Development EOL - [KERNEL] [OOS] Omega Kernel OOS11 [September 18, 2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mgear356

Jun 13, 2008
Hmm ever since the official merger with oppo, oneplus seems like slacking in updating the oos kernel sources

.DeluXer

Aug 1, 2021
OnePlus 9 Pro
Kernel is running flawless. Config URL for FKM would be great for Update notifications.

Can anyone tell me a noticeable difference to bluspark Kernel?

PKkeys

Apr 19, 2021
I, too, would love to hear from anyone who has used both. I think people in this thread *may* be biased towards Omega though
I have used both, here are my views!

BLU SPARK - FLawless, but slightly gets warm during normal usage (browsing, Spotify, and youtube videos (WIFI) ); Gaming experience - Top notch!

Omega - Best for day-to-day activities! It's buttery smooth with 0 hiccups! But if you consider gaming, Blu spark has a slight advantge but I'm not sure about the technical aspects! No heating issues in omega kernal

I did a 2-hour google meet session (HOST)
Battery lost with blu spark - 35% (40 deg Celcius)
Battery lost with omega - 33% (38 deg celcius)

Asphalt 9 with blu spark 30mins of gaming and room temp - 31 degree
Battery lost with blu spark - 12% (44 deg Celcius)
Battery lost with omega - 11% (41 deg celcius)

Day to day usage and SOT
Blu spark - Getting around 5 - 5.30 hours of SOT (Always 120Hz turned on by AutoHz App / 1440p with adaptive 1080p option enabled) - 16 Hour battery backup
Omega - Getting around 6 - 6.30 hours of SOT (Always 120Hz turned on by AutoHz App / 1440p with adaptive 1080p option enabled) - 1 Day battery backup

For some weird reason, I was getting Gmail notifications using blu spark kernal, but my notifications were missed when I was using omega kernal.

Hope this provides some insight! :D

r4p70r

I have used both, here are my views!

BLU SPARK - FLawless, but slightly gets warm during normal usage (browsing, Spotify, and youtube videos (WIFI) ); Gaming experience - Top notch!

Omega - Best for day-to-day activities! It's buttery smooth with 0 hiccups! But if you consider gaming, Blu spark has a slight advantge but I'm not sure about the technical aspects! No heating issues in omega kernal

I did a 2-hour google meet session (HOST)
Battery lost with blu spark - 35% (40 deg Celcius)
Battery lost with omega - 33% (38 deg celcius)

Asphalt 9 with blu spark 30mins of gaming and room temp - 31 degree
Battery lost with blu spark - 12% (44 deg Celcius)
Battery lost with omega - 11% (41 deg celcius)

Day to day usage and SOT
Blu spark - Getting around 5 - 5.30 hours of SOT (Always 120Hz turned on by AutoHz App / 1440p with adaptive 1080p option enabled) - 16 Hour battery backup
Omega - Getting around 6 - 6.30 hours of SOT (Always 120Hz turned on by AutoHz App / 1440p with adaptive 1080p option enabled) - 1 Day battery backup

For some weird reason, I was getting Gmail notifications using blu spark kernal, but my notifications were missed when I was using omega kernal.

Hope this provides some insight! :D
And with the Omega Kernel, the device does not warm up when browsing, YouTube, etc.??
Unfortunately, my device gets warm as soon as I start doing something with it. No matter if Omega Kernel or Stock. That's a bit annoying. But with Omega I get more SoT.

Reactions: kitcostantino
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Development has stopped - see my last post HERE.

Introduction

Hello everyone, this is my personal kernel for the OnePlus 9 Pro.
    My philosophy on the kernel is pretty simple, intended to replace the stock kernel, but with a lot of under-the-hood tweaks.

Hopefully you will all enjoy!

Important thread information!

I refuse to acknowledge/respond to bug reports that do not include clear steps to reproduce, a logcat, and a console ramoops (if random rebooting) or a dmesg (any other issues). Follow this guide to do this.
    Keep things civil, no flaming in the forums!

Features

• Up to date with OxygenOS 11 source
    • Compiled with Google's Clang toolchain for maximum stability, with all warnings and errors fixed
    • Compiled with Clang's cortex-a55 optimizations
    • Many tweaks under the hood for smoother UX, lower battery drain, etc.
    • Westwood as the default congestion algorithm (BBR is also available)
    • Available to flash with AnyKernel3

Latest kernel release on GitHub

LINK

Source

Omega GitHub: https://github.com/kristofpetho/kernel_oneplus_sm8350
    Omega originally sourced from: OnePlusOSS

Thanks where it's due

@pyry666 for all his help getting me logs after logs after logs. Without him this wouldn't have been possible!
    @Burt Squirtz and @crashazz3 and @TheKnux for helping to test
    Kerneltoast for his extreme patience and guidance
    osm0sis (for AnyKernel3)
    @eng.stk for finding a way to have proper hardware detection working
    New kernel release!

Changelog:
    - Pulled in patch from Google to make cpufreq stat collection less CPU-hungry (smoothness)
    - Pulled in 3 Clang/LLVM stability fixes from upstream Linux
    - Pulled in a patch for better power consumption when vibrations are enabled (from arter's source)

While this kernel works on latest 11.2.9.9, please note that OnePlus hasn't released sources yet for 11.2.9.9.

Enjoy!
    New release!

Changelog:
    - Build with Google's Clang 13.0.1, updated Binutils to 2.37
    - Pulled in 5 code fixes from CAF for display driver
    - Pulled in 2 logic fixes from CAF for display driver
    - Pulled in 3 various CAF stability fixes
    - Fixed a dmesg error message with a commit from upstream Linux
    - Removed all android_fs tracing from the ext4 and f2fs filesystem drivers
    Hi All,

With a heavy heart I am stopping with development for the 9 Pro.

My reasons:
    - no kernel source update since August 2021
    - Oppo has been known to be terrible with kernel source updates, and/or posting incomplete sources
    - A12 development will be difficult if the kernel sources are non-existent or lacking

Wish all of you the best, and thank you so much for the wonderful community!

Kristof
    New kernel release!

The test team has been crazy busy, flashing sometimes 5 builds a day to pressure test, and come up with this new kernel.
    After tons of performance tests, we found that Clang (with the included optimizations) outperforms even the best GCC builds, so I'm now moving to using Clang by Google to compile the kernel.

Changelog:
    - Fixed major network error where userspace was trying to modify network settings but the kernel wasn't allowing it (this issue is also present on stock kernel)
    - Pulled in a fix from CAF to improve/lower battery drain
    - Updated Wireguard module to latest version
    - Built using Google's latest Clang (12.0.6)
    - Enabled all Clang internal optimizations (reverted a crazy CAF patch disabling them), and fixed all subsequent code errors
    - Fixed an IRQ saving issue found via lockdep (upstream)

Enjoy!