[KERNEL][OPO] FrancoKernel - r57 - 16th September - LineageOS 15.1 custom roms

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
Do you think I can ask you if you can post your settings.... love the fact you got an extra hour out it... and want to match the settings you have. TIA
My settings is the ones I ship the Kernel with.

Ok I understand , but you are going to notify him about this issue, right? It's some comparision between CM and Color OS:

Left - ColorOs, Right - CM 11s. David S. says that it can be corrected via Hue setting, of course, it's a lie. It's not possible to disable this yellowish on CM via CM hue settings.

Original thread: http://forums.oneplus.net/threads/re-yellow-screen.40239/

When should we expect Supercurio can look at this? Don't know about others, but I found this as real annoying issue.
Supercurio is aware.

Reactions: MICa.fighter

Wombat

Nov 6, 2004
Yes, you can. That's how I flashed it was through the app. The app detects what device it's installed on and gets the appropriate kernel to flash.
I just tried that on my OPO and it said unsupported and just exits...

Sent from my One using XDA Free mobile app

Moose0704

May 6, 2012
Hi all.

Download:
boot image:
http://kernels.franco-lnx.net/OnePlusOne/4.4/
zip:
http://kernels.franco-lnx.net/OnePlusOne/4.4/zips

Installation:
fastboot flash boot boot_name_img
or
flash the .zip in the recovery

Changelog:
http://kernels.franco-lnx.net/OnePlusOne/4.4/appfiles/changelog.xml

Source:
https://github.com/franciscofranco/one_plus_one

Got any questions that you couldn't find after searching?
FAQ: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2532422

Disclaimer to moderators:
Slight OT is fine, but when users decide to act stupid they should be dealt with with the appropriate means - its really annoying for me when OT turns crazy. Please put the warning/ban hammer anytime any of you think there's lack of respect and/or too much unwanted OT crap - but if it doesn't meet this criteria let the OT posts alone. Thank you.

Cheers!
Awesome! Thank you sir, so happy to see this here. cannot wait to get Mahdi going on the OnePlus One!

Reactions: majik8ball

shaker2k

Jun 6, 2011
winnipeg,mb
I was ready to give up on this phone until I saw Franco's review of it on g*. Decided to stick it out. I actually won one of the world Cup contests and just ordered it today. Very excited to get it and flash Franco's kernel!

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

I do have one question Franco. On the n5 you have always just ran stock which is of course right from google. Will the same apply to the OPO? Will you only run cm11s?
Thanks!

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
I was ready to give up on this phone until I saw Franco's review of it on g*. Decided to stick it out. I actually won one of the world Cup contests and just ordered it today. Very excited to get it and flash Franco's kernel!

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

I do have one question Franco. On the n5 you have always just ran stock which is of course right from google. Will the same apply to the OPO? Will you only run cm11s?
Thanks!
Yes same philosophy.

dmo580

Dec 29, 2009
@franciscofranco mind discussing what you changed in this compared to the stock kernel? I'm a big fan of your work having followed you on the N4 and N5 :)

Its not so much I need a reason to flash; more like just curiosity

Firekostas

Oct 4, 2012
Santorini
Now that's a hell of a reason to buy the Oneplus one! Just a quick question though, I've bought Fku when it was using my nexus 4 about 1.5 year ago. Should it buy it again or will i be able to use it again with the OPO?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
@franciscofranco mind discussing what you changed in this compared to the stock kernel? I'm a big fan of your work having followed you on the N4 and N5 :)

Its not so much I need a reason to flash; more like just curiosity
Basically stock Kernel was already performing good enough, but there were a couple things that could be improved:

1 - get rid of mpdecision and use my hotplug driver. mpdecision is too much of a overhead (you know it) and my driver is much more lightweight and doesn't online/offline cpu1 everytime you touch the screen
2 - changed the default interactive frequency chooser to use a more aggressive and more fair load calculation (courtesy of @stratosk). Obviously changing some of the default interactive tunables for better battery life
3 - cleaned up the Kernel from debug crap etc
4 - removed some overhead by disabling RUN_QUEUE_STATS which is meant for mpdecision
5 - removed overhead by removing a scheduler running thread average calculator (we don't use this)
6 - changed to deadline with a patch to make it more FIFO (first in first out for better read speed) - I'm not a fan of ROW
7 - added sound control capability (headphone, speaker and mic gain)
8 - merged all latest CM patches which fix a couple bugs like AC charging speed (was charging at USB rate...)
9 - enabled ULPS and partial_updates which mean that we're using extra power saving technics from the display panel
10 - cleaned up scheduler from get(put)_online_cpu calls to reduce overall load average and less stop points
11 - merged a deeper suspend state (SUSPEND_FREEZE)
12 - rest is mostly cherry-picks from upstream or Hammerhead Kernel for small improvements here and there (writeback, ipv4 mtu etc...)

Coming on r2 we'll have a more balanced timer_rate settings from interactive to improve battery life, merged conservative GPU governor from myfluxi because stock msm-adreno-tz is a little bit jumpy, and merged the latest CM Kernel patches.

For most users this is just buzzword crap, that's why I haven't wrote it before.

There!

Now that's a hell of a reason to buy the Oneplus one! Just a quick question though, I've bought Fku when it was using my nexus 4 about 1.5 year ago. Should it buy it again or will i be able to use it again with the OPO?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app
You can use FKU without buying it again obviously, I'm no weasel :)

Last edited:

SleemLDJ

Nov 11, 2011
London
I have an installation question guys.
I have rooted my device in such a way that I didn't install a recovery. I only booted into recovery to root the device so that I can receive ota updates from cyanogen.

Will I be able to flash the r1 of Franco kernel with the kernel app (paid version) while I have stock recovery?

danger2u

Jan 24, 2010
@franciscofranco
can u confirm that the frontal speaker is louder or can be modified with ur kernel???
some users says that the volume when someone call them is very low in phone frontal speaker.
thanks

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

i don t think so.
u must have a modified recovery to flash the kernel

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
I have an installation question guys.
I have rooted my device in such a way that I didn't install a recovery. I only booted into recovery to root the device so that I can receive ota updates from cyanogen.

Will I be able to flash the r1 of Franco kernel with the kernel app (paid version) while I have stock recovery?
You don't need to change anything, just auto-flash from my app or fastboot on the bootloader.

@franciscofranco
can u confirm that the frontal speaker is louder or can be modified with ur kernel???
some users says that the volume when someone call them is very low in phone frontal speaker.
thanks

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

i don t think so.
u must have a modified recovery to flash the kernel
Dunno.

Reactions: farenteria

cybertlc

Dec 25, 2010
Flashed this kernel 2 days ago and everything was fine. Did a reboot today and immediately when it booted up WIFI wouldn't turn on (enabling the Wifi itself). Another reboot fixed this. From what I understand the enabling of Wifi is at the kernel level so I'm assuming this was an issue with this kernel. Like I said....a reboot fixed it and so far I've only had it happen once....but something to mention that I'll be keeping tabs on.

Reactions: danger2u

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
Flashed this kernel 2 days ago and everything was fine. Did a reboot today and immediately when it booted up WIFI wouldn't turn on (enabling the Wifi itself). Another reboot fixed this. From what I understand the enabling of Wifi is at the kernel level so I'm assuming this was an issue with this kernel. Like I said....a reboot fixed it and so far I've only had it happen once....but something to mention that I'll be keeping tabs on.
Wi-Fi stack is 100% stock, I didn't change a single line. That also happened to me once with 100% stock Kernel.