[KERNEL][OP5] FrancoKernel ?- r49 - 27th Aug · Pie & custom roms

Search This thread

dsg2003

Jan 10, 2011
I am on xXx No Limits Rom and Xceed Kernel. Can I flash Franco kernel over Xceed? Or is there the need to flash stock kernel before?

Funk Wizard

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2014
New Delhi
I am on xXx No Limits Rom and Xceed Kernel. Can I flash Franco kernel over Xceed? Or is there the need to flash stock kernel before?
It's always recommended to flash or restore stock boot.img if you wish to swap custom kernels.

Just restore your boot.img from previous nandroid or dirty flash your rom to restore stock kernel and you are free to flash any kernel over it then.

Sent from my OnePlus5 using XDA Labs

Reactions: Dns94 and dsg2003

tsukiyakie

Oct 25, 2010
Notice the same. You could increase cpu input boost a little bit. But i would wait, Franco should give you the right answer :D

Change your performance profile and reboot. Mine is still very smooth.

I disable fsync personally. Everything else is up to you if you want to make further modifications.

Ok let's keep it simple
By default all the wakelocks are disabled so no need to touch them unless you want to enable them

To enable it you have to click on the wakelocks which would then say enabled and then if you use the toggle it would allow that wakelock from boot

So basically the toggle button in yellow sets the desired behavior on boot and does not actually enable it.

Hope it's clear now [emoji106]

No shutters or lags for me, running r3 on balanced profile

Sent from Funk Tuned Cheeseburger

I fail to see any issue with lag. I even increased the boost duration on r3 to 100ms (was 40ms) on r2. You can increase the boost frequency to 1.5GHz on the little cluster and see how it goes? I can't reproduce though.

Logically.

I uploaded the kernel test videos both r2 and r3 just for comparison

R2 link https://youtu.be/qXxmT6S84Sk
R3 link https://youtu.be/SGu1ByQTpxc
Please watch in 1080p 60fps

In r3 vid above, the stutter is less noticable than it should be (power button, reboot, reboot) while recording since it uses more CPU resources. You should try it by yourself (power, reboot, reboot) that part is stuttery on r3 in real life.
It's more like frame drops, not lag. Also noticed more drops while scrolling through FB app on r3 compared to r2.
All of those are done in balanced profile. Have no issues with performance profile tho.

Edit : I also let the phone settle for a while after boot before doing the test

Last edited:

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
I uploaded the kernel test videos both r2 and r3 just for comparison

R2 link https://youtu.be/qXxmT6S84Sk
R3 link https://youtu.be/SGu1ByQTpxc
Please watch in 1080p 60fps

In r3 vid above, the stutter is less noticable than it should be (power button, reboot, reboot) while recording since it uses more CPU resources. You should try it by yourself (power, reboot, reboot) that part is stuttery on r3 in real life.
It's more like frame drops, not lag. Also noticed more drops while scrolling through FB app on r3 compared to r2.
All of those are done in balanced profile. Have no issues with performance profile tho.

Edit : I also let the phone settle for a while after boot before doing the test

Yeah but performance profile is a beast and will rip your device's battery life much faster. Try to set input boost frequency to 1.5GHz on the little cluster.

Reactions: 3DSammy and inffy

oo0keba0oo

Jun 13, 2015
Standby issue. Standby with wifi on. Drain 6% battery in 7hours. I still think it is too high for OP5. I am not sure why this issus happend on all the kernels i have tried.

Probably some thing wrong wifi driver?

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
Standby issue. Standby with wifi on. Drain 6% battery in 7hours. I still think it is too high for OP5. I am not sure why this issus happend on all the kernels i have tried.

WiFi driver is 100% stock here, nothing I can do. I already block a gazillion wakelocks.

Mar 20, 2013
Saint-Petersburg

I think the problem with your hotspot. May be it's not correctly set. Try if you can change the bandwidth of your router to 40MHz. Or the best choice would be to change the access point and leave the phone alone for a few hours. And look how it goes.

oo0keba0oo

Jun 13, 2015
WiFi driver is 100% stock here, nothing I can do. I already block a gazillion wakelocks.
Thx for reply. Just wanna know wheather wifi drain is a real problem, (Maybe Qualcomm wifi driver issur) or just a case or network environment problem? So i could stop changing kernel or Rom.

---------- Post added at 03:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 AM ----------

I think the problem with your hotspot. May be it's not correctly set. Try if you can change the bandwidth of your router to 40MHz. Or the best choice would be to change the access point and leave the phone alone for a few hours. And look how it goes.
thanks,
I live in student accommodation and use public wifi... so it is impossible to change it.

But I have another device, samsung galaxy note3. Under the same network condition, note3 is much better.
only 2%.battery lose in 8 hours standby, with wifi 3g on.

so.... I think maybe something wrong with the wifi driver in OP5, and see someone have the same problem.

BTW, XiaoMi 6 probably have the same problem, have see someone complain about it. Maby that is Qualcomm 835's problem? I am not sure.:confused:

3DSammy

May 5, 2011
Toronto
Has anyone come up with display color profiles for the OP5?
On my Nexus 5 using the Franco Kernel there were color profiles I applied, using the FK Manager, that definitively enhanced the look of the display. I had read that the people who made those profiles had specialized display HW and software to see what needed to be changed to achieve those improvements.

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
Has anyone come up with display color profiles for the OP5?
On my Nexus 5 using the Franco Kernel there were color profiles I applied, using the FK Manager, that definitively enhanced the look of the display. I had read that the people who made those profiles had specialized display HW and software to see what needed to be changed to achieve those improvements.

Just change the settings until you find a setup that you enjoy. There's a "stock" profile there so you can simply apply it to reset everything if you're not satisfied with what you've done.

Reactions: 3DSammy

chazarss

Jul 18, 2013
Istanbul
OnePlus 7 Pro
Thx for reply. Just wanna know wheather wifi drain is a real problem, (Maybe Qualcomm wifi driver issur) or just a case or network environment problem? So i could stop changing kernel or Rom.

---------- Post added at 03:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 AM ----------

You and all other guys who experienced wifi battery drain problem, go settings in wifi section and disable 'scan always available'. You will see the result

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all.

Compatibility:
    Builds from r1 up to r12 are for Android 7.1.1 Nougat OxygenOS based roms only.
    Builds from r13 are for Android 8.0.0 Oreo OxygenOS based roms only.
    Builds starting with r18 work with Android 8.1.0 Custom roms.
    Builds starting with r28 up to r32 work with OxygenOS 5.1.0 Android 8.1.0
    Builds starting with r33 work with OxygenOS 5.1.5 Android 8.1.0
    Builds starting with r40 are for OxygenOS 9.0 Android Pie.
    Builds starting with r44 are also available for custom roms such as LineageOS.

Download:
    https://francokernel.app

Installation:
    Flash the zip in your recovery
    or
    Auto-flash from FK Kernel Manager app, it's magical

Changelog:
    https://francokernel.app
    Scroll down, choose your device & select the latest release to see the changelog.

Source:
    https://github.com/franciscofranco/OP5-5T-unified

Follow me on socials for updates and interesting tidbits
    Twitter[/URL

FK Kernel Manager video
    [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARdNqh71D0E

Disclaimer to moderators:
    Slight OT is fine, but when users decide to act stupid they should be dealt with with the appropriate means - its really annoying for me when OT turns crazy. Please put the warning/ban hammer anytime any of you think there's lack of respect and/or too much unwanted OT crap - but if it doesn't meet this criteria let the OT posts alone. Thank you.

Cheers!
    As usual there's a large focus on battery life. F2FS is upstreamed to the latest version and I spent a couple days single picking useful commits from Qualcomm's repository with fixes and power consumption improvements.

You should see an improvement in battery life.
    Happy new year! I'll release FK for Oreo tomorrow!
    Hey all! As maybe some of you know I got married at the start of July so of course Android went to the sidelines. Now that I'm back let's catch up and have some fun together! r32 is out with all the updates you need. And you know it, you can auto-flash with my app http://get.franciscofranco.xyz

Support for open betas with Treble will go out tomorrow, it's late and I haven't tested it as much as I'd like.

I hope ya'll doing great :)
    Anyway, pushed r16. It's a 100% rebased Kernel on top of a clean stock + latest CAF stage + upstream 4.4.112 from Flash Kernel's base with all my commits & work on top. It's compatible with stock OxygenOS and the latest Open Beta 4.
    You can auto-flash with my app if you're on the beta channel http://get.franciscofranco.xyz
    or just download the zip from the OP and flash.

This is a major, MAJOR release.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone