This kernel is for Oneplus 5T (dumpling)
You will NOT void your warranty after flashing this kernel. Be sure to make all necessary backups first before processing to installation. I'am not responsible of any damage caused to your device or data lost after flashing this kernel. Of course, these are only basic warnings ! but generally you'll not get any problem :)[/COLOR][/FONT]
Welcome to SimpleGX kernel ! a kernel that aims for simplicity, stability, better performance, smoothness and battery life over a pure stock kernel.
This kernel is designed for people who are (like me) bored to flash kernels which integrate tons of unneeded things.
Main goals of it is to stay MUCH closer to stock than every kernels shared here and almost not to be a “custom kernel” on its own. So beware, no exotic stuffs here !
No need for any third app or whatever to control this kernel. Just "flash-n-joy" ! this is how I always liked thing.
Keep in mind that this kernel has been designed for my daily use first.
As always, I'm enjoying sharing my contribution here on XDA for free, which taking me a lot of (my free) time to test before releasing. So, if you can offer me a little beer, it will be really appreciated!
This kernel must be only flashed over an official Oneplus 5T OxygenOS (OOS) ROM !
Feel free to include my kernel to your ROMs / threads but please don't forget to inform/ask first via PM and credit me properly in your original thread. It's always appreciated.
★ WHAT TO EXPECT ★ :
- Slightly better battery life
- Slightly better performance
- Include only efficient (but definitely not experimental) tweaks
- Stay as close as possible from pure stock source
★ FEATURES (up-to-date) ★ :
- Always directly based from latest available "android_kernel_oneplus_msm8998" Android Nougat/Oreo/Pie source from Oneplus5T OxygenOS (for clean work)
- Compiled with stock Google (4.9.x / aarch64-linux-android) toolchain (for best stability)
- Featuring AnyKernel3 (for all ramdisk compatibility)
- Stock Linux
- Kernel logger disabled
- Very few fixes/optimizations patches for stock interactive governor
- Completely optimized stock 'cfq' I/O scheduler
- All TCP congestion control modules activated with Westwood currently as default
- mmc/core: disabled CRC check
- Disabled CC_OPTIMIZE_FOR_SIZE
- tcp_output: set initial TCP window size to 64K
- fs: default to noatime
- Decrease BCL low battery threshold to 5%
- WireGuard support (thanks to @zx2c4)
- Xbox controller (and other USB pads) support
- Dash Charge support
- Removed verify and forced encryption + patched SafetyNet flags to pass CTS
- Disabled suspicious OnePlus services and logging
- Some miscellaneous tweaks, fixes, patches and security patches
- Full changes to be discovered directly in my Github source below
Features that will NEVER be included in this kernel :
- adding any other governor/IO schedulers than those stock
- root/busybox auto-installation
- CPU/GPU overclocking/undervolting
- adreno idler
- any upstream of Linux kernel
★ PREREQUISITE ★ :
- An unlocked Bootloader
- An Android Nougat/Oreo/Pie firmware (based on OxygenOS)
- A custom recovery (TWRP recommanded), to flash the kernel
- Optional : to control some kernel tweaks, you can install Kernel Adiutor)
★ SOURCE (up-to-date) ★ :
★ INSTALLATION PROCEDURE ★ :
- Backup everything you need (internal & external)
- Unlock your bootloader
- Flash your favorite TWRP recovery
- Reboot to TWRP
- Wipe both cache & dalvik partitions
- Flash your full usual ROM/firmware (optional if you did not flashed any other custom kernel)
- Flash SimpleGX kernel
- Flash root (Magisk recommended but should work with SuperSU also)
- Reboot and enjoy !
★ Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) ★ :
- How can I update my SimpleGX kernel version ?
- Nougat: Just make a dirty flash over it. If there is a special thing to do, then it will be precised directly into the announce.
- Oreo/Pie: flash kernel and root right after (otherwise your device won't boot).
- How can I go back to stock kernel ?
Just flash back your full usual rom/firmware back (flashing stock kernel is not enough since it does not brings stock modules back to the rom/firmware).
- Is there a LineageOS (LOS) version of you kernel ?
No, and there won’t be any this time on OP5T.
- Is your Oreo/Pie version compatible with custom ROM's (8.1.x) ?
No, only official OOS Oreo/Pie.
- My battery is draining like hell, what's wrong ?
As @nathanchance perfectly said for his kernel: "The kernel doesn't drain any battery, use an app like BetterBatteryStats to figure out what app is screwing with your phone".
Also, generally, I remarked that wiping cache+dalvik between updates may drain a lot for the percentage left and the first cycle. Anyway, be sure to make at least two full cycles (from 100% to 0%) before judging battery life for any kernel.
- How to recover excellent battery life ?
Check my personal tips HERE.
★ for OnePlus 5T ★
/!\ PLEASE DO NOT MIRROR MY DOWNLOADS /!\
Need supports ? all kind of questions must be posted on this thread directly. Be sure to read at least completely this first post before asking any question.
If you enjoy this kernel, don't forget to rate this threadstars, and clicking the 'thanks' button (right below). It's always appreciated to keep this thread maintained
If you enjoy this kernel, don't forget to rate this thread