[KERNEL][POCOPHONE] FrancoKernel ? r32 · 7th Sep - MIUI Pie and custom roms

Search This thread

Nikhil

Sep 26, 2012
Ahmedabad
OnePlus 7 Pro
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
I'm quoting you but this advice is for everyone one that wants to know about an update:

before asking, check the kernel source github. It's on the OP. If you check it, you're gonna see that latest commit to franco's kernel was in September. So it's doesn't seem likely this will get an update, at least not by franco (last commit was from other member, I think it's a cherry pick or merge, not sure).
But, seeing that it didn't get any update in months (a lot of things happened since then: new touch drivers, android q, miui 11 on android q) we can assume that it won't get any update anymore :(
that way we don't ask for ETA and still can get some info
It will get updated, Franco was busy with his personal life as he became a Father. :) Really not easy to cope up with everything! If you look at other devices, all of them were not updated. Updates will come when he starts developing kernels again.

the_poseidon

Dec 14, 2019
I am using miui 11 on android 10 with my mi 8 lite device with stock kernel ( mi room beta)

I set cpu n gpu manuel frequencies same as attached also chooes cpu governors as powersave

Choosing powersave mode on cpu governors can effect my manuel cpu frequencies? Shall i close the cpu governor powersave mode?

Also what can i do manuelly on fk kernel manager for battery save?

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-02-08-21-12-18-095_com.franco.kernel.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-02-08-21-12-18-095_com.franco.kernel.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 2,342

Motion Kingpin

Mar 1, 2015
I haven't done ROM related things in awhile, but has anyone had experience with this Kernel and PixelExperience (AOSP)?
The battery drain is insane, read about this kernel, so thought I'd ask.
Thanks.
This kernel is long outdated and not recommended to use again...I personally use Optimus Drunk and love it so far

tehort

May 7, 2011
Sometimes I have to reboot my device in order to get mobile data working back again.
It usually breaks my mobile data after I use wifi.

Latest 10.5 fw and 9.0 Pixel Experience.

edit:
Had to add a custom APN, the problem no longer happens

Last edited:

rishabh3635

Mar 13, 2020
I have installed evolution X custom rom installed on my poco f1 but my IR face unlock is not showing/ working on this rom. Please help me out in this.

TEK023

Oct 17, 2018
**** i just bought fk manager app now it not support for android Q miui

---------- Post added at 01:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

when will you update this kernel for miui androd q base ??????

hyborian

Oct 25, 2017
He didn't abandoned it. He has a child now, and he is focusing on his family. He will come back later...

Ok, still not a super excuse to take 5 minutes and write a simple note here. Same with his Servicely, really looks like abandoned (only on XDA), that was even before his child. I guess XDA is ignored, Twitter is the place to go. I won't hold my breath for an Android 10 version, use Seshstation or Optimus Drunk ...

Reactions: D1stRU3T0R

Indha Lezzio

Dec 22, 2011
Barcelona
Xiaomi Poco F1
Xiaomi Mi 11
Ok, still not a super excuse to take 5 minutes and write a simple note here. Same with his Servicely, really looks like abandoned (only on XDA), that was even before his child. I guess XDA is ignored, Twitter is the place to go. I won't hold my breath for an Android 10 version, use Seshstation or Optimus Drunk ...
Leave, please

Enviado desde mi POCO F1 mediante Tapatalk

hyborian

Oct 25, 2017
OMG....
Developers owe none of us anything.
Stop acting so entitled.
:rolleyes::eek:

My bad, i didnt mean it that way. It would be nice if he just puts a note so people stop asking (although from experience that won't help too, so double my bad). Fine for me, being a long time user since the beginning, and knowing other options. Anyway, all the best to you all.

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

**** i just bought fk manager app now it not support for android Q miui

---------- Post added at 01:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

when will you update this kernel for miui androd q base

FKM does support MIUI Q, in a way. Use Optimus Drunk kernel, it can work with fk profiles. In my case, i just switched to SmartPack kernel manager, and just use fkm now for it's Battery monitor.
Furthermore, you can even use Tasker to activate profiles you create in SmartPack, truly powerful. FKM's per app profile is dicey, fails for some, works for some, Tasker works all the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: D1stRU3T0R

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all.

Compatibility:
    Builds starting with r1 work with MIUI, MIUI Pie Beta and custom roms based on LineageOS.
    Builds starting with r5 are only for MIUI Pie and custom roms.

Download:
    https://francokernel.app

Installation:
    Flash the zip in your recovery
    or
    Auto-flash from FK Kernel Manager app, it's magical

Changelog:
    https://francokernel.app
    Scroll down, choose your device & select the latest release to see the changelog.

Source:
    https://github.com/franciscofranco/beryllium

Follow me on socials for updates and interesting tidbits
    Twitter

FK Kernel Manager video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARdNqh71D0E

Disclaimer to moderators:
    Slight OT is fine, but when users decide to act stupid they should be dealt with with the appropriate means - its really annoying for me when OT turns crazy. Please put the warning/ban hammer anytime any of you think there's lack of respect and/or too much unwanted OT crap - but if it doesn't meet this criteria let the OT posts alone. Thank you.

Cheers!
    My FK Kernel Manager app now fully supports this device. You don't have to, but if you purchase it it supports my work and helps pay the bills.
    FK Kernel Manager: http://get.franciscofranco.xyz
    Will flash this ASAP. A features list would be nice.

Features:
    1. Franco.
    Good morning. I just re-uploaded yet another r14. This one should really fix it. I figured out I wrongly fixed a merge conflict and it was causing the display thread to basically enter a deadlock so it wouldn't turn on.

My deepest apologies. I had a very rough day yesterday, my cat got sick with crystals in the bladder (and I received a nice 300€ vet bill), so when I got back home and worked on this I basically didn't read the code well enough and didn't notice a piece of code that shouldn't be where it is. Then I released. Went to bed, woke up read the comments here, went to the office, tried a few things, though that was it, re-uploaded r14 and thought all was fine. Then woke up today early to give my cat some medication, picked my Pocophone and boom, black screen. Then I read some of the commits and promptly figured it out.

Apologies again, certainly not intended.
    So yeah after 5 hours we cracked it. Re-uploaded r5 and WiFi will work on custom roms. Thanks to @osm0sis for being the MVP and sticking with me!
    Now I have 10 minutes to get into bed before my wife wakes up... oh well.