Development EOL - [KERNEL] [OOS] Omega Kernel OOS11 [September 18, 2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rickysidhu_

Apr 1, 2016
Vancouver
Hey I just had a random reboot and I've attached logs. I'm not sure if you support the regular OP9 in terms of troubleshooting but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

I was double tapping the screen to wake it and then that's when the reboot happened.

Attachments

• logs.zip
    8.2 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: kristofpetho

Avinash007

Dec 31, 2014
OnePlus 9 Pro
Don't know if this is the right forum to ask but asking anyway, has anyone experienced Whatsapp being the heaviest on battery? I have seen Whatsapp's background usage is always in hours whereas the active usage is just under 60 minutes. I am not a heavy Whatsapp user. I have tried looking over many articles all of them suggest clearing app data, reinstall or upgrade. Obviously those do not help any way.
I was wondering if there can be any tuning at the kernel level like Oneplus did with the throttling of certain apps.
This kernel has been my daily driver since I got my 9 pro, must say I can't imagine using the phone without this kernel. Battery life has improved a lot, I even play PUBG and the temperatures stay well under 35 38.

tathagatab

Dec 31, 2014
Kolkata
OnePlus 9 Pro
OnePlus 12
Yeah agreed. That's why I don't have Facebook, Instagram or even Messenger. But can't go without WhatsApp sadly.

I don't have this problem, because I use an app called Icebox to keep WhatsApp and a bunch of other apps frozen. I fire 'em up when I need 'em, and then freeze 'em again. The freezing can be configured to happen automatically whenever your screen switches off.

I don't have this problem, because I use an app called Icebox to keep WhatsApp and a bunch of other apps frozen. I fire 'em up when I need 'em, and then freeze 'em again. The freezing can be configured to happen automatically whenever your screen switches off.
This is what I do too, and keeping all those battery-hungry apps frozen works wonders for battery life. But of course if they're frozen you don't get notifications (just a bonus for me), so it may not be ideal for a lot of people.

jwarrior319

So something happened recently that caused my phone throw itself into a borderline bootloop with this kernel. Wifi is totally trashed and rebooting takes AGES. only flashing back to stock kernel remedies this.
In order for anyone to diagnose/fix the issue we need kernel logs from during boot. Without it we have no way of knowing what actually happened and cant really help.

kristofpetho

May 27, 2009
Zoetermeer
New kernel release!

Changelog:
- Pulled in patch from Google to make cpufreq stat collection less CPU-hungry (smoothness)
- Pulled in 3 Clang/LLVM stability fixes from upstream Linux
- Pulled in a patch for better power consumption when vibrations are enabled (from arter's source)

While this kernel works on latest 11.2.9.9, please note that OnePlus hasn't released sources yet for 11.2.9.9.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Omega-11.0_0917.zip
    17.8 MB · Views: 742

samwhiteUK

Jul 1, 2012
Cambridge
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi @kristofpetho, lately (last few weeks) I've been having a random bug where a single press of the power button is being interpreted as a double tap, which is really annoying as it keeps opening the camera!

I've attached a dmesg of the issue - see around entries 5562-5567 for an occurrence.

This is a reasonably well-discussed issue, looking around - I don't know if it's crappy hardware on OnePlus' part, or shoddy button denouncing in software, but this is something that could be fixed at kernel level, right? Just reject all "presses" that are unreasonably close to the previous?

Thanks

Attachments

• dmesg-2021-09-20_200048.log
    483.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Hi @kristofpetho, lately (last few weeks) I've been having a random bug where a single press of the power button is being interpreted as a double tap, which is really annoying as it keeps opening the camera!

I've attached a dmesg of the issue - see around entries 5562-5567 for an occurrence.

This is a reasonably well-discussed issue, looking around - I don't know if it's crappy hardware on OnePlus' part, or shoddy button denouncing in software, but this is something that could be fixed at kernel level, right? Just reject all "presses" that are unreasonably close to the previous?

Thanks
This has been happening to me as well @samwhiteUK and I was able to Mitigate it temporarily (it seems to be coming back slowly) by disabling and re-enabling the Gesture (settings -> buttons & gestures -> Double Click the power button -> camera)

I am on Oxygen 11.2.8.8.LE15BA on my unlocked tmobile 9pro -- using omega 5.4.61

Would like to see this resolved as well

jwarrior319

Thanks

This has been happening to me as well @samwhiteUK and I was able to Mitigate it temporarily (it seems to be coming back slowly) by disabling and re-enabling the Gesture (settings -> buttons & gestures -> Double Click the power button -> camera)

I am on Oxygen 11.2.8.8.LE15BA on my unlocked tmobile 9pro -- using omega 5.4.61

Would like to see this resolved as well
This can be fixed by increasing the required delay between presses, but idk if its kernel level or if its in a system file somewhere. If its in a file im sure a magisk module can be made to adjust that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Development has stopped - see my last post HERE.

Introduction

Hello everyone, this is my personal kernel for the OnePlus 9 Pro.
    My philosophy on the kernel is pretty simple, intended to replace the stock kernel, but with a lot of under-the-hood tweaks.

Hopefully you will all enjoy!

Important thread information!

I refuse to acknowledge/respond to bug reports that do not include clear steps to reproduce, a logcat, and a console ramoops (if random rebooting) or a dmesg (any other issues). Follow this guide to do this.
    Keep things civil, no flaming in the forums!

Features

• Up to date with OxygenOS 11 source
    • Compiled with Google's Clang toolchain for maximum stability, with all warnings and errors fixed
    • Compiled with Clang's cortex-a55 optimizations
    • Many tweaks under the hood for smoother UX, lower battery drain, etc.
    • Westwood as the default congestion algorithm (BBR is also available)
    • Available to flash with AnyKernel3

Latest kernel release on GitHub

LINK

Source

Omega GitHub: https://github.com/kristofpetho/kernel_oneplus_sm8350
    Omega originally sourced from: OnePlusOSS

Thanks where it's due

@pyry666 for all his help getting me logs after logs after logs. Without him this wouldn't have been possible!
    @Burt Squirtz and @crashazz3 and @TheKnux for helping to test
    Kerneltoast for his extreme patience and guidance
    osm0sis (for AnyKernel3)
    @eng.stk for finding a way to have proper hardware detection working
    New kernel release!

Changelog:
    - Pulled in patch from Google to make cpufreq stat collection less CPU-hungry (smoothness)
    - Pulled in 3 Clang/LLVM stability fixes from upstream Linux
    - Pulled in a patch for better power consumption when vibrations are enabled (from arter's source)

While this kernel works on latest 11.2.9.9, please note that OnePlus hasn't released sources yet for 11.2.9.9.

Enjoy!
    New release!

Changelog:
    - Build with Google's Clang 13.0.1, updated Binutils to 2.37
    - Pulled in 5 code fixes from CAF for display driver
    - Pulled in 2 logic fixes from CAF for display driver
    - Pulled in 3 various CAF stability fixes
    - Fixed a dmesg error message with a commit from upstream Linux
    - Removed all android_fs tracing from the ext4 and f2fs filesystem drivers
    Hi All,

With a heavy heart I am stopping with development for the 9 Pro.

My reasons:
    - no kernel source update since August 2021
    - Oppo has been known to be terrible with kernel source updates, and/or posting incomplete sources
    - A12 development will be difficult if the kernel sources are non-existent or lacking

Wish all of you the best, and thank you so much for the wonderful community!

Kristof
    New kernel release!

The test team has been crazy busy, flashing sometimes 5 builds a day to pressure test, and come up with this new kernel.
    After tons of performance tests, we found that Clang (with the included optimizations) outperforms even the best GCC builds, so I'm now moving to using Clang by Google to compile the kernel.

Changelog:
    - Fixed major network error where userspace was trying to modify network settings but the kernel wasn't allowing it (this issue is also present on stock kernel)
    - Pulled in a fix from CAF to improve/lower battery drain
    - Updated Wireguard module to latest version
    - Built using Google's latest Clang (12.0.6)
    - Enabled all Clang internal optimizations (reverted a crazy CAF patch disabling them), and fixed all subsequent code errors
    - Fixed an IRQ saving issue found via lockdep (upstream)

Enjoy!