[KERNEL][OPO] FrancoKernel - r57 - 16th September - LineageOS 15.1 custom roms

Search This thread

sToRm1nG

kab00m

Mar 8, 2008
Milano
Hi,
After installing last lineageos, FK Manager doesn't show CPU Frequency list under CPU Manager settings.
I tried to reinstall, clear cache and settings (clear data), reinstall Kernel, without solve it.

Anyone have the same problem?

I have a OnePlus One, rooted with Magisk.
I reset the root permission too.
Naturally I'm using the FK, version r57.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190114-095841_FK_Kernel_Manager.png
    Screenshot_20190114-095841_FK_Kernel_Manager.png
    109.7 KB · Views: 1,147
Reactions: N34S

grinimark

Dec 29, 2009
Rohrbach
Hi,
After installing last lineageos, FK Manager doesn't show CPU Frequency list under CPU Manager settings.
I tried to reinstall, clear cache and settings (clear data), reinstall Kernel, without solve it.

Anyone have the same problem?

I have a OnePlus One, rooted with Magisk.
I reset the root permission too.
Naturally I'm using the FK, version r57.

Thanks in advance.

Hi
I have the same issue. Basically no problem because I don't change anything but I noticed there is no way to choose other then max value.

OPO, TUGAPOWER P8, Android pie, Argon kernel 10.2

Sent from my OnePlus One using XDA Labs

LTMendarynas7

Feb 26, 2013
Klaipeda
I was reading all the problems you guys have with this kernel and thought giving a shot..well, I used it since January 2nd(ish) with official LOS. Updated it only when monthly security patches were merged into LOS. I have faced 0 issues with r57. Battery life was great, charging speed was fine, even my (almost) 5yo battery can hold whole day with proper usage.

hiimram

Nov 19, 2018
HI, My friend is using Oneplus one and having the Cyanogen OS 13.1.2 ZNH2KAS3P0. What kernel should be installed on this. Can you please provide me the Exact version and link. Charging is very slow it seems . Thanks

Mustkeg

Jan 2, 2012
Hi everybody,
when I install r57 on the latest official LOS16, I only get a black screen after bootup decryption.
Could it be a baseband issue? I'm on .4.0.1.c7-00013-M8974AAAAANAZM-1 since 15.1, at least.
Did anyone of you manage to run r57 on LOS16?

vicky2131

Dec 4, 2013
*Manchester of South India*
Good news, Francisco will work on the kernel to make it compatible with latest LOS again. :)

XrqZgI3.png

In the meantime, I'll change my review.
I had asked @franciscofranco few months back on twitter about an update for the OnePlus one since r57 was not working with latest lineage os 16 and got the same reply. I had paid for the app and atleast expect it to work. I did not complain via play store since it would bring him a bad review. I know he has been doing a great job for various devices but it would be great if he can update the kernel.

Last edited:

CptShiner

Jan 8, 2020
Wallpaper Issue

Hey there,

Looks like I'm a bit late to the game here but I finally updated my OPO to the newest Lineage (started with the 2020-01-07 nightly build of 16.0 and tried it with the 2020-01-08 one as well), Magisk 20.2 and FrancoKernel r57. Phone is also encrypted. Bought the FK Kernel Manager app to support the work of FranciscoFranco too.
Looking to tweak mainly my CPU and GPU frequencies to squeeze a bit more life out of this old workhorse. So far everything but one minor issue is looking good. The minor issue is wallpaper based. For some reason, I can't change my Home screen wallpaper no matter what method I use. The lock screen wallpaper seems to work but the home screen one never changes from the default wallpaper. Even manually changing the wallpaper file in /data/system/users/0/ doesn't do the trick. The wallpaper file is there but it doesn't seem to be reading it properly.

Problem happens after flashing the FrancoKernel. At first, I flashed through TWRP 3.3.1-0 and thought that a manual flash might be the issue. When today's Lineage nightly came out, I manually updated Lineage through TWRP (Lineage updater in OS seems to be wonky with encryption and Magisk keep alive script). Everything came up ok and my old wallpaper showed up again. I went to check the FK Kernel Manager and it said kernel was no longer installed (as expected). Ran the flash from inside the app this time and it generated no errors so I rebooted. Phone came back up with the default wallpaper and can no longer change it again.

Is anyone else having this issue? I mean I know this phone is getting long in the tooth but I figured it'd be worth asking anyways.

Ramshulin

Jan 20, 2020
Málaga
Hello guys, I installed FrancoKernel r57 on Oneplus One (BACON) With "AOSP Arrow OS Pie 9.0.0_r44 2019-10-16" and i have a problem.

The phone works fine, but i cant change my wallpaper, i tried two apps "wallpapers-google" and "walpy" In the app appear the wallpapper choosed like active, but in the home page i have a standard wallpaper.
Anyone can help me?

Thanks

Timmmmaaahh!

Forum Moderator
Staff member
  • Sep 11, 2012
    Bruges
    Hello guys, I installed FrancoKernel r57 on Oneplus One (BACON) With "AOSP Arrow OS Pie 9.0.0_r44 2019-10-16" and i have a problem.

The phone works fine, but i cant change my wallpaper, i tried two apps "wallpapers-google" and "walpy" In the app appear the wallpapper choosed like active, but in the home page i have a standard wallpaper.
    Anyone can help me?

Thanks

Tried another launcher? Which one are you using now?

Reactions: Ramshulin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Hi all.

Compatibility:
      Builds until r44 are for CyanogenOS 5.1.1 YOG7DASK1 only.
      Builds starting with r45 are for Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 CyanogenOS. Currently r45 is the last release compatible with COS 6.0.1.
      Builds starting with r46 are compatible with Android Nougat 7.1.2 LineageOS and roms built from its sources.
      Builds starting with r56 are compatible with Android Oreo 8.1 LineageOS and roms built from its sources.

Download:
      https://francokernel.app

Installation:
      Flash the zip in your recovery
      or
      Auto-flash from Franco Kernel Updater app

Features:
      1 - Legendary battery life
      2 - Flash & forget
      3 - Typical interfaces like display adjustments, sound control, vibration control, and all that boring stuff
      4 - Bypasses the verified boot flag for Android Pay compatibility (root still breaks Android Pay but that's your own problem)
      5 - Idle power consumption reduced to the absolute minimum (if you have wakelocks from 3rd party apps you're obviously on your own)
      6 - Support for FKUpdater's Performance Profiles
      7 - Magical support, I'm here every day, checking posts almost hourly, ready to help anytime (well, unless you fail to read the OP, which contains most info you need)
      8 - Seemless integration with my app FKUpdater
      9 - All cores are unlocked and unshackled. Mimicking other SD801 devices all cores are online and hit idle states when they don't have tasks running, instead of going offline. Performance is greatly improved because all cores are readily available when needed
      10 - Some famous wakelocks are blocked and disabled by default for maximum battery life through out the day
      11 - No crap placebo patches, or "magical" optimizations
      12 - Probably more, check my github for all the details - the code speaks for itself

Changelog:
      https://francokernel.app
      Scroll down, choose your device & select the latest release to see the changelog.

Source:
      https://github.com/franciscofranco/bacon

Follow me on the interwebs
      Google+
      Twitter

Google+ FK community
      https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/117966512071636110546

Kernel Manager for Franco Kernel demo

Disclaimer to moderators:
      Slight OT is fine, but when users decide to act stupid they should be dealt with with the appropriate means - its really annoying for me when OT turns crazy. Please put the warning/ban hammer anytime any of you think there's lack of respect and/or too much unwanted OT crap - but if it doesn't meet this criteria let the OT posts alone. Thank you.

Cheers!
      Here's r40. Sorry for taking a bit, I've been extremely busy, finding a hard time managing everything while maintaining some sort of mental sanity:

* Improvement! Merged the latest patches from CM
      * Improvement! Fix issues with recent nightlies, including missing double tap to wake
      * Improvement! Merged the rest of the memory routines optimizations from Motorola
      * Improvement! Improved the behavior of very sudden cpu load increases on my Hotplug driver
      * Improvement! Fine tuned some of Conservative's settings
      * Improvement! Decreased load_average
      * Improvement! Merged a round of fixes from upstream, including security enhancements
      Pushed r35 syncing with CM's repo and merged a patch for interactive's responsiveness. Enjoy the new Wi-Fi driver and newer TouchPanel driver! Happy new year!
      Hey guys, r39's in da house!

* r39
      * Improvement! Merged the latest patches from CM
      * Improvement! Merged the new full display color adjustments (including saturation, contrast and hue). They'll be available to mess with from FKUpdater starting next update. Path: /sys/devices/platform/kcal_ctrl.0
      * Improvement! Added Krait memcpy and memmove optimizations from Motorola. Benchmarks on pre-after patch are on the commit on my github
      * Improvement! Merged some cpu task scheduler patches from upstream
      * Improvement! Fixed a bug that could limit max cpu frequency to 1GHz after a screen on/off cycle
      * Improvement! My cat can now cry of joy after seeing MKBHD's video about the One Plus One featuring franco.Kernel
      Nice work... why does title say N5?

Because I'm a moron and didn't fix my copy/pasta :victory:
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone