[KERNEL]Radioactive Kernel V2.1.4 [2021.02.12][OOS/CUSTOM ROMS][UNIFIED OP8/OP8Pro/OP8T]

acuicultor

Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Jan 3, 2013
Palma de Mallorca
Hello, I updated magisk 21.4 to 22 inside the magisk manager and then got a bootloop with latest Radioactive kernel on 11.0.4.4.

Seems like custom kernels cause this issue: https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/issues/3900#issuecomment-784850059
But it was closed because of custom kernels fault.

Maybe you could take a look at it @acuicultor ?

Thanks
Nothing to do from my side, everything is fine with kernel source. I bet some of your installed modules caused your problem.

Pshemo__

Jul 29, 2015
Reda
I flashed this kernel a few days ago, it works really great, better than stock in every way and allows me to adjust the display colors very precisely :)) Thank you so much!

Reactions: acuicultor

oticktock

Nov 5, 2020
Oneplus 8T with system version 11.0.7.10_15.H.22, may cause suddenly suck, click the app icon, but no response, not launch, not show some error, the already launched app can use, the home screen can slide.
at the same time, battery is not better, one night may drain 8-10%. in previous system version, just 2% one night.

the previous version is 11.0.6.8_15.H.20, with Radioactive Kernel V2.1.4 is very perfect.
@acuicultor sorry i'm wrong, after several days test, i found it caused by a Magisk module, because Magisk update to v22.0, this module cause the suck for some Apps it patched.

but the battery, i still think version 11.0.6.8_15.H.20 is better than version 11.0.7.10_15.H.22 with Radioactive Kernel V2.1.4, need more test, and i will reply here.

thanks for your magic kernel.

HessNL

Nov 30, 2011
Zwolle
Hi there
I don't know if this for reported but with the latest kernel the min frequency are running a little bit high and they don't get lower then in the screenshot and this happened after playing a game on my phone 😅 after a couple of reboots it will run lower

Attachments

acuicultor

Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Jan 3, 2013
Palma de Mallorca
Hi there
I don't know if this for reported but with the latest kernel the min frequency are running a little bit high and they don't get lower then in the screenshot and this happened after playing a game on my phone 😅 after a couple of reboots it will run lower
That's something userspace keeping them that way, nothing to do with the kernel, check which user installed app and process is causing the problem.

HessNL

Nov 30, 2011
Zwolle
That is impossible sir everything is force closed when I turn off my screen and when I open my screen it's every time when like i said when I play a game my min cpu can't go lower i can't even set then lower like 300mhz it stays on 1074mhz and the rest to can't lower them i turned every booster off when rebooting and then the problem is fixed

After some trying with boosters of and gaming caf is okay to use then. but msm touch boost when I turn that on my cpu settings are stuck on 1ghz all of them after a playing a game it doesn't lower so should be that for now i leave this option of because it will change the min frequency again to 1074mhz

Last edited:

enjoy_life

Mar 5, 2016
That is impossible sir everything is force closed when I turn off my screen and when I open my screen it's every time when like i said when I play a game my min cpu can't go lower i can't even set then lower like 300mhz it stays on 1074mhz and the rest to can't lower them i turned every booster off when rebooting and then the problem is fixed

After some trying with boosters of and gaming caf is okay to use then. but msm touch boost when I turn that on my cpu settings are stuck on 1ghz all of them after a playing a game it doesn't lower so should be that for now i leave this option of because it will change the min frequency again to 1074mhz
Issue is on your end. I have the same phone, same kernel and frequencies are going down as they should when idle.

Attachments

Reactions: acuicultor