Development [Kernel][Overclocked] No Gravity [2023-08-28][ProtonClang]

Search This thread

_RusJJ_

Aug 14, 2018
Hmm never did anything with ttl whats that feature?
A feature to lock your TTL at any value. For example, 64 (helps in internet sharing without restrictions, mobile operator won't ever detect it). Previously I've used the other kernel cuz NGK had no that thing, i think?
There's "TTL Master" on Google Play which can't get the TTL value because the kernel has no required... modules..?

Pierre2324

Recognized Developer
Oct 25, 2015
Canada
Moto G
OnePlus 2
A feature to lock your TTL at any value. For example, 64 (helps in internet sharing without restrictions, mobile operator won't ever detect it). Previously I've used the other kernel cuz NGK had no that thing, i think?
There's "TTL Master" on Google Play which can't get the TTL value because the kernel has no required... modules..?
will check

Pierre2324

Recognized Developer
Oct 25, 2015
Canada
Moto G
OnePlus 2
Hey everyone 😎

I'll be expending NoGravity Kernel & App development to more devices!
I've had a lot of requests for building NGK on devices using Snapdragon 865 & 870 (kona)

Some people told me they would support me doing a crowdfunding so I decided to create one.
This crowdfunding is to help me eventually get the device and be able to give faster updates, better development/support and make application development much easier/faster/with less bugs.

I just want to say that it's totally up to you to support my work here : Crowdfunding - https://www.gofundme.com/f/no-gravity-kernel-for-sd865-sd870-devices
or directly from: Paypal - http://paypal.me/pierre2324
(I'll add donations to the crowdfunding manually)
and I don't want you to feel forced to do so

Currently supported / going to be supported devices:
-Xiaomi Mi 10T / Redmi K30s
-Xiaomi Poco F3
-Xiaomi Poco F4
-OnePlus 8
-OnePlus 8 Pro
-Some other corresponding Xiaomi devices

Kernel already booted / doing heavy tests on some devices and is doing well (screenshots attached)

Attachments

• apollo.png
    apollo.png
    138.2 KB · Views: 70
  • record.png
    record.png
    194.5 KB · Views: 72
Reactions: Gabenoid

jharone23

Aug 18, 2013
im sorry noob question, can i flash ngk without root? and whats the advantage of flashing ngk with root?

Pierre2324

Recognized Developer
Oct 25, 2015
Canada
Moto G
OnePlus 2
NGK 3.1.0 Test build
Pierre2324_bat custom profile
(Can be found in telegram group)
120hz min/max
9h SOT - 2 Days of normal usage

Next update will be smoother ✨

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221129-181247_Paramètres.png
    Screenshot_20221129-181247_Paramètres.png
    124.9 KB · Views: 84
  • Screenshot_20221129-181240_Paramètres.png
    Screenshot_20221129-181240_Paramètres.png
    444.1 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: Gabenoid

Reckerr

Feb 26, 2012
3.0.1 hotfix saved me. I was wondering if my phone went bad. Fast charging would work for 25s then drop to 1800-2000mah maximum. I cleaned ports. Bought chargers.

So anyone else with fast charging issues. Or even pass through charging issues. Download 3.0.1

nikobadboy

Jan 12, 2012
Guys, can i use this kernel with PixelExperience_Plus_vayu-13.0 and how to flash it with twrp ? On android 13 this kernel must be flash it with orangefox only ? And one more thing: for PixelExperience_Plus_vayu-13.0 what kernel should i use from those:
X3PRO-11-12-13-NoGravityKernel-3.0.1.zip
3.0.1-miui-dtbo.img
3.0.1-miui-dtbo2.img
X3PRO-WINDOWS-NoGravityKernel-3.0.1.zip

I really don't know what are for those two ".img" files.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2013
Hi, i am using x3 pro since like 2 years and changed alot roms and kernels but ive been using NGK v2.2.x (best one i say) for quite a lot of time like 8 months played pubg on 10% plus charging and so on heavy tasks but, 2 weeks ago i updated it to latest version because of genshin joystick and yesterday on idle it was not charging after 70%, went to phone repair shop and he says charging IC is damaged. It shows its charging but not delivering current to battery.

Is there any way new kernel did this? also my mobile is always on battery saver option from app.

Naveenthemi

Guys, can i use this kernel with PixelExperience_Plus_vayu-13.0 and how to flash it with twrp ? On android 13 this kernel must be flash it with orangefox only ? And one more thing: for PixelExperience_Plus_vayu-13.0 what kernel should i use from those:
X3PRO-11-12-13-NoGravityKernel-3.0.1.zip
3.0.1-miui-dtbo.img
3.0.1-miui-dtbo2.img
X3PRO-WINDOWS-NoGravityKernel-3.0.1.zip

I really don't know what are for those two ".img" files.
Thanks.
i) Yes, this kernel should work with PE+ A13, I tested it on PE+ 12.1 and it worked just fine.
ii) No, not necessarily. OrangeFox is a recovery based on TWRP, the only issue you might face is regarding encrypted storage access. Flash it from the SD in case that's the issue.
iii) Flash the first zip file, i.e "X3PRO-11-12-13-NoGravityKernel-3.0.1.zip", the .img files are not needed for you.

Naveenthemi

Hi, i am using x3 pro since like 2 years and changed alot roms and kernels but ive been using NGK v2.2.x (best one i say) for quite a lot of time like 8 months played pubg on 10% plus charging and so on heavy tasks but, 2 weeks ago i updated it to latest version because of genshin joystick and yesterday on idle it was not charging after 70%, went to phone repair shop and he says charging IC is damaged. It shows its charging but not delivering current to battery.

Is there any way new kernel did this? also my mobile is always on battery saver option from app.
I think it's better you raise this as a separate topic under the Questions section, more likely to find a solution.

Reactions: Dark.Knight.Legend

Pierre2324

Recognized Developer
Oct 25, 2015
Canada
Moto G
OnePlus 2

Are you using any charging modules? X3pro is prone to having pmic issues. Charging hasn't been tweaked in NGK and no battery features are visible in ngk app for this phone for this reason. Your issue shouldnt be coming from the kernel itself.

Reactions: Dark.Knight.Legend
Aug 1, 2013
Are you using any charging modules? X3pro is prone to having pmic issues. Charging hasn't been tweaked in NGK and no battery features are visible in ngk app for this phone for this reason. Your issue shouldnt be coming from the kernel itself.
Thanks for letting me know and no i never used any charging module just NGK+NGK app and i always use company provided charger , maybe it was meant to die after ~2 years of usage.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am very happy with your kernel.

Is it possible to add option to auto change profiles when my battery is closer to 0%?

For example I am on balanced profile now and when my battery is going down to 15% my profile will auto change to battery?

That option would be great.

thanks.
    Will add to my notes
    NoGravityKernel

K8EYuPK.jpg

FKkAugz.jpg

No Gravity Kernel 1.0.0 + 4.3 App Trailer

Hey, NoGravity Kernel dev coming from the good old Pocophone F1 here! I've graduated with a bachelor degree in computer science and I actually work as a C# programmer. I've worked on OnePlus 2, Pocophone F1 and Mi 8 already, first one is discontinued but I still give updates for the 2 others. Welp, I've lost my F1 which is the reason I'm here, on this slightly newer kernel 4.9=>4.14. NGK's mindset is Performance/smoothness while getting decent battery life due to added battery oriented features.

(Scroll down for Telegram Group link where I'll be most of the time)

For those who want a to know more about my work here is the link to NoGravity Kernel for OnePlus 2 & to NoGravity Kernel for Pocophone F1 / Mi 8.

iaHQ9D3.jpg

The Kernel will boot using Balance Profile when Magisk is present. Other profiles for battery, performance and gaming can be switched to in my app.

ApF0jYF.jpg

To tweak the kernel easily, here's my No Gravity app! featuring custom profiles (Battery, Balanced, Performance and Gaming & Gaming+). My app offers some device specific features that can't be found in other kernel tweaking apps. You can find them lower in the thread.)

3f8hs78.jpg

-No Gravity app! support
    -Android 13 support
    -Compiled with Proton Clang + O3 + Polly + LTO optimizations
    -KernelSU support
    -NGK Thermal locking mechanism*
    -Thermal driver optimizations
    -F2FS & UFS optimizations (Rapid GC / UFS Boost / Samsung Write boost)
    -2133MHz DDR Bus
    -GPU UC/OC : 192MHz / 692MHz
    -GMU OC to 500MHz
    -CPU Input boost driver instead of CPU boost
    -Enabled WALT, disabled PELT
    -Using Big and Prime clusters for specific performance critical events
    -Devfreq boosting for various events like app opening
    -Touchscreen drivers optimizations
    -Updated Touchscreen firmware
    -Both 12.5.5 & 13.0.3 Touch FW are present and can be changed from NGK App
    -Optional Sultan's PID shrink
    -250Hz kernel interrupt rate
    -Disabled ZRAM by default
    -LZ4 ZRAM compression algorithm
    -Exposed vibrator strength
    -DTS Eagle software driver
    -Boeffla Wakelock Blocker v1.1.0
    -Sound Control
    -Kcal
    -High Brightness Mode
    -Content Adaptive Backlight Control
    -Dmming
    -USB Fast Charging
    -Added Powersaving flags to panel
    -AdrenoBoost
    -Various GPU & libs optimizations
    -VDSO for better 32 bit performance
    -sdFAT v2.4.5
    -Added ZEN I/O Scheduler & used by default
    -Added SQRT freq selection algo to schedutil
    -Added BBR and WESTWOOD TCP Congestion protocols
    -Using Westwood as default with FQ_Codel for better bandwidth use
    -Removed many debugging stuffs
    -Merged in latest CAF Tags
    -Always upstreamed to latest (4.14.332)
    -And many more under the hood changes & optimizations

xCkEUzV.jpg

-Monet theme adapting to your ROMs colors dynamically
    -Injected sepolicies to work on Enforcing SELinux
    -Kernel & App update checker (Direct install of kernel and app)
    -Balance(Default),Performance,Battery,Gaming & Gaming+ Profiles (QSTile available)
    -Custom Profile Creator Page that let's you create and share profiles with the NGK community (/SDCARD/NGK/PROFILES/)
    -Precise CPU temperature for each Clusters separately
    -Per-App Tweaks Page to load tweaks for specific apps
    -CPU Page with following tunables:
    -CPU Governor
    -CPU Frequency Selection Algorithm (Linear/Exponential)
    -CPU Min/Max Frequencies
    -Input boost
    -NGK Smart Throttling
    -NGK Stats Page showing last gaming session FPS+ Chart, throttling, battery drain, avg CPU temps & avg Battery temps, toggle for enabling NGK Stats Overlay displaying FPS and following optional features:
    -CPU Temps/Freqs
    -GPU Temps/Freqs
    -Battery Temps/Percentage
    -RAM usage
    -Kernel Page to let you control:
    -App optimization (ART) Button
    -Thermals:
    NoGravity (NGK’s default) || Battery || Stock one
    -Sultan PID read optimizations
    -ZRAM
    -GPU Page:
    -GPU Stats
    -Min/Max GPU Freq Selector
    -High Brightness Mode
    -Content Adaptive Backlight Control
    -Adrenoboost
    -Touchscreen firmware selector
    -Proximity Gestures Switch to pulse ambient dispay on Hand Wave
    -Pick-Up Gesture Switch to pulse ambient display when device is taken
    -Pixel 3 Flip to Shhh feature
    -DTS Eagle (Sound) Info Page
    -More will be added...

fmrRVKR.jpg

-More features...
    -Let me know what you want and those may be added!

pmhT9VH.jpg

This kernel should work on any ROM & MIUI!

v0BMu0X.jpg

-I recommend before coming to conclusion, give it at least 2 complete charge cycles and then raise any issue.
    - I recommend to use my app, franco app or EX Kernel Manager if you need to tweak the kernel further

LBRCN7g.jpg

-Flash No_Gravity_Kernel-vX.X.zip file in TWRP (Latest TWRP Recovery Recommanded)
    -(Optional) - Clear cache and Dalvik => if you do so, Use App Optimization button in NGK App to regenerate ART or let device charge at idle at 100% for some time (that's when android runs optimizations).

Download No gravity Kernel / Download No Gravity App

Donate me! / Telegram Group /
    No Gravity App Changelog / No Gravity Kernel Changelog

0tAsweM.jpg

-The android community and to all my testers for using my kernel and your precious feedbacks and ideas!.

Contributors
    Pierre2324
    Source: https://github.com/Pierre2324/NGK_android_kernel_xiaomi_sm8150
    Version Information
    Stable
    Current Version: 3.5.0
    Created: 2021-09-02
    Last Updated: 2023-08-28
    Changelog
    NoGravity Kernel v3.5.0 + App 6.5.0
    9NmO40V.png

Previous Changelogs:

NoGravity Kernel v3.4.0 + App 6.4.0
    4PAh1K1.png

NoGravity Kernel v3.3.0 + App 6.3.0
    vNChlkl.png

NoGravity Kernel v3.2.0 + App 6.2.0
    qKpoiAu.jpg

NoGravity Kernel v3.1.0 + App 6.1.0
    pocG9fh.png

NoGravity Kernel v3.0.1 Hotfix
    YYiF9c9.png

NoGravity Kernel v3.0.0 + App v6.0.0

PLCi7nV.jpg

NoGravity Kernel v2.2.1 + App v5.2.1
    c849Ar7.png

NoGravity Kernel v2.2.0 + App v5.2.0
    8dHllLu.png

NoGravity Kernel v2.1.0 + App v5.1.0
    kIHtMlH.png

NoGravity Kernel v2.0.0 + App v5.0.0
    Note: Custom Profile Creator page added
    BYGHptM.png

NoGravity Kernel v1.0.0
    xOvCwxe.png

NoGravity Kernel App v4.3.0
    B4dGV9y.png

Updates are out!

NGK App 5.2
    NGK 2.2

Featuring :
    -Per-App Tweaks Page
    -Dynamic Monet Theme + App Icon
    -And more...

Full Changelog in the screenshots below.
    Thread and changelog posts updated.

Just a quick reminder as I'm spending a lot of time on NGK,
    if you want to support my work and keep me motivated:
    https://www.paypal.me/pierre2324

I wish yall a good time / easter 🐣, stay safe!
    For thise who aren't following progress on Telegram, X3Pro kernel faced the same issue than F1/Mi 8. So in addition to fixing boot for A13, upstreams had to be fixed to be able to still be on latest linux version 4.14.xxx. This took time and multiple test builds, but I just wanted to let yall know that X3 Pro kernel finally booted fully upstreamed 4.14.295.

Now thats kernels are fixed, on to the NGK App.
    Good news for #X3Pro gang 🤙🏾 A13 issue fixed. Now on to the upstream issues.

Thanks to @mahinh611 for helping me out listing the A13 working kernels and to @neobuddy89 for the fix.

Screenshot_20220916-143015.png