[KERNEL][OPX][LineageOS] FrancoKernel - r11 - 12th Dec

Search This thread

LolHacker17

Sep 21, 2014
I have installed this kernel two days ago and I just want to share that I have had no crashes whatsoever. I had to research what kernels were and why they can be replaced. I felt that with the original kernel that was installed on my device, the battery was slurping too much juice. I am satisfied with this kernel. I have charged my phone this morning and I have had it on standby for 11 hours. Mind you, I have my phone in 'efficiënt' mode and I use my phone for texting, calling and the occasional Facebook post. Not a hardcore user. Thank you Franco!

(running the latest LineageOS built)

ur setup ? or u use the original kernel setup when u flash this kernel?

johnjohnyjohn

Jul 5, 2017
probably a dumb question, but do we need the app to get the most out of the kernel ?
or does it come already nicely configured ?

Wagner.B

May 13, 2016
Legendary battery life

Oh jeah!
I've got the 5 as a new phone - and the X if something is happening to the phone. ( does anyone know, is the insurance from OnePlus the money worth? nvm)
But just out of curiosity i changed the kernel to MINIMAL settings.
It's now a more like Nokia 3310, a little bit dumb but the battery won't die on me. 3 days to go 11 over.this is Legendary battery life.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170712-092706.png
    Screenshot_20170712-092706.png
    154 KB · Views: 510

jstsmblaz

Dec 1, 2015
Does data while roaming works with this kernel? There was a hint on lineage opx forum the kernel can be the solution...

Poslano z mojega ONE E1003 z uporabo Tapatalk

Bigmacro

Jun 10, 2016
Ljungby
I installer version 9 and after that it says that I do not have Root?
But i had root access before installation of r9?
So I installed latest lineage again with supersu and now I have root. But if I install R9 it disappears?
Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? R8 worked just fine?
I have Oneplus Onyx with Lineage 14.1 from 20170713.

/BigM

anunaym14

Apr 8, 2017
Pune | Jaipur
I installer version 9 and after that it says that I do not have Root?
But i had root access before installation of r9?
So I installed latest lineage again with supersu and now I have root. But if I install R9 it disappears?
Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? R8 worked just fine?
I have Oneplus Onyx with Lineage 14.1 from 20170713.

/BigM
Did you dirty flash Lineage ?
If yes, then you will have to flash kernel again ...!
Good Day!

Bigmacro

Jun 10, 2016
Ljungby
Hi!
Yes, I have tried that also but still it says that I do not have root access.
I just downloaded latest Lineage to Onyx (20170727) and still the same. I just cannot use FrancoKernel.
As soon as I reinstall Lineage and SuperSU everything works just fine again, I do not get this?
/BigM

Did you dirty flash Lineage ?
If yes, then you will have to flash kernel again ...!
Good Day!

anunaym14

Apr 8, 2017
Pune | Jaipur
Hi!
I just downloaded latest Lineage to Onyx (20170727) and still the same. I just cannot use FrancoKernel.
As soon as I reinstall Lineage and SuperSU everything works just fine again, I do not get this?
/BigM
Ashwin has changed a lot of stuff recently, that might have caused the problem.
I suggest you to try Arsenic Kernel ( Lineage Variant ) by @CheckYourScreen linked below,
https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-x/development/kernel-arsenic-kernel-r2-t3422020
You won't be disappointed :)

Reactions: Bigmacro

Razje

Sep 7, 2010
Hi!
/BigM

Hmm weird, I've just dirt flashed the new LOS, then boot.
After that flashed Franco kernel, then boot.
Flashed SuperSU.

All good.

(wiped cache/dalvik after every flash)

duro1120

Feb 9, 2015
Hi, I flashed FrancoKernel #8 from recovery and wanted to use the Manager-Updater, but when I open the app it says that my device is not supported :rolleyes:
I'm running LineageOS 7.1.2 nighly version on my OPX... what could I be doing wrong??

hgoor

Jan 7, 2005
Almeringrad
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Hi, I flashed FrancoKernel #8 from recovery and wanted to use the Manager-Updater, but when I open the app it says that my device is not supported :rolleyes:
I'm running LineageOS 7.1.2 nighly version on my OPX... what could I be doing wrong??

See opening post:

"Builds starting with r5 compatible with Android Nougat 7.1.1 LineageOS or roms built from LineageOS sources."

So it's NOT officially compatibel with 7.1.2..

Now: I have run it in the same config and I have already experience some bugs with this kernel in combination with 7.1.2. For instance "Livedisplay" will no longer come on based on sunrise/sunset. You have to do it manually...

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

Hi all.

Compatibility:
Builds starting with r5 compatible with Android Nougat 7.1.1 LineageOS or roms built from LineageOS sources.
Cheers!

Hi, I accidentally used r9 with LineageOS 4.1 7.1.2 and it worked more or less ;) Except the LiveDisplay stopped working automatically (based on time/location). Other than that I don't think I had a lot of issues (although I never checked any logs).

Any idea when r10 might be coming? I love your kernel and would really like to run it on this little gem called Oneplus X!

Thanks so much!

Reactions: mohan_moku

Top Liked Posts