[KERNEL] [OOS] Omega kernel [June 11, 2020]

Search This thread

hakimbk23

Aug 6, 2020
Introduction

Hello everyone, this is my personal kernel for the OnePlus 6T, using it as my current daily driver.
My philosophy on the kernel is pretty simple, intended to replace the stock kernel, but with a lot of under-the-hood tweaks.

Hopefully you will all enjoy!

Important thread information!

I refuse to acknowledge/respond to bug reports that do not include clear steps to reproduce, a logcat, and a console ramoops (if random rebooting) or a dmesg (any other issues). Follow this guide to do this.
Keep things civil, no flaming in the forums!

Features

• Up to date with OxygenOS 10 source
  • Compiled with Clang 10-release branch for maximum stability, with all warnings and errors fixed
  • Many tweaks under the hood for smoother UX, lower battery drain, etc.
  • Kernel uses CAF's WiFi module for sdm845
  • Westwood as the default congestion algorithm
  • Hides bootloader unlock from SafetyNet
  • Available to flash with AnyKernel3

Latest kernel release post

LINK

Source

Omega GitHub: https://github.com/kristofpetho/kernel_oneplus_sdm845
Omega originally sourced from: OnePlusOSS

Thanks where it's due

Nathan Chance for his guidance and patience with general kernel dev questions
Kerneltoast for his guidance
zx2c4 (for WireGuard)
osm0sis (for AnyKernel3)

hello bro i'm sure that you can solve my problem with my OP6T so i explain :
so after i did a factory reset on my oneplus 6t my microphone is no longer working when i try to record something the result its just a bip and noise sounds and for call my speaker (ear speaker) the sound is so noisy and low and i cant volume up or down with the buttons is just locked , i try to downgrade from oxygenOS 10.3.4 to oxygenOS 9 but no difference
so please i need your help to solve this problems
its a hardware or softwar problem ??
if there any kernel to fix this problem or any method ??
thanks

scorpio76r

Jan 10, 2016
All over like street lights
so after i did a factory reset on my oneplus 6t my microphone is no longer working when i try to record something the result its just a bip and noise sounds and for call my speaker (ear speaker) the sound is so noisy and low and i cant volume up or down with the buttons is just locked , i try to downgrade from oxygenOS 10.3.4 to oxygenOS 9 but no difference
thanks
Have you confirmed that it's not a hardware problem? The issue that you have, I haven't seen mentioned in any thread relating to our device. I lean towards a hardware issue being present in your device. Not a software issue.

thanks

If I were you I'd wipe my phone clean using fastboot and install OOS 10.3.5 on slot a and slot b and leave it on a day and see if anything changes. You could possibly need to replace your speaker. I haven't searched around for that issue on this device but I had a similar issue on my Xiaomi Mi Mix 2. My "in call sound" went out and it was just after a clean installation of the first rom I installed, Havoc. I started a thread about my issue here on XDA and I found out there were indeed more people with the same exact issue as me and a few of them had their sound go out after installing Havoc as well. Do some searching about your speaker and see what's out there. Making a post about it on XDA specific to what's going on wouldn't hurt either. If it is your speaker you could replace it no biggy and they're cheap. If it's happened before ever to anyone else it's on the internet somewhere.

Have you confirmed that it's not a hardware problem? The issue that you have, I haven't seen mentioned in any thread relating to our device. I lean towards a hardware issue being present in your device. Not a software issue.

That's definitely a possibility. A quick search would probably solve that question...

pbergonzi

Jun 14, 2013
Mesa, AZ
hello bro

Let me offer that you are asking this question in a thread titled "Omega Kernel", which since you are not using it, cannot be your issue.

While people in this particular forum have been kind enough to give you some advice, you will do better to post your question in the Oneplus 6T Questions and Answers forum (https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-6t/help), where people look to be helpful.

Reactions: kousarali
Dec 25, 2015
Hi guys. Im trying to install this kernel with stock oos 10.3.5 and I can´t install netflix from Play Store. What's the problem?
Thanks

Solved... I don't know how, but I reboot the device and try again searching the netflix app and appears.

Last edited:
Hi guys. Im trying to install this kernel with stock oos 10.3.5 and I can´t install netflix from Play Store. What's the problem?
Thanks

Solved... I don't know how, but I reboot the device and try again searching the netflix app and appears.

If ever you have this issue again and Netflix isn't visible on Google play store just download the Netflix apk from Aurora appstore here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/galaxy-playstore-alternative-t3739733 I keep an apk of Netflix and quite a few others on my USB drive do I can just sideload them if I need to. And there are apps on Fdroid that you can use to make sure the apks are legit and don't have crap in them that's not supposed to be there. :)

Duvel999

Nov 1, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S3
OnePlus 6T
If ever you have this issue again and Netflix isn't visible on Google play store just download the Netflix apk from Aurora appstore here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/galaxy-playstore-alternative-t3739733 I keep an apk of Netflix and quite a few others on my USB drive do I can just sideload them if I need to. And there are apps on Fdroid that you can use to make sure the apks are legit and don't have crap in them that's not supposed to be there. :)

I Use APK Mirror, is safe & works perfect

Reactions: 235anders15

dpaine88

Aug 3, 2010
I noticed the new OOS update says RAM Management Improvement - wonder if that means we can turn RAM boost back on with this update?

Or maybe I missed it and some point and that isn't a strong recommendation anymore but I do recall the ZRAM/RAM boost not working so OP said to disable it

scorpio76r

Jan 10, 2016
All over like street lights
I noticed the new OOS update says RAM Management Improvement - wonder if that means we can turn RAM boost back on with this update?

Or maybe I missed it and some point and that isn't a strong recommendation anymore but I do recall the ZRAM/RAM boost not working so OP said to disable it
Honestly, you don't have to do that. This kernel out of the box is enough. I tweak many things regarding devices. On this device though, I have personally never found or needed to do anything with this kernel other than to flash it.

Reactions: sbmd

dpaine88

Aug 3, 2010
Honestly, you don't have to do that. This kernel out of the box is enough. I tweak many things regarding devices. On this device though, I have personally never found or needed to do anything with this kernel other than to flash it.

I do agree this kernel kicks ass and doesn't need any tweaks but there was a time in the past year we were told by the OP explicitly to turn RAM boost off before flashing kernel .

I do agree this kernel kicks ass and doesn't need any tweaks but there was a time in the past year we were told by the OP explicitly to turn RAM boost off before flashing kernel .
You don't need to do that anymore. You can have RAM boost enabled. That changed from a few Omega versions back but I can't remember from which one.

:)

Sent from my OnePlus 6T using XDA Labs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Omega kernel development has now been discontinued for the OnePlus 6T.

Introduction

Hello everyone, this is my personal kernel for the OnePlus 6T, using it as my current daily driver.
    My philosophy on the kernel is pretty simple, intended to replace the stock kernel, but with a lot of under-the-hood tweaks.

Hopefully you will all enjoy!

Important thread information!

I refuse to acknowledge/respond to bug reports that do not include clear steps to reproduce, a logcat, and a console ramoops (if random rebooting) or a dmesg (any other issues). Follow this guide to do this.
    Keep things civil, no flaming in the forums!

Features

• Up to date with OxygenOS 10 source
    • Compiled with Google's Clang 11 branch for maximum stability, with all warnings and errors fixed
    • Many tweaks under the hood for smoother UX, lower battery drain, etc.
    • Westwood as the default congestion algorithm
    • Hides bootloader unlock from SafetyNet
    • Available to flash with AnyKernel3

Latest kernel release post

LINK

Source

Omega GitHub: https://github.com/kristofpetho/kernel_oneplus_sdm845
    Omega originally sourced from: OnePlusOSS

Thanks where it's due

Nathan Chance for his guidance and patience with general kernel dev questions
    Kerneltoast for his guidance
    zx2c4 (for WireGuard)
    osm0sis (for AnyKernel3)
    Hi guys,

As you know I've now moved on to the 8 Pro.
    Nonetheless, this kernel will be maintained!
    This means that
    - if there are any source updates from OnePlus, I will merge them in
    - as well as follow any Clang toolchain updates

Take care,

Kristof
    New release!

Changelog:
    - Fix for random high idle drain - I'm now seeing 0.5-0.6% per hour drain overnight with everything enabled, and Fitbit constantly syncing
    - Removed some unneeded drivers that we don't have hardware for (no functional changes)
    - Reverted a few minor tweaks to bring the kernel configuration closer to stock
    - Updated WireGuard to latest version (20200215)
    - Updated Anykernel3 to latest

Enjoy!
    New release!

Changelog:
    - Compiled with the latest GCC 9.3 stable, using my custom build toolchain
    - Futher minor edits in defconfig file for better active and idle drain

Enjoy!
    New release!

Changelog:
    - Updated with OOS 10.3.4 kernel source patches
    - Updated Clang toolchain that contains bugfixes

Enjoy!