• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [Kernel][Overclocked] No Gravity [Android-11][2021-09-02][ProtonClang]

Search This thread

Merowa

Sep 30, 2021
Thanks for the reply, does someone recommend a ROM to pair with? i just want performance and stability for gaming, and if possible avoid overheating

sintaxcz

Jul 19, 2011
Thanks for the reply, does someone recommend a ROM to pair with? i just want performance and stability for gaming, and if possible avoid overheating
Hello I have overheating on MIUI and lot of problems then i switched to Havoc OS and there everything looks perfect for gaming (even OS gamemode app) and kernell but cant pass SafetyNet here tried all safetynet fiexes and installed every magisk modules i found but nothning helps for me Havoc OS = No GPay = switched to ArrowOS here everything works and SafetyNet magisk Fix works here and kernell works here without issues but only thing i missing (or im blind and cant find) is OS gamemode app (for special features when gaming - hide notifications/bar/buttons for accidental cliks etc.)

TioCareca

Last edited:

henriquehd97

Mar 15, 2014
Anyone running NGK + ArrowOS? I'm on it and I'm facing stutterings I didn't get on stock MIUI and stock kernel when gaming. Even on the most "aggressive" profile the FPS will drop a lot, far below the average it used to run at. Yet the phone gets hot af. Problem is that I haven't tested this kernel on stock MIUI so I don't know if this is caused either by NGK or ArrowOS. Benchmark comparisons also would be helpful if you guys have any.

brujo5

Feb 4, 2016
Anyone running NGK + ArrowOS? I'm on it and I'm facing stutterings I didn't get on stock MIUI and stock kernel when gaming. Even on the most "aggressive" profile the FPS will drop a lot, far below the average it used to run at. Yet the phone gets hot af. Problem is that I haven't tested this kernel on stock MIUI so I don't know if this is caused either by NGK or ArrowOS. Benchmark comparisons also would be helpful if you guys have any.
In arrow rom go to battery settings and find thermal throtling then set gaming profile for each game. After that change profile in ngk app for the one you want.
the most agressive profile give me full speed in heavy games for dolphin and damonps2 emulators.

Reactions: henriquehd97

henriquehd97

Mar 15, 2014
In arrow rom go to battery settings and find thermal throtling then set gaming profile for each game. After that change profile in ngk app for the one you want.
the most agressive profile give me full speed in heavy games for dolphin and damonps2 emulators.
Thanks for your advice! Gonna try it right now.

Forgot to say I really liked NGK app despite anything!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ofc it is, but when i see that manufacturers implement it at stock roms, it makes me wonder if it's time for this feature 😅.
    But you are developer and you know better 😁
    Yea no prob' just know that miui also mention 20x more render processing power in their OS changelogs😅
    I think the same, for now my 6GB ram is enough, but @Pachenko_Gr was asking for it, so i got him the info, still i would like to see how xiaomi will implement that expansion (swap) it may be usefull for older/low end phoned...
    Same as any desktop, remember when pc was super slow when ram was filled up before? Thats because it did swap on internal storage which back then was hdd and still on ssd isnt fast but clearly better than the hdd swap.. you literally never wanted swap to happen else you pc would freeze entirely for seconds. Of course flash is now faster and faster.
    Love your work man!!! Gj!!!
    Although I have a question, most manufacturers are adding extra virtual ram, is it possible for someone to implement it or is it impossible?
    Love your work man!!! Gj!!!
    Although I have a question, most manufacturers are adding extra virtual ram, is it possible for someone to implement it or is it impossible?
    Just enable it in your favorite kernel manager and it will work. For me its useless as it can already handle all my apps and zram uses bit of cpu power, but yea if you want more/bigger apps to stay alive in background you can manually enable it. Make sure apply on boot is enabled cause it will reset on every reboot.
    NoGravityKernel

K8EYuPK.jpg

FKkAugz.jpg

No Gravity Kernel 1.0.0 + 4.3 App Trailer

Hey, NoGravity Kernel dev coming from the good old Pocophone F1 here! I've graduated with a bachelor degree in computer science and I actually work as a C# programmer. I've worked on OnePlus 2, Pocophone F1 and Mi 8 already, first one is discontinued but I still give updates for the 2 others. Welp, I've lost my F1 which is the reason I'm here, on this slightly newer kernel 4.9=>4.14. NGK's mindset is Performance/smoothness while getting decent battery life due to added battery oriented features.

(Scroll down for Telegram Group link where I'll be most of the time)

For those who want a to know more about my work here is the link to NoGravity Kernel for OnePlus 2 & to NoGravity Kernel for Pocophone F1 / Mi 8.

iaHQ9D3.jpg

The Kernel will boot using Balance Profile when Magisk is present. Other profiles for battery, performance and gaming can be switched to in my app.

ApF0jYF.jpg

To tweak the kernel easily, here's my No Gravity app! featuring custom profiles (Battery, Balanced, Performance and Gaming & Gaming+). My app offers some device specific features that can't be found in other kernel tweaking apps. You can find them lower in the thread.)

3f8hs78.jpg

-No Gravity app! support
    -Compiled with Proton Clang + O3 + Polly + LTO optimizations
    -NGK Thermal locking mechanism*
    -Thermal driver optimizations
    -F2FS & UFS optimizations (Rapid GC / UFS Boost / Samsung Write boost)
    -2133MHz DDR Bus
    -GPU UC/OC : 192MHz / 692MHz
    -CPU Input boost driver instead of CPU boost
    -Enabled WALT, disabled PELT
    -Using Big and Prime clusters for specific performance critical events
    -Devfreq boosting for various events like app opening
    -Touchscreen drivers optimizations
    -Updated Touchscreen firmware
    -Optional Sultan's PID shrink
    -250Hz kernel interrupt rate
    -Disabled ZRAM by default
    -Exposed vibrator strength
    -DTS Eagle software driver
    -Boeffla Wakelock Blocker v1.1.0
    -Sound Control
    -USB Fast Charging
    -Added Powersaving flags to panel
    -AdrenoBoost
    -Various GPU & libs optimizations
    -VDSO for better 32 bit performance
    -sdFAT v2.4.5
    -Added ZEN I/O Scheduler & used by default
    -Added SQRT freq selection algo to schedutil
    -Added BBR and WESTWOOD TCP Congestion protocols
    -Using Westwood as default with FQ_Codel for better bandwidth use
    -Removed many debugging stuffs
    -Merged in latest CAF Tags
    -Always upstreamed to latest (4.14.245)
    -And many more under the hood changes & optimizations

xCkEUzV.jpg

-Injected sepolicies to work on Enforcing SELinux
    -Kernel & App update checker (Direct install of kernel and app)
    -Balance(Default),Performance,Battery,Gaming & Gaming+ Profiles (QSTile available)
    -Custom Profile Creator Page that let's you create and share profiles with the NGK community (/SDCARD/NGK/PROFILES/)
    -Precise CPU temperature for each Clusters separately
    -CPU Page with following tunables:
    -CPU Governor
    -CPU Frequency Selection Algorithm (Linear/Exponential)
    -CPU Min/Max Frequencies
    -Input boost
    -NGK Stats Page showing last gaming session FPS+ Chart, battery drain, avg CPU temps & avg Battery temps, toggle for enabling NGK Stats Overlay displaying FPS and following optional features:
    -CPU Temps/Freqs
    -GPU Temps/Freqs
    -Battery Temps/Percentage
    -RAM usage
    -Kernel Page to let you control:
    -App optimization (ART) Button
    -Thermals:
    NoGravity (NGK’s default) || Battery || Stock one
    -Sultan PID read optimizations
    -GPU Page:
    -GPU Stats
    -Max GPU Freq Selector
    -KLapse (Brightness and Daytime modes)
    -Backlight Dimmer
    -HDR ON/OFF toggle
    -Adrenoboost
    -Proximity Gestures Switch to pulse ambient dispay on Hand Wave
    -Pick-Up Gesture Switch to pulse ambient display when device is taken
    -Pixel 3 Flip to Shhh feature
    -DTS Eagle (Sound) Info Page
    -More will be added...

fmrRVKR.jpg

-More features...
    -Let me know what you want and those may be added!

pmhT9VH.jpg

This kernel should work on any ROM & MIUI!

v0BMu0X.jpg

-I recommend before coming to conclusion, give it at least 2 complete charge cycles and then raise any issue.
    - I recommend to use my app, franco app or EX Kernel Manager if you need to tweak the kernel further

LBRCN7g.jpg

-Flash No_Gravity_Kernel-vX.X.zip file in TWRP (Latest TWRP Recovery Recommanded)
    -(Optional) - Clear cache and Dalvik => if you do so, Use App Optimization button in NGK App to regenerate ART or let device charge at idle at 100% for some time (that's when android runs optimizations).

Download No gravity Kernel / Download No Gravity App

Donate me! / Telegram Group /
    No Gravity App Changelog / No Gravity Kernel Changelog

0tAsweM.jpg

-The android community and to all my testers for using my kernel and your precious feedbacks and ideas!.

Contributors
    Pierre2324
    Source: https://github.com/Pierre2324/NGK_android_kernel_xiaomi_sm2150
    Version Information
    Stable
    Current Version: 1.0.0
    Created: 2021-09-02
    Last Updated: 2021-09-02
    Changelog
    NoGravity Kernel v1.0.0
    xOvCwxe.png

NoGravity Kernel App v4.3.0
    B4dGV9y.png

Previous Changelogs:

I think the same, for now my 6GB ram is enough, but @Pachenko_Gr was asking for it, so i got him the info, still i would like to see how xiaomi will implement that expansion (swap) it may be usefull for older/low end phoned...
    Same as any desktop, remember when pc was super slow when ram was filled up before? Thats because it did swap on internal storage which back then was hdd and still on ssd isnt fast but clearly better than the hdd swap.. you literally never wanted swap to happen else you pc would freeze entirely for seconds. Of course flash is now faster and faster.
    For everyone who think they are having temperature issues just set stock thernals in ngk app or battery (from kernel page).

A guy on MIUI was getting temp warning playing genshin, going stock thermal profile removed the warning.
    You had any of my supported device before x3pro?
    yes i have poco f1, mi 8 and x3 pro! I follow your work for years!