Development [KERNEL]Radioactive Kernel v1.2.2[A12L] [2022.07.15][UNIFIED PIXEL6/PIXEL6PRO]

Search This thread

acuicultor

Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Jan 3, 2013
Palma de Mallorca
Google Pixel 6 Pro
hi, sorry if this question has been asked but it's been a while since i last rooted any Android phone
first of, thanks for ur hard work. yesterday i've tried flashing your kernal via FKM. rebooted the phone and it stucked at the device is corrupted. i presed the power button, it went away but it just stuck at Google logo
any idea what i've been doing wrong? or is it because i'm on Magisk Canary?

Pixel 6 running 12 L. rooted running magisk Canary 24306
Yes that's magisk canary issue, to get rid of the corrupt message you have to flash February boot.img and try to reboot, it'll fail but the message will disappear, then you can reboot to bootloader again and flash the current stock boot.img (april), once you've rebooted into system without any problem then you can root again but make sure you use magisk stable only
Just a reminder to anyone using fsync off, make sure you have adequate backups, I had a hard reset happen on my device while debugging an apk, and I lost a bunch of data (mostly data written between restarts)
Fsync shouldn't be turned off from the point of view of the security, I've added the option but must be used at the discretion of the user.

Reactions: fitree and Paz9

fitree

Yes that's magisk canary issue, to get rid of the corrupt message you have to flash February boot.img and try to reboot, it'll fail but the message will disappear, then you can reboot to bootloader again and flash the current stock boot.img (april), once you've rebooted into system without any problem then you can root again but make sure you use magisk stable only

Fsync shouldn't be turned off from the point of view of the security, I've added the option but must be used at the discretion of the user.

after almost 30 minutes of tinkering, i managed to boot up your beloved kernel flawlessly. thanks a lot for your guidance!

Kris Chen

Jan 10, 2013
Taoyuan
Google Pixel 6 Pro
When I downloading the fastboot zip file and extracting it. I copy boot.img to use magisk patch boot.img and then replace the boot.img to keep root in my pixel 6 pro.
When executing "flash-RadioactiveKernel.bat" and rebooting phone, it said that data has been crashed and I had to do factory reset. No way to do so I do factory reset and then resetup my pixel 6 pro from the ground. Yes, I have this kernel in my phone now and everything is working well.
Actaully speaking, I have one question here: If next month OTA released, the kernel should be the google default one and I still need to go the same way to flash this Kernel and resetup everything ?

acuicultor

Jan 3, 2013
Palma de Mallorca
Google Pixel 6 Pro
When I downloading the fastboot zip file and extracting it. I copy boot.img to use magisk patch boot.img and then replace the boot.img to keep root in my pixel 6 pro.
When executing "flash-RadioactiveKernel.bat" and rebooting phone, it said that data has been crashed and I had to do factory reset. No way to do so I do factory reset and then resetup my pixel 6 pro from the ground. Yes, I have this kernel in my phone now and everything is working well.
Actaully speaking, I have one question here: If next month OTA released, the kernel should be the google default one and I still need to go the same way to flash this Kernel and resetup everything ?
No, there's nothing wrong with the kernel and of course a data wipe is not necessary at all to use it, your issue is that you're using an incompatible magisk version, use only magisk stable for root and everything will be fine, this problem is widely known and discussed in almost every pixel6 series thread, in fact i've told the solution literally two post above yours.

Reactions: rolarocka

Kris Chen

Jan 10, 2013
Taoyuan
Google Pixel 6 Pro
No, there's nothing wrong with the kernel and of course a data wipe is not necessary at all to use it, your issue is that you're using an incompatible magisk version, use only magisk stable for root and everything will be fine, this problem is widely known and discussed in almost every pixel6 series thread, in fact i've told the solution literally two post above yours.
Thanks for your reply.
Actually speaking, I use magisk stable version to patch boot.img ~ (The version of Magisk in my phone is 24.3 and I think it' stable version if I'm not wrong)

BTW, your kernel is really running so smoothly in my pixel6pro.
Thanks !!

Paz9

Jan 3, 2011
Not kernel related has anyone noticed restricted apps going back to 'optimized' aster a restart? Never noticed this before.
Edit: doesn't happen all the time, just randomly
edit2: it seems app preferences gets reset? some of my apps request permissions to manage files after a reboot.
this never happened before on stock/locked BL. or at least never noticed

Last edited:

Gytole

Aug 7, 2013
Not kernel related has anyone noticed restricted apps going back to 'optimized' aster a restart? Never noticed this before.
Edit: doesn't happen all the time, just randomly
edit2: it seems app preferences gets reset? some of my apps request permissions to manage files after a reboot.
this never happened before on stock/locked BL. or at least never noticed
I have noticed apps even acting like I have never used them before...
For example, I have Tmobile tuesdays installed for a few months now and I have had to resign in three times, and 8 ball pool had me resign in the ither day I thought that was strange? But even snapchat told me to log in twice something weird is going on. Maybe Tensor? No idea...

Paz9

Jan 3, 2011
I have noticed apps even acting like I have never used them before...
For example, I have Tmobile tuesdays installed for a few months now and I have had to resign in three times, and 8 ball pool had me resign in the ither day I thought that was strange? But even snapchat told me to log in twice something weird is going on. Maybe Tensor? No idea...

yes i noticed this with my backup app that runs at 12 am every day. i had to log back in and link my google account again.

Gytole

Aug 7, 2013
I figured as much, I even used the flash tool before installing the kernel to make sure everything was stock before using it.

@Gytole curious, do you have naptime installed?
Do not my friend, actually? NEVER used it. Know of it, and have known of it for years? Just never used it. I get above average battery life though with my weird techniques

Paz9

Jan 3, 2011
Do not my friend, actually? NEVER used it. Know of it, and have known of it for years? Just never used it. I get above average battery life though with my weird techniques
That's the only change I've done from my last setup.
Very strange, usage access is also getting reset, app restrictions, picture in picture settings.

Kris Chen

Jan 10, 2013
Taoyuan
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I figured out why I suffered from bootloop ~

I have to flash one commend :
fastboot flash vbmeta --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta.img

Then it won't bootloop and makes me enter system ... So I needless to format my data and lost everything....

Nekromantik

Apr 1, 2010
London
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I figured out why I suffered from bootloop ~

I have to flash one commend :
fastboot flash vbmeta --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta.img

Then it won't bootloop and makes me enter system ... So I needless to format my data and lost everything....
You no longer need to disable verity. If you on latest stable magisk then you can just flash. So before flashing kernel, make sure your old kernel is patched with latest stable magisk and then disable any modules. Then flash.
Modules can cause issues also. If Verity was the issue then you wont see bootloop you will see a message saying your system is corrupt instead and it wont boot into android and then you disable verity.

acuicultor

Jan 3, 2013
Palma de Mallorca
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hi folks, here comes the monthly update, this month is a HUGE one since i decided to merge kernel common into Google's stable source.

Highlights on this release:
Built on top of Google's MAY 2022 12L source
merged linux stable kernel up to 5.10.101
merged android12-5.10 branch from https://android.googlesource.com/kernel/common
update to latest google clang 14.0.6 prebuilt version
added multi-gen LRU
source clean up (removed various drivers and superfluous commits)

Like always download link and detailed changelog in op.

Enjoy!!!!

Admiral2145

Sep 28, 2010
Xiaomi Poco F3
Google Pixel 6
After I gain root and flash kernel via fkm it bootloops... Then I have to manually flash the full Ota and re-root... Using magisk 24.307 and may update. Am I doing something wrong last update April worked without a issue

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Such a quiet thread! Looking forward to the first A13 Radioactive kernel to get it going again👌
    I'm travelling without access to my computer so don't expect anything till the end of the next week. I'll start working on it when i get back home.
    Such a quiet thread! Looking forward to the first A13 Radioactive kernel to get it going again👌
    RADIOACTIVE KERNEL

IMG_20151025_213752.jpg_zpslcpyvwgf.PNG

Code:

/* *** Disclaimer
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
    * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research
    * if you have any concerns about features included in this KERNEL
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

hi XDA community, i'm here to share with you my little project, my primary goal is to provide a stable and fast kernel without compromising battery life plus some cool features that i find useful for the day to day usage.

Current Features

General List:

Compiled using Google's environment for GKI kernel build for maximum stability but using latest google prebuilt clang 14.0.7 and fixed all code errors caught by the compiler

Packed with Anykernel3 with ability to preserve magisk root, thanks to eng.stk and osmosis for bringing this to Pixel6 series

Works on both devices (Pixel6 and Pixel6PRO)

Merged linux stable kernel up to 5.10.110

Merged android12-5.10 branch from https://android.googlesource.com/kernel/common

Franco Kernel Manager update system support ( Copy/paste link for auto updates )

Boeffla's wakelock blocker

BBR TCP set default and a lot more others to choose

Enabled power efficient workingqueues on various drivers

Fsync on/off support

Custom energy model from a13

PMU limiter from a13

TTL spoofing support enabled

Usb fast charge option

CleanSlate Features from @tbalden, all credits for the features to him (s2s, notification booster, battery saver, flashlight notifications. Note that rootless features like kadaway are not implemented here because we need root for other features to work properly with my tree)

Dirty pipe exploit fixed

Tie mechanism to prevent frequency spikes caused by small tasks into powerhal from kirisakura kernel

Added Multi-gen LRU driver

Added DAMON driver but disabled by default

Source clean up (removed various drivers and superfluous commits)

Other stuff that is boring to write, take a look at my github for detailed information

NOTE: I'm shipping now the full gki kernel which means that no matter what kernel you were previously everything will get overwritten by flashing this via autoflash apps

ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH JUNE and JULY SECURITY PATCH ROMS A12L

[ RADIOACTIVE KERNEL INSTALL ]

DOWNLOADS HERE

First of all download the kernel zip of your choice, there's a flashable zip that can be flashed with your preferred kernel tweaker app and a FASTBOOT labeled zip with the necessary images to flash in fastboot if you want

Radioactive Kernel fastboot images flashing instructions:

NOTE: If you want to stay rooted patch the provided boot.img in magisk manager prior to flashing it via fastboot.
    You need to adjust your command to flash like you did when rooting the device.

Flashing manually:

vendor_dlkm.img need to be flashed in fastbootd, while the other images need to be flashed via fastboot/bootloader.

How to boot to fastbootd?
    From running phone:
    adb reboot fastboot

From fastboot/bootloader:
    fastboot reboot fastboot

Once in fastbootd:
    fastboot flash vendor_dlkm vendor_dlkm.img

Boot from fastbootd to fastboot/bootloader to flash dtbo.img and boot.img:
    Either select Reboot to bootloader option via buttons
    or type:
    fastboot reboot bootloader

Now in fastboot flash boot.img and dtbo.img
    fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash vendor_boot vendor_boot.img

Reboot either via buttons
    or by typing
    fastboot reboot

Flashing using authomated flash script:

Run flash-RadioactiveKernel.sh in linux
    or
    Run flash-RadioactiveKernel.bat in windows

NOTE: If you want to stay rooted if you gonna flash the fastboot images you MUST patch the provided boot.img in magisk manager then rename the magisk patched file to boot.img or modify the script with the correct boot.img name

Enjoy!!!!

Instructions using Ex kernel manager or any other app with autoflash support:

* Flash Kernel Zip

* Reboot

* Enjoy!!!

I'm also providing a similar magisk module like kirisakura kernel does but it's slighty modified and adapted for my tree all credits to Freak07 for the original idea, it's bundled into kernel zip, AK3 Helper Module , i higly advice to not remove it for better experience with the kernel

AK3 Helper Module:
    Set ro.debuggable to 0 to avoid dev options fc
    Restrict maximum CPU-Freqs during screen off/ idle to 1.1GHZ for all clusters to save power thx to Freak07
    Tie mechanism to prevent frequency spikes caused by small tasks into powerhal

Thanks and Credits to developers:

Of course, I had never been able to create all that by my own. So I want to give credits to the really good developers around, that have given me all the inspiration and from which I cherry picked lots of the implemented functionalities:

* SultanXda

* Ordenkrieger

* LordBoeffla

* zx2c4

* Freak07

* osmosis

* kristofpetho

* tbalden

* Chainfire

* BitOBSessiOn

* nathanchance

* Yaroslav Furman

* eng.stk

* Flar2

* joshuous

* dabug123

* franciscofranco

* RenderBroken

* moludo

* Lozo2010

... I just hope I did not forget someone. If so, please let me know and I will add you of course.

Thanks to all of you for your great work

I also want to say thank you to my friends and testers and to those who donated me a beer or two;)

SOURCE CODE: https://github.com/acuicultor/RadioactiveKernel_Raviole
    Hi folks, here's the monthly update!!

Notable changes over latest build:

* merge linux stable kernel up to 5.10.110
    * merge android12-5.10 branch from https://android.googlesource.com/kernel/common
    * merge JUNE 2022 12L source
    * clang: update to latest prebuilt version (acuicultor) [d4f69b0d3910]
    * PM / devfreq: Make the monitor workqueue high priority (Sultan Alsawaf) [f3c2bc391414]
    * lib/string: optimized memset (Matteo Croce) [cdd1941113a8]
    * lib/string: optimized memmove (Matteo Croce) [d7d35229a6a8]
    * mm: LRU_GEN : hardcode min_ttl to 5000ms by default (acuicultor) [4c4289415731]
    * ANDROID: trusty: add a toggle for running trusty work in higher priority (Wei Wang) [a64ac814d2be]
    * Build DAMON driver but keep it disabled by default

Tested on magisk 24.3 and 25 and both confirmed working fyi

Like always download links and detailed changelog in op.

Enjoy!!!!
    Hi folks, here's a maintenance build just to fix a rarely bug which caused kfence to crash, ofc added some other stuff like small scheduler changes and some other minor changes.

enjoy!!!!
    Hi folks, here's the January update, a bit late lol but i wanted to make sure that everything is adecuate for my quality standards, i don't like to push half backed stuff nor untested software that can potentially be dangerous, so i made sure that everything is running flawesly before the release, hope the wait worth it.

This build have the January source merged and tried to make the overall ux experience smoother also switched to clang14 because why not? Hope you'll enjoy it as much as me and my testers do.

Enjoy!!!!
    Hi folks, here's the monthly update, this month comes with a bunch of new features!!

HIGHLIGHTS

• added PMU frequency limiter
    • drivers: thermal: Using PDs from pixel-em.
    • soc: google: pixel-em: Custom Energy Model driver.
    • bfq update
    • arm64/dts: gs101: Set floor GPU freq to 150mhz
    • TCP optimization
    • cpufreq: setup Energy Model from DT opp-microwatt
    • merge JULY 2022 12L source

Like always download link and detailed changelog in op.

enjoy!!!!