Development [KERNEL]Radioactive Kernel v2.1.5[A14 Stable][04.04.2024][UNIFIED PIXEL7/PIXEL7PRO]

Search This thread

Pixel86

Aug 6, 2021
You can flash on top of any other kernels but is always recommended to flash stock kernel before flashing any custom kernel.
To flash back to stock, do I flash the Magisk modded init_boot with:
Code:
fastbooot flash init_boot Magisk_modded_init_boot.img
or
Code:
fastboot flash boot Magisk_modded_init_boot.img

krkhaha

Dec 28, 2013
Kraków
OnePlus 8
Guys what is your opinion about battery consumption? Because I feel like on Ra battery live is worse than Kirisakura. I'm not sure actually but looks like battery consumption on mobile data is much higher.

wanttotree

Sep 25, 2015
I tried changing the frequencies also, but they reset after turning off the screen. Kirisakura Kernel does the same thing.
You can only change-ish pixel 7/pro frequency range using cleanslate app. Assuming you are running kernels that support them. Currently i think Radioactive, cleanslate and kiri all support it.

cultofluna

Nov 25, 2015
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 7
It is disabled. I was using also a custom kernel on it. Restored the stock kernel, flashed radioactive through FKM.

To flash back to stock, do I flash the Magisk modded init_boot with:
Code:
fastbooot flash init_boot Magisk_modded_init_boot.img
or
Code:
fastboot flash boot Magisk_modded_init_boot.img
Νο..
Υou have to flash on fastboot stock
Boot
Dtbo
Vendor_kernel_boot
And on fastbootd stock vendor_dlkm

Freak07

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 2, 2011
I don't know all the particulars but Android changed the way that frequency is handled some versions back and as a result, it's not recommended to change the explicit frequency because it will revert.
I tried changing the frequencies also, but they reset after turning off the screen. Kirisakura Kernel does the same thing.
as @EtherealRemnant said it´s completely unrelated to the kernel. The same thing will happen on stock kernel and any other modern device. EXKM for example even spits out a warning that the system manages the frequencies.

Users are not supposed to change CPU frequencies via any traditional kernel manager that changes the cpufreq min/max nodes. The framework changes them dynamically based on different conditions (power-hal, thermal-hal) and will constantly overwrite changes done to those nodes.

You can only change-ish pixel 7/pro frequency range using cleanslate app. Assuming you are running kernels that support them. Currently i think Radioactive, cleanslate and kiri all support it.
Radioactive kernel currently has no support for the CleanSlate features/CleanSlate apps on Pixel 7 series.
Maybe that will change in the future though if @acuicultor decides to include it. :)

dDoctar

Oct 21, 2022
sun, moonway
I've activated TTL spoofing related confings in the defconfig although i didn't personally tested.
Just reporting back. I successful flashed your kernel. Very smooth and significantly faster than others. But ttl and hotspot bypass magisk modules do not work. I tested this module and it did not do anything for my tethering hopspot bypass

Note that the module below works perfectly on non kernel pixel factory image (With root access) but for some odd reasons, it doesn't work on any kernel flash including yours. Heres the module,

Can you take a look please?

acuicultor

Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Jan 3, 2013
Palma de Mallorca
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Just reporting back. I successful flashed your kernel. Very smooth and significantly faster than others. But ttl and hotspot bypass magisk modules do not work. I tested this module and it did not do anything for my tethering hopspot bypass

Note that the module below works perfectly on non kernel pixel factory image (With root access) but for some odd reasons, it doesn't work on any kernel flash including yours. Heres the module,

Can you take a look please?
Are you telling me that the above module is working on stock kernel but not in custom ones? Sorry i don't understand what you tried to tell and of course, i'll take a look at this.

Medic1933

Oct 21, 2022
This will be the final incentive I needed to unlock and root this weekend. Usually, a quiet thread means everything is working great. Just curious, how is this kernel running for folks that have been using it a while? So glad to see some awesome devs pouring in for this device

Reactions: Wickidmasshole

Wickidmasshole

Account currently disabled
Apr 4, 2012
Boston Mass
This will be the final incentive I needed to unlock and root this weekend. Usually, a quiet thread means everything is working great. Just curious, how is this kernel running for folks that have been using it a while? So glad to see some awesome devs pouring in for this device
running fast smooth and with great battery life since it was released, paired it up with stag os and am very happy with them both

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New build is up!!

Download link and detailed changelog in op.

Enjoy!!!!
    New build is up!!

Download link and detailed changelog in op.

Enjoy!!!!
    Thank you! Flashed w/ no issues
    RADIOACTIVE KERNEL

1000013741.png

Code:

/* *** Disclaimer
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
    * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research
    * if you have any concerns about features included in this KERNEL
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

hi XDA community, i'm here to share with you my little project, my primary goal is to provide a stable and fast kernel without compromising battery life, plus some cool features that i find useful for the day to day usage.

Current Features

General List:

Compiled using prebuilt clang 17.0.4

Build in a monolithic way, thanks to @Sultanxda (no more vmeta disabling flags needed)

Packed with Anykernel3 with ability to preserve magisk root

Works on both devices (Pixel7 and Pixel7PRO)

Update system support via flasher apps ( Copy/paste link for auto updates )

Boeffla's wakelock blocker

BBR TCP set default and a lot more others to choose

SSG io scheduler set default and preconfigured

KernelSU support

Enabled power efficient workingqueues on various drivers

Fsync on/off support

Simple Low Memory Killer from SultanXda

Removed some debug options

Changes to some drivers to use Big cpus or viceversa ( hardware composer, goodix... Etc)

Other stuff that is boring to write, take a look at my github for detailed information

ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH APRIL 2024 A14 STOCK GOOGLE ROM

[ RADIOACTIVE KERNEL INSTALL ]

vbmeta flags for verity/verification disabling is not mandatory anymore

DOWNLOADS HERE

CHANGELOG

Instructions using Ex kernel manager, kernel flasher or any other app with autoflash support:

* Flash Kernel Zip

* Reboot

* Enjoy!!!

Thanks and Credits to developers:

Of course, I had never been able to create all that by my own. So I want to give credits to the really good developers around, that have given me all the inspiration and from which I cherry picked lots of the implemented functionalities:

* SultanXda

* Ordenkrieger

* LordBoeffla

* zx2c4

* Freak07

* osmosis

* celtare21

* tbalden

* Chainfire

* BitOBSessiOn

* nathanchance

* Yaroslav Furman

* eng.stk

* Flar2

* joshuous

* franciscofranco

* RenderBroken

* moludo

* Lozo2010

... I just hope I did not forget someone. If so, please let me know and I will add you of course.

Thanks to all of you for your great work

I also want to say thank you to my friends and testers and to those who donated me a beer or two;)

SOURCE CODE:
    Hi folks, February's build is up!!

Built on top of Google's February pantah source, cleaned a bit the source getting rid of unnecessary commits and added cleanslate's kernel features. Like always download link and detailed changelog in op.

Enjoy!!!!
    New build is up!!

Like always download link and detailed changelog in op.

Enjoy!!!!
    March build is up!!!

Enjoy!!!!
    New build is up!!

Changelog highlights are:
    Introduced Simple lmk from SultanXda
    Switched to SCHED_RR
    Improve implementation of teo driver with schedutil
    And a lot more than can be seen in github

Enjoy!!!!