[KERNEL] [OOS] Omega kernel [June 11, 2020]

Search This thread

kristofpetho

May 27, 2009
Zoetermeer
Omega kernel development has now been discontinued for the OnePlus 6T.

Introduction

Hello everyone, this is my personal kernel for the OnePlus 6T, using it as my current daily driver.
My philosophy on the kernel is pretty simple, intended to replace the stock kernel, but with a lot of under-the-hood tweaks.

Hopefully you will all enjoy!

Important thread information!

I refuse to acknowledge/respond to bug reports that do not include clear steps to reproduce, a logcat, and a console ramoops (if random rebooting) or a dmesg (any other issues). Follow this guide to do this.
Keep things civil, no flaming in the forums!

Features

• Up to date with OxygenOS 10 source
  • Compiled with Google's Clang 11 branch for maximum stability, with all warnings and errors fixed
  • Many tweaks under the hood for smoother UX, lower battery drain, etc.
  • Westwood as the default congestion algorithm
  • Hides bootloader unlock from SafetyNet
  • Available to flash with AnyKernel3

Latest kernel release post

LINK

Source

Omega GitHub: https://github.com/kristofpetho/kernel_oneplus_sdm845
Omega originally sourced from: OnePlusOSS

Thanks where it's due

Nathan Chance for his guidance and patience with general kernel dev questions
Kerneltoast for his guidance
zx2c4 (for WireGuard)
osm0sis (for AnyKernel3)

Last edited:

kristofpetho

May 27, 2009
Zoetermeer
I will just leave this here... :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190227-231911.jpg
    Screenshot_20190227-231911.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 22,383

WillSmith89

Jan 19, 2019
I will just leave this here... :)
First of all,judging the battery performance just from 100-91% and being happy is similar to premature ejaculation.Because drain from 100-90s is never accurate.
Secondly,those stats are nothing worth bragging about since most other kernels(including stock) will give better battery.

kristofpetho

May 27, 2009
Zoetermeer
First of all,judging the battery performance just from 100-91% and being happy is similar to premature ejaculation.Because drain from 100-90s is never accurate.
Secondly,those stats are nothing worth bragging about since most other kernels(including stock) will give better battery.

Thanks for the honest feedback, though I don't appreciate the tone.

Though you are right in that I probably should have given a bit more context - on stock I usually got about 15-16% drain on similar conditions, as I have 3 Exchange accounts constantly syncing, a Gmail account, as well as Whatsapp.

DroidSmasher

May 24, 2017

Ok so how much did you pay him to develop this kernel? If you can't appreciate something given to you for free, then at least keep that dirty hole on your face to yourself and don't open it in public forums with that arrogant tone. Kids like you is the reason why we don't see much developers being active here.

Thanks for the honest feedback, though I don't appreciate the tone.

Though you are right in that I probably should have given a bit more context - on stock I usually got about 15-16% drain on similar conditions, as I have 3 Exchange accounts constantly syncing, a Gmail account, as well as Whatsapp.

You don't have to respond to such ignorant entitled kids. You're doing a wonderful job. I flashed your kernel and honestly surprised with the battery life too.

I mainly believe in having pure performance over much features so this kernel perfectly fits my needs. Keep up the good work!

DeveDroid

Jan 14, 2014
Ok so how much did you pay him to develop this kernel? If you can't appreciate something given to you for free, then at least keep that dirty hole on your face to yourself and don't open it in public forums with that arrogant tone. Kids like you is the reason why we don't see much developers being active here.

You don't have to respond to such ignorant entitled kids. You're doing a wonderful job. I flashed your kernel and honestly surprised with the battery life too.

I mainly believe in having pure performance over much features so this kernel perfectly fits my needs. Keep up the good work!

Sadly we're in XDA were users these days won't respect the hard work of developers. I suggest OP to start a telegram group and put up a link here to stay in touch with actual interested users, like myself. Cheers.

thirtythr33

Sep 3, 2011
New York
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9 Pro

lmao. the fail and ignorance in this comment is so staggering that I can't even think of a place to start. I am absolutely sure that you cannot, have not, and will not contribute anything to this community, outside of comments like this. its kids like you that are causing devs to leave xda entirely, for telegram, or wherever else. this once was a place where nonsense comments like this were mostly infrequent, and dealt with accordingly. now, sadly, this is what xda has become.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Omega kernel development has now been discontinued for the OnePlus 6T.

Introduction

Hello everyone, this is my personal kernel for the OnePlus 6T, using it as my current daily driver.
    My philosophy on the kernel is pretty simple, intended to replace the stock kernel, but with a lot of under-the-hood tweaks.

Hopefully you will all enjoy!

Important thread information!

I refuse to acknowledge/respond to bug reports that do not include clear steps to reproduce, a logcat, and a console ramoops (if random rebooting) or a dmesg (any other issues). Follow this guide to do this.
    Keep things civil, no flaming in the forums!

Features

• Up to date with OxygenOS 10 source
    • Compiled with Google's Clang 11 branch for maximum stability, with all warnings and errors fixed
    • Many tweaks under the hood for smoother UX, lower battery drain, etc.
    • Westwood as the default congestion algorithm
    • Hides bootloader unlock from SafetyNet
    • Available to flash with AnyKernel3

Latest kernel release post

LINK

Source

Omega GitHub: https://github.com/kristofpetho/kernel_oneplus_sdm845
    Omega originally sourced from: OnePlusOSS

Thanks where it's due

Nathan Chance for his guidance and patience with general kernel dev questions
    Kerneltoast for his guidance
    zx2c4 (for WireGuard)
    osm0sis (for AnyKernel3)
    Hi guys,

As you know I've now moved on to the 8 Pro.
    Nonetheless, this kernel will be maintained!
    This means that
    - if there are any source updates from OnePlus, I will merge them in
    - as well as follow any Clang toolchain updates

Take care,

Kristof
    New release!

Changelog:
    - Fix for random high idle drain - I'm now seeing 0.5-0.6% per hour drain overnight with everything enabled, and Fitbit constantly syncing
    - Removed some unneeded drivers that we don't have hardware for (no functional changes)
    - Reverted a few minor tweaks to bring the kernel configuration closer to stock
    - Updated WireGuard to latest version (20200215)
    - Updated Anykernel3 to latest

Enjoy!
    New release!

Changelog:
    - Compiled with the latest GCC 9.3 stable, using my custom build toolchain
    - Futher minor edits in defconfig file for better active and idle drain

Enjoy!
    New release!

Changelog:
    - Updated with OOS 10.3.4 kernel source patches
    - Updated Clang toolchain that contains bugfixes

Enjoy!