[KERNEL][Android 10-13][OOS/Custom] mcd-kernel [r19]

Search This thread

mcdachpappe

Recognized Developer
Oct 25, 2015
OnePlus 6
Hello,

this releaase add's another kernel type ' _custom-los-fod' because of the latest LineageOS FOD driver code changes. Choose this build on custom ROMs if you are having FOD issues.

Thanks - again - to anyone who improves this project with me. Enjoy!

# Changelog:

• Compiled with mcd clang v13 for maximum stability
  • Upstream AnyKernel3 source
  • Upstream up to android stable-linux to 4.9.272
  • Downstream wifi drivers to CAF tag 'LA.UM.8.3.r1-06900-sdm845.0'
  • Fixup vbswap initialization
  • Disable userspace / CAF cpu boosting [fixes max cpu frequencies while scrolling / flinging]; bd81a3c
  • Add devfreq_boost driver and introduce a kind of frame boosting; bd433c1
  • Replace lmkd with simple_lmk

# Notes:

Choose the correct kernel .zip file depending on your current ROM:
  • _oos: OxygenOS 10.*
  • _custom: Any AOSP based custom ROM
  • _custom-los: AOSP based custom ROM with LineageOS displaymode handling (livedisplay)
  • _custom-los-fod: Custom ROM with LineageOS displaymode handling (livedisplay) + updated FOD code

# Download:

Github: mcd-r5

FKM Updater configs: oos | custom | custom-los | custom-los_fod

# Installation:

Dirty flash over any previous mcd-kernel is just fine. Consider a clean ROM flash if you are coming from any other custom kernel!

# Support:

Last edited:

asikroy

Jun 25, 2013
Using crdroid for past 3 months.
one issue
my wifi stuck at wifing turning on and doesnt turns on. it works only with mcd kernel that too r3 april build only. latest mcd kernel r4 too doesnt switch on the wifi.
crdroid ROMs last mcd build and may months last release candidate wifi worked out of the box but the latest build also wifi doesnt turn on but as i flash mcd rc3 it works..

Tried a fresh install of the rom
tried with oos latest zip flashing to both slots
then flashed the crdroid still no luck of wifi working with stock kernel as soon as i flash mcd r3 it works

MCD r5 fixed the issue..now wifi working smoothly crdroid 7.6 wit MCD r5

Reactions: Koeties

iJiB

Sep 25, 2012
Jakarta
i9100
OnePlus 6
Hello,

this releaase add's another kernel type ' _custom-los-fod' because of the latest LineageOS FOD driver code changes. Choose this build on custom ROMs if you are having FOD issues.

Thanks - again - to anyone who improves this project with me. Enjoy!

# Changelog:

• Upstream AnyKernel3 source
  • Upstream up to android stable-linux to 4.9.272
  • Downstream wifi drivers to CAF tag 'LA.UM.8.3.r1-06900-sdm845.0'
  • Fixup vbswap initialization
  • Disable userspace / CAF cpu boosting [fixes max cpu frequencies while scrolling / flinging]; bd81a3c
  • Add devfreq_boost driver and introduce a kind of frame boosting; bd433c1
  • Replace lmkd with simple_lmk

# Notes:

• _custom-los: AOSP based custom ROM with LineageOS displaymode handling (livedisplay)
  • _custom-los-fod: Custom ROM with LineageOS displaymode handling (livedisplay) + updated FOD code

# Download:

Github: mcd-r5

FKM Updater configs: oos | custom | custom-los | custom-los_fod

# Installation:

Dirty flash over any previous mcd-kernel is just fine. Consider a clean ROM flash if you are coming from any other custom kernel!

# Support:

Thanks for the update, just want to make a report and see if anyone else experienced it on their end. After upgrading to mcd-r5, after the phone goes to sleep the WiFi somehow was automatically disconnected. It will reconnect again after turning the screen on.

I'm currently on OOS 10.3.11, and all the options in the Settings -> Wi-Fi & internet -> Wi-Fi -> Wi-Fi preferences is turned off.

Mr.FREE_Bird

Nov 5, 2013
Thanks for the update, just want to make a report and see if anyone else experienced it on their end. After upgrading to mcd-r5, after the phone goes to sleep the WiFi somehow was automatically disconnected. It will reconnect again after turning the screen on.

I'm currently on OOS 10.3.11, and all the options in the Settings -> Wi-Fi & internet -> Wi-Fi -> Wi-Fi preferences is turned off.
That's caused by a battery saving feature of OOS, I'm not sure what the name of the feature was since I'm running a custom ROM for quite some time. But I am pretty sure the feature I'm talking about it located somewhere in the battery menu in the settings.

iJiB

Sep 25, 2012
Jakarta
i9100
OnePlus 6
That's caused by a battery saving feature of OOS, I'm not sure what the name of the feature was since I'm running a custom ROM for quite some time. But I am pretty sure the feature I'm talking about it located somewhere in the battery menu in the settings.
that's what I first thought too, but I've always turned off battery saver option in the battery settings. I didn't change any settings in the OOS before flashing mcd-r5, was previously on mcd-r4 and didn't have this behavior.
anyways, I'm just posting this to see if anyone else had the same experience or it's just me. If it's just me, then it's probably something wrong on my end.

Mr.FREE_Bird

Nov 5, 2013
that's what I first thought too, but I've always turned off battery saver option in the battery settings. I didn't change any settings in the OOS before flashing mcd-r5, was previously on mcd-r4 and didn't have this behavior.
anyways, I'm just posting this to see if anyone else had the same experience or it's just me. If it's just me, then it's probably something wrong on my end.
No, I'm not talking about the standard battery saving options but those with literally "WiFi" in the name, there's an OOS feature that automatically turns WiFi off as soon your phone goes to sleep. It's tucked away in some menus. Sadly I can't remember where it's exactly located. But to me it sounds like that feature is enabled on your end.

mcdachpappe

Recognized Developer
Oct 25, 2015
OnePlus 6
Have a look at:

Settings - Battery - Battery optimisation - Advanced optimisation (3 dots at the top right corner) - disable: 'Sleep standby optimisation'

This is what @Mr.FREE_Bird is referring to

iJiB

Sep 25, 2012
Jakarta
i9100
OnePlus 6
Have a look at:

Settings - Battery - Battery optimisation - Advanced optimisation (3 dots at the top right corner) - disable: 'Sleep standby optimisation'

This is what @Mr.FREE_Bird is referring to
I was remembering from other ROM that had the setting called "Turn off WiFi on screen off" or something like that but couldn't find that in OOS. I guess "Sleep standby optimization" is what they called it in OOS.

I have checked that and it's already disabled:
Screenshot_20210618-011720.jpg

I'm currently reverting back to mcd-r4 and the WiFi is behaving normal. It's alright, R4 is doing fantastic job anyways, so no worries. Thanks for trying to help.

mcdachpappe

Recognized Developer
Oct 25, 2015
OnePlus 6
I was remembering from other ROM that had the setting called "Turn off WiFi on screen off" or something like that but couldn't find that in OOS. I guess "Sleep standby optimization" is what they called it in OOS.

I have checked that and it's already disabled:
View attachment 5340705
I'm currently reverting back to mcd-r4 and the WiFi is behaving normal. It's alright, R4 is doing fantastic job anyways, so no worries. Thanks for trying to help.
Have you flashed the latest oxygenos to both slots? There are rumors that this might fix some signal / wifi issues if it's installed to both slots.

iJiB

Sep 25, 2012
Jakarta
i9100
OnePlus 6
Have you flashed the latest oxygenos to both slots? There are rumors that this might fix some signal / wifi issues if it's installed to both slots.
Yes, I always flash the ROM on both slots, never had signal or wifi issues. Just found it weird that I'm only experiencing wifi disconnection during screen off on R5 but not on previous releases. Maybe it got something to do with the wifi drivers being used in R5 that didn't play nicely with my router.

CUBENSIS

Aug 28, 2008
OnePlus 6T
Wifi still broken for me on r4 (didn't try r5 b/c it doesn't list any wifi changes in changelog). Initially things work fine, but eventually I will find that my wifi is on but not connected to the local wifi and the list of available wifi networks will be blank. The only way to fix this is to reboot the phone. There have been improvements with each "r" version, because it now takes longer for this problem to occur in r4, and on some earlier r versions I couldn't connect to 802.1x (enterprise) networks at all.

The last version where wifi works 100% properly is 11/14/2020. I'm on the latest stock Oxygen OS, latest stable Magisk.

If there are any logs or other data I can provide to help troubleshoot this, please let me know.

mcdachpappe

Recognized Developer
Oct 25, 2015
OnePlus 6
Wifi still broken for me on r4 (didn't try r5 b/c it doesn't list any wifi changes in changelog). Initially things work fine, but eventually I will find that my wifi is on but not connected to the local wifi and the list of available wifi networks will be blank. The only way to fix this is to reboot the phone. There have been improvements with each "r" version, because it now takes longer for this problem to occur in r4, and on some earlier r versions I couldn't connect to 802.1x (enterprise) networks at all.

The last version where wifi works 100% properly is 11/14/2020. I'm on the latest stock Oxygen OS, latest stable Magisk.

If there are any logs or other data I can provide to help troubleshoot this, please let me know.
thanks for your feedback. please join our telegram group to grab the latest test build which is based on my old kernel tree (this includes your mentioned wifi drivers of 11/14/2020).

nirogu325

Oct 15, 2010
thanks for your feedback. please join our telegram group to grab the latest test build which is based on my old kernel tree (this includes your mentioned wifi drivers of 11/14/2020).
Hello. I checked your TG group and found the test kernel just for OOS. On R5 I am having yet again the same 2.4GHz WiFi performance issue (using RRemix). I'll keep an eye out for a Custom variant of the test kernel.

Aashay

Sep 19, 2014
I am on the latest version of the kernel and using FKM app. I wanted to block wakelocks but I am unable to see that option anywhere. Any help is appreciated.

I am on the latest version of the kernel and using FKM app. I wanted to block wakelocks but I am unable to see that option anywhere. Any help is appreciated.
That option isn't present via the fkn app. This is a great kernel out of the box as is. I run this kernel and, Nolimits and, this phone is great. Try nolimits 12.0 if you are using Oxygen OS. You won't regret.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    caMCQkK.png

Code:
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, or you getting
    * fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any
    * concerns about features included in this KERNEL before flashing it. YOU are
    * choosing to make these modifications.

I would like to share with you my personal kernel build. It's based on official OnePlus kernel sources combined with some additional features and commits from different great developers out there.

Features:
    • No root required
    • Systemless installation, no custom kernel scripts
    • Passes SafetyNet
    • #########################################
    • OxygenOS build based on official OnePlus kernel source
    • Custom ROM build based LineageOS kernel source
    • Compiled with AOSP clang v12.0.5, LLVM tools and LLD linker
    • Battery_idle mode support [Advanced charging controller needed]
    • CPU input_boost - [enabled by default]
    • FSync toggle - [enabled by default]
    • GPU: adrenoboost [low / mid / high]
    • KCAL color control
    • K-Lapse support
    • Led control [OP6 only]
    • Minimum backlight control and high brightness option
    • Scheduler improvements to improve jitter and UX
    • Sound control and Microfone gain
    • TCP: advanced TCP algorithms - [Westwood as default]
    • USB Fast Charge - [disabled by default]
    • Vibration control
    • Wakelock blocker
    • WiFi module picked from CAF's source
    • WireGuard support
    • ZRAM improvements [2 GB, zstd compression]
    • Removed a lot of debugging stuff and log spam

Download:
    Latest version: mcd r19
    FKM Updater config: OxygenOS / custom ROMs

Support:
    • Leave a like or a comment - this keeps me motivated :)
    • PayPal donations are another appreciated way: Thank you very much!

Telegram contact:

Sources:

Credits:
    • Thanks to these great guys and their programming skills and their sources: acuicultor, arter97, eng.stk, flar2, joshuous, kdrag0n, kerneltoast, kristofpetho, LordBoeffla, nathanchance, osm0sis, RenderBroken, tanish2k09, zx2c4
    • Huge thanks to @rippledrums for designing our logo!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [KERNEL][OOS/CUSTOM] mcd-kernel, Kernel for the OnePlus 6

Contributors
    mcdachpappe
    Source Code: https://github.com/mcdachpappe/android_kernel_oneplus_sdm845

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2019-05-19
    Last Updated 2022-11-26
    Installation:
    • Do not switch between other custom kernels without installing a stock boot.img or reflashing your ROM !
    • Flash kernel .zip via any kernel manager app or custom recovery

Update:
    • Flash your desired mcd-kernel version on top of your existing mcd-kernel

Known issues:
    • OxygenOS:
      • OOS 11.*: Network speed indicators are not working on any custom kernel
    • Custom ROMs:
      • Gestures might not work on some custom ROMs as this kernel uses LineageOS gesture handling

Troubleshooting:
    Try one or more of these steps prior flashing this kernel if you run into issues:​
    • Delete your kernel-manager-app data
    • Dirty flash your current ROM / Flash stock boot.img
    If you are still facing any issues, join our telegram group and report your issues via #bugreport.​

Kernel history:
    Hello everyone,

enjoy our latest release :) Thanks for everyone who help me out to improve this project!

# Changelog:

• Upstream Anykernel3 source
    • Upstream OOS kernel source 10.3.11
    • Upstream up to android stable-linux to 4.9.270
    • Upstream/merge up to latest CAF tag 'LA.UM.9.3.r1-02100-sdm845.0'
    • Downstream wifi drivers to CAF tag 'LA.UM.8.3.r1-08800-sdm845.0' [last known well working drivers]
    • Upstream scheduler changes from android-4.14
    • Clean-up the kernel tree
    • Fix some previous mismerges
    • Many more I may forgot

# Notes:

• _custom-los: AOSP based custom ROM with LineageOS displaymode handling (livedisplay), such as LineageOS, SyberiaOS

# Download:

Github: mcd-r4

FKM Updater configs: oos / custom / custom-los

# Installation:

# Support:

Update - build 23-08-2020

Hi,

nothing special this time.

Changelog:
    • Upstreamed to android-linux-stable 4.9.233
    • Merged OxygenOS 10.3.5 kernel changes

Bottom line:
    Hello,

ZRAM is back and hopefully satisfies our multitasking users. Besides that double-tap-to-wake should be working for everyone again. Enjoy :)

# Changelog:
    • Compiled with mcd clang v11, LLD and llvm-tools
    • Upstream to android stable-linux to 4.9.278
    • Enable ZRAM and writeback [2GB of size and lzo-rle as comp]
    • Clean-up touchscreen driver [fixes gestures on some custom ROMs]

Thanks - again - to anyone who tries to improve this project with me.

# Notes:

• _custom: LineageOS based custom ROMs

# Download:

Github: mcd r7

FKM Updater configs: oos | custom

# Installation:

# Support:

• If you want to support me, leave a like or a comment
    • Join our telegram group or update channel
    • Another appreciated way to support me: via PayPal :)