• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[KERNEL][Pixel] FrancoKernel - r26 ? 25th Aug

Search This thread

kissme99

Jul 1, 2011
Is charging while phone is off broken? I tried it twice and my OG Pixel had kinda freeze. There was battery logo on a screen but without charging animation. It stuck in same level. Couldn't turn on a phone for a while.

グリッチ

Jul 3, 2014
滋賀県
Is charging while phone is off broken? I tried it twice and my OG Pixel had kinda freeze. There was battery logo on a screen but without charging animation. It stuck in same level. Couldn't turn on a phone for a while.

Happens to many, including myself. It charges, but the screen is always on (phone off) and no charging animation. To turn on you have to hold power for a few seconds.

I think it's a magisk thing, not a kernel thing. Haven't tested on full stock as I immediately jump to a kernel/root when there is an update.

Levan_i

Jan 25, 2016
Im unable to change schedtune.boost value, it keeps returning to 50. I'm on stock pie, kirisakura kernel, but tried other kernels also and it doesn't work either.

Edit: can't apply underclock the cpu option also...
Edit2: underclocking works on Franco kernel, but schedtune.boost still doesn't change.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190327-012809.png
    Screenshot_20190327-012809.png
    181.6 KB · Views: 363
Last edited:

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
Im unable to change schedtune.boost value, it keeps returning to 50. I'm on stock pie, kirisakura kernel, but tried other kernels also and it doesn't work either.

Edit: can't apply underclock the cpu option also...
Edit2: underclocking works on Franco kernel, but schedtune.boost still doesn't change.

The framework resets the schedtune.boost value all the time. It won't change if you use dynamic stune.

ameerazizan97

Jul 9, 2017
Im not sure why ive got this error. Previous version is already installed without any error. Auto flash also didn't work. Im on Lineage OS btw :/

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-05-12-09-28-29.png
    Screenshot_2019-05-12-09-28-29.png
    129.8 KB · Views: 172

Chester47

Mar 7, 2016
Why can't I flash this kernel on pixel dust rom. Google pixel XL. I get using twrp, new image is larger than boot partition. I tried using the Franco app to flash. But still nothing. I want to really undervolt this rom. Any Help?

theameerazizi

Jul 4, 2018
Solution for flashing FrancoKernel r24

Hey guys. I successfully flashed the r24.

We need the stock.img originally from rom. (I use Lineage OS rooted with Magisk)

1. Reboot recovery
2. Dirty flash rom (This process is important to recover the original boot.img, the one in franco backup folder is not really the original one because it was patched with Magisk)
3. Flash TWRP.zip
4. Reboot recovery
5. Flash fk-r24.zip
6. Flash Magisk.zip
7. Reboot system
8. Profit? :)

djjohnnyblaze

Nov 13, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

We need the stock.img originally from rom. (I use Lineage OS rooted with Magisk)

1. Reboot recovery
2. Dirty flash rom (This process is important to recover the original boot.img, the one in franco backup folder is not really the original one because it was patched with Magisk)
3. Flash TWRP.zip
4. Reboot recovery
5. Flash fk-r24.zip
6. Flash Magisk.zip
7. Reboot system

Although I've never had to do this before, returning to stock boot and following your process worked. Thanks!

newbuss

Mar 26, 2011

1. Reboot recovery
3. Flash TWRP.zip
4. Reboot recovery
5. Flash fk-r24.zip
6. Flash Magisk.zip
7. Reboot system

I was able to successfully install the fr-r42.zip but now I have bootloops that eventually boot back to TWRP.

TENN3R

Dec 6, 2014
Trento
Also, instead of flashing the whole factory image, you can just restore the original boot if you extract it from the zip, then in fastboot type "fastboot flash boot boot.img".

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all.

Compatibility:
    Builds from r1 to r5 are for Android 7.1 Nougat only.
    Builds starting with r6 are for Android 7.1.1 Nougat only.
    Builds starting with r12 are for Android 7.1.2 Nougat only.
    Builds starting with r19 are for Android Pie only.

Download:
    https://francokernel.app

Installation:
    Flash the zip in your recovery
    or
    Auto-flash from FK Kernel Manager app, it's magical

Changelog:
    https://francokernel.app
    Scroll down, choose your device & select the latest release to see the changelog.

Source:
    https://github.com/franciscofranco/marlin

Follow me on socials for updates and interesting tidbits
    Twitter

FK Kernel Manager video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARdNqh71D0E

Disclaimer to moderators:
    Slight OT is fine, but when users decide to act stupid they should be dealt with with the appropriate means - its really annoying for me when OT turns crazy. Please put the warning/ban hammer anytime any of you think there's lack of respect and/or too much unwanted OT crap - but if it doesn't meet this criteria let the OT posts alone. Thank you.

Cheers!
    I think the only thing I haven't merged yet is controls for headphone volume boost. Other standard things are already there. Due to the unfortunate fact that we still don't have a custom recovery I haven't touched the ramdisk, so you're just flashing the actual Kernel binary (plus the device tree files that are bundled to it) through the bootloader. It's really straight forward though.
    I wouldn't expect any magical battery improvements yet. Although I've made some custom patches to reduce needlessly cpu idle wakeups (don't confuse this with wakelocks, totally different things), and reducing the load average, I doubt there will be any magical enhancements. Though, I wouldn't be surprised if you get 5-10% better screen on time.

Also merged some upstream patches which gave me roughly 5-10% better Geekbench results on both single and multi threaded tests due to lower lock contention & reduced overhead.

Made sure ZRAM was properly set up too, which didn't seem to be the case by looking through the entire Google's device tree.

There's other things on my patches, but nothing groundbreaking.

Everything is in my github too. You know my approach, no bull****, so don't ask me for merge/add retarded crap.
    r16
    1. Merged July security patches
    2. Merged a couple interesting patches from O-preview 3 release
    3. Finally available as a flashable zip through the recovery enabling several FK Manager & Updater features
    4. Compatible with signature protection enforcing. Flashing this will sign the boot.img afterwards

zip: https://kernels.franco-lnx.net/Pixel/7.1.2/anyKernel/fk-r16-anykernel2.zip

Franco Kernel Manager & Updater is the best companion for this Kernel (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.franco.kernel)

I also strongly suggest you install Naptime (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.franco.doze), for free, to achieve the best battery life through out the day. Try it, you won't be disappointed
    Released r10. Updated verifiedboot patch, updated audio Kernel drivers, disabled dm-verity and merged some upstream patches for the task scheduler
    Pushed r7, includes all the latest security patches + full merge of a newer branch from Google called EAS-experimental which contains a lot of patches for the scheduler & backports from upstream. Also added support to bypass two wlan wakelocks some of you complain about (present on stock rom/Kernel), and added support for USB fast charge (when charging through your computer for example).
    Still having some issues with AK2 support, so this way is still cleaner and ****-free for everyone.