• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [KERNEL] [OOS] Omega Kernel OOS11 [September 18, 2021]

Search This thread

avid_droid

Aug 24, 2019
Maui,Hawaii
OnePlus 9
Yeah I've been following the commits on github and I'm very impressed with the amount of effort going in.
This dude is a beast on this kernel. Super nice guy I may add. His work will be dominant on this device on OOS I feel. For me to say I like it takes a lot. If you know my history,then you'd understand. This man is awesome at what he does PERIOD

dkcats3

Sep 13, 2013
OnePlus 9 Pro
@dkcats3 , look at it this way. I'm a flashaholic and there are 2 ROMs out. I refuse to flash em because if my phone just works with what's provided and a kernel that sorts onepluses messes out,I'm all in!
I feel exactly the same. Although I'm really hoping the AOSP or Aurora based ROMs fix the android auto issue I've been dealing with. Not sure if its a kernel issue but it's present on stock and omega. It's the one thing keeping this phone from being perfect for me.

dkcats3

Sep 13, 2013
OnePlus 9 Pro
What issue are you seeing with Android Auto?
Continuously disconnecting and reconnecting when I first plug it into my car. Like the phone just keeps vibrating a single buzz and the screen will flash as if it's loading AA, and then itll repeat. Randomly it will decide to connect after some random amount of these initialize loops, but sometimes I have better odds if I reboot the phone.

Once it connects though, it stays connected and has no issues.
Its 100% not a cable issue because I know everyone will immediately jump on me about that lol.

It's very annoying as it adds a lot of time to the beginning of my drives as I desperately try to get it to connect properly.

Reactions: PhoenixPath

dkcats3

Sep 13, 2013
OnePlus 9 Pro
Unrelated to my previous post, does anyone know if I will see any dramatic difference in battery or performance if I change the governor from msm_adreno_tz to simple_ondemand? I dont really play games, I just want to maximize batter life and maintain my 120hz smoothness in normal usage

kristofpetho

May 27, 2009
Zoetermeer
Continuously disconnecting and reconnecting when I first plug it into my car. Like the phone just keeps vibrating a single buzz and the screen will flash as if it's loading AA, and then itll repeat. Randomly it will decide to connect after some random amount of these initialize loops, but sometimes I have better odds if I reboot the phone.

Once it connects though, it stays connected and has no issues.
Its 100% not a cable issue because I know everyone will immediately jump on me about that lol.

It's very annoying as it adds a lot of time to the beginning of my drives as I desperately try to get it to connect properly.
Please grab a dmesg the next time this happens, I'll take a look if anything can be done kernel-side.

PhoenixPath

Can confirm the Android Auto issue. Seems to be somewhat vehicle dependent, but just with the 9 Pro. On my car, it works flawlessly. In my wife's car, it loops constantly and every other phone works fine, regardless of cable. Truly annoying.

If it helps, apparently setting the device to "File Transfer" or "PTP" in Dev Options has seemed to help some folks; hopefully that'll help point in the right direction if any kernel-provided solution is possible.

FWIW: This AA issue is an issue with Stock O+OS, not an issue specific to your kernel - just in case anyone is confused on that point.

netgar

Jan 14, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro
Maybe I am doing something wrong or really don't know but ..... I am on latest kernel and OS update but my battery life is not as good as other reports. I don't think this is kernel related problem.
Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210607-222013.jpg
    Screenshot_20210607-222013.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 78

dkcats3

Sep 13, 2013
OnePlus 9 Pro
Can confirm the Android Auto issue. Seems to be somewhat vehicle dependent, but just with the 9 Pro. On my car, it works flawlessly. In my wife's car, it loops constantly and every other phone works fine, regardless of cable. Truly annoying.

If it helps, apparently setting the device to "File Transfer" or "PTP" in Dev Options has seemed to help some folks; hopefully that'll help point in the right direction if any kernel-provided solution is possible.

FWIW: This AA issue is an issue with Stock O+OS, not an issue specific to your kernel - just in case anyone is confused on that point.
I'm not ruling out kernel as a possibility. It's worth having him take a look. Just because its on omega and oxygen doesnt mean anything, omega is still based on oneplus's kernel. It's possible its an Oxygen issue and he might find the fix. I think it has something to do with initializing USB gadgets

MrSteelX

Jan 24, 2013
OnePlus 9
it does work for oneplus 9

Releases

June 2
- download HERE
- Disable watermark boosting for significantly lower CPU usage during day-to-day use
- Further tweaks to memory management
- Removed USB webcam drivers
- Updated with OOS 11.2.6.6 kernel sources
- Fixed hardware detection algorhythm (kernel should now work on both the 9 and 9 Pro)

find this at second post.

salimifran

Mar 31, 2021
Introduction

Hello everyone, this is my personal kernel for the OnePlus 9 Pro.
My philosophy on the kernel is pretty simple, intended to replace the stock kernel, but with a lot of under-the-hood tweaks.

Hopefully you will all enjoy!

Important thread information!

I refuse to acknowledge/respond to bug reports that do not include clear steps to reproduce, a logcat, and a console ramoops (if random rebooting) or a dmesg (any other issues). Follow this guide to do this.
Keep things civil, no flaming in the forums!

Features

• Up to date with OxygenOS 11 source
  • Compiled with GNU GCC 11.1.0 toolchain for maximum stability, with all warnings and errors fixed
  • Compiled with GCC's cortex-a55 optimizations
  • Many tweaks under the hood for smoother UX, lower battery drain, etc.
  • BBR as the default congestion algorithm
  • Available to flash with AnyKernel3

Latest kernel release on GitHub

LINK

Source

Omega GitHub: https://github.com/kristofpetho/kernel_oneplus_sm8350
Omega originally sourced from: OnePlusOSS

Thanks where it's due

@pyry666 for all his help getting me logs after logs after logs. Without him this wouldn't have been possible!
@Burt Squirtz and @crashazz3 and @TheKnux for helping to test
Kerneltoast for his extreme patience and guidance
osm0sis (for AnyKernel3)
@eng.stk for finding a way to have proper hardware detection working
Thank you. was waiting :)

dkcats3

Sep 13, 2013
OnePlus 9 Pro
Has anyone tested this with lineage os? I really love the features and performance of this kernel and lineage runs so hot so far. Also, switching to lineage solved the android auto issue as far as I can tell so far.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New kernel release!

Changelog:
    - Pulled in patch from Google to make cpufreq stat collection less CPU-hungry (smoothness)
    - Pulled in 3 Clang/LLVM stability fixes from upstream Linux
    - Pulled in a patch for better power consumption when vibrations are enabled (from arter's source)

While this kernel works on latest 11.2.9.9, please note that OnePlus hasn't released sources yet for 11.2.9.9.

Enjoy!
    Working great on the newest oxygen.
    But we can still use the kernel with the new update right?
    No problem here....
    I have had same issues recently. I dont think its kernel related but hw related. At first my suspect was my case but after removing it I noticed that power button it self is very sensitive, mushy and not clicky at all as it was when new. Vol buttons are still clicky as ever before. Support told me to visit service center AND didnt know if warranty covers it. And i am not too keen atm to drive 200km together just to find out
    I believe it is hardware related. I have watched the kernel log and it's recognising a single press as two. So while it's in all likelihood caused by hardware, it can be masked by software by just ignoring button events that are unreasonably close. :)
    Not true. I never uninstall magisk and I install OOS updates over omega kernel.
    Yes when updating using a FULL OTA. When was the last time a FULL OTA was on time and not a month or two late. You can not take an incremental update on Omega or any custom kernel. It will fail.
    Introduction

Hello everyone, this is my personal kernel for the OnePlus 9 Pro.
    My philosophy on the kernel is pretty simple, intended to replace the stock kernel, but with a lot of under-the-hood tweaks.

Hopefully you will all enjoy!

Important thread information!

I refuse to acknowledge/respond to bug reports that do not include clear steps to reproduce, a logcat, and a console ramoops (if random rebooting) or a dmesg (any other issues). Follow this guide to do this.
    Keep things civil, no flaming in the forums!

Features

• Up to date with OxygenOS 11 source
    • Compiled with Google's Clang toolchain for maximum stability, with all warnings and errors fixed
    • Compiled with Clang's cortex-a55 optimizations
    • Many tweaks under the hood for smoother UX, lower battery drain, etc.
    • Westwood as the default congestion algorithm (BBR is also available)
    • Available to flash with AnyKernel3

Latest kernel release on GitHub

LINK

Source

Omega GitHub: https://github.com/kristofpetho/kernel_oneplus_sm8350
    Omega originally sourced from: OnePlusOSS

Thanks where it's due

@pyry666 for all his help getting me logs after logs after logs. Without him this wouldn't have been possible!
    @Burt Squirtz and @crashazz3 and @TheKnux for helping to test
    Kerneltoast for his extreme patience and guidance
    osm0sis (for AnyKernel3)
    @eng.stk for finding a way to have proper hardware detection working
    New kernel release!

Changelog:
    - Pulled in patch from Google to make cpufreq stat collection less CPU-hungry (smoothness)
    - Pulled in 3 Clang/LLVM stability fixes from upstream Linux
    - Pulled in a patch for better power consumption when vibrations are enabled (from arter's source)

While this kernel works on latest 11.2.9.9, please note that OnePlus hasn't released sources yet for 11.2.9.9.

Enjoy!
    New release!

Changelog:
    - Build with Google's Clang 13.0.1, updated Binutils to 2.37
    - Pulled in 5 code fixes from CAF for display driver
    - Pulled in 2 logic fixes from CAF for display driver
    - Pulled in 3 various CAF stability fixes
    - Fixed a dmesg error message with a commit from upstream Linux
    - Removed all android_fs tracing from the ext4 and f2fs filesystem drivers
    New kernel release!

This is a huge one in terms of stability and smoothness.

Changelog:
    - GCC LTO implemented
    - GCC O3 optimization (together with LTO results in significant improvement of hackbench scores)
    - Wireguard added
    - Anykernel 3 updated
    - Critical and stability fixes from CAF
    - More code fixes based on GCC's diagnostics
    - Significant improvement to ZRAM speed

Enjoy!
    New kernel release!

The test team has been crazy busy, flashing sometimes 5 builds a day to pressure test, and come up with this new kernel.
    After tons of performance tests, we found that Clang (with the included optimizations) outperforms even the best GCC builds, so I'm now moving to using Clang by Google to compile the kernel.

Changelog:
    - Fixed major network error where userspace was trying to modify network settings but the kernel wasn't allowing it (this issue is also present on stock kernel)
    - Pulled in a fix from CAF to improve/lower battery drain
    - Updated Wireguard module to latest version
    - Built using Google's latest Clang (12.0.6)
    - Enabled all Clang internal optimizations (reverted a crazy CAF patch disabling them), and fixed all subsequent code errors
    - Fixed an IRQ saving issue found via lockdep (upstream)

Enjoy!