Development [KERNEL] [OOS] Omega Kernel OOS11 [June 13, 2021]

Search This thread

avid_droid

• Aug 24, 2019
    Hawaii
    OnePlus 9 Pro
    The phone is new (get for 2 days) and i have make 2 reset. I dont can make always a reset for nothing.
    Let it settle. What I did when I had trouble, I restored stock kernel then reflashed Omega and everything worked as Intended. I've always gotten extremely good battery life and amazing SOT. Idle drain as mentioned a few posts back,has been far superior than stock. I also leave wifi and Bluetooth on as I never turn it off. Connected to my Samsung watch and Samsung buds. Try restoring stock kernel and reflashing Omega before you factory reset

Hot-Proton

• May 11, 2019
    Let it settle. What I did when I had trouble, I restored stock kernel then reflashed Omega and everything worked as Intended. I've always gotten extremely good battery life and amazing SOT. Idle drain as mentioned a few posts back,has been far superior than stock. I also leave wifi and Bluetooth on as I never turn it off. Connected to my Samsung watch and Samsung buds. Try restoring stock kernel and reflashing Omega before you factory reset
    For restore to stock kernel i must flash firmware new?

So, what's your idle drain then?
    I am getting around 1.5 to 2%/h
    And active drain 15%/h

PKkeys

• Apr 19, 2021
    And active drain 15%/h
    All these are a myth! Don't care about your phone for another 1 year! they are new! they will learn your usage! everyone in this world will have different battery usage. Love your phone and stop being paranoid! the only concern is "HEAT" while using your phone!

avid_droid

• Aug 24, 2019
    Hawaii
    OnePlus 9 Pro
    And active drain 15%/h
    Normally my idle drain, after an 8hr sleep,(me) I lose 2-3%. 100%-98/97% at most. Usage SOT depends on how you use your device as it varies from users. I never pay attention to battery stats often because it is all subjective and different with every user. I have never had any issues while using Omega and have been majorly impressed with performance and battery life.

Hot-Proton

• May 11, 2019
    No. You can flash boot.img from fastboot if you didnt back up your kernel through EXKM or FKM. Always make a back up in app before flashing

Yes i have make a backup and have restore it. Now i am on Stock Kernel.

Discharge it to 20% and let it charge overnight. It should settle then.
    It is possible that one of your app is preventing the phone to enter the deep sleep mode. I get about 97% of deep sleep during night.

I make it the last 2 days. Whene under 7% i charge it and whene full i disconnect. Whene i go slepp the battery have 100%. Today i woke up at 2 o'clock and there i had 97%. So from 10:30 pm to 2 am I have already lost 3%. On the first night i lost 10% in 8 houers.

kristofpetho

May 27, 2009
    Zoetermeer
    see screenshot. my config is normal. idk why i have heavy drain. Deep Slepp say 79%. i have from 2am to 3am a little play with the phone but from 10:30pm to 2am and from 3am to 7am i dont touch the phone. BT is out, Wifi, Data, NFC, GPS and AoD are on. Also i use dual sim. From 10:30pm to 2pm i have 97%.
    It's the AoD. Disable that on you'll be fine.

schmeggy929

Recognized Themer
    Apr 13, 2008
    New Jersey
    OnePlus 9 Pro
    Yes i have make a backup and have restore it. Now i am on Stock Kernel.

I make it the last 2 days. Whene under 7% i charge it and whene full i disconnect. Whene i go slepp the battery have 100%. Today i woke up at 2 o'clock and there i had 97%. So from 10:30 pm to 2 am I have already lost 3%. On the first night i lost 10% in 8 houers.
    Don't know why you think you have high drain, normal IDLE drain is 1-2% an hour. The first night you lost 10% in 8 hours.. IDLE drain is 1.25% an hour. The second night you had 3% in 3.5 hours. IDLE drain is 1.16 an hour. It is getting better. Your IDLE drain is still under 2%.

oscarmaldonado

• Mar 30, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    OnePlus 9 Pro
    Has anyone tested this with lineage os? I really love the features and performance of this kernel and lineage runs so hot so far. Also, switching to lineage solved the android auto issue as far as I can tell so far.
    It's been about 4hrs since I installed Omega and so far I haven't noticed anything not working properly, Bluetooth,wifi, etc. Give it a try bud.

EDIT...FP not working, I was expecting that, but in my case I never use FP.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210610-101646_Settings.png
      Screenshot_20210610-101646_Settings.png
      207.8 KB · Views: 48
    Last edited:
    Reactions: Samuel Holland
    Normally my idle drain, after an 8hr sleep,(me) I lose 2-3%. 100%-98/97% at most. Usage SOT depends on how you use your device as it varies from users. I never pay attention to battery stats often because it is all subjective and different with every user. I have never had any issues while using Omega and have been majorly impressed with performance and battery life.

Yeah, the Kernel is great. No question.

Hot-Proton

• May 11, 2019
    I have make now a new battery test with Stock Kernel. I lost 6% over night from 10:30pm to 6:45am with Wifi and Mobile on. AoD i have disabled. Its a little better but not perfectl.

Screenshot_20210611-065412.jpgScreenshot_20210611-065404.jpgScreenshot_20210611-065358.jpgScreenshot_20210611-065342.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      New kernel release!

This is a huge one in terms of stability and smoothness.

Changelog:
      - GCC LTO implemented
      - GCC O3 optimization (together with LTO results in significant improvement of hackbench scores)
      - Wireguard added
      - Anykernel 3 updated
      - Critical and stability fixes from CAF
      - More code fixes based on GCC's diagnostics
      - Significant improvement to ZRAM speed

Enjoy!
      New kernel release!

The test team has been crazy busy, flashing sometimes 5 builds a day to pressure test, and come up with this new kernel.
      After tons of performance tests, we found that Clang (with the included optimizations) outperforms even the best GCC builds, so I'm now moving to using Clang by Google to compile the kernel.

Changelog:
      - Fixed major network error where userspace was trying to modify network settings but the kernel wasn't allowing it (this issue is also present on stock kernel)
      - Pulled in a fix from CAF to improve/lower battery drain
      - Updated Wireguard module to latest version
      - Built using Google's latest Clang (12.0.6)
      - Enabled all Clang internal optimizations (reverted a crazy CAF patch disabling them), and fixed all subsequent code errors
      - Fixed an IRQ saving issue found via lockdep (upstream)

Enjoy!
      New kernel release!

Changelog:
      - Built using Google's Clang
      - O3 optimization, ThinLTO, SCS, CFI all enabled (like stock)
      - Uses modules from userspace for maximum stability
      - Fixed thermal throttling issues
      - Fixed Warp Wireless charging issues

Thanks to @Walhalla for helping to test Warp Wireless charging!

Enjoy!
      New kernel release!

After extensive testing, the team has found that the GCC-compiled kernel performs much better across all benchmarks (between 10-20% better). So kernel will be compiled with GCC moving forward.
      Also, GCC + O3 produced faster binaries than GCC + LTO + O3, so I will also move forward with GCC + O3 (without LTO).

The Warp Wireless charging and thermal throttling issue came from the fact that I built all kernel modules inline and was not relying on userspace to provide modules - this has now been fixed (thanks to @Walhalla for the testing!), so we can now enjoy the benefits of having all tweaks and optimizations of all the modules.
      With this kernel, during Warp Wired Charging and screen on, battery temp does not go above 37 C.

Changelog:
      - Compiled again with GCC, without LTO
      - O3 optimization enabled for all warnings/errors fixed
      - Fixed charge throttling as well as thermal throttling during charging

Enjoy!!!

BTW I do believe everything is now 100% fully functional in the kernel, but if anyone experiences anything, please let me know!

NOTE: If you use any weird Magisk Modules, you are on your own. Some of the modules really try to alter the way the system works and interferes with normal operations of the kernel and userspace.
      For the first time with 1+ 9 pro, on 0529, I experienced overheating while charging by cable.

View attachment 5326069
      Seriously. This is not aimed at you, but in general to people complaining of "overheating" and other weird errors.

1. Please use common sense. The temp says 38.7 C. That it not overheating. Below 40 C while wired charging with 65W is completely normal. When your teamps go above 50 C, then complain.
      2. I just drove in the car with GPS on, high brightness, my phone is in a black Spigen case and it was in direct sunlight for 15 minutes. Absolutely no issue with overheating.
      3. The ONLY report I will accept that anyone's phone overheats is if I get a screenshot of the system dialog telling you your phone is overheating. Oneplus has a built-in mechanism to properly monitor battery and system temps. Rely on that, not some third party app which is most likely not even compatible with our phones.
      4. Most apps out there are not equipped for the dual battery setup of the 9 Pro. Stop using these. Or if you don't stop using these, at least don't say it's overheating when it is clearly not.
      5. I never have overheating issues. I only use Magisk, and Magisk Hide. I see a lot of people throw tons of modules on their phones. Especially that Oneplus Dialer + Messages module. That specific module creates tons of constant errors in logcat. There is only so much I can do with the kernel, people will need to start to actually think, and not complain...
      6. In fact I never have ANY issues with my 9 Pro. It's a great phone and clear step up from the 8 Pro. I just don't install crazy ass apps like most users do...

End of rant. Apologies to all of you who are enjoying the kernel and not running into issues and using common sense.
      Introduction

Hello everyone, this is my personal kernel for the OnePlus 9 Pro.
      My philosophy on the kernel is pretty simple, intended to replace the stock kernel, but with a lot of under-the-hood tweaks.

Hopefully you will all enjoy!

Important thread information!

I refuse to acknowledge/respond to bug reports that do not include clear steps to reproduce, a logcat, and a console ramoops (if random rebooting) or a dmesg (any other issues). Follow this guide to do this.
      Keep things civil, no flaming in the forums!

Features

• Up to date with OxygenOS 11 source
      • Compiled with Google's Clang toolchain for maximum stability, with all warnings and errors fixed
      • Compiled with Clang's cortex-a55 optimizations
      • Many tweaks under the hood for smoother UX, lower battery drain, etc.
      • BBR as the default congestion algorithm
      • Available to flash with AnyKernel3

Latest kernel release on GitHub

LINK

Source

Omega GitHub: https://github.com/kristofpetho/kernel_oneplus_sm8350
      Omega originally sourced from: OnePlusOSS

Thanks where it's due

@pyry666 for all his help getting me logs after logs after logs. Without him this wouldn't have been possible!
      @Burt Squirtz and @crashazz3 and @TheKnux for helping to test
      Kerneltoast for his extreme patience and guidance
      osm0sis (for AnyKernel3)
      @eng.stk for finding a way to have proper hardware detection working
      New kernel release!

This is a huge one in terms of stability and smoothness.

Changelog:
      - GCC LTO implemented
      - GCC O3 optimization (together with LTO results in significant improvement of hackbench scores)
      - Wireguard added
      - Anykernel 3 updated
      - Critical and stability fixes from CAF
      - More code fixes based on GCC's diagnostics
      - Significant improvement to ZRAM speed

Enjoy!
      New kernel release!

The test team has been crazy busy, flashing sometimes 5 builds a day to pressure test, and come up with this new kernel.
      After tons of performance tests, we found that Clang (with the included optimizations) outperforms even the best GCC builds, so I'm now moving to using Clang by Google to compile the kernel.

Changelog:
      - Fixed major network error where userspace was trying to modify network settings but the kernel wasn't allowing it (this issue is also present on stock kernel)
      - Pulled in a fix from CAF to improve/lower battery drain
      - Updated Wireguard module to latest version
      - Built using Google's latest Clang (12.0.6)
      - Enabled all Clang internal optimizations (reverted a crazy CAF patch disabling them), and fixed all subsequent code errors
      - Fixed an IRQ saving issue found via lockdep (upstream)

Enjoy!
      New kernel release!

Changelog:
      - Built using Google's Clang
      - O3 optimization, ThinLTO, SCS, CFI all enabled (like stock)
      - Uses modules from userspace for maximum stability
      - Fixed thermal throttling issues
      - Fixed Warp Wireless charging issues

Thanks to @Walhalla for helping to test Warp Wireless charging!

Enjoy!
      New kernel release!

Changelog:
      • Updated to latest OOS sources for 11.2.5.5
      • Updated GCC toolchain to 11.1.0, and fixes all new code warnings
      • Disabled some unnecessary tools in the kernel that are not needed for Android
      • Remove all debugging from the WLAN driver
      • Remove all debugging from the Camera driver
      • Pull in 2 scheduler fixes from CAF for load balancing
      • Disable hardware intergrity checking driver that polled the hardware every 5 seconds for errors
      This is a big one, enjoy!

And happy birthday @avid_droid!
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone