• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[KERNEL][OP3T] FrancoKernel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
Re-uploaded the Kernel zip which forcefully deletes the wlan.ko file from /system/lib/modules/ if it exists at all. Stock does a symlink from /system/lib/modules/qca_cld/qca_cld_wlan.ko to /system/lib/modules/wlan.ko, but if the wlan.ko file exists then it's impossible to symlink my qca_cld_wlan.ko module, so that might be the issue.

Duncan1982

Feb 6, 2014
Well I was running tyranus , so I decided to go back to the stock kernel and flash franco�s from there !

You mean the OTA update ( dirty ) for OOS 3.5.3 ???
Yes Exactly....but Fransisco is I assume working on a fix as we speak.....So you may not have to go through that process, but if your impatient..then flash the update as you said, then the kernel & all will be fine....[emoji106]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Reactions: pvillasuso

pvillasuso

Re-uploaded the Kernel zip which forcefully deletes the wlan.ko file from /system/lib/modules/ if it exists at all. Stock does a symlink from /system/lib/modules/qca_cld/qca_cld_wlan.ko to /system/lib/modules/wlan.ko, but if the wlan.ko file exists then it's impossible to symlink my qca_cld_wlan.ko module, so that might be the issue.

Same filename ? I downloaded and flashed againg but no luck , same behaviour
Gonna dirty flash my stuff and try again that way
Thanks again

Duncan1982

Feb 6, 2014
Thanks. Will do.
I use magisk and phh superuser. Should I flash that (or SuperSU) before or after your kernel? After that I can simply update by flashing kernel zip right, no need to re flash magisk/SuperSU?
As Fransisco's kernel doesn't touch SuperSU them you can flash that first & then Kernel.....

My steps were dirty flash update, then Kernel and superSu .....but as I said and assume it shouldn't matter...
[emoji106]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using XDA-Developers mobile app

athorax

Mar 13, 2011
Denver
Ughhhh my two favorite devs start support on the same day and are incompatible with each other. Such hard problems to have

knpk13

Dec 11, 2015
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 3T
Out of curiosity what do you mean with whatsapp problem?

Description:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-3t/development/kernel-t3516012/post70042085

I made a couple posts about it (logs and questions) in the bluspark thread. Basically after sending/receiving messages in WhatsApp, if you close the app and restart it, those messages are gone; no trace of the chat history is left.

Also I reflashed OOS 3.5.3 and your kernel; I still don't have WiFi. :(

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
Description:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-3t/development/kernel-t3516012/post70042085

I made a couple posts about it (logs and questions) in the bluspark thread. Basically after sending/receiving messages in WhatsApp, if you close the app and restart it, those messages are gone; no trace of the chat history is left.

Also I reflashed OOS 3.5.3 and your kernel; I still don't have WiFi. :(

Hmm. That's WAY too odd. Can you give me the output of this command:
Code:
ls -l /system/lib/modules/qca_cld/qca_cld_wlan.ko
and
Code:
lsmod

knpk13

Dec 11, 2015
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 3T

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161211-223809.png
    Screenshot_20161211-223809.png
    83.5 KB · Views: 885
  • Screenshot_20161211-223948.png
    Screenshot_20161211-223948.png
    111.8 KB · Views: 876
Last edited:

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
Here you go. I don't see any discernible output. Does it work on your device?

Works fine on my device.

Can you re-download the Kernel through my server please? I re-uploaded again with a small script change. Please clear your browser cache first, don't want you to download a cached old .zip. Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts