[KERNEL] Pixel 2 XL ElementalX

Search This thread

yayakuya

Jul 25, 2012
C:\Earth\Asia\Indonesia\Tangerang
the latest 4.10 doesn't boot (stuck at boot logo) on DotOS.
using 4.07 instead... no matter i dirty or clean flash it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210327-023604.png
    Screenshot_20210327-023604.png
    207.4 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: kronflux

kuchi5

Mar 17, 2021
change your rom

i have same issue while on DotOS with latest version (4.10) but fine with 4.07 version.
even though the security patch is february 2021 (latest version require dec 2020).
but when i switch to Fluid rom & PixelDust, it's running just fine.
what rom? I mean Im currently using android 11.

73sydney

fwiw, i tried this after not playing with kernels for about 6 months, and heres what i learned

1) ElementalX-P2-4.10 leaves my Pixel 2XL unbootable - luckily i made a backup - so a quick trip to bootloader and then fastboot TWRP and flash the backup kernel image to boot got me back up and running

2) There seems to be no way to get the previous version...4.09

3) When trying the 4.07 version the 1st 3 times i tried off AFH, it reported no mirrors, the 4th time i got a single one...

Maybe it would be an idea to have the release before current on AFH? in case of issues?

Last edited:

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
fwiw, i tried this after not playing with kernels for about 6 months, and heres what i learned

1) ElementalX-P2-4.10 leaves my Pixel 2XL unbootable - luckily i made a backup - so a quick trip to bootloader and then fastboot TWRP and flash the backup kernel image to boot got me back up and running

2) There seems to be no way to get the previous version...4.09

3) When trying the 4.07 version the 1st 3 times i tried off AFH, it reported no mirrors, the 4th time i got a single one...

Maybe it would be an idea to have the release before current on AFH? in case of issues?
You need the latest version, which is always available in the EX Kernel Manager app

73sydney

You need the latest version, which is always available in the EX Kernel Manager app

I think you missed the fact the latest, 4.10, bootloops the device?

Leaving with you having to go all the way back to 4.07

Surely having the choice to flash 4.09 is useful?

Especially if youre trying to provide feedback for troubleshooting.

I would think it would be easier for you, if 4.09 was found to be working, to track the changes between 4.09 and 4.10 than 4.07 and 4.10, no?

Last edited:

yayakuya

Jul 25, 2012
I think you missed the fact the latest, 4.10, bootloops the device?

Leaving with you having to go all the way back to 4.07

Surely having the choice to flash 4.09 is useful?

Especially if youre trying to provide feedback for troubleshooting.

I would think it would be easier for you, if 4.09 was found to be working, to track the changes between 4.09 and 4.10 than 4.07 and 4.10, no?
4.10 only boot for some ROMs (tried on Fluid & PixelDust)
the rest aren't (stuck at boot logo) just says, PE, EvoX, DotOS... they're latest build A11.
at least for me.

Reactions: 73sydney

73sydney

4.10 only boot for some ROMs (tried on Fluid & PixelDust)
the rest aren't (stuck at boot logo) just says, PE, EvoX, DotOS... they're latest build A11.
at least for me.

Yup, i am testing Pixel Experience lately...4.07 works, but id be interested to see if 4.09 works, and i thought it would be a useful thing to know to help dev see why 4.10 isnt working

yayakuya

Jul 25, 2012
If 4.10 doesn't work, it's because the ROM is not using the latest graphics drivers
so that's the reason why.
now i can sleep with peace 😋

btw, is there a chance to have kinda "old driver" on 4.10 so we can use it on all ROMs that has it too?
or we can manually update the ROMs graphic driver?
or it's not necessary & just use 4.07?

Reactions: kronflux

Top Liked Posts