• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [KERNEL] [OOS] Omega Kernel OOS11 [September 18, 2021]

Search This thread

AwkwardUberHero

I see. When you root (using the stickied method), you're installing a custom boot image. That's exactly what you're doing here as well (just using a different method - a kernel flasher rather than ADB)! That's why you can use the same instructions to flash back - in order to take an OTA, your boot image must be standard! :)
Thanks for clarifying. Someone on here in another thread had mentioned you can take an it's with a modified boot image, which made me want to double check here first.

Glad to know this. I'll give it a try later today!!! Thanks again.

schmeggy929

Recognized Themer
Apr 13, 2008
New Jersey
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi, not sure if this is an issue with the kernel or an Oos issue but I can't seem to get the emergency call button to disable from the power options menus. I disabled it under emergency rescue but when I hold the power button it still shows up as the first option. I am assuming it's a Oos issue.
Diasble the Module OOS hack, and download the updated one. You will have to look in that thread.

Bunecarera

Mar 4, 2008
OnePlus 9 Pro
Thanks for clarifying. Someone on here in another thread had mentioned you can take an it's with a modified boot image, which made me want to double check here first.

Glad to know this. I'll give it a try later today!!! Thanks again.

To clarify :
Taking an OTA or updating is not the same...
You can update with a modified boot image.
Just another method via OxygenOS Updater app. You need to download the full Zip and install locally.

tathagatab

Dec 31, 2014
Kolkata
OnePlus 9 Pro
To clarify :
Taking an OTA or updating is not the same...
You can update with a modified boot image.
Just another method via OxygenOS Updater app. You need to download the full Zip and install locally.
Not quite. You don't need to do it offline. OTA update works fine with modified boot.img, but the full zip will get downloaded and applied. And you can keep root by reinstalling Magisk in the inactive slot before the reboot.

Bunecarera

Mar 4, 2008
OnePlus 9 Pro
Not quite. You don't need to do it offline. OTA update works fine with modified boot.img, but the full zip will get downloaded and applied. And you can keep root by reinstalling Magisk in the inactive slot before the reboot.
Yeah, ok. That's the same thing.
I meant, the updating process with a modified boot image is not the same as without one. Not as straight forward or "easy"

ooemir

Jul 22, 2012
Istanbul
Wifi'yi devre dışı bırakana kadar bazen aramaları ve metinleri alamamama ve wifi'ye bağlıyken arama yaptığımda veya arama yaptığımda beni duyamadıkları bir sorun yaşıyorum. Ağ ayarlarımda volte veya vowifi seçeneği yok ve aramalarda sadece "HD" sembolünü görüntülüyor. Ağ bağdaştırıcılarını sıfırlamayı zaten denedim
You fix this problem. Because i have this problem

r4p70r

I wondering this KERNEL can resolve the heating and battery drain issue?
Just to a degree. Better than stock in any case.
I find it still gets too warm for just browsing, YouTube and chatting (my main use). And sot is still ridiculously low. I usually don't get over 4 hours. None of the apps in the usage statistics have a noticeably high consumption.

sunny1689gupta

May 30, 2016
Google Pixel 2 XL
OnePlus 9 Pro
Guys, I m really irritated with one problem. I have latest os and Omega kernel installed. I play a specific game a lot ( Dragonball Legends) and it used to be in memory much more while multi tasking. However, I don't know what's happening now. Since a week, I can never see this app in memory. Whenever I switch to some other app like Twitter or whatsapp and come back, the app reloads. A call coming. Again app reloads. I am irritated since this phone was an expensive buy for me.

Can anyone pls give me an idea on how to force this app in memory or how to improve ram management. I have used don't optimise for this app,still doesn't work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think that sentiment is a bit extreme, man. I also used to test Omega, and never took it to heart when things, as they do eventually, slowed down and eventually stopped for the 6t.

KTP is stability focused and doesn't tend to push release after release just for the sake of doing it. Omega is always a good stable kernel for that exact reason.

A guy that has a full time day job, who happens to understand more than most peeps about kernels, makes his own, then shares it with the community, gratis with no expectations is not on the hook to dash titty sprinkles on the kernel and re-release it constantly. If he was asking for $$ (which he does not) or something in return (which he does not) it would be different.

Of course, you can choose to not use Omega as well, if you feel there's something better or are super committed to the Cartman mantra of [screw you guys, I'm going home], that, much like installing Omega in the first place, is your choice.

Let's not act like the dev owes anyone anything, bc he doesn't owe us anything whatsoever. We are the privileged in the equation.
    There has been no source update for the device since 11.2.8.8...
    I'm waiting for updated sources, and dont want to break anything in the meantime.
    I think that sentiment is a bit extreme, man. I also used to test Omega, and never took it to heart when things, as they do eventually, slowed down and eventually stopped for the 6t.

KTP is stability focused and doesn't tend to push release after release just for the sake of doing it. Omega is always a good stable kernel for that exact reason.

A guy that has a full time day job, who happens to understand more than most peeps about kernels, makes his own, then shares it with the community, gratis with no expectations is not on the hook to dash titty sprinkles on the kernel and re-release it constantly. If he was asking for $$ (which he does not) or something in return (which he does not) it would be different.

Of course, you can choose to not use Omega as well, if you feel there's something better or are super committed to the Cartman mantra of [screw you guys, I'm going home], that, much like installing Omega in the first place, is your choice.

Let's not act like the dev owes anyone anything, bc he doesn't owe us anything whatsoever. We are the privileged in the equation.
    I just recently flashed this kernel again because I was running stock kernel but omega is really cpu hungry in your last update it said less cpu hungry while overnight it eats like 20% away when the screen is on you can spend like 5 to 6 hours on the screen but not even last a day on lock screen where you can spend like 2 or 3 tops then your phone dies

Stock kernel seems not to be cpu hungry
    lol this kernel is anything but cpu hungry. once again need to point out that idle/active drain is directly related to what apps you use and how you use your phone, not the kernel, especially this one that is the polar opposite of cpu hungry
    Sorry about my comment @kristofpetho . Your work is still amazing. I apologize to everyone here on the forum for my stupid comments. No more from me. Sorry and thank you
    at first when I read your post I was thinking no way it's been abandoned, but then I looked at github and there has been no new commits since 9/17 (the last update he released) so I'm not sure now. perhaps he's just busy with other things? either way I hope it's not.

Willing to bet if @kristofpetho was stopping, he would have said so. Sometimes, there isn't anything to update.
    I imagine until source is out for a12, there probably won't be any big changes needed. Only my guess, though. ;). Thank you for what you do @kristofpetho !!
    Introduction

Hello everyone, this is my personal kernel for the OnePlus 9 Pro.
    My philosophy on the kernel is pretty simple, intended to replace the stock kernel, but with a lot of under-the-hood tweaks.

Hopefully you will all enjoy!

Important thread information!

I refuse to acknowledge/respond to bug reports that do not include clear steps to reproduce, a logcat, and a console ramoops (if random rebooting) or a dmesg (any other issues). Follow this guide to do this.
    Keep things civil, no flaming in the forums!

Features

• Up to date with OxygenOS 11 source
    • Compiled with Google's Clang toolchain for maximum stability, with all warnings and errors fixed
    • Compiled with Clang's cortex-a55 optimizations
    • Many tweaks under the hood for smoother UX, lower battery drain, etc.
    • Westwood as the default congestion algorithm (BBR is also available)
    • Available to flash with AnyKernel3

Latest kernel release on GitHub

LINK

Source

Omega GitHub: https://github.com/kristofpetho/kernel_oneplus_sm8350
    Omega originally sourced from: OnePlusOSS

Thanks where it's due

@pyry666 for all his help getting me logs after logs after logs. Without him this wouldn't have been possible!
    @Burt Squirtz and @crashazz3 and @TheKnux for helping to test
    Kerneltoast for his extreme patience and guidance
    osm0sis (for AnyKernel3)
    @eng.stk for finding a way to have proper hardware detection working
    New kernel release!

Changelog:
    - Pulled in patch from Google to make cpufreq stat collection less CPU-hungry (smoothness)
    - Pulled in 3 Clang/LLVM stability fixes from upstream Linux
    - Pulled in a patch for better power consumption when vibrations are enabled (from arter's source)

While this kernel works on latest 11.2.9.9, please note that OnePlus hasn't released sources yet for 11.2.9.9.

Enjoy!
    New release!

Changelog:
    - Build with Google's Clang 13.0.1, updated Binutils to 2.37
    - Pulled in 5 code fixes from CAF for display driver
    - Pulled in 2 logic fixes from CAF for display driver
    - Pulled in 3 various CAF stability fixes
    - Fixed a dmesg error message with a commit from upstream Linux
    - Removed all android_fs tracing from the ext4 and f2fs filesystem drivers
    New kernel release!

This is a huge one in terms of stability and smoothness.

Changelog:
    - GCC LTO implemented
    - GCC O3 optimization (together with LTO results in significant improvement of hackbench scores)
    - Wireguard added
    - Anykernel 3 updated
    - Critical and stability fixes from CAF
    - More code fixes based on GCC's diagnostics
    - Significant improvement to ZRAM speed

Enjoy!
    New kernel release!

The test team has been crazy busy, flashing sometimes 5 builds a day to pressure test, and come up with this new kernel.
    After tons of performance tests, we found that Clang (with the included optimizations) outperforms even the best GCC builds, so I'm now moving to using Clang by Google to compile the kernel.

Changelog:
    - Fixed major network error where userspace was trying to modify network settings but the kernel wasn't allowing it (this issue is also present on stock kernel)
    - Pulled in a fix from CAF to improve/lower battery drain
    - Updated Wireguard module to latest version
    - Built using Google's latest Clang (12.0.6)
    - Enabled all Clang internal optimizations (reverted a crazy CAF patch disabling them), and fixed all subsequent code errors
    - Fixed an IRQ saving issue found via lockdep (upstream)

Enjoy!