[KERNEL] Phantom Kernel for N950 - F/FD/N (for Samsung PIE and OREO ROMs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
I can't change io schedules in this version it does nothing when i change it to say deadline or any other ones it's stick on noop! And also ur kernels is veru unstable i get a booy loop constantly on every one i try...
Forgot to add back the rest of the schedulers. I'll do that later.
For now only noop deadline and cfq are available.
Thanks for reporting.

Reactions: hussein995
I can't change io schedules in this version it does nothing when i change it to say deadline or any other ones it's stick on noop! And also ur kernels is veru unstable i get a booy loop constantly on every one i try...
If you get a boot loops, please send logs and post more details like ROM, kernel settings, scripts you are using, Magisk version and modules, etc.

Reactions: hussein995

Sunee1

Jan 30, 2019
Language.

It is possible, but I'm not going to change it. Maybe I'll add some more download links in the near future, as mirrors...
If you don't like Nitroflare you could download from GDrive or Mega. Read how and why on download webpage.
If you think that wasting 2 minutes of your time time, for download link and closing a few pop-ups, for a free download is to much, then think about the time that I spent and work that I put into this project, without gaining anything.
Sorry for the inconvenience, but the links stay like this.
Thanks for understanding.

We all appreciate developers work and respect their time. But, one should mind their language instead of blasting. The attitude used by the developer is very goon type. You are more into accepting donations and self praise, as to your links, after your so called pop-ups and ads, when finally someone reaches download link, CONNECTION RESET message pop ups. Great and next thing we know, wait more 180 minutes.

I had tried and faced this issue the day you posted your pop-ups and ads way of leading to download links, but never complained just for the reason, time and effort put by all the developers.

But this reply of your to a member, shows arrogance, self-promotion and stubbornness; made me to respond.

We all appreciate developers work and respect their time. But, one should mind their language instead of blasting. The attitude used by the developer is very goon type. You are more into accepting donations and self praise, as to your links, after your so called pop-ups and ads, when finally someone reaches download link, CONNECTION RESET message pop ups. Great and next thing we know, wait more 180 minutes.

I had tried and faced this issue the day you posted your pop-ups and ads way of leading to download links, but never complained just for the reason, time and effort put by all the developers.

But this reply of your to a member, shows arrogance, self-promotion and stubbornness; made me to respond.
First of all, I didn't even want to reply to this, but out of common sense I will...
You say "we all appreciate...", who's we?! Then you act like you know me and say that I'm a "goon" because of my language and attitude.
You account is recently created and has 15 posts, really?! Trolling much?
After you complain about the download links and you say that I put pop-ups on them. No I didn't. The files are not hosted by me, they are on file storage servers that have pop-ups.
Then you accuse me of having projects that require donations, witch again, if you known my work not only for the Note 8 but also for the Note 3, you have known that for the past 4 years I improved and hosted all files for free, no ads, no pop-ups. This was done as so initially because the domain I own was life-time purchased and my hosting was free, but last year this has changed and I was obligated to pay yearly for the domain and hosting. So I had to change the hosting provider and of course to pay for the domain. So if you say that you appreciate my work and want to help, then yes, donations are welcomed, but the donations that I got over these past years didn't covered these costs. They helped of course. Let's not take in consideration the fact that I changed 2 SSD and 1 HDD, before I had to buy another PC because the other broke down. This did mostly happened because of repeated compiling witch do lots of writes on HDD/SSD and of course stress CPUs to generate a lot of heat, witch you probably know it's bad.
Like I said, I'm sorry that there are some issues when downloading, but if you have a bit of patience then you can download the files ok.
If you understood what I've said, then it's fine... if you didn't, it's also fine. Let's not forget nobody is forcing you to use this kernel.
Cheers!

Sunee1

Jan 30, 2019
Thanks.

First of all, I didn't even want to reply to this, but out of common sense I will...
You say "we all appreciate...", who's we?! Then you act like you know me and say that I'm a "goon" because of my language and attitude.
You account is recently created and has 15 posts, really?! Trolling much?
After you complain about the download links and you say that I put pop-ups on them. No I didn't. The files are not hosted by me, they are on file storage servers that have pop-ups.
Then you accuse me of having projects that require donations, witch again, if you known my work not only for the Note 8 but also for the Note 3, you have known that for the past 4 years I improved and hosted all files for free, no ads, no pop-ups. This was done as so initially because the domain I own was life-time purchased and my hosting was free, but last year this has changed and I was obligated to pay yearly for the domain and hosting. So I had to change the hosting provider and of course to pay for the domain. So if you say that you appreciate my work and want to help, then yes, donations are welcomed, but the donations that I got over these past years didn't covered these costs. They helped of course. Let's not take in consideration the fact that I changed 2 SSD and 1 HDD, before I had to buy another PC because the other broke down. This did mostly happened because of repeated compiling witch do lots of writes on HDD/SSD and of course stress CPUs to generate a lot of heat, witch you probably know it's bad.
Like I said, I'm sorry that there are some issues when downloading, but if you have a bit of patience then you can download the files ok.
If you understood what I've said, then it's fine... if you didn't, it's also fine. Let's not forget nobody is forcing you to use this kernel.
Cheers!

Thank you for your efforts. ?

Reactions: 6h0st

BugraGry

Feb 2, 2015
Nitroflare is too bad that it usually hangs up at the middle of download and fails. And the funny thing is, if you try downloading again, it makes you wait for 3 hours... Horrible.
Edit: Before people start to tell me that I should donate, yes, I know. I should donate but PayPal isn't available in my country. Thus, unfortunately I can't donate even if I wanted to.

Last edited:

Alastal

Jul 12, 2012
Gaza
Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo
OnePlus X
Question: could i use this with deluxe rom? Will it work on n8 ? Thanks it is ok to use even if capsule audio is updated on latest base?

I am using it with latest deluxe rom on my note 8 fd
the only issue i faced is facebook messenger is sluggish
but when i use high performance profile everything is solved with real high performance

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Nitroflare is too bad that it usually hangs up at the middle of download and fails. And the funny thing is, if you try downloading again, it makes you wait for 3 hours... Horrible.
Edit: Before people start to tell me that I should donate, yes, I know. I should donate but PayPal isn't available in my country. Thus, unfortunately I can't donate even if I wanted to.

I had the same issue
it was really bad experience with nitroflare
but nothing I can do
just be patient

Missing external tpuch screen driver for ILITEK-TP screen using it with dex. Thanks. And also changeable zswap size
ZSwap sizeable feature is only available for older (unstable) 2.10.1 version.
The missing driver i'm not sure, but I don't use Dex. I'll take a look though... Can you give me more details on this issue?

Last edited:

PopaStefanx

Sep 13, 2012
TURIN
www.apkstrong.wordpress.com
ZSwap sizeable feature is only available for older (unstable) 2.10.1 version.
The missing driver i'm not sure, but I don't use Dex. I'll take a look though... Can you give me more details on this issue?
On external touch screen display touch does not work. Its a driver problem. Ask a2n kernel dev for s8 he had the same problem. That is the driver which is reconized by windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Your warranty is now void. Knox 0x1.
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    Please do some research if you have any concerns about the features included in this kernel.

PHANTOM KERNEL
    by 6h0st

Special thanks to:
    (Product evaluation, support & donors)
    @ANDROIDXFOREVER
    @ammisr
    @Logel
    @Sean_FD2R
    @corsicanu
    @Voytec83
    @Bud Horn
    @blinkt88
    @rico13
    @NoXXX
    @Kiid

... and to all other developers for their indirect contribution (ideas, commits, public open source code, etc).

* Brief ideology of this kernel *
    This kernel, if you plan on using it out-of-the-box it is battery life oriented, but also with a few tweaks to be fast and stable, just to give best daily usage results. The best part of it is that you can tweak it how you please depending on how far you want to go. You can choose over clocking CPU or/and GPU to get really good benchmark results, apply tweaks to get the best battery life/performance with low-end and high-end gaming or just to save even more battery, your choice. All this by using simple applications like Spectrum, a bit more complex ones, like Synapse or choose an even more advance way with shell scripts / terminal.
    As the project evolves more features will be added, even as requests if properly motivated.
    Before releasing an update, i'll make sure that it's properly tested so that you wont get bricked devices. This usually takes a lot of time, so please be patient. If some features are considered unstable they will be marked as experimental.

* * * Version 2.11.6 PIE official * * *

- SAMSUNG Open Source for PIE kernel (N950FXXUDDTH1);
    - ramdisk updated to N950FXXSBDTED;
    - Compiled with Toolchain UBERTC 6.4.1 + GRAPHITE optimizations;
    - updated to Linux 4.4.201 - (only available for version 2.10.1);
    - ramdisk updated to N950FXXS7DSI3 - (available only in version 2.10.1);
    - Cortex and Exynos compiler optimizations;
    - performance and battery life adjustments to BUS/GPU/CPU;
    - Available CPU governors: cultivation, blu_active, impulse, interactive, conservative, ondemand, performance, powersave, darkness, schedutil, bioshock, blu_schedutil, helix_schedutil, darkutil, electroutil and pwrutilx - (some are available only in version 2.10.1);
    - Available I/O Schedulers: anxiety, noop, deadline,cfq, bfq, maple, vr, zen, tripndroid, sio, sioplus, fiops and fifo;
    - added Synapse support (with more optinons then MTweaks / if you use spectrum profiles some sections will be disabled for compatibility issues);
    - Spectrum Support with 4 profiles (disabled on boot);
    - MTweaks compatible but with missing features, use Synapse for better compatibility;
    - maximum overclock CPU frequency of CPU little cluster 1898 Mhz;
    - maximum overclock CPU frequency of CPU Big cluster 2704 Mhz;
    - added frequency limits while Screen is off;
    - added minimum throttling frequency limit scaling for Exynos;
    - maximum overclock GPU frequency of 572 Mhz;
    - SELinux permissive/enforcing depending on Magisk;
    - Enabled Kernel Loadable Module support;
    - added LKM: superuser (KernelSU project) if root accesss is needed without Magisk - disabled (to get root access you need to create an empty file into /sdcard/Phantom-Kernel/ folder with the name "PK.su" and reboot. Remove the file and reboot to revoke root access. NOT all apps will work with it. This also has no app that control access so don't leave it always enabled!);
    - Memory Management and utilities optimizations;
    - added switch to enable/disable of FSync or use Dynamic FSync;
    - Morosound mod for Madera/CS47L92;
    - init.d support;
    - all Samsung security related configs disabled (as KNOX, TIMA, Rooting restriction, etc.);
    - Disabled Secure Storage. You'll need to refresh (remove/forget and connect/store connection again) Wifi/Bluetooth connections if you have conection issues!);
    - dm-verifiy and forced encryption disabled;
    - LED blink/fade control (fade enabled by default);
    - changed LED to red/blue fading when booting;
    - Wireguard support;
    - CRC checks disabled on boot for better performance;
    - added UKSM 0.1.2.6 - (available only in version 2.10.1);
    - VM, I/O sceduler and ZRAM tweaks - (available only in version 2.10.1);
    - Entropy optimizations - (available only in version 2.10.1);
    - added SysFS control for logging;
    - disabled unnecesary logging, debugging and tracing;
    - added automount FS Manager 4 support;
    - added NTFS/ISO9660/UDF FS Support ;
    - added ZRAM support - (available only in version 2.10.1);
    - updated LZ4 kernel modules - (available only in version 2.10.1);
    - added more TCP congestion algorithms (bic, reno, cubic, westwood, highspeed, hybla, htcp, wvegas, vegas, scalable, lp, yeah, veno,lia, olia, illinois, balia);
    - added Smart Screen Dimming (for SSD kernel version only!);
    - added CPU boost;
    - added devfreq boost;
    - added Kernel support for MISC binaries - (available only in version 2.10.1);
    - added support for DriveDroid app;
    - ramdisk optimizations and patched SEpolicy;
    - disabled some unneeded tracing, logging and debugging;
    - init.d optimization scripts, available in /=Phantom Scripts= folder, if you want to use them:
    * 90agressive_doze: enable agressive doze script;
    * 98sqlie: optimize DB;
    * 98zipalign: zipalign apks;
    * 99maid: a cleaning temporary files script;
    * 99killer: battery saver by killing a couple draining services.

* * * Version 1.9.3 Oreo official * * *
    - Compiled with UBERTC 6.4.1 + GRAPHITE optimizations;
    - Updated to Samsung Open Source N950FXXU5CRK2;
    - Updated to Linux 4.4.169;
    - added Synapse support (with a lot of optinons, a lot);
    - Spectrum Support with 4 Profiles;
    - SElinux permissive;
    - Support for Private Mode;
    - Init.d support;
    - All Samsung security related configs disabled (as knox, tima, restrict rooting);
    - Added Boeffla wakelock Blocker;
    - Led fade/blink control;
    - Wireguard support;
    - Available CPU governors: cultivation, blu_active, zzmoove, impulse, interactive, schedutil, conservative, ondemand, userspace, performance, powersave, darkness and bioshock;
    - Available I/O Schedulers: noop, deadline,cfq, bfq, maple, vr, zen, tripndroid, sio, sioplus, row and fifo;
    - Performance and Battery life tweaks;
    - N950FXXU5CRK2 ramdisk update;
    - added UKSM 0.1.2.6;
    - Possible max CPU OC frequency set to 2704 Mhz;
    - added max GPU frequency of 572 mhz;
    - Some GPU optimizations (slightly a bit more battery life and more performance);
    - Set Spectrum balance profile max GPU speed of 455 mhz on boot (better battery life);
    - disabled some logging, debugging and tracing;
    - added NTFS/ISO9660/UDF FS Support;
    - added Automount FS Manager 4 support;
    - multipath TCP support;
    - added more TCP congestion algorithms (bic, reno, cubic, westwood, highspeed, hybla, htcp, wvegas, vegas, scalable, lp, yeah, veno,lia, olia, illinois, balia);
    - added 99killer, 98zipalign and 98sqlite optimization scripts to /=Phantom Scripts= folder to be available in case of need (just copy+paste to init.d);
    - fixed Spectrum and Mtweaks incompatibility when using both apps;
    - added SysFS control for kernel logger;
    - updated LZ4 kernel module to LZ4 v1.7.3;
    - a lot of ramdisk fixes and optimizations;
    - set voLTE enabled props from ramdisk (just in case...)
    - removed SEC_SELINUX;
    - added a more efficient RMM lock patch;
    - added fake FLAGS to help Magisk;
    - added Smart Screen Dimming;
    - CPU Samsungplug optimizations and CPU core control;
    - enabled schedule workqueues on awake CPUs as default;
    - 100% compatibility with Spectrum and Synapse, with MTweaks not so much.

* NFS VERSION HAS THE SAME SAFE PARAMETERS AS THE NON-EXPERIMENTAL VERSION ON BOOT, but probably will generate more heat *
    Differences between the NFS version and the regular version (Experimental):
    - CPU OC possibility to 2.8 Ghz (2808000 mhz)
    - GPU OC possibility to 683 mhz
    - GPU OC without CPU frequency restrictions
    - Spectrum profile "Gaming" OC-ed at 2.7Ghz / 572 mhz

(No support will be given if something goes wrong while using the NFS versions! AND don't blame me if you burn something.)

Mod edit: links removed

XDA:DevDB Information
    Phantom Kernel, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (2017 Phone)

Contributors
    6h0st

Kernel Special Features: STABLE | FAST | SOLID-BATTERY-LIFE

Versions Information:

Stable P
    Current Stable Version: 2.11.6
    Last Updated 2020-12-21
    Unstable Version: 2.10.1
    Last Updated 2020-05-03

Current Stable Version: 1.9.3 (EOL)
    Created 2018-08-05
    Last Updated 2019-01-01
    FAQ:

Q: How to flash kernel?
    A: Download (download link in first post) and flash the zip file from TWRP Recovery. Wiping dalvik cache and cache when coming from other kernels is highly recommended.

Q: Phone is stuck with a black screen after I wiped dalvik cache and/or cache. After I waited a while it just rebooted. Is that a bug?
    A: This is not a bug it's actually a feature. This is normal because the kernel startup script checks the dalvik cache to be created correctly. If it wasn't created correctly it checks again after 1 min, just to be sure, this is why you have a black screen. Don't force reboot, just wait! If Dalvik cache isn't still created correctly after 1 min, it will reboot and create Dalvik again, it will keep doing this until everything is ok. This can happen even 3 times upon boot. If more than 3 reboots happen then you have a ROM issue.

Q: How to configure the Kernel?
    A: Easy way is with Spectrum app from Google Play Store. Synapse for more advanced users. Init.d scripts or Terminal/SManager or similar apps, for experts.

Q: I have issues with notifications, slow notifications while screen is off?
    A: Disable battery app optimization for Google Play Services.

Q: YouTube videos are not playing, why? / Why am I getting random reboots (if using 99killer script)?
    A: Remove the /system/etc/init.d/99killer script and reboot.

Q: Why not start with version 1.0 ?!
    A: Because versions 1.0-1.3 were not released to the public and were tested in private by a group of dedicated people.

Q: What is NFS version?
    A: Need for Speed version of the Phantom Kernel - higher and unsafe OC of CPU & GPU possibility. Only for Oreo versions. :)

Q:What is Smart Screen Dimming - SSD version?
    A:It's a slightly modified version of this:
    https://xdaforums.com/s7-edge/development/amoled-pwm-s7-edge-t3517739

Q: I had a freeze/random reboot after I changed settings in Synapse, what can be the cause?
    A: It can be a lot of things, but mostly an incompatibility in your chosen settings, if it's kernel related at all. The most known common things that are the cause of this can be Exynos-CPU-hotpluger (disable it), LMK parameters for Oreo version only (reset to defaults) or Doze settings (use stock). If any of these doesn't get rid of the reboots try resetting Synapse and wipe cache and dalvik cache. You can always post logs or details of your issue, to get help.

Q: After each boot i get my screen locked after a brief moment of using my phone and my phone vibrates 3 times, is this a bug?
    A: This isn't a bug. The locking of the screen it's a workaround i added, to eliminate a bug where GPU utilization get's stuck. This will remain until i find a better way to solve this. There 3 vibrations is from the PK boot script telling you it has finished execution.

Q: Bixbi button remapper isn't working with Bixby button, how can I fix it?
    A: Install Synapse and enable Android logging. (Thanks to @AiRMaX-360 for finding this fix).

Q: What is KernelSU - superuser module and how to get root access without Magisk?
    A: Here you can find KernelSU project. This module can be used if root access is needed without Magisk. To get root access you need to create an empty file into /sdcard/Phantom-Kernel/ folder with the name "PK.su" and reboot. Remove the file and reboot to revoke root access.
    PS:
    * NOT all apps will work with it.
    ** This also has no app that control access so don't leave it always enabled!
    *** If Magisk or other su is found, then that root access method will be used.
    Ver. 2.11.6 Changelog:
    - optimizations for better battery life;
    - bug fixes;
    - added throttling frequency limit for mali driver;
    - updated the frequency limits while screen-off module;
    - switched back ext4 encryption (EXPERIMENTAL);
    - updated 00modules script;
    * Special HID drivers available as kernel modules only if needed (copy 00modules to init.d folder to enable modules);
    * Joystick XPAD available as module only if needed (copy 00modules to init.d folder to enable module);
    - added 99pkhosts script - adblocker script with update on boot (copy script to init.d folder to enable).

Ver. 2.11.5 Changelog:
    - updated to Samsung Open Source N950FXXUDDTH1;
    - added support for more Input Device Drivers, Special HID drivers, IEEE 1394 (FireWire) and VR;
    - disabled some unneeded debugging;
    - removed some deprecated code;
    - performance optimizations and bug fixes.

Ver. 2.11.4 Changelog:

- merged Samsung open source N950FXXSDDTG5;
    - ramdisk updated to N950FXXSBDTED;
    - other bug fixes and optimizations.

Ver. 2.11.3 Changelog:
    - SELinux permissive/enforcing depending on Magisk;
    - changes for some ROMs (e.g. DeluxeROM) that need SELinux permissive at boot (Magisk is detected by some banking apps so a complete uninstall is needed for these apps to work);
    - enabled Kernel Loadable Module support;
    - added LKM: superuser (KernelSU project) if root accesss is needed without Magisk - disabled (to get root access you need to create an empty file into /sdcard/Phantom-Kernel/ folder with the name "PK.su" and reboot. Remove the file and reboot to revoke root access. NOT all apps will work with it. This also has no app that control access so don't leave it always enabled!);
    - CPU optimizations and bug fixes;
    - added maximum overclock CPU frequency of CPU little cluster 1898 Mhz (generates lots of heat if OC-ed);
    - added frequency limits while Screen is off;
    - added minimum throttling frequency limit scaling for Exynos (may cause reboots, or even burn your phone, if enabled and is set to high);
    - added frequency limits while screen-off and set 455-1248 | 741-1469 mhz as default;
    - HMP optimizations;
    - adjusted thermal limits a bit;
    - android binder optimizations;
    - Synapse update;
    - minor PK boot script changes;
    - other bug fixes in CPU, BT, abox and more...

Ver. 2.11.2 Changelog:
    - bug fixes;
    - moved PK dalvik protection and made it as an optional script found in =Phantom Scripts= folder for a better compatibility;
    - disabled some more unneeded logging.

Ver. 2.11.1 Changelog:
    - added enable/disable control of DVFS in sysfs for Exynos;
    - updated Synapse (advanced tab);
    - other bug fixes in CPU.

Ver. 2.11 Changelog:
    - Samsung Open Source base N950FXXS8DSL3 (started from scratch) ;
    - ramdisk updated to N950FXXSADTC4 and optimized;
    - Linux version 2.2.111 (No more Linux updates);
    - disabled unnecessary logging, tracing and debugging;
    - added back goodies from 2.10.1, minus:
    * STUNE and Stune Boost;
    * Linux streams updates;
    * UKMS and ZRAM;
    * schedutil based govs: helix-util, blu-util, dark-util, pwxutil, electric-util;
    - overall optimizations and tweaks;
    - Synapse bug fixes;
    - Spectrum profile bug fixes;
    ... and some other things (to many to add here).

Ver. 2.10.1 Changelog:
    - bug fixes for GPU to avoid ramdom freezes;
    [last update]

Ver. 2.10 Changelog:
    - updated to Linux 4.4.201;
    - set bic as default TCP congestion alogarithm;
    - set cfq as defualt internal SD I/O scheduler.
    - fixed GPU utilization stuck at 80% bug after first boot (screen won't turn off anymore upon the 3 vrations);
    - fstab changes with noatime;
    - Synapse update and bug fixes;
    - Spectrum profiles update (cpuset optimization; Balanced profile: CPU.Big cores set at 2314000 mhz - stock freq)
    - default CPU.Big core cluster set to 2314000 mhz;
    - updated Simple LMK;
    - switched to Simple LMK from Android LMK;
    - zram misc fixes;
    - memory compactation and page allocation optimization;
    - PK boost script optimization (takes longer to finish, but uses less CPU and reduces boot lag);
    - android binder optimizations;
    - touchscreen optimizations;
    - updated GMS patch script;
    - removed /etc/sysconfig/google.xml overwrite upon flashing kernel (restore and use original ROM file to fix slow notifications);
    ... other bug fixes and improvements.

Ver. 2.9 Changelog:

- source updated to N950FXXU7DSJ1;
    - ramdisk updated to N950FXXS7DSI3;
    - updated to Linux 4.4.198;
    - better compiler optimizations;
    - security improvements;
    - devfreq optimizations and possible some random issues fixed;
    - binder optimizations;
    - debugfs: Always compile core debugfs driver for Android kernels;
    - Android sync performance improvement;
    - FS: Reverted to original mbcache from mbcache2;
    - FS: ext4 optimizations;
    - Spectrum profiles update;
    ...some other bug fixes.

Ver. 2.8.2 Changelog:

- binder reverted to N950FXXS7DSH1;
    - disabled debugging of binder and made some minor stability changes;
    - Spectrum battery profile update.

Ver. 2.8.1 Changelog:

- updated to Linux 4.4.196;
    - Mass Storage USB Composite fixes;
    - DriveDroid support fixes.

Ver. 2.8 Changelog:

- updated to Linux 4.4.194
    - interactive; schedutil, blu_schedutil, darkutil, helix_schedutil, electroutil and pwrutilx CPU governors changes;
    - device tree changes - more battery friendly on low usage;
    - anxiety I/O scheduler tunnig;
    - I/O tuning;
    - set deadline as default scheduler for external sdcard;
    - removed Boeffla Wakelock Blocker;
    - devfreq wake boost interval added in sysfs and in Synapse;
    - kernel preemption optimization;
    - Spectrum profiles updates and bug fixes;
    - Synapse updates and bug fixes;
    - added back exynos hot-plug sysfs on/off control (Mtweaks only);
    - disabled Simple LMK and enabled Android LMK;
    - enabled Samsung's SPCM service;
    - ramdisk changes;
    - disabled Android logger after boot;
    ... other bug fixes (LightROM stuck on reboot/shutdown fix included).

Ver. 2.7.2 Changelog:

- removed GPU excessive debug messages;
    - more HID bug fixes;

Ver. 2.7.1 Changelog:

- DS4 HID controllers bug fix;

Ver. 2.7 Changelog:
    - updated to Linux 4.4.191;
    - ramdisk update to N950FXXS7DSH1;
    - merged N950FXXU6DSF6 source;
    - SAMSUNG EXYNOS8895 SoC device tree changes;
    - applied latest RT-186 patch;
    - PK boost script update;
    - CPU frequency scaling possible bug fix and a few optimizations;
    - added back helix_schedutil, darkutil;
    - bug fixes, optimizations and tunning for the following CPU governors: interactive, conservative, darkness, helix_schedutil, darkutil (updated), electroutil;
    - CFS stune bug fixes;
    - State Notifier driver implementation bug fixes.
    - changed CPU input boost and devfreq boost drivers to work only with State Notifier;
    - synced Panel/Dual Penel with DPU and State notifier;
    - added CGROUP_SCHEDTUNE support;
    - ramdisk changes to work with CGROUP_SCHEDTUNE;
    - merged DYNAMIC STUNE BOOST with CPU INPUT BOOST and removed double driver;
    - added memory compaction to all zones when suspended - disabled by default;
    - devfreq boost driver fixes;
    - CFS tasks boosting and CFS tasks boosting group subsystem fixes and tuning;
    - CPU scheduler tuning (for more balance);
    - tuned CPU and devfreq boosts;
    - CPU and devfreq boosts uses GPU utilization to select between med and max step;
    - GPU optimized for always on when screen is on and off while screen suspended;
    - GPU control optimization - less debugging;
    - Optimized Integer SQRT. for up to 3x faster operation;
    - Disabled VNSwap / ZSwap;
    - added ZRam tweaks and made some changes for better performance;
    - ramdisk update for Simple LMK changes and better/faster ZRAM creation on boot.
    - added a workaround to prevent race of lmkd and Simple LMK;
    - Android binder driver optimizations;
    - updated Synapse and Spectrum profiles;
    - added GMS Doze patch and Cleaning scripts to Synapse;
    - CPU input and devfreq boosts disabled as default;
    - HMP boost fix for input events;
    - Android ION driver optimizations - removed debugging and tracing;
    - introduced anxiety I/O scheduler, improves reads over writes - default;
    - reimplement mbcache and speed up cache entry creation;
    - added back disable FSync;
    - FS Sync optimizations;
    - updated Boeffla WL driver and wakelocks list;
    - Dynamic sync updated to v.2.0 (thx andip71);
    - removed some more unneeded tracing and debugging;
    - removed Debug FS and applied fixes because of it in various drivers;
    - added timekeeping: keep suspend time logging when debugfs is disabled;
    - moved /d/wakeup_sources to /proc/wakelocks if debugfs is disabled;
    - reverted old DEX patch;
    - used the stock config for /proc/config.gz;
    ... some other bug fixes and optimizations.

Ver. 2.6.1 Changelog:

- bug fixes:
    * voLTE and voWifi not working on some devices;
    * OEM unlock show correct status;
    * SELinux show correct status;
    * prevent CPU from entering deep sleep while handling touch interrupts;
    * eliminated Android errors on missing parameters of Simple Android LMK;
    * eliminated Android errors on missing input_boost files;
    * ... and a few other bugs in FS, Crypto and Net;
    - added ZRAM support;
    - added zstd compression algorithm support (for ZRAM);
    - Synapse update for ZRAM control;
    - compiler and ION optimizations.

Ver. 2.6 Changelog:

- updated to Linux 4.4.182;
    - added RMM State Remover for Samsung Devices
    (Original idea by @BlackMesa123, updated by @_alexndr to add support modern Samsung devices with separate /vendor partition. Furtherly updated and adapted by @corsicanu for Pie support and new RMM(KG));
    - Removed Boeffla Wakelock blocker;
    - updated CPU boost driver and devfreq boost driver to be controlled from sysfs;
    - stop cpuidle from beeing disabled when entering suspend;
    - CPU boost and devfreq boost driver set to disabled on boot;
    - added dynamic stune boost;
    - ajusted CPU input boost for dynamic stune boost - frequency can't be controlled from sysfs.
    - updated CPU boost driver:
    * added new medium boost step;
    * uses state_notifier to double check screen state and make sure no boosting is done when screen is off;
    * checks if input frequency is disabled (0) before boosting and not execute boost of 0 mhz;
    - re-done GPU boost with medium boost instead of maximum;
    - updated devfreq boost driver to use state_notifier to double check screen state and make sure no boosting is done when screen is off;
    - more battery optimizations Bluetooth and WiFi driver;
    - interactive set as default CPU governor for balanced profile;
    - blu_active CPU governor update;
    - Spectrum profiles updated;
    - Synapse updated with new options.

Ver. 2.5 Changelog:

- updated source to N950FXXU6DSD5;
    - updated ramdisk to N950FXXU6DSD5;
    - ramdisk changes - Deluxe ROM compatibility;
    - updated to Linux 4.4.180 and made specific PK fixes;
    - new compiler optimizations;
    - morosound mod update (working with speaker and headpiece) and fixes;
    - added back schedutil CPU governor and updated it;
    - added new governors based on schedutil: blu_schedutil, helix_schedutil, darkutil, electroutil, pwrutilx governors;
    - added energy cost bindings for Energy Aware Scheduling in Device Tree and Fair Schedule energy params for schedutil based governors possible usage;
    - set blu_active/blu_schedutil governor as default;
    - maple i/o scheduler optimizations;
    - Spectrum profiles update;
    - Synapse update and bug fixes;
    - Phantom Kernel boot script updates and optimizations in execution after boot to eliminate lag;
    - changed some PK tweaks for better stability;
    - reduced max_pool_size of zswap from 50 to 20;
    - updated CPU and BUS boost drivers;
    - replaced Android Low Memory Killer with Simple Android Low Memory Killer;
    - disabled core control and removed sysfs of CPU hotplugger;
    - updated LZ4 compressor/decompressor modules;
    - optimizations CPU, GPU, BUS, I/O, HMP, thermal and many more;
    - bug fixes;
    - removed unneeded logging, tracking and debugging for better battery savings;
    - tuned CPU and BUS boost duration for better smoothness;
    - some other adjustments to eliminate lag.

Ver. 2.4 Changelog:

- merged NFS version into regular version;
    - CPU OC possibility of 2808 Mhz;
    - updated to Linux 4.4.179;
    - CPU, HMP, GPU, BUS and memory manager optimizations;
    - ISP, CPU, GPU thermal ajustments;
    - blu_active governor adjustments;
    - enabled swap back (zswap,vnswap);
    - ramdisk bug fixes;
    - Phantom Kernel boot script update;
    - PK boot script vibrates three times on complete;
    - Spectrum profiles updated and vibrate once on apply;
    - Gaming Spectrum profile is safely OC-ed now, CPU at 2496 Mhz and GPU at 572 Mhz;
    - disabled Dynamic FSync on boot - can be enabled after if needed for extra performance;
    - Enabled software CRCs on the data blocks can be up to a significant 30% performance cost, but can be disabled for extra performance;
    - enabled nmi_watchdog - can be enabled after if needed for extra performance;
    - Entropy adjustments and optimization;
    - Boeffla Wakelock blocker's wakelock list updated;
    - LMK tweak removed - stock values used;
    - enabled back Samsung SPCM service;
    - Synapse updated for LMK - Custom profile has the removed LMK tweak values in case you need it;
    - compiler performance optimizations and warnings fixes;
    - added support for DriveDroid app;
    - added CIFS support;
    - set tweaked maple as default I/O scheduler;
    - UKSM disabled on boot;
    ... and other bug fixes and optimizations.

Ver. 2.3 and NFS Changelog:
    - updated installer script and added clean of BusyBox from ZIP installer script;
    - Phantom Kernel's boot script update: tweaks and fixes;
    - added devfreq boost and event-based CPU boosting drivers (by Sultan Alsawaf );
    - added CPU boost on some events (credits to: @remilia15):
    * Boost CPU for app launches and app transitions;
    * Boost CPU to the max for 50 ms when userspace launches an app;
    * Boost when memory pressure becomes high;
    - set minimum GPU frequency to 260 Mhz on boot;
    - some parameters of SAMSUNG EXYNOS8895 SoC device tree reverted to stock to eliminate lag;
    - Synapase fixes;
    - Spectrum profiles updated;
    - ... and some other adjustments, fixes and tweaks for a better balanced experience.

Ver. 2.2 and NFS Changelog:
    - updated to Linux 4.4.178;
    - ramdisk updated to N950FXXS5DSC5l;
    - enabled CPU Core control;
    - performance and battery life adjustments to BUS/GPU/CPU;
    - optimized CPU, GPU and thermal;
    - CPU DVFS disabled on boot;
    - minor CPU blu_active governor tweaks;
    - GPU OC possibility to 572 mhz.
    - set 338 Mhz as default minimum GPU frequency;
    - other GPU/CPU optimizations;
    - added Dynamic FSync;
    - optimized the ext4 fsync;
    - VM tweaks for better smoothness;
    - disabled some more unneeded tracing, logging and debugging;
    - disabled swap (zswap,vnswap);
    - enabled UKSM as default;
    - Memory Management and utilities optimizations;
    - PK boot script adjustments;
    - added CPU Input Boost on touch events;
    (This will make min CPU frequeuncy jump in Synapse. Set it to Disable if it's annoying you, or tune it for more performance/battery. I recommend to leave it like this for now.)
    - removed zzmoove governor (causes random reboots);
    - added Morosound mod for Madera/CS47L92;
    - int. and ext. I/O schedulers set to tweaked deadline;
    - enable optimized cryptographic algorithms;
    - Magisk 19 compatibility fixes and optimizations;
    - Boeffla wakelock blocker wakelocks list updated;
    - updated Synapse and Spectrum profiles;
    - Synapse fixes (clear Synapse data after flashing kernel).

Ver. 2.1 and NFS Changelog:
    - removed SEC_SELINUX_PORTING_COMMON;
    - added override RGB in sysfs;
    - disabled some unneaded loging, tracing and debugging;
    - deadline set as default I/O scheduler for internal and external storage
    - TWRP zip installer updated:
    * added safety feature to flash on N950 device only;
    * small fixes when patching ROM files;
    * faster script execution;
    * double compressed ZIP/TAR.xz combo for boot.img and patched libs (overall smaller size for better distibution);
    * Script face-lift.
    - disabled SELinux forced enforcing and some security patches;
    - disabled schedutil governor and FREQVAR_SCHEDTUNE until;
    - Spectrum battery profile corrected;
    - ramdisk cleanup;
    - ramdisk fixes for Magisk 18.2 compatibillity;
    - ramdisk tweaks and other minor adjustments;
    - added UFS/NTFS/ISO9660/JOLIET/ZISO/UDF/UDF_NLS;
    - disabled CONFIG_LOD_SEC (Linux on dex security);
    - Boeffla Wakelock blocker wakelock list updated;
    - fixed BOEFFLA_WL_BLOCKER blocking "OK Google!" on some devices;
    - and a few other minor adjustments...

Ver. 2.0 and NFS Changelog:
    - initial upload. Enjoy!

Ver. 1.9.3 and NFS Changelog:
    - Removed all LED tweaks except fade control (because of compatibility issues)
    - Spectrum battery profile correction
    - Synapse LED options and HMP profiles updated.

* There is a Smart Screen Dimming and a non-Smart Screen Dimming version of the kernel available for download.

Ver. 1.9.2 and NFS Changelog:

- ramdisk optimizations
    - updated net drivers (Wifi + Bluetooth)
    - added binfmt_misc support
    - Phantom scripts update
    - DraStic fixed (and probably dome other apps)
    - other bug fixes...

Ver. 1.9.1 and NFS Changelog:
    - bug fixes (LED, UFS)
    - Phantom Kernel boot scripts update
    - re-enabled some of the disabled logging for Magisk compatibility
    - disabled /data temp files cleaning and fstrim when charging starts
    - added 99maid.sh to /=Phantom Scripts= folder to be available in case of need (just copy+paste to init.d)

Ver. 1.9 and NFS Changelog:
    - Compiled with Toolchain UBERTC 6.4.1 + GRAPHITE optimizations
    - Updated to Samsung Open Source N950FXXU5CRK2
    - Updated to Linux 4.4.169
    - used net (Wifi + Bluetooth) from stock N950FXXU5CRK2 (better stability overall)
    - added Synapse support (with a lot of optinons, a lot)
    - added Spectrum profiles to Synapse
    - clean-up some Synapse action scripts
    - added clean Synapse data from kernel .zip on flash
    - zip flashing script fixes
    - added /data temp files cleaning and fstrim when charging starts
    - added patches and fixes for compatibility with Synapse to various drivers (hotpluger, logger, s.o)
    - added ROW and FIFO I/O Schedulers
    - various ramdisk fixes
    - Phantom ramdisk scripts updated
    - ramdisk changes, added some more tweaks and optimizations
    - reverted some old VM tweaks for better battrey life
    - set voLTE enabled props from ramdisk (just in case...)
    - Spectrum profiles updated and bugs fixes
    - made Spectrum profile to reset on boot for Synapse compatibility
    - added zipalign and sqlite optimization scripts to /=Phantom Scripts= folder to be available in case of need (just copy+paste to init.d)
    - CPU Samsungplug optimizations and CPU core control
    - Spectrum profiles updated (added core control)
    - enabled schedule workqueues on awake CPUs as default
    - Boeffla wakelock blocker wakelocks tunning
    - GPU.mali tuning
    - LED voltage ajustments and intensity control updated/fixed (use this with Synapse for better compatibility)
    - Smart Screen Dimming optimizations (when brightness hits 0 gamma starts increasing)
    - added multipath TCP
    - multipath TCP added to Synapse
    - added back TCP congestion: lia, olia, wvegas, balia (MPTCP linked)
    - disabled Kernel logging on boot as default
    - 100% compatibility with Spectrum and Synapse, with Mtweaks not so much.

Ver 1.8.1 and 1.8.1 NFS Changelog:
    - merged/used ELS source tree updated to Linux 4.4.163
    - SELinux quick fix for deodexed ROMs
    - added ramdisk patch for SELinux to always permissive.

Ver 1.8 and 1.8 NFS Changelog:
    - compiled with UBERTC 5.4.1 + GRAPHITE optimizations
    - merged/used ELS source three updated to Linux 4.4.162
    - added Smart Screen Dimming
    - panel optimizations and mdnie override RGB posibility
    - added mega SeLinux patch (thanks to @corsicanu)
    - boot SeLinux FLAGS set to always permissive and fake enforced
    - Spectrum profiles updated
    - wifi drivers updated from N950FXXU5CRHA (blobs removed)
    - battery_v2 drivers update (N950FXXU5CRHA)
    - other updates from N950FXXU5CRHA
    - removed TCP congestion algorithms: LIA, OLIA,WVEGAS,BALIA
    - removed MPTCP (old Samsung driver - compatibility issue)
    - added ODM workaround to ramdisk
    - GPU and CPU performance optimizations
    - HMP improvements
    - updated GMS Doze .xml
    - default TCP congestion algorithm is westwood
    - ...other small bug fixes and tweaks

Ver 1.8 NFS Changelog:
    * all of ver.1.8 changes and:
    - increased Voltage for 683 mhz step by 50 (max possible to be safe)
    - Spectrum profiles updated to get more performance compared to ver. 1.8

Ver 1.7 and 1.7-NFS Changelog:
    - update to Linux 4.4.161
    - merged/used ELS Project source tree updated to Linux 4.4.160
    - schedutil governor fix (reverted to old code because new code caused random reboots)
    - optimized interactive governor set as default on boot and for balanced profile
    - All Spectrum profiles updated with optimizations, some changes and fixes.
    - WireGuard updated to latest
    - added CPU Touch boost extended with scheduler tune based on top apps (disabled as default).
    - security patch fix for SELinux always to permissive mode (to fix FCs of LockScreen/Settings on Deluxe ROM and other)
    - led (fade) control update. Now it's more than fade.
    - RGB Leds brighness/timing tweaks.
    - ramdisk fixes
    - added swap support back
    - disabled UKMS to run on boot

Ver 1.6 Changelog:
    - Updated to Samsung Open Source N950FXXU5CRHA
    - Updated ramdisk to N950FXXU5CRHA
    - updated to Linux 4.4.159
    - introduce Exynos dtbtool to the Linux build system (Credits & Thanks: @farovitus & @corsicanu)
    - build from dts rev7 (Credits & Thanks: @farovitus & @corsicanu)
    - 99killer script update
    - phantom ramdisk scripts update
    - added 4 more boeffla wakeloks to block
    - Phantom customizations fixes
    - Spectrum battery, balanced profiles changes to use schedutil governor
    - minor CPU scaling method update
    - CPU.little default governor set to schedutil
    - schedutil governor updated and tweaked for better performance and battery life
    - schedutil governor changes to use different rate limit when in suspend/active

Ver 1.6 NFS Changelog (EXPERIMENTAL):
    * NFS VERSION HAS THE SAME SAFE PARAMETERS AS THE NON-EXPERIMENTAL VERSION ON BOOT, but probably will generate more heat *
    - Same changes as ver. 1.6
    - CPU OC possibility to 2.8 Ghz (2808000 mhz)
    - GPU OC possibility to 683 mhz
    - GPU OC without CPU frequency restrictions
    - Spectrum profile "Gaming" OC-ed at 2.7Ghz / 572 mhz
    (No support will be given if something goes wrong while using the NFS version! AND don't blame me if you burn something.)

Ver 1.5 Changelog
    - updated to Linux 4.4.153
    - CRGA ramdisk update
    - added UKSM 0.1.2.6
    - Possible max CPU OC frequency set to 2704 Mhz
    - added darkness and bioshock governors
    - added max GPU frequency of 572 mhz
    - Some GPU optimizations (slightly a bit more battery life and more performance)
    - Set Spectrum balance profile max GPU speed of 455 mhz on boot (better battery life)
    - disabled some logging, debugging and tracing
    - added NTFS/ISO9660/UDF FS Support
    - added Automount FS Manager 4 support
    - added more TCP congestion algorithms (bic, reno, cubic, westwood, highspeed, hybla, htcp, wvegas, vegas, scalable, lp, yeah, veno,lia, olia, illinois, balia)
    - moved 99killer script to /.phantom folder (in case you need it)
    - fixed Spectrum and Mtweaks incompatibility when using both apps
    - added SysFS control for printk logger
    - updated LZ4 kernel module to LZ4 v1.7.3
    - a lot of ramdisk fixes and optimizations
    - removed SEC_SELINUX
    - added a more efficient RMM lock patch
    - added fake FLAGS to help Magisk
    - update the installer script from kernel .zip file
    ... and some other stuff that i don't recall.
    At the moment I'm working on the Phantom Kernel PIE version... it's a work in progress and when I consider it to be ready, I'll release it, just have patience...
    Version 1.9 and 1.9 NFS are up.
    Enjoy... and Merry Christmas!