• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [KERNEL] [OOS] Omega Kernel OOS11 [September 18, 2021]

Search This thread

avid_droid

Aug 24, 2019
Maui,Hawaii
OnePlus 9
OK. So this will be difficult... :)
1. Fix camera issues
2. Still keep the device cool

That being said - since I didn't have any camera issues, I'll need everyone's help here.

Attached is a test build.
- Please check for potential camera issues (especially those who experienced it before)
- Please check for device tempretaures

Thank you all for the help!
I will test and see if temperature changes. I have no camera issues thus far. Downloading and will report back soon. Thank you

Reactions: PKkeys

avid_droid

Aug 24, 2019
Maui,Hawaii
OnePlus 9
1.Camera fully functional,as I've never had issues.
2. Heat is subjective when having either FHD or QHD on. FHD draws less power than QHD which cause less heat and power consumption from battery. QHD produces more heat as it draws more power from battery resulting in more heat.

My mistake earlier when leaving QHD on and having heat issues. Placed back to FHD and no more heat.

kristofpetho

May 27, 2009
Zoetermeer
Everyone, once and for all:

I will not implement wakelock blockers into the kernel. Wakelocks are there for a reason. If you do have wakelocks keeping your phone awake, then figure out what that wakelock is and why it's there, and fix it. 99.99% of the time it's one (or more) of your apps acting up. Either don't use that app (because it's coded badly), or update it to a latest version.
Same thing goes for apps like Naptime, Universal Doze, etc. Don't use these. They do much more harm than good. Android, since version 9, is very intelligent about doze, wakeups, etc. If you put your phone down at night, and you have no crazy apps on your phone, awake-screen-off should not make up more than 4-5% of the total phone time. If it's higher than 10% you need to do some digging and find out which app is misbehaving.

avid_droid

Aug 24, 2019
Maui,Hawaii
OnePlus 9
Everyone, once and for all:

I will not implement wakelock blockers into the kernel. Wakelocks are there for a reason. If you do have wakelocks keeping your phone awake, then figure out what that wakelock is and why it's there, and fix it. 99.99% of the time it's one (or more) of your apps acting up. Either don't use that app (because it's coded badly), or update it to a latest version.
Same thing goes for apps like Naptime, Universal Doze, etc. Don't use these. They do much more harm than good. Android, since version 9, is very intelligent about doze, wakeups, etc. If you put your phone down at night, and you have no crazy apps on your phone, awake-screen-off should not make up more than 4-5% of the total phone time. If it's higher than 10% you need to do some digging and find out which app is misbehaving.
Agree 100%. Stopped using gmsdoze after about the first hour I had it installed. Thanks for your work

Reactions: kristofpetho

reffu

Feb 11, 2008
OnePlus 9
Out of curiousity, what makes it not work on the standard OP9? I see one commit (titled: "hardcode for 9 Pro hardware") that seems specific to the Pro, but most of the others (that I can decipher) seem like they'd work on either device.

Flying Fox

Dec 21, 2010
Vienna
OnePlus 9 Pro
To further get to bottom of the issues:

To anybody who had the camera issues: can you please list here ALL of the Magisk modules you are using?

Thank you
Just for information, here NO issues, everything fine.
My Magisk modules:
Ainur Narsil, Audio Modification Library, Viper4AndroidFX, CyperPunk OnePlus Bootanimation and Systemless Hosts...
At least these modules don´t seem to cause camera issues. (btw, didn´t update to the test versions).

Ben19799

Nov 11, 2018
To further get to bottom of the issues:

To anybody who had the camera issues: can you please list here ALL of the Magisk modules you are using?

Thank you
I had issue with camera app freezing with black screen in photo mode. (video mode was ok). Updating to the 0517 build resolved the issue.
Magisk module: Debloater, Font Manager, Oneplus Dialer Contact & Messages, Riru, Riru - Clipboard Whitelist, Riru - EdXposed, Systemless Hosts.
EdXposed: AFWall+, Gravity Box (R), WA Tweaker

Levi4cyber

Apr 26, 2018
OnePlus 9 Pro
Sorry for asking a newb question.

How do I Flash this kernel from my phone?

I have downloaded Smart Pack kernel manager but I get this error when flashing.
Screenshot_20210519-143853.jpg

Thanks.

Last edited:

terlynn4

Aug 18, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Nexus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
I have installed BusyBox still get this error.

What do you mean require a specific version?

The app may be designed to work with a particular release version of busybox. Looks like that dev has his own busybox installer in the play store (here), so you might try that. Otherwise, I don't know. I use exkm and I've never had any issues.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New kernel release!

Changelog:
    - Pulled in patch from Google to make cpufreq stat collection less CPU-hungry (smoothness)
    - Pulled in 3 Clang/LLVM stability fixes from upstream Linux
    - Pulled in a patch for better power consumption when vibrations are enabled (from arter's source)

While this kernel works on latest 11.2.9.9, please note that OnePlus hasn't released sources yet for 11.2.9.9.

Enjoy!
    Working great on the newest oxygen.
    I wondering this KERNEL can resolve the heating and battery drain issue?
    It has definitely helped with my OnePlus 9. It'd overheat just using WhatsApp, YouTube or browsing with chrome or edge. I haven't overheated once since installing Omega kernel
    But we can still use the kernel with the new update right?
    No problem here....
    Will this kernel be updated to 11.2.9.9?
    If they would update sources...
    Introduction

Hello everyone, this is my personal kernel for the OnePlus 9 Pro.
    My philosophy on the kernel is pretty simple, intended to replace the stock kernel, but with a lot of under-the-hood tweaks.

Hopefully you will all enjoy!

Important thread information!

I refuse to acknowledge/respond to bug reports that do not include clear steps to reproduce, a logcat, and a console ramoops (if random rebooting) or a dmesg (any other issues). Follow this guide to do this.
    Keep things civil, no flaming in the forums!

Features

• Up to date with OxygenOS 11 source
    • Compiled with Google's Clang toolchain for maximum stability, with all warnings and errors fixed
    • Compiled with Clang's cortex-a55 optimizations
    • Many tweaks under the hood for smoother UX, lower battery drain, etc.
    • Westwood as the default congestion algorithm (BBR is also available)
    • Available to flash with AnyKernel3

Latest kernel release on GitHub

LINK

Source

Omega GitHub: https://github.com/kristofpetho/kernel_oneplus_sm8350
    Omega originally sourced from: OnePlusOSS

Thanks where it's due

@pyry666 for all his help getting me logs after logs after logs. Without him this wouldn't have been possible!
    @Burt Squirtz and @crashazz3 and @TheKnux for helping to test
    Kerneltoast for his extreme patience and guidance
    osm0sis (for AnyKernel3)
    @eng.stk for finding a way to have proper hardware detection working
    New kernel release!

Changelog:
    - Pulled in patch from Google to make cpufreq stat collection less CPU-hungry (smoothness)
    - Pulled in 3 Clang/LLVM stability fixes from upstream Linux
    - Pulled in a patch for better power consumption when vibrations are enabled (from arter's source)

While this kernel works on latest 11.2.9.9, please note that OnePlus hasn't released sources yet for 11.2.9.9.

Enjoy!
    New release!

Changelog:
    - Build with Google's Clang 13.0.1, updated Binutils to 2.37
    - Pulled in 5 code fixes from CAF for display driver
    - Pulled in 2 logic fixes from CAF for display driver
    - Pulled in 3 various CAF stability fixes
    - Fixed a dmesg error message with a commit from upstream Linux
    - Removed all android_fs tracing from the ext4 and f2fs filesystem drivers
    New kernel release!

This is a huge one in terms of stability and smoothness.

Changelog:
    - GCC LTO implemented
    - GCC O3 optimization (together with LTO results in significant improvement of hackbench scores)
    - Wireguard added
    - Anykernel 3 updated
    - Critical and stability fixes from CAF
    - More code fixes based on GCC's diagnostics
    - Significant improvement to ZRAM speed

Enjoy!
    New kernel release!

The test team has been crazy busy, flashing sometimes 5 builds a day to pressure test, and come up with this new kernel.
    After tons of performance tests, we found that Clang (with the included optimizations) outperforms even the best GCC builds, so I'm now moving to using Clang by Google to compile the kernel.

Changelog:
    - Fixed major network error where userspace was trying to modify network settings but the kernel wasn't allowing it (this issue is also present on stock kernel)
    - Pulled in a fix from CAF to improve/lower battery drain
    - Updated Wireguard module to latest version
    - Built using Google's latest Clang (12.0.6)
    - Enabled all Clang internal optimizations (reverted a crazy CAF patch disabling them), and fixed all subsequent code errors
    - Fixed an IRQ saving issue found via lockdep (upstream)

Enjoy!