[KERNEL][OP2][LineageOS] FrancoKernel - r12 - 12th Dec

PedroGondim

Aug 23, 2014
Hi Franco, thanks for your work!

Someone have problem with medias ( Whatsapp images and videos, camera photos, images downloaded..) in gallery apps like Focus and Google Photos?

The pictures have no thumbnail and when it opens, it gets black. Videos when open gets error "0x8000000...."

Stock kernel everything works fine.

Attachments

chxei

Jun 26, 2015
tbilisi
Hi @franciscofranco, thank you for this awesome kernel.
A quick question, double tap on lock screen to wake device is disabled or am I missing something?

Best regards
Same Problem here as well Can't find a way to turn it on.
if you mean double tap on lockscreen to sleep phone, that is not kernel related, rom should have that option. if you mean double tap on screen to wake device, that is supported and working fine, on rr.
Can I tweak it with another kernel manager?

Envoyé de mon ONE+A2005 en utilisant Tapatalk
it is recommended to stay on stock values, but yes kernel adiutor works well

Sam Nakamura

Retired Forum Moderator
Dec 7, 2015
Landshut (Ndb.)
Hi Franco, thanks for your work!

Someone have problem with medias ( Whatsapp images and videos, camera photos, images downloaded..) in gallery apps like Focus and Google Photos?

The pictures have no thumbnail and when it opens, it gets black. Videos when open gets error "0x8000000...."

Stock kernel everything works fine.
No, issues with Google Photos or Whatsapp, pics & vids, it's all there..
Using official ressurectionremix :)

apoc_lypse

Jul 2, 2012
if you mean double tap on lockscreen to sleep phone, that is not kernel related, rom should have that option. if you mean double tap on screen to wake device, that is supported and working fine, on rr.

Yes, I mean double tap to wake the device. I am on DU and have checked this option. But this is not working as intended. This behavior change happened post kernel flash. So was wondering

Regards

Sam Nakamura

Retired Forum Moderator
Dec 7, 2015
Landshut (Ndb.)

Yes, I mean double tap to wake the device. I am on DU and have checked this option. But this is not working as intended. This behavior change happened post kernel flash. So was wondering

Regards
DU is AOSP based, this kernel is for lineageOS based roms, which is clearly stated in OP, actually a weird behavior is expected in this combination..

Sam Nakamura

Retired Forum Moderator
Dec 7, 2015
Landshut (Ndb.)
All the cores are always working, none are ever inactive but I don't care because I'm getting good battery life.
Thank you Fransisco, love your work.
It's intended to be like that.. :)
They go idle if all workload is processed

QUOTE from OP:
"9 - All cores are unlocked and unshackled from One Plus core control module. Mimicking the Nexus 6P all cores are online and hit idle states when they don't have tasks running, instead of going offline. Performance is greatly improved because all cores are readily available when needed"

JUST READ THE FIRST POST, it's all explained

Last edited:

parasthakur37

Apr 8, 2012
Chandigarh
It's intended to be like that.. :)
They go idle if all workload is processed

QUOTE from OP:
"9 - All cores are unlocked and unshackled from One Plus core control module. Mimicking the Nexus 6P all cores are online and hit idle states when they don't have tasks running, instead of going offline. Performance is greatly improved because all cores are readily available when needed"

JUST READ THE FIRST POST, it's all explained
I did read it. What I'm trying to say is I do not think they hit the idle state because they're always working, at least according to the CPU-Z app.
And as I said it doesn't matter because battery life is anyhow good.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using XDA-Developers Legacy app

hurrykaneftw

Jun 29, 2016
@Sam Nakamura
Hey sam, I'm on official RR too.
In my case, with google wallpapers i can set previously dwnld pics as wallpaper....
But when i try to set pics downloaded after kernel flashing, as wallpaper, it says
"Unable to load wallpaper. Image is either corrupted or unsupported ".

I flash stock kernel again & download same image & try to set it as wall. No issues!!
Can u check on ur side too plz..

Also with quickpic app, there are problems while sharing images too... but not when using Simple gallery

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone