[KERNEL][OP5] FrancoKernel ?- r49 - 27th Aug · Pie & custom roms

Search This thread

pycxe-01

Feb 22, 2011
Oulu
ElementalX WAS great, but flar2 stopped a lot of support for the op5! Including > LineageOS/AOSP ROM support >9.0

That doesn't really trouble me for I have always used stock OxygenOS on my OP5! Moreover, I have accidentally broken my OP5 last summer & moved onto OP7 GM1900 thereafter! :p

P.S.- Yes, OP5 is easy to repair & I have replaced its' screen + battery before giving it away to my little sister. But, it was a convenient reason for upgrade! ;)

Aballamis

That doesn't really trouble me for I have always used stock OxygenOS on my OP5! Moreover, I have accidentally broken my OP5 last summer & moved onto OP7 GM1900 thereafter! :p

P.S.- Yes, OP5 is easy to repair & I have replaced its' screen + battery before giving it away to my little sister. But, it was a convenient reason for upgrade! ;)

• Well, . . . . Boogie-Woogie to you Sir!
Good Day!

digger16309

Jul 17, 2014
OnePlus 5
Google Pixel 5
The 5 is still better then most new phones today and see 128g and 8g ram it will be awhile before it's outdated

I know this is the FK thread so I want to say that my OP5 is rock solid with exceptional battery life using fk49.

However, the camera on the OP5 is crap b/c of the lack of built-in stabilization. I don't take that many photos or videos so I don't care. But it's a huge limitation to many.

Reactions: str8str

oVeRdOsE.

Sep 19, 2011
MTL
I know this is the FK thread so I want to say that my OP5 is rock solid with exceptional battery life using fk49.

However, the camera on the OP5 is crap b/c of the lack of built-in stabilization. I don't take that many photos or videos so I don't care. But it's a huge limitation to many.

learn how to use it.
You might be right on a technical point of view, but for 99% of phone user, OP5 is a beast for picture. Most people looking picture on FB / insta etc.
If your image is saturated, sharp and have the portrait effect, you're in business to get people wet on instagram :angel:

Last month I took random picture at my friend's wedding, and I swear, the bride was pissed, since few picture were better than the hired photograph.

gcam , portrait mode and snapseed edit will get this phone many compliment on the camera for few years to come.

For video, use 1080p for stabilization, or get wide shoot on 4k/108060p and use something like powerdirector to stabilize the video. Powerdirector is crazy powerful to edit and enhance videos. Yeah of course it will take more time, but it worth it and way better than changing phone every year or so. What a fcking waste.

Last edited:
Reactions: str8str

digger16309

Jul 17, 2014
OnePlus 5
Google Pixel 5
learn how to use it.
You might be right on a technical point of view,

I'm sure the moderators will now clean this thread, but I am 100% correct technically and otherwise. I like the OP5 and will keep it for a long time, but I don't want to marry it. It has a crap camera by any current standard and no software changes that. It was crap at launch and it is crap now.

Francokernel, great as it is, doesn't change that either.

wowkazmir

Aug 16, 2010
Flashed the latest kernel over OB35 and now unable to start WiFi. Any ideas?

Oneplus have stopped with their open beta program, so you should not be on a Beta rom in the first place. Regarding your question about the WiFI, the kernel uses modified WiFI files which explains why it would break yours.

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

this kernel works with the latest OOS 9.0.9

I don't see why it wouldn't, but I would wait for an official response from Franco. He may add some of his own updates in the next kernel build too.

Last edited:

jameswalker457

Dec 31, 2014
Oneplus have stopped with their open beta program, so you should not be on a Beta rom in the first place. Regarding your question about the WiFI, the kernel uses modified WiFI files which explains why it would break yours.

Changed to Bluspark and it worked fine.

Didn't know that though thanks for the info.

johnha

Aug 12, 2013
Anyone else update to 9.0.9 stable and FK fails to flash?

20191022-181817.jpg

p.s. I rebooted and tried again to no avail.

Last edited:

Rick1684

Sep 25, 2012
New Carlisle
@franciscofranco Hey, can we get some Android 10 love sent this way. I am missing your kernel and was hoping for a release for custom 10 roms before the Q2/20 OOS release for our device. No eta just curious what your plans are. Thank you for all your hard work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all.

Compatibility:
    Builds from r1 up to r12 are for Android 7.1.1 Nougat OxygenOS based roms only.
    Builds from r13 are for Android 8.0.0 Oreo OxygenOS based roms only.
    Builds starting with r18 work with Android 8.1.0 Custom roms.
    Builds starting with r28 up to r32 work with OxygenOS 5.1.0 Android 8.1.0
    Builds starting with r33 work with OxygenOS 5.1.5 Android 8.1.0
    Builds starting with r40 are for OxygenOS 9.0 Android Pie.
    Builds starting with r44 are also available for custom roms such as LineageOS.

Download:
    https://francokernel.app

Installation:
    Flash the zip in your recovery
    or
    Auto-flash from FK Kernel Manager app, it's magical

Changelog:
    https://francokernel.app
    Scroll down, choose your device & select the latest release to see the changelog.

Source:
    https://github.com/franciscofranco/OP5-5T-unified

Follow me on socials for updates and interesting tidbits
    Twitter[/URL

FK Kernel Manager video
    [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARdNqh71D0E

Disclaimer to moderators:
    Slight OT is fine, but when users decide to act stupid they should be dealt with with the appropriate means - its really annoying for me when OT turns crazy. Please put the warning/ban hammer anytime any of you think there's lack of respect and/or too much unwanted OT crap - but if it doesn't meet this criteria let the OT posts alone. Thank you.

Cheers!
    As usual there's a large focus on battery life. F2FS is upstreamed to the latest version and I spent a couple days single picking useful commits from Qualcomm's repository with fixes and power consumption improvements.

You should see an improvement in battery life.
    Happy new year! I'll release FK for Oreo tomorrow!
    Hey all! As maybe some of you know I got married at the start of July so of course Android went to the sidelines. Now that I'm back let's catch up and have some fun together! r32 is out with all the updates you need. And you know it, you can auto-flash with my app http://get.franciscofranco.xyz

Support for open betas with Treble will go out tomorrow, it's late and I haven't tested it as much as I'd like.

I hope ya'll doing great :)
    Anyway, pushed r16. It's a 100% rebased Kernel on top of a clean stock + latest CAF stage + upstream 4.4.112 from Flash Kernel's base with all my commits & work on top. It's compatible with stock OxygenOS and the latest Open Beta 4.
    You can auto-flash with my app if you're on the beta channel http://get.franciscofranco.xyz
    or just download the zip from the OP and flash.

This is a major, MAJOR release.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone