[KERNEL][OOS/CUSTOM] mcd-kernel [r3]

Search This thread

deepu458

• Feb 11, 2015
    VIJAYAWADA/FRANKFORT
    Hello everyone,

this build adresses memory and cpu usage, and it's up-to-date now with the CAF branch. Many thanks again to our beloved testers!

# Changelog:

• Compiled with mcd clang v13 for maximum stability
    • Remove polly compiler optimazations
    • Upstream Anykernel3 source
    • Upstream OOS kernel source 10.3.9
    • Upstream android stable-linux to 4.9.266
    • Upstream latest f2fs drivers
    • Upstream/merge to latest CAF tag 'LA.UM.9.3.r1-01600-sdm845.0'
    • Remove simple_lmk and replace it with lmkd
    • Adjust Energy Model and some more cpu frequency related stuff
    • Add FPS sysfs node
    • Fix power-off alarm
    • Fix some previous mismerges
    • Many more

# Notes:

Choose the correct kernel .zip file depending on your current ROM:
    • _oos: OxygenOS 10.*
    • _custom: Any AOSP based custom ROM
    • _custom-los: AOSP based custom ROM with LineageOS displaymode handling (livedisplay), such as LineageOS, SyberiaOS

# Download:

Github: mcd-r3

FKM Updater configs: oos / custom / custom-los

# Installation:

Dirty flash over any previous mcd-kernel is just fine. Consider a clean ROM flash if you are coming from any other custom kernel!

# Support:

Thanks a lot for your support

Reactions: mcdachpappe

urgali

Jun 23, 2015
    OnePlus One
    OnePlus 2
    Does this function work for anyone of you on this kernel? Seems it just stops working as soon as I switch from stock rom kernel (this is Los based rom and I'm using Los mcd)

Anyone else facing the same?

Judging from logcat it seems my phone actually "sees" the known wifi through scanning but never turns on wifi radio

Attachments

• photo6032872800001307571.jpg
      photo6032872800001307571.jpg
      51.9 KB · Views: 147

flash713

• May 7, 2015
    the Gulf Coast
    Google Pixel 4 XL
    Does this function work for anyone of you on this kernel? Seems it just stops working as soon as I switch from stock rom kernel (this is Los based rom and I'm using Los mcd)

Anyone else facing the same?

Judging from logcat it seems my phone actually "sees" the known wifi through scanning but never turns on wifi radio
    My 6T auto connects fine on OOS 10.3.9 with latest mcd kernel. Just tested it after reading your post.

Reactions: urgali
    Hello everyone!

Taking r3 for a spin. It appears my device is not passing SafetyNet, after applying the vendor fingerprint via MagiskHide Props Config. I tried disabling Props -> rebooting -> re-applying -> rebooting again, with the same result (image below).

Anyone else experiencing this on r3?

Device: OP6T
    ROM: OOS 10.3.9
    Kernel: r3
    Magisk: 22.1
    TWRP: 3.5.2_9-0

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210417-195907.jpg
      Screenshot_20210417-195907.jpg
      144 KB · Views: 273
    Last edited:

Mr.FREE_Bird

Nov 5, 2013
    Hello everyone!

Taking r3 for a spin. It appears my device is not passing SafetyNet, after applying the vendor fingerprint via MagiskHide Props Config. I tried disabling Props -> rebooting -> re-applying -> rebooting again, with the same result (image below).

View attachment 5282387
    Safety net passes fine with the latest build. It's just that Google blocked the API key of Magisk which causes it to fail. An update with a new working API key will be pushed soon. You could try an other safety net checker app to see that your device passes safety net fine.

mcdachpappe

Recognized Developer
    Oct 25, 2015
    Hello everyone!

View attachment 5282387

That's most likely a gms / magisk thing: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/magisk-general-support-discussion.3432382/page-2168#post-84280747

Reactions: ky41083

flash713

• May 7, 2015
    the Gulf Coast
    Google Pixel 4 XL
    Anyone using OOS 10.3.9 on 6t with mcd r2 or r3? I'm flashed on both slots data formatted, magisk canary and busy box magisk module.. That is what I have installed and yesterday I tried using klapse in Franco kernel manager app and when I moved the slider it didn't dim at all. I saw this first on r2 then updated to r3 and it was still there. I installed Blu Spark_155 latest, from 12 days ago, same issue going on there. Klapse doesn't adjust to a dimmer level when I try to adjust it in FKM app. This surely isn't ruining my life or anything I just figured I'd say something about it. I can live without klapse being able to dim my screen below the stock level. LoL.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210425-043323.jpg
      Screenshot_20210425-043323.jpg
      88.7 KB · Views: 69

vonstarr

Aug 21, 2010
    Good day, and it is A GOOD day!

Using mcd-r3 on OOS 10.3.10. I don't know what you did, but there is a noticeable difference in my phones behaviour between stock kernel and this! EVERYTHING loads faster now! My jaw dropped, no kidding! Every app is much quicker than before, switching is a breeze...

All I did was dirty flash the kernel after installing the OTA. I am genuinely blown away.

Thanks so much for your work! No one would guess this phone is a few years old now!

Was considering buying two phones whenever I move on and sending one to you to ensure I keep getting the best kernel option! 😂

Reactions: mcdachpappe
    Sep 7, 2012

Using mcd-r3 on OOS 10.3.10. I don't know what you did, but there is a noticeable difference in my phones behaviour between stock kernel and this! EVERYTHING loads faster now! My jaw dropped, no kidding! Every app is much quicker than before, switching is a breeze...

All I did was dirty flash the kernel after installing the OTA. I am genuinely blown away.

Thanks so much for your work! No one would guess this phone is a few years old now!

Was considering buying two phones whenever I move on and sending one to you to ensure I keep getting the best kernel option! 😂
    Any settings changed or just flashed the kernel?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      I know this is in the release notes, but power off alarm is working consistently for me again. I can finally daily driver the new branch of this kernel.

Thank you!

caMCQkK.png

Code:
      * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, or you getting
      * fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any
      * concerns about features included in this KERNEL before flashing it. YOU are
      * choosing to make these modifications.

I would like to share with you my personal kernel build. It's based on the upstreamed android-linux-stable kernel source with additional features and commits from different great developers out there.

Builds starting of 2021 are based on arter97's OP6 kernel swap variant.

# Thread / Kernel information:
      1. Supports OnePlus6 and OnePlus6T
      2. Unified kernel: build 14-07-2020 to 16-12-2020 [OxygenOS and AOSP custom ROMs]
      3. GPU overclocked version [for those who need this] is available in our telegram-group only
      4. Feel free to ask for new features/commits which you like to see in this kernel
      5. Please have a look at #post2 of this thread for download links and further details before downloading and flashing this kernel!
      6. Be nice and respectful to each other

# Main Features:
      • Systemless installation
      • Passes SafetyNet
      • Compiled with LLVM Clang v13 toolchain + LTO
      • Preserves magisk [if present]
      • #########################################
      • Upstreamed android-linux-stable branch / builds starting of 2021 are CAF/ALS upstreamed
      • Upstreamed OnePlus/OxygenOS 10 kernel source
      • Battery_idle mode support [Advanced charging controller needed]
      • CPU input_boost - [disabled by default]
      • FSync toggle - [enabled by default]
      • GPU: adrenoboost [low / mid / high]
      • KCAL color control
      • K-Lapse support
      • Led control [OP6 only]
      • Minimum backlight control and high brightness option
      • Sound control and Microfone gain
      • TCP: advanced TCP algorithms - [Westwood as default]
      • USB Fast Charge toggle - [disabled by default]
      • Vibration control
      • Wakelock blocker
      • WiFi module picked from CAF's source
      • WireGuard support
      • Removed a lot of debugging stuff and log spam

# Sources:

# Credits:
      • Thanks to these great guys and their programming skills and their sources: acuicultor, arter97, eng.stk, flar2, joshuous, kdrag0n, kerneltoast, kristofpetho, LordBoeffla, nathanchance, osm0sis, RenderBroken, tanish2k09, zx2c4, 0ctobot
      • Huge thanks to @rippledrums for designing our logo!
      • Thanks to everyone i may forgot

# Support:

XDA:DevDB Information
      [KERNEL][OOS/CUSTOM] mcd-kernel, Kernel for the OnePlus 6

Contributors
      mcdachpappe
      Source Code: https://github.com/mcdachpappe/android_kernel_oneplus_sdm845

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
      Stable

Created 2019-05-19
      Last Updated 2021-02-18
      Update - build 23-08-2020

Hi,

nothing special this time.

Changelog:
      • Upstreamed to android-linux-stable 4.9.233
      • Merged OxygenOS 10.3.5 kernel changes

Bottom line:
      Update - build 24-06-2020

Hello everyone,

this new build comes after days of testing. I would like to thank everyone who uses / tests this kernel and their useful feedback that will further improve this project.

I'm going to provide a GPU undervolted/overclocked version of this kernel [OOS and custom] in our telegram group to keep things as stable as possible here on xda. Using changed mV or MHz values should be considered as experimental!

Changelog:
      • Upstreamed to android-linux-stable 4.9.228
      • Merged latest Clang 10.x toolchain changes
      • Remove cpu_input_boost and devfreq_boost [by kerneltoast]
      • Bring back CAF's cpu-boost mechanism and set/guard our boosting values
      • Set CFQ as default I/O scheduler again
      • Silence more log spam
      • Misc stuff

Have fun!

Bottom line:
      Feedback is very much appreciated either in this thread or in our Telegram group: http://t.me/mcd_kernel
      Telegram update channel for stable, testing and GPU UV/OC builds: https://t.me/mcd_kernel_builds
      Update - build 16-12-2020

Hello,

OxygenOS 10.3.7 kernel sources were pushed, this is your kernel update!

This update disables cpu input_boost by default. If you notice some sort of stuttering or you just want some extra performance, feel free to enable it again. In theory, lightweight app (e.g. messaging) user's should benefit of this change.

Changelog:
      • Upstreamed to android-linux-stable 4.9.248
      • Upstreamed OxygenOS 10.3.7 kernel source
      • Upstreamed mcd-clang v12 toolchain
      • cpu-boost: Disable input_boost
      • sched/tune: Disable boost_no_override for TA and FG
      • misc stuff

Bottom line:
      Update - build 04-06-2020

Hello everyone,

OxygenOS 10.3.4 kernel sources dropped, here comes your kernel update!

Changelog:
      • Upstreamed to android-linux-stable 4.9.226
      • Merged OOS 10.3.4 kernel sources
      • Merged latest Clang 10.x toolchain changes
      • Silence OOS log spam while charging
      • Misc stuff

Have fun!

Bottom line:
      Feedback is very much appreciated either in this thread or in our telegram group: http://t.me/mcd_kernel
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone