[KERNEL][OP2][LineageOS] FrancoKernel - r12 - 12th Dec

Sam Nakamura

Retired Forum Moderator
Dec 7, 2015
Landshut (Ndb.)
@Sam Nakamura
Hey sam, I'm on official RR too.
In my case, with google wallpapers i can set previously dwnld pics as wallpaper....
But when i try to set pics downloaded after kernel flashing, as wallpaper, it says
"Unable to load wallpaper. Image is either corrupted or unsupported ".

I flash stock kernel again & download same image & try to set it as wall. No issues!!
Can u check on ur side too plz..

Also with quickpic app, there are problems while sharing images too... but not when using Simple gallery
I had no issues so far..
Quick solution, download Madlog or Catlog from store, replicate the issue and record logs and post them here if you have hints that issues are kernel related..

Reactions: hurrykaneftw

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
Hi @franciscofranco, thank you for this awesome kernel.
A quick question, double tap on lock screen to wake device is disabled or am I missing something?

Best regards
Same Problem here as well Can't find a way to turn it on.
Dunno, I didn't change anything regarding gestures in the Kernel.

Was zram been disabled intentionally?

Sent from my Nexus+5X using Tapatalk
ZRAM is not disabled.

Can I tweak it with another kernel manager?

Envoyé de mon ONE+A2005 en utilisant Tapatalk
You can do as you please, it's your phone, your choices!

I did read it. What I'm trying to say is I do not think they hit the idle state because they're always working, at least according to the CPU-Z app.
And as I said it doesn't matter because battery life is anyhow good.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using XDA-Developers Legacy app
Of course they hit idle. You can't detect CPU idle states without going through the Kernel task scheduler and put some logs in there. Apps don't tell the full story and there are things you can't see through apps.

Sam Nakamura

Retired Forum Moderator
Dec 7, 2015
Landshut (Ndb.)
Seems I get around 5 hours SOT with untweaked FK which is in a normal range for me on my standard setup on official ressurectionremix and with my typical usage pattern, but ey, it's the initial release and I haven't started to play with it yet.. :)
Anyways, a good idle state performance is clearly visible by the flattened out battery statistics graph which is pretty nice.. (I also use franco's recommend naptime application)
But I haven't had time to check thoroughly

Attachments

Last edited:

binoysankar

Aug 19, 2016
Bangalore
Hi Franco. I tried changing the headset volume gain to a value of 9. When i pressed ok button phone restarted. Next time i changed the value to 5, this time also the phone got restarted. I am on RR 7.1.1 rom btw.

Binoy

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
Hello Mr. Franco,

Will you ever make this available for the Verizon Galaxy S5?
No.

Hi Franco. I tried changing the headset volume gain to a value of 9. When i pressed ok button phone restarted. Next time i changed the value to 5, this time also the phone got restarted. I am on RR 7.1.1 rom btw.

Binoy
Weird. Will look into it.

Giox92

Mar 12, 2014
Nocera Inferiore
Seems I get around 5 hours SOT with untweaked FK which is in a normal range for me, but ey, it's the initial release and I haven't started to play with it yet.. :)
Anyways, a good idle state performance is clearly visible by the flattened out battery statistics graph which is pretty nice..
But I haven't had time to check thoroughly
On which ROM are you ?

Sam Nakamura

Retired Forum Moderator
Dec 7, 2015
Landshut (Ndb.)
these profiles are working fine. its impressive how well phone performes on battery saver profile
OK, I haven't purchased the paid kernel manager yet, it's not available with the free updater.. Thanks for clarification, unfortunately I'm out of thanks for today :)

Just bought it :good:

Last edited: