30.7 KB · Views: 703
  • 1425559197968.jpg
    1425559197968.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 701

prabhu_91

Sep 29, 2013
Thane
Nice kernel

@educk nice kernel. trying it now with cataclysm. will report back soon. good decision regarding hotplugging and voltage control.

@educk using it for last 20 hours. I must say i'm impressed by kernel's balance between performance and battery life.

One thing i must request is the ability to adjust thermal throttling(btw is it stock values in v1.1???), I'm asking because i was playing subway surfer during office lunch break and after some time it started to shutter.

Another thing i have noticed is that headphone poweramp gain & headphone gain shows " current value is not supported" and doesn't stick, even if i change it. FYI i'm using kernel aduitor app.

Keep it lean and unbloated and it may become the best kernel out there.

Cheers :good:

ej8989

Jul 8, 2012
Manila
Updated to v1.1.

Code:
[B][04.02.2015] v1.1[/B]
* RAMDISK: Added missing service_contexts for themes and torch (better support CM Theme Engine)
* Improved Updater-Script

This should fix problems on ROM's which use CM's theme engine.

Still bootloops on SOKP. I wiped cache before and after flashing the kernel.

educk

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2012
@educk using it for last 20 hours. I must say i'm impressed by kernel's balance between performance and battery life.

One thing i must request is the ability to adjust thermal throttling(btw is it stock values in v1.1???), I'm asking because i was playing subway surfer during office lunch break and after some time it started to shutter.

Another thing i have noticed is that headphone poweramp gain & headphone gain shows " current value is not supported" and doesn't stick, even if i change it. FYI i'm using kernel aduitor app.

Keep it lean and unbloated and it may become the best kernel out there.

Cheers :good:

By default the thermal profile is slightly cooler than stock. The thing is that I don't use custom in-kernel thermal drivers so applying thermal profiles must be done in userspace. My kernel control app is capable of that (as of latest update which will hit the PlayStore in a few hours).
I'm able to edit the Headphone gain in my app and also in original app by Faux123, I'm not sure what kernel aduitor app does.

Hi,
Looking forward to trying your kernel. One question - what kernel tuning app do you recommend? I mostly use FKU. Will that do the job?
Yup FKU should be good but you won't be able to edit Wake Gestures and such. For full support you could use my app (read second post) or ElementalX app which is compatible.

Still bootloops on SOKP. I wiped cache before and after flashing the kernel.

I don't know what else they added to the Ramdisk. I guess the kernel is not compatible with SOKP at the moment.

advanced color control and delete the duplicated frequencies of gpu, please? :D

KCAL is under testing, until it's done, you have the old Gamma Control Interface and profiles support and I'm not sure what you mean by "duplicated GPU frequencies", they are indeed duplicated in sysfs but my app displays them properly.

Last edited:

RonnellTapawan

Dec 30, 2013
.KCAL is under testing, until it's done, you have the old Gamma Control Interface and profiles support and I'm not sure what you mean by "duplicated GPU frequencies", they are indeed duplicated in sysfs but my app displays them properly.

im using ElementalX kernel app, i guess the app is the reason. btw, thanks :)

granets

Oct 14, 2011
Vratsa
Hello again,
So I started using your kernel yesterday, and it looks good so far. Will have to wait for it to settle for another cycle to see what battery life is like, but it appears to be on par with most top kernels. It is also a very smooth kernel, so I'd say - Good Job! Only one thing - I don't think it's a good idea to have your kernel app be in Beta, and be paid. One or the other. Even in games, beta tests are free. Plus, you are bound to get more users to try your app, if it's free (at least while in beta). But that's just my 2 cents.

Reactions: shadowdevil

prabhu_91

Sep 29, 2013
Thane
@granets I do agree with you on one thing. It's a quality work indeed. @educk please make the thermal profile same as stock(or more relaxed) to eliminate constant throttling. Consider your fellow counterparts living in hot Indian subcontinent ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5

Last edited:

educk

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2012
@granets I do agree with you on one thing. It's a quality work indeed. @educk please make the thermal profile same as stock(or more relaxed) to eliminate constant throttling. Consider your fellow counterparts living in hot Indian subcontinent ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5

Next version will include by default the non aggressive thermal profile.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

JJsevol

Jan 8, 2012
big city
Not sure if you already know but it seems like latest cm12 theme engine changes and the kernel are not working together. If I try to install any theme it fails to install. If I remove the kernel I can install the theme. Really liking your kernel so giving feedback.

Chirag7

Jun 22, 2015
@educk , I know your kernel is amazing, I've tested it and it is very stable. However, can you add some cherry-picks and features from Electroactive kernel? I know that you mentioned that you do not want to add hotplug drivers, but the stock thermal driver overheats very easily and isn't that efficient. I had the same problems with Electroactive until the dev implemented his new thermal driver and I could play games for hours without my cpu temperature rising over 50 degrees C and the great part was no stuttering and very stable too! Here are some features I think you should use (all creds to @Electrex):
-Thermal driver (MSM-Thermal-X): https://github.com/Electrex/Electroactive-N5/blob/Electroactive-2.00/drivers/thermal/msm_thermal.c
-Electroactive CPU governor: https://github.com/Electrex/Electroactive-N5/blob/Electroactive-2.00/drivers/cpufreq/cpufreq_electroactive.c
-MSM MP-Decision: https://github.com/Electrex/Electroactive-N5/blob/Electroactive-2.00/arch/arm/mach-msm/msm_mpdecision.c
-Power aware cpu scheduling implementation: https://github.com/Electrex/Electroactive-N5/compare/6859af71...0b51c761

Thanks again @educk!

And btw why is the kernel app not showing in the play store?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    rsz_1finallogo.png

Hello everyone!
    I proudly present the Phenom Kernels for Hammerhead.
    This is based on Google Lollipop sources so it is suitable for all AOSP based ROM's (including stock).

Features include:
    * Overclocking support
    * Screen off frequency customization
    * Wake gestures
    * Sweep2wake/DoubleTap2Wake
    * USB Fast Charge
    * Charge light support
    * Gamma Control
    * Vibration intensity Control
    * Kexec Hard-boot (for MultiROM support)
    * FauxSound support
    * Reduced minimum panel brightness
    * QCOM Adreno and other KGSL patches
    * EXT4 optimizations
    * F2FS support
    * 3G USB Modem Support
    * Fsync ON/OFF Support
    * memcpy and memmove optimizations
    * -O3 optimization level with selective flags (using -mcpu=cortex-a15 for MSM Krait target)
    * Linaro 4.9.3 Toolchain with Hard-Float support optimized for Cortex-A15
    * More Linux/CAF patches are under testing and waiting to be implemented

DOWNLOAD LINK

Sources:
    https://github.com/erik96/hammerhead/tree/phenom-msm-hammerhead-stable

CREDITS:
    Christopher83 (Cristoforo Cataldo)
    flar2 (Aaron Segaert)
    Faux123 (Paul Reioux)
    showp1984 (Dennis Rassmann)
    myfluxi
    v1.1

Updated to v1.1.

Code:
    [B][04.02.2015] v1.1[/B]
    * RAMDISK: Added missing service_contexts for themes and torch (better support CM Theme Engine)

This should fix problems on ROM's which use CM's theme engine.
    Changelog and Features list

Phenom Kernel Control App

Phenom Kernel has its own control app available for beta testing. Please note that this thread is meant for kernel discussions only. For app support, please refer to the Google+ Community

Notice:
    I'm willing to accept feature requests. You can post these in the thread.

Features which will not be implemented at this point:

*Voltage Control : from my experience in testing various kernels for hammerhead, lowering the voltages for the CPU Frequencies has no visible effect on battery consumption. In fact, I've seen more complaints from users who got kernel panics and soft-reboots as a result from lowering the voltages. At this point, my goal is to focus on stability and therefore this feature won't be implemented, for now.

*Custom HotPlug kernel drivers : I actually built some kernels which had custom HotPlug drivers which other developers use. The problem was that neither is perfect and could cause instabilities. I have a group of testers which tried these kernels and reported slight performance drops in games and overall UI functionality. Therefore I decided to leave them out from the public releases.

Changelog:
    [04.02.2015] v1.1

[04.02.2015] v1.0
    *Initial stable release

Features List:

Sweep2Wake
    This feature will allow you to turn the display on by swiping your fingers across the screen.

sysfs file: /sys/android_touch/sweep2wake
    Possible values:
    0 - disabled
    1 - sweep right
    2 - sweep left
    4 - sweep up
    8 - sweep down

Doubletap2Wake
    This feature will allow you to turn the display on by double tapping on the screen.

sysfs file: /sys/android_touch/doubletap2wake
    Possible values:
    0 - disabled
    1 - bottom of the screen
    2 - full screen

Sweep2Wake & DoubleTap2Wake timeout
    This feature allows you to automatically disable SW2W and DT2W after a certain timeout.
    Default is 30 minutes;

sysfs file: /sys/android_touch/wake_timeout

Possible values: between 5 and 120 minutes.

USB Fast Charge
    This feature will force charging at a higher rate when connected to a USB port. It will not disable data transfer.

sysfs file: /sys/kernel/fast_charge/force_fast_charge

Fsync ON/OFF support
    This feature will let you to enable/disable Fsync.

Sysfs file: /sys/module/sync/parameters/fsync_enabled

Max screen-off frequency
    This feature will allow you to cap the CPU frequency when the screen is off to save battery.

sysfs file: /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/screen_off_max_freq

Vibration intensity control
    This feature will allow you to set the vibration intensity.

Sysfs file: /sys/class/timed_output/vibrator/amp

Possible values: any value from 0 to 100

Faux Sound
    You can tweak mic gain, speaker gain and other tunnables.

sysfs folder: /sys/kernel/sound_control_3
    @educk , I know your kernel is amazing, I've tested it and it is very stable. However, can you add some cherry-picks and features from Electroactive kernel? I know that you mentioned that you do not want to add hotplug drivers, but the stock thermal driver overheats very easily and isn't that efficient. I had the same problems with Electroactive until the dev implemented his new thermal driver and I could play games for hours without my cpu temperature rising over 50 degrees C and the great part was no stuttering and very stable too! Here are some features I think you should use (all creds to @Electrex):
    -Thermal driver (MSM-Thermal-X): https://github.com/Electrex/Electroactive-N5/blob/Electroactive-2.00/drivers/thermal/msm_thermal.c
    -Electroactive CPU governor: https://github.com/Electrex/Electroactive-N5/blob/Electroactive-2.00/drivers/cpufreq/cpufreq_electroactive.c
    -MSM MP-Decision: https://github.com/Electrex/Electroactive-N5/blob/Electroactive-2.00/arch/arm/mach-msm/msm_mpdecision.c
    -Power aware cpu scheduling implementation: https://github.com/Electrex/Electroactive-N5/compare/6859af71...0b51c761

Thanks again @educk!

And btw why is the kernel app not showing in the play store?

Sent from my Nexus 5

Next version will include by default the non aggressive thermal profile.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app