[KERNEL][PIE][CLANG] TNO Kernel

thenotonly

Jan 21, 2014
Quatre-Bornes
I'm very interested in how you updated the kernel to linux-stable. I tried doing that multiple times but it was just too hard for me.
Cherry picking each tag one by one, resolving the conflicts one by one and skipping commits i can't fix.

I'm working on a caf based kernel that will be merged with Linux-stable.

I'm getting some issues after fixing tag 06600. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Emanel000000

Mar 29, 2017
well apparently if i install it through twrp it works on lineage os but my magisk is gone and if i install the image of magisk the kernel dissapears so i cant keep it how can i have like both ? from what i know shouldnt it have magisk with it ?

Last edited:

Emanel000000

Mar 29, 2017
well apparently if i install it through twrp it works on lineage os but my magisk is gone and if i install the image of magisk the kernel dissapears so i cant keep it how can i have like both ? from what i know shouldnt it have magisk with it ?
(edit: i managed to do that by using franko kernel manager because if u let the twrp image lineage will bootloop so i flashed the kernel with fk kernel manager and magisk after without reboot between instalations then after i installed both i rebooted thte phone and i managed to have both doing that so for those who wants it on lineage it works good )

Last edited:

LameMonster82

Apr 15, 2017
localhost
Cherry picking each tag one by one, resolving the conflicts one by one and skipping commits i can't fix.

I'm working on a caf based kernel that will be merged with Linux-stable.

I'm getting some issues after fixing tag 06600. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
That's a hell of a lot commits to cherry pick. I may not be able to help since I don't really understand the kernel that well but still a great job you just did.

Emanel000000

Mar 29, 2017
Well i have some sugestions for the kernel :
speculative page fault allows for faster app opening speeds https://github.com/TwistedKernel/Twisted-845/commit/1d828b7c95e25878a5b33bc445e2b75dc18ecced#diff-d310afb8b4bbb23aefeb8e9ce8ee7686 there is the code prolly it works since is for same soc im not that into coding so i dont know much im just trying to help
Energy model from pixel 3
Try to debloat the kernel like remove unnecessary codes to make the kernel lighter and that result in a faster boot
F2FS updated from Pixel 3
RapidGC for better F2FS performance
Dynamic F-sync
CRC disabled for better storage performance
Zen and FIops i/o scheduler
Update schedutil from sd855 kernels
add pwrutilx , blu_schedutil governors
KCAL
Remove some of speculative execution mitigations such as SSBD like have u ever heard for attacks such as meltdown spectre on android lol and those have an impact in performance
i hope u can add some of the features, good luck and thanks for your work

Last edited:
Reactions: diemoon98

thenotonly

Jan 21, 2014
Quatre-Bornes
Feature requests:
0% auto brightness
Option (terminal is fine) to lower overall auto screen brightness by X percent (feels like it's unnecessarily bright under normal light)
Force QuadDac high impedance
(No idea how it works and if possible from your side, but it's LG G7 kernel specific, or so I have heard ->) Somehow make JamesDSP magisk add-on work
Make it so that CPU/GPU/IO settings sticks (in kernel auditor for example) (maybe implemented ?, fells like it's resetting)
CPU governors: Alucard, OnDemandPlus
GPU governors: Adreno Idler
I/O scheduler: Zen
I will try to work on some of your suggestions.

Can you further explain this: 0% auto brightness

Force QuadDac high impedance: You can trigger it by plugging charger before connecting headphones. I don't think forcing it to high impedance will be liked by everyone. I personally don't like it as it gives too much bass response in my car.

JamesDSP magisk add-on: will try to see how to make it work

Any idea where I can find a source with these?

FluffyDiscord

Feb 7, 2018
I will try to work on some of your suggestions.

Can you further explain this: 0% auto brightness

Force QuadDac high impedance: You can trigger it by plugging charger before connecting headphones. I don't think forcing it to high impedance will be liked by everyone. I personally don't like it as it gives too much bass response in my car.

JamesDSP magisk add-on: will try to see how to make it work

Any idea where I can find a source with these?
Auto brightness: the lowest value, which system automatically goes to, is around 10%. Which in dark/night, is unnecessarily high. It feels like it is locked to this value, as to when I leave auto brightness on and slide the slider to the "0%", it goes back up after slight light change and won't go back to 0% when I enter again the dark room. If there is such a default value, option to change it would be awesome, without 3rd party apps (except terminal to set it up).

About the governors: I have no idea what to look for, I am sorry. I found something, git commits, but I doub it's the thing you need.
CPU: https://git.sphere.ly/tucstwo/cam-test/commit/1df4f4d951827268ea54bfaeb1c3731762b803c2?expanded=1
GPU: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_kernel_xiaomi_cancro/+/107823

Thank you for your time :good:

thenotonly

Jan 21, 2014
Quatre-Bornes
Auto brightness: the lowest value, which system automatically goes to, is around 10%. Which in dark/night, is unnecessarily high. It feels like it is locked to this value, as to when I leave auto brightness on and slide the slider to the "0%", it goes back up after slight light change and won't go back to 0% when I enter again the dark room. If there is such a default value, option to change it would be awesome, without 3rd party apps (except terminal to set it up).

About the governors: I have no idea what to look for, I am sorry. I found something, git commits, but I doub it's the thing you need.
CPU: https://git.sphere.ly/tucstwo/cam-test/commit/1df4f4d951827268ea54bfaeb1c3731762b803c2?expanded=1
GPU: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_kernel_xiaomi_cancro/+/107823

For the brightness part. I believe this has more to do with your usage. If i'm not mistaken LG has an AI thing for preferences, mine won't go lower than 20%, it likes to stick around 25%. Which I can say over time I used to increase the brightness slightly everytime I'm in complete darkness and maybe it learned it that way.

And as far as I know there is no default level set in the kernel, there is a min_level of 0 which means backlight off and max_level of 255 which sets it to boosted backlight. So I believe this is more related to the OS than the kernel.

LameMonster82

Apr 15, 2017
localhost

Auto brightness is controlled by the system UI. Not the kernel

Reactions: diemoon98

washwash

May 29, 2014
as a suggestion would be nice to have "battery idle mode" , i'm talking about using this app that use this mode to redirect the charge power to the phone, and cifs to mount lan folders

Last edited: