[KERNEL][OP3T] FrancoKernel

Status
Not open for further replies.

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
Re-uploaded the Kernel zip which forcefully deletes the wlan.ko file from /system/lib/modules/ if it exists at all. Stock does a symlink from /system/lib/modules/qca_cld/qca_cld_wlan.ko to /system/lib/modules/wlan.ko, but if the wlan.ko file exists then it's impossible to symlink my qca_cld_wlan.ko module, so that might be the issue.

Duncan1982

Feb 6, 2014
Well I was running tyranus , so I decided to go back to the stock kernel and flash franco�s from there !

You mean the OTA update ( dirty ) for OOS 3.5.3 ???
Yes Exactly....but Fransisco is I assume working on a fix as we speak.....So you may not have to go through that process, but if your impatient..then flash the update as you said, then the kernel & all will be fine....[emoji106]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Reactions: pvillasuso

pvillasuso

Apr 16, 2007
Re-uploaded the Kernel zip which forcefully deletes the wlan.ko file from /system/lib/modules/ if it exists at all. Stock does a symlink from /system/lib/modules/qca_cld/qca_cld_wlan.ko to /system/lib/modules/wlan.ko, but if the wlan.ko file exists then it's impossible to symlink my qca_cld_wlan.ko module, so that might be the issue.
Same filename ? I downloaded and flashed againg but no luck , same behaviour
Gonna dirty flash my stuff and try again that way
Thanks again

knpk13

Dec 11, 2015
I strongly recommend you dirty flash your rom (without wiping anything).
Thanks. Will do.
I use magisk and phh superuser. Should I flash that (or SuperSU) before or after your kernel? After that I can simply update by flashing kernel zip right, no need to re flash magisk/SuperSU?

Duncan1982

Feb 6, 2014
Thanks. Will do.
I use magisk and phh superuser. Should I flash that (or SuperSU) before or after your kernel? After that I can simply update by flashing kernel zip right, no need to re flash magisk/SuperSU?
As Fransisco's kernel doesn't touch SuperSU them you can flash that first & then Kernel.....

My steps were dirty flash update, then Kernel and superSu .....but as I said and assume it shouldn't matter...
[emoji106]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using XDA-Developers mobile app

knpk13

Dec 11, 2015

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
Description:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-3t/development/kernel-t3516012/post70042085

I made a couple posts about it (logs and questions) in the bluspark thread. Basically after sending/receiving messages in WhatsApp, if you close the app and restart it, those messages are gone; no trace of the chat history is left.

Also I reflashed OOS 3.5.3 and your kernel; I still don't have WiFi. :(
Hmm. That's WAY too odd. Can you give me the output of this command:
Code:
ls -l /system/lib/modules/qca_cld/qca_cld_wlan.ko
and
Code:
lsmod

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
Here you go. I don't see any discernible output. Does it work on your device?
Works fine on my device.

Can you re-download the Kernel through my server please? I re-uploaded again with a small script change. Please clear your browser cache first, don't want you to download a cached old .zip. Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.