• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[KERNEL][PERMISSIVE]Galaxy Tab S3 - SM-T820/T825 permissive kernel

Search This thread

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
Did as you ask, same error every time. Appreciate your efforts though.

Damn this kernel lol.

Well here's the modules, they go in /system/lib/modules.
I'd backup the original module folder and then replace them with these, ensure you set the permisions the same as the originals.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862725269

After this I'm all out of ideas. :(

EDIT: came across some info regarding the securestorage flag not working.
Apparently others have experienced the same.
The solution is to install the boot.img with it disabled (last one I posted will do) and then Format Data.

Allegedly this prevents secure storage setting up in the first place.
Worth a try I suppose?

Last edited:

jonathonalexander

Oct 8, 2016
Damn this kernel lol.

Well here's the modules, they go in /system/lib/modules.
I'd backup the original module folder and then replace them with these, ensure you set the permisions the same as the originals.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862725269

After this I'm all out of ideas. :(

EDIT: came across some info regarding the securestorage flag not working.
Apparently others have experienced the same.
The solution is to install the boot.img with it disabled (last one I posted will do) and then Format Data.

Allegedly this prevents secure storage setting up in the first place.
Worth a try I suppose?

How do I install with disabled?

jonathonalexander

Oct 8, 2016
It's already disabled in the boot image.
Just install the boot image with odin. Boot to twrp, format data.
Ashyx I'm not sure if this is relevant but i thought I'd mention it. Before, installing any Magisk module would cause the same Wi-Fi problem, I just found out that installing them through flashfire doesn't cause this issue. Could we try your files on flashfire somehow ?

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
Ashyx I'm not sure if this is relevant but i thought I'd mention it. Before, installing any Magisk module would cause the same Wi-Fi problem, I just found out that installing them through flashfire doesn't cause this issue. Could we try your files on flashfire somehow ?
Yes just flash with Flashfire like you would in Odin.
I also notice you are still using Magisk. Are you sure Magisk isn't causing these issues?

To prove that it's not Magisk or anything else, the data partition needs to be formatted after installing the last boot image I posted.

jonathonalexander

Oct 8, 2016
I also notice you are still using Magisk. Are you sure Magisk isn't causing these issues?

To prove that it's not Magisk or anything else, the data partition needs to be formatted after installing the last boot image I posted.
Ok can you just reconfirm the steps? ODIN in AP with auto reboot off . Correct ? just to be sure I'm doing exactly as you ask here.

I have already tried this before I think anyhow.

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

same error

Last edited:

HUBSi01

Oct 9, 2015
Graz
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
@ashyx
Just wanted to let you know that SM-T825 AQD6 permissive kernel works with new AQDC firmware.

After I flashed the new firmware and let it boot once, I installed TWRP and permissive boot.img without the meta-data/fota.zips in the. tar archives. It worked fine. Yesterday I compiled a permissive kernel from AQD6 source myself, but got the same error we had in the last firmware first. The boot screen / download mode mix. I flashed my boot.img with the new meta-data/fota.zip and without. But I had no luck. Maybe you have a little hint for me, how I get the kernel to work.

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
@ashyx
Just wanted to let you know that SM-T825 AQD6 permissive kernel works with new AQDC firmware.

After I flashed the new firmware and let it boot once, I installed TWRP and permissive boot.img without the meta-data/fota.zips in the. tar archives. It worked fine. Yesterday I compiled a permissive kernel from AQD6 source myself, but got the same error we had in the last firmware first. The boot screen / download mode mix. I flashed my boot.img with the new meta-data/fota.zip and without. But I had no luck. Maybe you have a little hint for me, how I get the kernel to work.
Dont you have the WiFi password problem?

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
Ok can you just reconfirm the steps? ODIN in AP with auto reboot off . Correct ? just to be sure I'm doing exactly as you ask here.

I have already tried this before I think anyhow.

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

same error
Well we've tried all avenues, that's if you installed the the modules I uploaded.
I guess there's not much else to do until Samsung release another source or I come across another way to work around it.

jonathonalexander

Oct 8, 2016
Well we've tried all avenues, that's if you installed the the modules I uploaded.
I guess there's not much else to do until Samsung release another source or I come across another way to work around it.
No worries and thanks for your on going efforts. My worry is there won't be much development for this tablet given the price. Does S pen support rely on touchwiz being installed?

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
Yesterday I compiled a permissive kernel from AQD6 source myself, but got the same error we had in the last firmware first. The boot screen / download mode mix. I flashed my boot.img with the new meta-data/fota.zip and without. But I had no luck. Maybe you have a little hint for me, how I get the kernel to work.
Did you fix all the compiler errors in the kernel source?

HUBSi01

Oct 9, 2015
Graz
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Did you fix all the compiler errors in the kernel source?
I don't think so, because I didn't change anything in the source, except the permissive thing. There were some warnings and I think an error (dts) at the end. But the compiler gave me a kernel image and so I thought maybe it doesn't matter. Now I know better. Years ago I learned the basics of c programming, but I have forgotten the most, so fixing the source will be a pretty hard job. But I will try. And thx for your advice.

boyofdestiny

Jun 22, 2009
Wifi issues with latest kernel

First I would like to thank ashyx for his hard work on this device.

The process used to install, I downloaded the AQD6 firmware file from sammy, installed with odin. Let it boot and make sure all was good.
rebooted int download mode, Installed twrp from ashyx, installed the AQD6_6516c kernel with odin, Booted into twrp, reformatted data, installed root, reboot.

All went well with the process, but I do have the wireless issue. Also if I turn the wireless off, and then turn it on, it never does come back on. I have to reboot to get it back running again.
I also noticed that the networks in the wpa_supplicant (in /data/misc/wifi) that have been added are cleared out upon reboot. I saved the file to the sd card and replaced it after a reboot to see if the networks would reappear. That didn't work as the wireless will not come be on after turning it off. One thing I will test tonight, is turn off the wireless, remove the networks from the wpa_supplicant file, then re-enable the wireless to see if the hang has something to do with reading the file after it has been generated.
Another point of interest, is the psk for the networks is being hashed, by what I am not sure, my phone that is running 7.1.1(lineage14.1) has the psk in cleartext. Not sure if sammy or google is hashing the file or if this is adding to the issue or not.

ashyx,
If I were to switch back to the stock kernel to test differences, would I need to wipe data, or can i just flash the boot.img, then re-root in twrp?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a permissive kernel for the the SM-T820 and SM-T825.
    There is nothing special about this kernel except it will allow permissive mode. Some apps require it so it may be useful to someone.

Features:
    ◘ Forced Encryption disabled
    ◘ DM-Verity disabled
    ◘ Root restrictions removed
    ◘ NTFS support << To be added
    ◘ F2FS support << To be aded

◘ Current build is -XXU1AQD6 (It's preferable to be using the same firmware build or your device may not boot. however the kernel is working with firmware XXU1AQDC)

Issues:
    ◘ WIFI password forgotten after reboot.

NOTE: Due to Forced Encryption being disabled you MUST remove encryption from the data partition by using the FORMAT DATA button in TWRP. (THIS WILL WIPE ALL YOUR DATA!)

For information how to decrypt see the TWRP thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...recovery-twrp-3-1-0-1-samsung-galaxy-t3581359

Download (Must be flashed with ODIN)

◘ SM-T820: T820_permissive_boot_AQD6.

◘ SM-T825: SM-T825_permissive_boot_AQD6

IMPORTANT: THIS WILL TRIP THE KNOX COUNTER AND I HOLD NO RESPONSIBILTY FOR WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DECIDE TO FLASH THIS. ITS UP TO YOU TO MAKE A DEVICE BACKUP WITH TWRP OR HAVE THE STOCK FIRMWARE TO HAND!

Credits: Me, my testers @HUBSi01, @jonathonalexander
    Please note I don't own this device and spend a lot of my free time bringing these builds for you to use and benefit from.

FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED PLEASE.
    THANKS.

DONATE ME HERE IF YOU WANT TO BUY ME A BEER OR HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU

@ashyx for Wifi Password Fix look here: github
    This is the one that I used,
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634767515

I have noticed today that Bluetooth will not turn on, I am not sure if that has been this way from the start or not. Haven't used it on this tablet yet. Trying to enable it through the service commands don't work either.

In case someone else has issues with bluetooth not being able to turn on, and trying to use bluetooth fix apps, and other commands just aren't working. Here is what I did, and also the symptom.
    Detail of problem: If your bluetooth is grayed out, select it to turn it on, it slides over, but remains grayed out. And slides back over to off position after leaving the setting page.
    Do this:
    1. Go to /data/misc/bluedroid directory
    2. rename bt_config.conf and bt_config.bak files, or move them to sd card.
    3. run the following command in step 4 from a terminal, or by connecting to adb shell.
    4. am start -a android.bluetooth.adapter.action.REQUEST_ENABLE
    5. A message will pop up about a bluetooth enable request, agree to that and bluetooth is working.
    @ashyx so I will try that now then.

tell me exactly what you need me to do, from the beginning.
    @ashyx so I will try that now then.

tell me exactly what you need me to do, from the beginning.

Give me a moment and I'll post the stock kernel for you to flash and you can report the outcome.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298952995