[KERNEL] [OOS] SimpleGX v6.4 (August 13)

Search This thread

AndroidGX

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
★ Montpellier ★
Is there anyway to download this another way, I am trying to download via Chrome on my phone and won't let me
I'm also using Chrome on my phone. It works perfectly but you have to switch to Desktop mode, click on the file and since we can't double click, you have to then click "Download as ZIP" on upper button :good:
File zip name looks wrong but it should be flashable :good:

Last edited:

AndroidGX

Jun 24, 2010
★ Montpellier ★
Do you use any apps to control background processes and stuff. I know you use the disable system update service thing.
I was using Greenify in the past but I can't see any drain difference with it so I uninstalled it and everything is fine for now to me :good:
So excepted the disable systemupdate, I'm running full stock OOS optimizations/settings :highfive:
I found the 4.7.4 OOS overall a bit more draining while in use (not in idle) but it seems to be a known problem. Anyway I prefer to deal with the new improved camera update and live with that, than the contrary hehe ;)

AndroidGX

Jun 24, 2010
★ Montpellier ★
UPDATE

★ CHANGELOG ★ :
679674x6v5.png

6430991398474794tickcircle.png
11.12.2017 : v1.6 released.
  • Makefile: enable 'Ofast' optimizations
  • sched: Disable gentle fair sleepers
  • Updated Anykernel2 to match latest version available
  • Compiled with latest updated Google GCC 4.9 toolchain

Enjoy! :highfive:

Pfeffernuss

Jun 30, 2009
Wassenaar
★ CHANGELOG ★ :
679674x6v5.png

• Makefile: enable 'Ofast' optimizations
  • sched: Disable gentle fair sleepers

This kernel is amazing! Finally cpu in deep sleep for most of the time, haven't seen it this good with other kernels :good:

flipim

May 15, 2009
Since I updated to 4.7.4 (algo updated to 1.6 kernel) my battery life has gotten much worse..2 h 30min screen and just 35% battery remain.... Anybody else having same issues? :S

kgs1992

May 8, 2012
Bangalore
★ CHANGELOG ★ :

Makefile: enable 'Ofast' optimizations
sched: Disable gentle fair sleepers
Updated Anykernel2 to match latest version available
Compiled with latest updated Google GCC 4.9 toolchain

As long as I'm using an OOS ROM, this is the kernel I will use. Battery life is improved greatly and at zero cost to performance and with no tweaking. A big thanks to you and your contributors! :)
EDIT: Your next beer is on me ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: AndroidGX

AndroidGX

Jun 24, 2010
★ Montpellier ★
Since I updated to 4.7.4 (algo updated to 1.6 kernel) my battery life has gotten much worse..2 h 30min screen and just 35% battery remain.... Anybody else having same issues? :S
Check my post #186 :good:
Also, I will remove the disabled gentle fair sleepers thing for the next release as I found it a bit more draining. It was useful on old devices like Galaxy S3 to boost a bit UI but at the cost of battery. On our device I guess it's not a good choice to play with this.

As long as I'm using an OOS ROM, this is the kernel I will use. Battery life is improved greatly and at zero cost to performance and with no tweaking. A big thanks to you and your contributors! :)
EDIT: Your next beer is on me ;)
Thank you very much for that! appreciated :cool::highfive::good:
Welcome to post #4 also! :cowboy:

Reactions: kgs1992

flipim

May 15, 2009
Check my post #186 :good:
Also, I will remove the disabled gentle fair sleepers thing for the next release as I found it a bit more draining. It was useful on old devices like Galaxy S3 to boost a bit UI but at the cost of battery. On our device I guess it's not a good choice to play with this.

I understand that it can be a bit more.. But in my case I have to deal with a half battery life..
Im going to try clean install, something must be wrong hehe

Ty!

brainmaster

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2006
Dirty flashed Audax 4.7.4 ROM over Stock, SimpleGX 1.6 kernel. AKT 1.1 with Nameless Balanced profile.

That config gave me after 24h with 2h SOT remaining 50% of battery.

Daily usage is Messaging, Chrome browsing and GMail.

Thx for great kernel!

Reactions: AndroidGX

AndroidGX

Jun 24, 2010
★ Montpellier ★
I understand that it can be a bit more.. But in my case I have to deal with a half battery life.
It remembers me the known issue of OP5, when we update firmwares, sometimes for unknown reason wifi search option (in GPS > Search) is active again and wifi intelligent scan also, which drains a lot of battery. Since I turned them off again, looks like finally I'm now at the samebattery drain level as before (4.7.2) :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Simple_GX_new_ban3.png

WARNING :

This kernel is for Oneplus 5T (dumpling)

Code:
    You will NOT void your warranty after flashing this kernel.
    Be sure to make all necessary backups first before processing to installation.
    I'am not responsible of any damage caused to your device or data lost after flashing this kernel.
    Of course, these are only basic warnings ! but generally you'll not get any problem :)[/COLOR][/FONT]

679674x6v5.png

Some reading..

Welcome to SimpleGX kernel ! a kernel that aims for simplicity, stability, better performance, smoothness and battery life over a pure stock kernel.
    This kernel is designed for people who are (like me) bored to flash kernels which integrate tons of unneeded things.
    Main goals of it is to stay MUCH closer to stock than every kernels shared here and almost not to be a “custom kernel” on its own. So beware, no exotic stuffs here !
    No need for any third app or whatever to control this kernel. Just "flash-n-joy" ! this is how I always liked thing.
    Keep in mind that this kernel has been designed for my daily use first.
    As always, I'm enjoying sharing my contribution here on XDA for free, which taking me a lot of (my free) time to test before releasing. So, if you can offer me a little beer, it will be really appreciated!

This kernel must be only flashed over an official Oneplus 5T OxygenOS (OOS) ROM !

Feel free to include my kernel to your ROMs / threads but please don't forget to inform/ask first via PM and credit me properly in your original thread. It's always appreciated.

679674x6v5.png

★ WHAT TO EXPECT ★ :
    (over a pure stock kernel) :
    • Slightly better battery life
    • Slightly better performance
    • Include only efficient (but definitely not experimental) tweaks
    • Stay as close as possible from pure stock source

★ FEATURES (up-to-date) ★ :
    Base :
    • Always directly based from latest available "android_kernel_oneplus_msm8998" Android Nougat/Oreo/Pie source from Oneplus5T OxygenOS (for clean work)
    • Compiled with stock Google (4.9.x / aarch64-linux-android) toolchain (for best stability)
    • Featuring AnyKernel3 (for all ramdisk compatibility)
    • Stock Linux
    Main :
    • Kernel logger disabled
    • Very few fixes/optimizations patches for stock interactive governor
    • Completely optimized stock 'cfq' I/O scheduler
    • All TCP congestion control modules activated with Westwood currently as default
    • mmc/core: disabled CRC check
    • Disabled CC_OPTIMIZE_FOR_SIZE
    • tcp_output: set initial TCP window size to 64K
    • fs: default to noatime
    • Decrease BCL low battery threshold to 5%
    • WireGuard support (thanks to @zx2c4)
    • Xbox controller (and other USB pads) support
    • Dash Charge support
    • Removed verify and forced encryption + patched SafetyNet flags to pass CTS
    • Disabled suspicious OnePlus services and logging
    • Some miscellaneous tweaks, fixes, patches and security patches
    Various tweaks :
    • Full changes to be discovered directly in my Github source below

Features that will NEVER be included in this kernel :

• adding any other governor/IO schedulers than those stock
    • root/busybox auto-installation
    • CPU/GPU overclocking/undervolting
    • KCAL
    • adreno idler
    • state_notifier
    • any upstream of Linux kernel
    • dual-boot
    • etc

★ PREREQUISITE ★ :
    • An unlocked Bootloader
    • An Android Nougat/Oreo/Pie firmware (based on OxygenOS)
    • A custom recovery (TWRP recommanded), to flash the kernel
    • Optional : to control some kernel tweaks, you can install Kernel Adiutor)

★ SOURCE (up-to-date) ★ :

★ INSTALLATION PROCEDURE ★ :
    1. Backup everything you need (internal & external)
    2. Unlock your bootloader
    3. Flash your favorite TWRP recovery
    4. Reboot to TWRP
    5. Wipe both cache & dalvik partitions
    6. Flash your full usual ROM/firmware (optional if you did not flashed any other custom kernel)
    7. Flash SimpleGX kernel
    8. Flash root (Magisk recommended but should work with SuperSU also)
    9. Reboot and enjoy !

★ Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) ★ :
    • How can I update my SimpleGX kernel version ?
      - Nougat: Just make a dirty flash over it. If there is a special thing to do, then it will be precised directly into the announce.
      - Oreo/Pie: flash kernel and root right after (otherwise your device won't boot).
    • How can I go back to stock kernel ?
      Just flash back your full usual rom/firmware back (flashing stock kernel is not enough since it does not brings stock modules back to the rom/firmware).
    • Is there a LineageOS (LOS) version of you kernel ?
      No, and there won’t be any this time on OP5T.
    • Is your Oreo/Pie version compatible with custom ROM's (8.1.x) ?
      No, only official OOS Oreo/Pie.
    • My battery is draining like hell, what's wrong ?
      As @nathanchance perfectly said for his kernel: "The kernel doesn't drain any battery, use an app like BetterBatteryStats to figure out what app is screwing with your phone".
      Also, generally, I remarked that wiping cache+dalvik between updates may drain a lot for the percentage left and the first cycle. Anyway, be sure to make at least two full cycles (from 100% to 0%) before judging battery life for any kernel.
    • How to recover excellent battery life ?
      Check my personal tips HERE.

★ for OnePlus 5T ★

/!\ PLEASE DO NOT MIRROR MY DOWNLOADS /!\

Need supports ? all kind of questions must be posted on this thread directly. Be sure to read at least completely this first post before asking any question.
    If you enjoy this kernel, don't forget to rate this thread
    rating_5.png
    stars
    , and clicking the 'thanks' button (right below). It's always appreciated to keep this thread maintained ;)

LIKE MY WORK ?
    OFFER ME A

:good::highfive::good:
    Hello everybody ! :cowboy:

Sorry for the no news since. I’am currently working on a new base from zero. It’s not that I’m not satisfied with the current release, but I would like something even more simple without adding much things as other custom kernels all integrates (and as my kernel also already integrates). Always aiming for better battery, smoothness and performance, which is a bit hard if you ask me, even more, a defy ! if we want to stay as stock as possible.

Anyway, the version will jump directly to 2.0 as soon as it will be ready and once I will be very satisfied with it. I prefer to take time and release a sort of “bomb”. I need to check which tweaks/commits really needs to be keeped/removed.

I’m currently enjoying my holidays at snow and writing this message from mother’s laptop ;)
    As soon as I will be back to home, I will hard working on it.

Oh and btw, merry Christmas to everybody! :highfive::good:
    Cheers’
    UPDATE (happy new year 2018 release!)

★ CHANGELOG ★ :
    679674x6v5.png

31.12.2017 : v2.0 released.
    • Kernel completely rebuilded from scratch (cleaner github separate commits also)
    • Completely thinked and reworked from zero (many commits removed, to keep only efficient ones and be more close to stock than ever)
    • Add some new optimizations/fixes interesting commits (arm64, cpuidle, etc)
    • Synchronize codes for OxygenOS 4.7.6
    • Removed franciscofranco wakelocks implementation to move up to Boeffla one (only safe wakelocks are now blocked by default)
    • Removed old github wifi OP5 OOS implementation to now include stock proprietary OOS OP5T wifi module, and load it correctly
    • Switch back to stock 'O2' optimizations (instead of 'Ofast')

Battery life looks now OK to me (idle + hard use), performance and smoothness looks solid, wifi problems that some of you were facing should be definitely fixed.
    If you have any issue, I highly recommand to flash stock OOS firmware before flashing my kernel + Magisk, before writting here.

Enjoy ! :good:
    Happy new year 2018 in advance to my SimpleGX family :highfive:
    Best !
    Cheers'
    UPDATE

★ CHANGELOG ★ :
    679674x6v5.png

17.05.2018 : v5.2 released.
    • WiFi: migrated from OOS proprietary module to OOS opensource
    • Fixed (again) delayed notifications issue
    • Updated WireGuard to latest version (20180514)
    • Updated Anykernel2 to latest version

N-JoYz! ;)
    UPDATE

★ CHANGELOG ★ :
    679674x6v5.png

08.04.2018 : v4.2 (ALS) updated.
    • Linux-stable updated to 4.4.127
    • Updated Anykernel2 to latest version

Not sure if this kernel still interests someone here... :rolleyes: but anyway I keep it updated for me :p (I did several releases for personal usage before this one, but was a bit lazy to publish).
    So, enjoy !
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone