[KERNEL][OPO] FrancoKernel - r57 - 16th September - LineageOS 15.1 custom roms

Search This thread

samuk190

Jun 9, 2013
santo andré
If you are capable of hooking up the hardware, then compiling the kernel with the drivers for the radio should be easy... I'm sure there is how to and tutorials around forum compiling android kernels..

my father is engineer not compilant of kernel.

---------- Post added at 04:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 AM ----------

and is easy to connect headphone to fm receiver , see tutorials in youtube about motorola chipset how connect fm receiver in headphone

slamdunksaliby

Jan 13, 2013
Hi I just purchased this wonderful device but am not new to the kernel...just curious what the best settings are for 7 plus hours of on screen time?...thanks in advance!

Tzfardaya

Sep 22, 2012
Calgary
Hi I just purchased this wonderful device but am not new to the kernel...just curious what the best settings are for 7 plus hours of on screen time?...thanks in advance!
No such thing as "best settings" what works to get me 6-7 hrs sot might only get you 5... To many variables.. Radio connection type, strength and quality. Apps used. Dalvik vs art. Xposed. Etc, etc, etc...

I usually get close to 7 hrs a day, using vomer tweaks modified to my tastes.... Tasker to Control radios, greenify and bbs to track and control wakelocks...

Reactions: slamdunksaliby

slamdunksaliby

Jan 13, 2013
No such thing as "best settings" what works to get me 6-7 hrs sot might only get you 5... To many variables.. Radio connection type, strength and quality. Apps used. Dalvik vs art. Xposed. Etc, etc, etc...

I usually get close to 7 hrs a day, using vomer tweaks modified to my tastes.... Tasker to Control radios, greenify and bbs to track and control wakelocks...
OK thanks for the feedback! Last question haha is dalvik or art smoother and is art stable enough to switch?...also does setting performance to "power saving" help battery a lot on the stock kernel? Thanks in advance :)

shaker2k

Jun 6, 2011
winnipeg,mb
I've gotten close to that with vomer tweaks. That's with mixed lte/h+, location on (battery saving) and google now anywhere active.
I don't do anything to intensive. Just browsing xda, google plus, Knights of pen and paper and some reading on google play books.
Oh also I leave bluetooth and WiFi on, plus sync is on.

Reactions: slamdunksaliby

slamdunksaliby

Jan 13, 2013
I've gotten close to that with vomer tweaks. That's with mixed lte/h+, location on (battery saving) and google now anywhere active.
I don't do anything to intensive. Just browsing xda, google plus, Knights of pen and paper and some reading on google play books.
Oh also I leave bluetooth and WiFi on, plus sync is on.
Hmm good to know...should go and search for vomer tweaks haha since two already mentioned it....I already use greenify and unbounce as well

Reactions: shaker2k

mark manning

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Apr 7, 2010
Nusquam et ubique
Hi all,

I just cleaned up a conversation that is absolutely not allowed on XDA. Next time you all feel that you need to post off topic junk like that please don't or take it to the off topic forum.

Also, please consider this a warning to all of you that were involved in said conversation. If I have to come back and clean off topic like this again, you all will not like the outcome..... Franco has made it very clear that you guys need to keep the threads on track.

Thread cleaned

Reactions: pandasa123

Gorerotic

Jun 1, 2013
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
I'm on r20 with Mahdi 09/17 and still experiencing a huge idle drain, even in airplane mode (26ma) and 36ma on wifi. This sums up to about 1% battery/H, while having no major wakelocks and 99,5% deep sleep.
Running out of options trying to find a solution for this, since this seems to be a problem for some users, while others have no issues :(

On normal usage, this Kernel is performing great and i'm constantly getting 6hrs+ per 20hr day on mobile network:good:

Reactions: osmosizzz

thespeed

Aug 8, 2009
Great kernel.

Anyone else having problems with r20?
I had problems that if i turn the screen on (power button) and then unlock my
phone (swiping with Hole theme) my screen is going black.
After a while after a lot of tries i manage to open the apps drawer.

I am on the original 33R rom.
The problem disappeared on r20.
r19 also looks faster when i press the power button while it's a sleep.

rlex

Sep 23, 2011
lex.io
With r20 i got problem with touch panel - sometimes (pretty often, i must say) short touch got identified as "hold". Annoying.
All fine on r19.

Last edited:

thespeed

Aug 8, 2009
Great kernel.

Anyone else having problems with r20?
I had problems that if i turn the screen on (power button) and then unlock my
phone (swiping with Hole theme) my screen is going black.
After a while after a lot of tries i manage to open the apps drawer.

Well it's not the kernel. I found out that it's the magnet of my OnePlus One flip cover. If you place the flap behind the phone and you place the phone on a metal surface then the screen will go off. At my work they have metal computer desks. I also tried it on a metal locker and there it also locks.

Fra8

May 23, 2013
with the last two versions of the problems to touch me often have increased more than 1 touch I do not detect and are forced to restart, the r17 was perfect with the touch

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all.

Compatibility:
    Builds until r44 are for CyanogenOS 5.1.1 YOG7DASK1 only.
    Builds starting with r45 are for Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 CyanogenOS. Currently r45 is the last release compatible with COS 6.0.1.
    Builds starting with r46 are compatible with Android Nougat 7.1.2 LineageOS and roms built from its sources.
    Builds starting with r56 are compatible with Android Oreo 8.1 LineageOS and roms built from its sources.

Download:
    https://francokernel.app

Installation:
    Flash the zip in your recovery
    or
    Auto-flash from Franco Kernel Updater app

Features:
    1 - Legendary battery life
    2 - Flash & forget
    3 - Typical interfaces like display adjustments, sound control, vibration control, and all that boring stuff
    4 - Bypasses the verified boot flag for Android Pay compatibility (root still breaks Android Pay but that's your own problem)
    5 - Idle power consumption reduced to the absolute minimum (if you have wakelocks from 3rd party apps you're obviously on your own)
    6 - Support for FKUpdater's Performance Profiles
    7 - Magical support, I'm here every day, checking posts almost hourly, ready to help anytime (well, unless you fail to read the OP, which contains most info you need)
    8 - Seemless integration with my app FKUpdater
    9 - All cores are unlocked and unshackled. Mimicking other SD801 devices all cores are online and hit idle states when they don't have tasks running, instead of going offline. Performance is greatly improved because all cores are readily available when needed
    10 - Some famous wakelocks are blocked and disabled by default for maximum battery life through out the day
    11 - No crap placebo patches, or "magical" optimizations
    12 - Probably more, check my github for all the details - the code speaks for itself

Changelog:
    https://francokernel.app
    Scroll down, choose your device & select the latest release to see the changelog.

Source:
    https://github.com/franciscofranco/bacon

Follow me on the interwebs
    Google+
    Twitter

Google+ FK community
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/117966512071636110546

Kernel Manager for Franco Kernel demo

Disclaimer to moderators:
    Slight OT is fine, but when users decide to act stupid they should be dealt with with the appropriate means - its really annoying for me when OT turns crazy. Please put the warning/ban hammer anytime any of you think there's lack of respect and/or too much unwanted OT crap - but if it doesn't meet this criteria let the OT posts alone. Thank you.

Cheers!
    Here's r40. Sorry for taking a bit, I've been extremely busy, finding a hard time managing everything while maintaining some sort of mental sanity:

* Improvement! Merged the latest patches from CM
    * Improvement! Fix issues with recent nightlies, including missing double tap to wake
    * Improvement! Merged the rest of the memory routines optimizations from Motorola
    * Improvement! Improved the behavior of very sudden cpu load increases on my Hotplug driver
    * Improvement! Fine tuned some of Conservative's settings
    * Improvement! Decreased load_average
    * Improvement! Merged a round of fixes from upstream, including security enhancements
    Pushed r35 syncing with CM's repo and merged a patch for interactive's responsiveness. Enjoy the new Wi-Fi driver and newer TouchPanel driver! Happy new year!
    Hey guys, r39's in da house!

* r39
    * Improvement! Merged the latest patches from CM
    * Improvement! Merged the new full display color adjustments (including saturation, contrast and hue). They'll be available to mess with from FKUpdater starting next update. Path: /sys/devices/platform/kcal_ctrl.0
    * Improvement! Added Krait memcpy and memmove optimizations from Motorola. Benchmarks on pre-after patch are on the commit on my github
    * Improvement! Merged some cpu task scheduler patches from upstream
    * Improvement! Fixed a bug that could limit max cpu frequency to 1GHz after a screen on/off cycle
    * Improvement! My cat can now cry of joy after seeing MKBHD's video about the One Plus One featuring franco.Kernel
    Nice work... why does title say N5?

Because I'm a moron and didn't fix my copy/pasta :victory: