• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[KERNEL][PERMISSIVE]Galaxy Tab S3 - SM-T820/T825 permissive kernel

Search This thread

wayne0818

May 18, 2016
ashyx,

My device is T825YDXU1AQC7, not AQD6.
Is there any .tar for it?
Where to download T825YDXU1AQD6 and T825YDXU1AQDC firmware?

Thank you.

essence25

Apr 22, 2011
So this wifi issue.... does it occur if you simply root the device? I just bought a SM-820 to replace my SM-810 running 5.1..1 .

essence25

Apr 22, 2011
Oh great! What is the drawback if not using a permisive kernel? I know it was required for SM-T810 the S2...
Will this affect for example, the apps2sd not mounting at boot? I remember vaguely that this was an issue with automount if using apps2sd or similar apps without a permisive kernel.

Lastly ashyx, I see you dont have a TAB S3, I would donate $100 if others would chip in to buy you one. Your work is fantastic and you deserve it.

SweatTealTea

Jul 16, 2016
My 2 cents

You can use the app neverforget wifi which works to a degree. Apparently all that is required is to enter wifi settings and it will automatically repopulate the WiFi password.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nu.auto.wifi

I used this method also thought about looking in the /data/misc/wifi directory for the wpa_supplicant.conf file and realized the passwords key (psk) isnt stored in plain-text like it does for most phones on modern networks but instead it looked like some hashed/garbage/ encryption of the key.

Just throwing that out there an also thanks, really appreciate your service @ashyx

Last edited:

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
i used this method also thought about looking in the /data/misc/wifi directory for the wpa_supplicant.conf file and realised the passwords key (psk) isnt stored in plaintext like it does for most phones on modern networks instead looked like some hashed/garbage/ encryption of the key.

Just throwing that out there.
Yes that's the issue. In most cases the wifi password is stored in encrypted form for security.
The flag ro.secure.storage=false should disable encryption and make the password world readable, However for some reason it doesnt work on this device

essence25

Apr 22, 2011
Here is my other question,

I have a brand new TAB S3, not opened yet. How should I proceed with rooting it? Do I power it on, fill out the registration info etc., then take all updates from Samsung and afterwards root it?

Or root it right away without doing an initial power up & update... Please let me know.

Thank you!

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
Here is my other question,

I have a brand new TAB S3, not opened yet. How should I proceed with rooting it? Do I power it on, fill out the registration info etc., then take all updates from Samsung and afterwards root it?

Or root it right away without doing an initial power up & update... Please let me know.

Thank you!
Update it to the latest, install twrp, ensure to make a full backup with TWRP.
Install SuperSU.

Reactions: scabrerautexas

wayne0818

May 18, 2016
In case someone else has issues with bluetooth not being able to turn on, and trying to use bluetooth fix apps, and other commands just aren't working. Here is what I did, and also the symptom.
Detail of problem: If your bluetooth is grayed out, select it to turn it on, it slides over, but remains grayed out. And slides back over to off position after leaving the setting page.
Do this:
1. Go to /data/misc/bluedroid directory
2. rename bt_config.conf and bt_config.bak files, or move them to sd card.
3. run the following command in step 4 from a terminal, or by connecting to adb shell.
4. am start -a android.bluetooth.adapter.action.REQUEST_ENABLE
5. A message will pop up about a bluetooth enable request, agree to that and bluetooth is working.

It works. Thank you.

pgratz

Oct 7, 2007
Hi Ashyx,
The rom version this kernel is aimed at is getting a bit outdated, just curious if you are thinking of building an AQF5 version? Alternately, I'd like to give it a go in building a kernel. Just curious, which cross compile toolchain do you recommend for building a kernel (I know my way around a kernel build but have never done an android kernel).
Thanks!
Paul

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
Hi Ashyx,
The rom version this kernel is aimed at is getting a bit outdated, just curious if you are thinking of building an AQF5 version? Alternately, I'd like to give it a go in building a kernel. Just curious, which cross compile toolchain do you recommend for building a kernel (I know my way around a kernel build but have never done an android kernel).
Thanks!
Paul
No plans to update, but I usually use the Linaro 4.9 toolchain.
Of course the standard android toolchain can be used too.
Samsung usually state the toolchain they have used in the kernel build config.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a permissive kernel for the the SM-T820 and SM-T825.
    There is nothing special about this kernel except it will allow permissive mode. Some apps require it so it may be useful to someone.

Features:
    ◘ Forced Encryption disabled
    ◘ DM-Verity disabled
    ◘ Root restrictions removed
    ◘ NTFS support << To be added
    ◘ F2FS support << To be aded

◘ Current build is -XXU1AQD6 (It's preferable to be using the same firmware build or your device may not boot. however the kernel is working with firmware XXU1AQDC)

Issues:
    ◘ WIFI password forgotten after reboot.

NOTE: Due to Forced Encryption being disabled you MUST remove encryption from the data partition by using the FORMAT DATA button in TWRP. (THIS WILL WIPE ALL YOUR DATA!)

For information how to decrypt see the TWRP thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...recovery-twrp-3-1-0-1-samsung-galaxy-t3581359

Download (Must be flashed with ODIN)

◘ SM-T820: T820_permissive_boot_AQD6.

◘ SM-T825: SM-T825_permissive_boot_AQD6

IMPORTANT: THIS WILL TRIP THE KNOX COUNTER AND I HOLD NO RESPONSIBILTY FOR WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DECIDE TO FLASH THIS. ITS UP TO YOU TO MAKE A DEVICE BACKUP WITH TWRP OR HAVE THE STOCK FIRMWARE TO HAND!

Credits: Me, my testers @HUBSi01, @jonathonalexander
    Please note I don't own this device and spend a lot of my free time bringing these builds for you to use and benefit from.

FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED PLEASE.
    THANKS.

DONATE ME HERE IF YOU WANT TO BUY ME A BEER OR HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU

@ashyx for Wifi Password Fix look here: github
    This is the one that I used,
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634767515

I have noticed today that Bluetooth will not turn on, I am not sure if that has been this way from the start or not. Haven't used it on this tablet yet. Trying to enable it through the service commands don't work either.

In case someone else has issues with bluetooth not being able to turn on, and trying to use bluetooth fix apps, and other commands just aren't working. Here is what I did, and also the symptom.
    Detail of problem: If your bluetooth is grayed out, select it to turn it on, it slides over, but remains grayed out. And slides back over to off position after leaving the setting page.
    Do this:
    1. Go to /data/misc/bluedroid directory
    2. rename bt_config.conf and bt_config.bak files, or move them to sd card.
    3. run the following command in step 4 from a terminal, or by connecting to adb shell.
    4. am start -a android.bluetooth.adapter.action.REQUEST_ENABLE
    5. A message will pop up about a bluetooth enable request, agree to that and bluetooth is working.
    @ashyx so I will try that now then.

tell me exactly what you need me to do, from the beginning.
    @ashyx so I will try that now then.

tell me exactly what you need me to do, from the beginning.

Give me a moment and I'll post the stock kernel for you to flash and you can report the outcome.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298952995