• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[KERNEL] {PRO} StockPlus Kernel - .587[ROOT+INIT.D+CWM]

Search This thread

thangmao

Dec 18, 2006
I've tried and my phone was black screen (backlight is still on) and I can not do anything.It seems the phone still works but the screen does not display anything. :crying:

cshegde

Dec 22, 2010
Hi, thanks for the post,
currently I am on JJ Hybrid's ROM port for PRO,
will this kernel work be compatible with this ROM

EDIT: I tested it myself, and its working well, thx.

Last edited:

lovely39

Feb 19, 2012
Amritsar
thanks bro... i was waiting for this.but sadly no one do it for previous ICS(MK16i 4.1.B.0.431) release. pls keep it up for next releases by SONY for xperia pro... This make ICS rooting easy & fast..instead of using NEO kernal... everything work fine with my MK16i ....thanks again

Last edited:

Rene_ajax

Jun 17, 2012
Amsterdam
Hey everyone.. I was trying to make a .587 based stock kernel for pro but the opensource package from developer.sonymobile.com seems to be broken.. I couldn't get it working..
Wow u Rock man!
Are you able to add governors, undervolt and MAYBE Doomkernel features??
Then it will be complete:cyclops:
Now im gonna thank you for 8 times:good:

mikhail69

Mar 15, 2012
Angeles City
wow.. thanks bro.. this makes rooting our XPro much more easier..

quick question though.. can we use flashtool in flashing this kernel?..

sent from my SEX-Pro (mk16i) using Tapatalk 2

mikhail69

Mar 15, 2012
Angeles City
Ya.. Sure you can.. but remember you need to use the fastboot toolbox in flashtool..

ayt.. not a problem.. ill let you know how it goes.. im just currently making a nandroid backup off my phone.. :D

now all we need now is to supercharge it.. bwahahahaha!..

EDIT - im lovin the custom kernel.. the rooting process seems to be virtually gone.. flashtool resolved the whole thing.. havent experienced any issues yet.. ill edit the post again in case any issues may arise.. thanks again bro..

Last edited:

sewelam

May 24, 2010
Black Screen

I was near heart attack :D I have flashed this kernel to my beloved Xperia Pro and then I found myself with a black screen of death.
I'm on 4.0.4 and .431 kernel, of course I'm having the international version of the phone MK16i.
To solve the problem I used flashtool to re-flash the .431 and then my device could boot..

Can you tell me where I went wrong I'm on a stock rom btw.

Thanks,
SeWeLam

Rene_ajax

Jun 17, 2012
Amsterdam
I was near heart attack :D I have flashed this kernel to my beloved Xperia Pro and then I found myself with a black screen of death.
I'm on 4.0.4 and .431 kernel, of course I'm having the international version of the phone MK16i.
To solve the problem I used flashtool to re-flash the .431 and then my device could boot..

Can you tell me where I went wrong I'm on a stock rom btw.

Thanks,
SeWeLam
587 dude...

Top Liked Posts