[KERNEL][OPX][LineageOS] FrancoKernel - r11 - 12th Dec

Sytis

Mar 11, 2015
8 - No bull**** placebo patches, or "magical" optimizations
Actually I'm not really good at reading the source code, so maybe someone could help me a little. I don't currently have the OnePlus X at hand so I can't flash the kernel atm. What do you consider those "placebo patches" and what details like the toolchain used or compression is present? And as asked before what govenors and schedulers are implemented? (Actually I only hope for interactive and zen/maple) Yes you told me everything I need to know is in the OP, but I always want to know more than I need ;)

tarunyad

Jul 24, 2008
oh my! Franco on onyx thread ! i am just downgrading right away my opx to install oos and use his kernel, loved it on my nexus 7 2012 and nexus 5 .. only used franco's kerenel on those devices !

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
Greenify has this feature too right? Are they same? Sorry for ot.
I don't know Greenify's features.

I don't understand what you're asking. Use what where?
I am asking I wanna use your kernel in my port rom for that I need permission bro would be a great if you allow me to use

credits is always yours .[/QUOTE]

You can do whatever, it's open source.

Is root necessary before flashing this?
No.

Actually I'm not really good at reading the source code, so maybe someone could help me a little. I don't currently have the OnePlus X at hand so I can't flash the kernel atm. What do you consider those "placebo patches" and what details like the toolchain used or compression is present? And as asked before what govenors and schedulers are implemented? (Actually I only hope for interactive and zen/maple) Yes you told me everything I need to know is in the OP, but I always want to know more than I need ;)
Toolchain: stock
Governors: stock
IO schedulers: stock

W!ld

Dec 5, 2015
Phone stopped responding on R2 fk
Got the following​ error
Process not responding!
Nothing was working phone froze..
Hey Franco pls do something ..

Last edited:
Reactions: biaxialerzug

Aashay

Sep 19, 2014
I'm still experiencing some random reboots. And even battery drain issues. Last night my phone had 35% battery when I woke up my phone had rebooted and the battery was at 20%.

Reactions: biaxialerzug

spitzmk1

Dec 15, 2015
It takes ages to open the menu for shut down, restart or airplane mode when I long press power button. Yesterday I pressed to shutdown and it was stuck saying "android is going to shut down", I had to press the power button for like 10 seconds for a reboot.
Had one complete freezing when I ended a phone call and had to reboot. Just happened one time though.
There is a bit of a delay on the "physical" buttons, more when I press "back" button.
Navigating inside the apps like playstore has a considerable amount of lag, even though scroll is smooth.

pravakarthami

Oct 16, 2012
Darjeeling
It takes ages to open the menu for shut down, restart or airplane mode when I long press power button. Yesterday I pressed to shutdown and it was stuck saying "android is going to shut down", I had to press the power button for like 10 seconds for a reboot.
Had one complete freezing when I ended a phone call and had to reboot. Just happened one time though.
There is a bit of a delay on the "physical" buttons, more when I press "back" button.
Navigating inside the apps like playstore has a considerable amount of lag, even though scroll is smooth.
I'm not experiencing any single issue you have mentioned....

CertifiedBlyndGuy

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive Recognized Deve
Jun 11, 2014
Boulder
I'm still experiencing some random reboots. And even battery drain issues. Last night my phone had 35% battery when I woke up my phone had rebooted and the battery was at 20%.
Pull a log from /proc/last_kmsg. It's impossible to help otherwise. I can't reproduce this after he fixed sysrq. I can't imagine what it would be. I've had my device on for the last two days straight since R2s release

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

Okay... So @franciscofranco

There's another bug. Synaptics isn't working properly and is reporting 0 for tp_virtual_key_enable_write_func

I traced it back to our display driver and this was all I could find that could possibly cause the issue...

I think we unfortunately need this hack
https://github.com/franciscofranco/onyx/commit/f047e67dccd80de784fbc8f3eab57d8ed178f4a9

I'll have a look to see what Sultan has done with the function and try to fix it myself so that we don't have to put up with the additional logspam

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

I found the issue. I'll fix it in a moment

CertifiedBlyndGuy

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive Recognized Deve
Jun 11, 2014
Boulder
Hey guys, I have a test build for everyone here with simple ondemand fixed and a potential solution to the random reboots.

After looking at the driver, a fundamental read function was disabled during sleep, and it turns out that the virtual interface OP now relies on (I attempted to remove it entirely, but the display went bonkers) utilizes it too. This is a bug in all OOS 3 based kernels, and should be looked at appropriately. I'm not sure why it was exposed here.

Here's the kernel with the fix. I'm not sure FKM works properly with it or not as I don't currently own the app, but synaptics should be fixed for good. Before opening a PR again, I would like to have this tested for a bit. Running it as we speak

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jkipfb6rh5thtje/AAByoKI_ZYp0JU5aMlMvQVvsa?dl=0

Oh, and I also implemented high priority workqueue's into the synaptics driver. Latency seems to be decreased to a degree :)

Edit:

It works

Last edited:

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
New Franco Kernel version for the OnePlus X

r3
1. Merged some commits to fix a case that could lead into a Kernel panic
2. Added a workaround to prevent wlan wakelock from destroying your battery life
3. Added support for NFS and CIFS

zip: https://kernels.franco-lnx.net/OnePlusX/6.0.1/anyKernel/fk-r3-anykernel2.zip

Franco Kernel Manager & Updater is the best companion for this Kernel (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.franco.kernel)

If you don't (yet) have my full featured app you can always just download its free counter part which lets you seamlessly and automagically update Franco Kernel on your device. It's free and my cat approves! (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.franco.kernel.free)

I also strongly suggest you install Naptime (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.franco.doze), for free, to achieve the best battery life through out the day. Try it, you won't be disappointed!

Thanks to @CertifiedBlyndGuy for the pull requests.