Development EOL - [KERNEL] [OOS] Omega Kernel OOS11 [September 18, 2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

r4p70r

View attachment 5378641i don't know why it's so bad.... First day with this kernel at 70% i have 2.5h of sot now with 24min of cod mobile and 20min of Whatsapp/Instagram 75%. Anyone has an idea? I have throttling enable and I do apps optimization.
LOL
I have 2.5h sot with 50% right now.
That's bad....

Screenshot_20210805-140705.jpg

BobAzzon

May 10, 2017
Pittsburgh
Well I don't know if this is real... I actually doubt it, especially since you are not sharing details how you'd achieve these figures.
Restricting some apps (without actually naming a single one) surely doesn't improve battery live by at least 400%...
Not real???....I don't touch the kernel settings, the kernel is optimized perfect. I do device things, it not hard to figure out...I didn't share my settings, because everyone uses their device different, my settings might not work for someone else. It's common sense tbh.

I'm getting fantastic results out of kernel on unlocked global op9. Flash stock back if it's terrible. This is all done for free. Maybe you have everything set up wrong.
I'm not blaming the kernel, I know very well what work is behind it, years ago I published some roms and I was wasting my days fixing bugs etc. I had installed the magisk module to disable app throttling and the battery was let's say in line with the stock rom, I wanted to do some tests by eliminating the module by running a wipe cache and do the app optimization. I was just looking for advice to understand what's going on.

Reactions: mattie_49

samwhiteUK

Jul 1, 2012
Cambridge
OnePlus 9 Pro
Not real???....I don't touch the kernel settings, the kernel is optimized perfect. I do device things, it not hard to figure out...I didn't share my settings, because everyone uses their device different, my settings might not work for someone else. It's common sense tbh.

There's no harm in sharing them of they work and you back them. There are literally no options I haven't tried, as far as I'm aware, and they don't get close to that. Those numbers are far and away better than any smartphone on test ever

Reactions: r4p70r

phr0zen

May 24, 2009
OnePlus 7 Pro
@BobAzzon do you use Naptime with FK? Trying it now and can't say I get any noticable differences, but just as you said, everyone's different. Mines rarely not being used for long periods of time unless I'm asleep. Then at which case, it's plugged in.

BobAzzon

May 10, 2017
Pittsburgh
@BobAzzon do you use Naptime with FK? Trying it now and can't say I get any noticable differences, but just as you said, everyone's different. Mines rarely not being used for long periods of time unless I'm asleep. Then at which case, it's plugged in.
No I don't use naptime or any of those mods, if have bbs you can look in wakelocks/alarms and they will actually cause wake ups....plus since marshmallow doze really eliminated the need for those apps....just restrict stuff you don't use that's how I start, it's time consuming, but I go into each app and disable data in the background usage, then I make sure the battery has that app optimized, either by the system, or manually. That's a good start.

samwhiteUK

Jul 1, 2012
Cambridge
OnePlus 9 Pro
No I don't use naptime or any of those mods, if have bbs you can look in wakelocks/alarms and they will actually cause wake ups....plus since marshmallow doze really eliminated the need for those apps....just restrict stuff you don't use that's how I start, it's time consuming, but I go into each app and disable data in the background usage, then I make sure the battery has that app optimized, either by the system, or manually. That's a good start.
Maybe you can help me - does disabling background data for an app block notifications? Or are they handled by Google Play Services? Is there any way to disable background data for ALL apps as a start, and whitelisting good ones, rather than the other way around? Thanks

kristofpetho

May 27, 2009
Zoetermeer
New release!

Changelog:
- Build with Google's Clang 13.0.1, updated Binutils to 2.37
- Pulled in 5 code fixes from CAF for display driver
- Pulled in 2 logic fixes from CAF for display driver
- Pulled in 3 various CAF stability fixes
- Fixed a dmesg error message with a commit from upstream Linux
- Removed all android_fs tracing from the ext4 and f2fs filesystem drivers

Attachments

• Omega-11.0_0807.zip
    17.8 MB · Views: 375

r4p70r

New release!

Changelog:
Thanks 😊👍

One question:
Would it be possible that you host and maintain a download config for Franco Kernel Manager?
I created one for the release from today if you want to have a example/template

That's what it would look like then.
Screenshot_20210807-145906.jpg

Screenshot_20210807-145914.jpg

Attachments

• omega-kernel-fkm.json
    504 bytes · Views: 94

BobAzzon

May 10, 2017
Pittsburgh
New release!

Changelog:
Thank you for all the work you put into this.

Reactions: kristofpetho

netgar

Jan 14, 2012
My battery life is not as good as others. Have no clue why.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210806-224553.jpg
    Screenshot_20210806-224553.jpg
    278.9 KB · Views: 130
  • Screenshot_20210806-224600.jpg
    Screenshot_20210806-224600.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 131
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Development has stopped - see my last post HERE.

Introduction

Hello everyone, this is my personal kernel for the OnePlus 9 Pro.
    My philosophy on the kernel is pretty simple, intended to replace the stock kernel, but with a lot of under-the-hood tweaks.

Hopefully you will all enjoy!

Important thread information!

I refuse to acknowledge/respond to bug reports that do not include clear steps to reproduce, a logcat, and a console ramoops (if random rebooting) or a dmesg (any other issues). Follow this guide to do this.
    Keep things civil, no flaming in the forums!

Features

• Up to date with OxygenOS 11 source
    • Compiled with Google's Clang toolchain for maximum stability, with all warnings and errors fixed
    • Compiled with Clang's cortex-a55 optimizations
    • Many tweaks under the hood for smoother UX, lower battery drain, etc.
    • Westwood as the default congestion algorithm (BBR is also available)
    • Available to flash with AnyKernel3

Latest kernel release on GitHub

LINK

Source

Omega GitHub: https://github.com/kristofpetho/kernel_oneplus_sm8350
    Omega originally sourced from: OnePlusOSS

Thanks where it's due

@pyry666 for all his help getting me logs after logs after logs. Without him this wouldn't have been possible!
    @Burt Squirtz and @crashazz3 and @TheKnux for helping to test
    Kerneltoast for his extreme patience and guidance
    osm0sis (for AnyKernel3)
    @eng.stk for finding a way to have proper hardware detection working
    New kernel release!

Changelog:
    - Pulled in patch from Google to make cpufreq stat collection less CPU-hungry (smoothness)
    - Pulled in 3 Clang/LLVM stability fixes from upstream Linux
    - Pulled in a patch for better power consumption when vibrations are enabled (from arter's source)

While this kernel works on latest 11.2.9.9, please note that OnePlus hasn't released sources yet for 11.2.9.9.

Enjoy!
    New release!

Changelog:
    Hi All,

With a heavy heart I am stopping with development for the 9 Pro.

My reasons:
    - no kernel source update since August 2021
    - Oppo has been known to be terrible with kernel source updates, and/or posting incomplete sources
    - A12 development will be difficult if the kernel sources are non-existent or lacking

Wish all of you the best, and thank you so much for the wonderful community!

Kristof
    New kernel release!

The test team has been crazy busy, flashing sometimes 5 builds a day to pressure test, and come up with this new kernel.
    After tons of performance tests, we found that Clang (with the included optimizations) outperforms even the best GCC builds, so I'm now moving to using Clang by Google to compile the kernel.

Changelog:
    - Fixed major network error where userspace was trying to modify network settings but the kernel wasn't allowing it (this issue is also present on stock kernel)
    - Pulled in a fix from CAF to improve/lower battery drain
    - Updated Wireguard module to latest version
    - Built using Google's latest Clang (12.0.6)
    - Enabled all Clang internal optimizations (reverted a crazy CAF patch disabling them), and fixed all subsequent code errors
    - Fixed an IRQ saving issue found via lockdep (upstream)

Enjoy!