[KERNEL][PIE][OC/UC]LM-G710 XDkernel-V1.7

manuhuelva

Mar 30, 2010
Huelva
@LameMonster82 could u help us to resolve the @geresh007 bootloop error at trying to boot the twrp 3.3.1.0 in a sprint version from qfil? U can read since post #72. I cant help him coz idh the knowledge about non EM versions. If u cant, could u tell us any user Who could do? Or a telegram chat for supoort? Any help would be apreciated.

Thank you.

Yeedatoy

Jul 18, 2018
Charlotte
Hi guys,

Running 3dmark on the Phone, I achieve more score on "Performance" Mode than "Gaming" mode. Idk how it happens, but if anyone can help me I'd be very grateful. I don't know if it's related to which 3dmark is a synthetic test. But if the app is advertised as the benchmark of gamers, I would say that I should receive more score in "Gaming" mode. The problem is that I don't know which game has an internal fps counter in the apk, or which app would show me the current fps of a game, like fraps on pc. This way I could get out of doubt. As last thing, in the 3dmark app, They look like data related to the cpu (temperature, ghz, battery drain).
But nothing gpu-related appears.

Score

Performance - 4511 opengl / 4169 vulkan
Gaming - +/-2500 points on both.

At least I have to say that in Performance it makes a fool of the stock score. But what I want to confirm is whether the gaming mode is useless, or it's just not made to run a benchmark of these features, but it's only made to run games.

Thank you

PD: both images from Performance mode, dont have from Gaming mode, but was about 2500 points +/- on gaming mode.
I believe this is explained in the OnePlus no gravity kernel thread, as this Kernel seems to be based on it. The performance mode is going to outperform gaming mode when it comes to everyday use, I believe that it is stated by the original developer. https://forum.xda-developers.com/poco-f1/development/kernel-gravity-t4004339

---------- Post added at 03:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 AM ----------

I believe this is explained in the OnePlus no gravity kernel thread, as this Kernel seems to be based on it. The performance mode is going to outperform gaming mode when it comes to everyday use, I believe that it is stated by the original developer. https://forum.xda-developers.com/poco-f1/development/kernel-gravity-t4004339
Yes, it is only meant for gaming specifically. Performance mode is the best option IMO for daily use. I actually dropped the profiles and run LKT magisk along with it's memory optimizer module. It's adaptive and the Zram fluctuates between 980mb and 2000 accordingly.

manuhuelva

Mar 30, 2010
Huelva

---------- Post added at 03:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 AM ----------

Yes, it is only meant for gaming specifically. Performance mode is the best option IMO for daily use. I actually dropped the profiles and run LKT magisk along with it's memory optimizer module. It's adaptive and the Zram fluctuates between 980mb and 2000 accordingly.
Thx for the reply mate. I would like to test it, can i use the 3.0 module with this kernel? or have to back stock? Want to try coz i discovered a new bug that makes wifi useless on balanced mode, speed rates are really slow, have to swich mobile data or enable performance profile for have a working wifi. I readed that cant work properly if spectrum installed due to interference. The reason for want to test is get better performance on games, less drain, etc... Do u Recommend the memory optimizer?

Ty mate

PD: im on stock 20j

Last edited:

Yeedatoy

Jul 18, 2018
Charlotte
Wow. I wonder what went wrong? 3.0 is what I'm running and memory optimizer as well. Ive never had an issue, running Osmosis BusyBox or Ferravolt's Brutal BusyBox. I recently switched to Ferravolt's.

Attachments

Yeedatoy

Jul 18, 2018
Charlotte
Also, if you edit the Spectrum.sh file, you can set the default profile to performance.

Change:
Setprop.persist.spectrum.profile=0
To:
Setprop.persist.spectrum.profile=1

Scroll down to balanced(default profile)
And copy and cut (default profile) and paste it next to perfomance profile.

Are you unable to use a persistent TWRP that allows full backups? Can you crossflash to ULM20e and flash the 20e TWRP? After screwing up my G7 3 times, it only takes me 10 minutes to go back to ULM11g Oreo and get to rooted 20e Pie. My TWRP backups are around 17gb, as it allows me to backup every partition.

Last edited:

manuhuelva

Mar 30, 2010
Huelva
Also, if you edit the Spectrum.sh file, you can set the default profile to performance.

Change:
Setprop.persist.spectrum.profile=0
To:
Setprop.persist.spectrum.profile=1

Scroll down to balanced(default profile)
And copy and cut (default profile) and paste it next to perfomance profile.

Are you unable to use a persistent TWRP that allows full backups? Can you crossflash to ULM20e and flash the 20e TWRP? After screwing up my G7 3 times, it only takes me 10 minutes to go back to ULM11g Oreo and get to rooted 20e Pie. My TWRP backups are around 17gb, as it allows me to backup every partition.
Sorry for the delay to answer. I didn't see you answering me until today, I probably saw it, but I'd think I'd answer you later. Forgive my manners.

Maybe I can't do this, or I can't modify the partition properly because I haven't flashed the dm-verity disabler?
Reading about the dm veriry disabler, I remembered that there was a zip in the op folder and that brought me back to this topic, and then see that you answered me and I ignored, once again Excuse me.

It is amazing how many modules you have without any problem, I would like to know the process you use to do all that, do not if you stop the bloatware, or disable it via systemless or adb.per I have had to format many times because I did not find the way to leave as clean as possible the mobile without losing functions. For example I had to format several times to realize that what caused the preview screen of a screenshot to disappear was that I uninstalled the Quick help app, which meant that I couldn't share the screenshots right after I made them.

And that's for telling you something.

I would like to know what the dm-verity is for, and if necessary for the rom stock. I have the problem that if I uninstall app from the system, these reappears on reboot, that does not happen to me if I disable from adb or uninstall it from a magisk systemlessy module.
I don't know if the dm-verity is responsible for me not being able to wipe in trwp partitions, etc...

There's a lot I don't know. For me ideal would be an aosp with the stock camera, but it is impossible, I would like to know if there is any way to uninstall the gapps of the stock rum to install microg, and so not have radioactive tasks in my ram, such as the "covid-19 exposure" that Google has implemented to do more tracking even than it does with its gapps.

I am a small padawan who wants to master the art of modifying android to my liking.

Hey, I'm sorry about the super rambling comment that I pulled out of my sleeve, but I just wanted you to understand the context.

Thank you.

---------- Post added at 01:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

Pd: Thank you for telling me about modifying the default kernel profile, I will default to saving mode, because when I want to give power to my mobile, I switch it to performance.

---------- Post added at 01:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 AM ----------

Pd2: If you see the text repeated, and because my phone has been turned off without battery, it is a good thing that Firefox has saved me what I had written, but it has overlapped me several times.

---------- Post added at 01:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

Pd2: If you see the text repeated, and because my phone has been turned off without battery, it is a good thing that Firefox has saved me what I had written, but it has overlapped me several times.

Pd3: Mine is 710EM20j (international)

Last edited:

Yeedatoy

Jul 18, 2018
Charlotte
The way I debloated was with Icebox App Freezer. You can freeze any system app with it and after you install it, there is a module In the Magisk repo that adds to it's functionality. Once you're sure that the apps you've disabled have not caused any issues, then you may uninstall them through ADB.

3C all in one tool box is it great app as well, and after opening it up it will automatically install a magisk module to help edit your build prop systemlessly, as well as a system helper APK. This way anything you change remove can be undone through the removal of the module.

Honestly I think I've had a bit of luck. I think if you crossflash to the ULM and install the corresponding TWRP things may be more stable and you'll be more confident when it comes to experimenting with things knowing that you have a backup. There have been two times that I've had to completely revert back to Oreo and reinstall root and then flash back to Pie, but both times would do to really dumb mistakes on my end, otherwise system has seemed almost bulletproof. I'm actually running 41 magisk modules.... LOL. I have no idea it was that many until I read your post and decided to count. I recently took my spectrum Mobile SIM card and stuck it in the G7 and against everything Spectrum has told me, the service works perfectly. Volte, RCS, WiFi calling... I had to order an LG Stylo 5 from them because the six other phones I have lying around we're supposedly incompatible.
Basically they are lying to everyone.

Attachments

Reactions: manuhuelva

manuhuelva

Mar 30, 2010
Huelva
The way I debloated was with Icebox App Freezer. You can freeze any system app with it and after you install it, there is a module In the Magisk repo that adds to it's functionality. Once you're sure that the apps you've disabled have not caused any issues, then you may uninstall them through ADB.

3C all in one tool box is it great app as well, and after opening it up it will automatically install a magisk module to help edit your build prop systemlessly, as well as a system helper APK. This way anything you change remove can be undone through the removal of the module.

Honestly I think I've had a bit of luck. I think if you crossflash to the ULM and install the corresponding TWRP things may be more stable and you'll be more confident when it comes to experimenting with things knowing that you have a backup. There have been two times that I've had to completely revert back to Oreo and reinstall root and then flash back to Pie, but both times would do to really dumb mistakes on my end, otherwise system has seemed almost bulletproof. I'm actually running 41 magisk modules.... LOL. I have no idea it was that many until I read your post and decided to count. I recently took my spectrum Mobile SIM card and stuck it in the G7 and against everything Spectrum has told me, the service works perfectly. Volte, RCS, WiFi calling... I had to order an LG Stylo 5 from them because the six other phones I have lying around we're supposedly incompatible.
Basically they are lying to everyone.
Thank you very much for ur time mate, now i can do more with my g7, but do u have the stock or a custom rom? The question is for know if is worth disable the dm-verify.

Thx again.

slyxo

Oct 28, 2011
Which version is working with latest EM 20k firmware please?
Shoud I remove downloaded ZIP to IMG when flashing via fastboot?

Last edited:

Yeedatoy

Jul 18, 2018
Charlotte
Thank you very much for ur time mate, now i can do more with my g7, but do u have the stock or a custom rom? The question is for know if is worth disable the dm-verify.

Thx again.
Stock Pie. Ulm20E. Google Fi model originally, but Coss flashed to US unlocked though there isn't much difference between the two.

manuhuelva

Mar 30, 2010
Huelva
Stock Pie. Ulm20E. Google Fi model originally, but Coss flashed to US unlocked though there isn't much difference between the two.
Thank you mate, But you haven't answered the dm-verity question. What I would like to know is if you need to apply this zip in the recovery for fully work of the custom-kernel over stock rom.

Yeedatoy

Jul 18, 2018
Charlotte
Thank you mate, But you haven't answered the dm-verity question. What I would like to know is if you need to apply this zip in the recovery for fully work of the custom-kernel over stock rom.
Sorry about that. From my understanding the zip is flashed in order to disable encryption, allowing full access to all partitions in TWRP. Another situation would be if you flash the kernel and reboot and get a message saying that you must wipe the device in order for it to start due to it being encrypted. Booting back to TWRP and flashing the zip would solve that issue. So long as everything is working correctly for you, I don't see why you need it unless you decide to crossflash another firmware and persistent TWRP, or a file that for some strange reason renables encryption. I keep the file on my external SD card just in case I ever run into that problem, which has happened a few times experimenting with kernel flashes. This way I don't have to format my data and lose everything...I can simply flash the zip instead.

Reactions: manuhuelva

manuhuelva

Mar 30, 2010
Huelva
Sorry about that. From my understanding the zip is flashed in order to disable encryption, allowing full access to all partitions in TWRP. Another situation would be if you flash the kernel and reboot and get a message saying that you must wipe the device in order for it to start due to it being encrypted. Booting back to TWRP and flashing the zip would solve that issue. So long as everything is working correctly for you, I don't see why you need it unless you decide to crossflash another firmware and persistent TWRP, or a file that for some strange reason renables encryption. I keep the file on my external SD card just in case I ever run into that problem, which has happened a few times experimenting with kernel flashes. This way I don't have to format my data and lose everything...I can simply flash the zip instead.
Oh mate, Thank you very much, I needed to know how that zip worked, I thought it was necessary for some reason for the kernel to work, but I didn't want to brick the phone. Thanks to you I know I don't have to worry anymore.
You have given me the help that I have not seen in any forum or website, I have spent many days trying to know what the hell that zip was.

Thank you mate.

Pd: I have another little question :p
I have noticed that from crossflash so many times, my phone has lost the serial number, I went to look at it the other day in the box of the smartphone, but the imei sticker and everything else with information has been ripped from the box my small cousin playing... So, I don't know what my phone is 100%. Is the imeipro.info page reliable to get the missing data? I know how it works but I'm afraid to introduce the imei on that website... I also thought that if I call Amazon, Where I bought the cell phone, they could send me the sticker information, but I don't know if they'll have it or not.
It's a because I don't know if I need the serial number for something...
I also do not be the exact model of the terminal (photo attachment) of those available on the LG page to register the Product.
It sucks that they take away the Sticker unknowingly and without keeping it. I get angry seeing "empty" under s/n in settings. What a nightmare.

Attachments

Last edited:

ricxgp

Nov 26, 2008
Hi!
May I install this kernel in lg 710em stock (locked, and unrooted), and use it with default options?

Thanks.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

manuhuelva

Mar 30, 2010
Huelva
Hi!
May I install this kernel in lg 710em stock (locked, and unrooted), and use it with default options?

Thanks.

Probably u cant, u need unlock the bootloader and install magisk in the "boot_a" and "boot_b" partition for be possible to install it from twrp.
Twrp must be booted from fastboot by "fastboo boot twrp_universal.img"

And if u want to relock the bootloader, u will be forced to wipe by OEM requerimient, then u will have to u-bl and root.

U need stay u-bl and rooted. The ONLY bad thing about root and u-bl is DRM lost, for netflix etc...

But there are magisk mods like debloaters(systemless), dual speaker function, this kernel for example, ads blocking by Hots file (systemless)...

Root is the true path nigga.

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

PD: i have 1.6gb of free ram in idle, thanks to root.

Reactions: ricxgp

ricxgp

Nov 26, 2008
DISCLAIMER!!

I am not responsible in any way for anything that can be happen to your device when you flashing my kernels.You do so at your own risk!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GPU OC to 825 Mhz and eXtended GPU Table

Adjust Energy Model to be inline with Pixel 3

and others....

HOW TO FLASH:

First way:

1. Flash with FASTBOOT
Code:
fastboot flash boot_a “put ur kernel.img here”
2.Reboot

The Second way:

use twrp to flash this boot

The Third way:

If u don't have FASTBOOT or TWRP ,but u have got root then u can use the dd command to flash the boot

use TerminalEmulator and type

Code:
su

dd if=/sdcard/“the name of the kernelboot” of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/boot_a

DOWNLOAD:

XDKernel-V1.4:https://drive.google.com/open?id=13W-ChWGR4DBoMsu-ngVbq7djYcgDdi_J(not includ 20G version)

XDKernel-V1.5:https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sLsZ6FnFlxcWTP8mwgi-pqytxHvpVhKQ

NO V1.6 LOL

XDKernel-V1.7:https://drive.google.com/open?id=12jtwep9cu-zrl6LFi6aXCdX6c-ibOFoM

Link of Spectrum!!:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.frap129.spectrum&hl=zh

FETURE:

GPU OC TO 825MHZ

GPU UC TO 180MHZ

SELINUX PERMISSIVE/ENFORCE

Adjust Energy Model to be inline with Pixel 3

Boeffla WakeLock Blocker

Slimbus OC

Spectrum

I/O Scheduler

-Noop I/O Scheduler

-Deadline I/O Scheduler

-CFQ I/O Scheduler

-Fiops I/O Scheduler

-SIO I/O Scheduler

-ZEN I/O Scheduler

-Anxiety I/O Scheduler

-Maple I/O Scheduler

-BFQ I/O Scheduler

-TripnDroid I/O Scheduler

CPU Governor

-add Pixutil Governor

-add Blu_Schedutil Governor

-add Smurfutil Governor

-add Pixel_smurfuti Governor

Others.

SOURCE CODE:

https://github.com/SmartRu/XDKernel-for-LMG710

Credits

SGCMarkus

J0SH1X

Llama Monster

Nulled_patronxx

Christoph

pappschlumpf

Alvin Carl Mercado

ME
Hi.

May I install this kernel in LG g7 710em, with software version V20k-EUR-XX, via fastboot and use the kernel with default settings?

It is locked, and unrooted.

Thanks.

manuhuelva

Mar 30, 2010
Huelva
Hi.

May I install this kernel in LG g7 710em, with software version V20k-EUR-XX, via fastboot and use the kernel with default settings?

It is locked, and unrooted.

Thanks.

If you get it to work by fastboot, tell me how, because I tried and I've only managed to make the zip work from twrp... The .img files For fastboot they only work with the version for which it was created. The smartest thing to do is to flash from the recovery the 2.0.2 custom zip, which supports all the kdz EM I have tried, 20I, 20H, 20J, and 20k.I've tried every possible combination, and also the .img files on the folder does not support Spectrum for swich the profile.

The smartest thing to do is to flash the 2. 0.2 custom

I added the original boot img of the 20k rom EM, so you don't have to extract it manually from pc.
If you don't know what I'm attaching it to you for, when you try to install magisk, you'll know why I've put it on you here.
Magisk will ask you to remove the boot.img from ur rom, for patch it on magisk manager, and save it to your pc as patched boot compatible with your partition system, allowing it to boot and not bootloop.