[KERNEL]Radioactive Kernel V2.1.6 [2021.04.17][OOS/CUSTOM ROMS][UNIFIED OP8/OP8Pro/OP8T]

Search This thread

acuicultor

Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Jan 3, 2013
Palma de Mallorca
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hello, I updated magisk 21.4 to 22 inside the magisk manager and then got a bootloop with latest Radioactive kernel on 11.0.4.4.

Seems like custom kernels cause this issue: https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/issues/3900#issuecomment-784850059
But it was closed because of custom kernels fault.

Maybe you could take a look at it @acuicultor ?

Thanks
Nothing to do from my side, everything is fine with kernel source. I bet some of your installed modules caused your problem.

Pshemo__

Jul 29, 2015
Reda
I flashed this kernel a few days ago, it works really great, better than stock in every way and allows me to adjust the display colors very precisely :)) Thank you so much!

Reactions: acuicultor

oticktock

Nov 5, 2020
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9 Pro
Oneplus 8T with system version 11.0.7.10_15.H.22, may cause suddenly suck, click the app icon, but no response, not launch, not show some error, the already launched app can use, the home screen can slide.
at the same time, battery is not better, one night may drain 8-10%. in previous system version, just 2% one night.

the previous version is 11.0.6.8_15.H.20, with Radioactive Kernel V2.1.4 is very perfect.
@acuicultor sorry i'm wrong, after several days test, i found it caused by a Magisk module, because Magisk update to v22.0, this module cause the suck for some Apps it patched.

but the battery, i still think version 11.0.6.8_15.H.20 is better than version 11.0.7.10_15.H.22 with Radioactive Kernel V2.1.4, need more test, and i will reply here.

thanks for your magic kernel.

HessNL

Nov 30, 2011
Zwolle
Hi there
I don't know if this for reported but with the latest kernel the min frequency are running a little bit high and they don't get lower then in the screenshot and this happened after playing a game on my phone 😅 after a couple of reboots it will run lower

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210303-015217.jpg
    Screenshot_20210303-015217.jpg
    395 KB · Views: 61

acuicultor

Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Jan 3, 2013
Palma de Mallorca
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi there
I don't know if this for reported but with the latest kernel the min frequency are running a little bit high and they don't get lower then in the screenshot and this happened after playing a game on my phone 😅 after a couple of reboots it will run lower
That's something userspace keeping them that way, nothing to do with the kernel, check which user installed app and process is causing the problem.

HessNL

Nov 30, 2011
Zwolle
That is impossible sir everything is force closed when I turn off my screen and when I open my screen it's every time when like i said when I play a game my min cpu can't go lower i can't even set then lower like 300mhz it stays on 1074mhz and the rest to can't lower them i turned every booster off when rebooting and then the problem is fixed

After some trying with boosters of and gaming caf is okay to use then. but msm touch boost when I turn that on my cpu settings are stuck on 1ghz all of them after a playing a game it doesn't lower so should be that for now i leave this option of because it will change the min frequency again to 1074mhz

Last edited:

enjoy_life

Mar 5, 2016
That is impossible sir everything is force closed when I turn off my screen and when I open my screen it's every time when like i said when I play a game my min cpu can't go lower i can't even set then lower like 300mhz it stays on 1074mhz and the rest to can't lower them i turned every booster off when rebooting and then the problem is fixed

After some trying with boosters of and gaming caf is okay to use then. but msm touch boost when I turn that on my cpu settings are stuck on 1ghz all of them after a playing a game it doesn't lower so should be that for now i leave this option of because it will change the min frequency again to 1074mhz

Issue is on your end. I have the same phone, same kernel and frequencies are going down as they should when idle.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210303-204441.jpg
    Screenshot_20210303-204441.jpg
    482.7 KB · Views: 47
Reactions: acuicultor

HessNL

Nov 30, 2011
Zwolle
That's something userspace keeping them that way, nothing to do with the kernel, check which user installed app and process is causing the problem.
Issue is on your end. I have the same phone, same kernel and frequencies are going down as they should when idle.

Well mine is not after s playing a game i have this again i cannot lower them after a couple of reboot it will be back to normal

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210304-144300.jpg
    Screenshot_20210304-144300.jpg
    336.3 KB · Views: 33

enjoy_life

Mar 5, 2016
Well mine is not after s playing a game i have this again i cannot lower them after a couple of reboot it will be back to normal

I think if you install any other kernel, it won't fix your situation. If something keeps your CPU busy, it will keep it busy regardless of the kernel.

kherio

Aug 3, 2009
Leioa
OnePlus 8T

Baron1971

Oct 8, 2007
Colọnia Agrippinẹnsis
Hello,
i have installed this Kernel, and works so far without Issues. But i have one Problem. If i power off the Phone, and than Power on, the Phone starts without issues. But when i push the restart Button, the Phone shuts down, an after the unlock Screen appears, i get these Error Message:

Qualcomm CrashDump Mode
Panic requested on external modem boot failure
mdm.crash,shutdown

Tipps to fix this? Installes is Havoc 4.2 with the latest Kernel. The Phone is an 8.

Akshai R Adze

Jul 1, 2015
Hello,
i have installed this Kernel, and works so far without Issues. But i have one Problem. If i power off the Phone, and than Power on, the Phone starts without issues. But when i push the restart Button, the Phone shuts down, an after the unlock Screen appears, i get these Error Message:

Qualcomm CrashDump Mode
Panic requested on external modem boot failure
mdm.crash,shutdown

Tipps to fix this? Installes is Havoc 4.2 with the latest Kernel. The Phone is an 8.
That is actually ROM issue, I faced it when I was in Havoc. Ask your rom maintainer to clear the issue. Kernel is working splendid in AICP rom which I am using currently

Top Liked Posts

Latest kernel is super smooth! Thank you.
    Hi folks, long time no update but i think it worth the wait, fixed Wi-Fi issues on particular devices, removed undesired commits and cleaned up the source, merged latest oneplus source, added gpu oc up to 900 and overall improved stability, hope you enjoy it.
    Those using fkm update engine must re add the new configuration link in order to see the next update.

Like always download link and detailed changelog in op.

Enjoy!!!!!
    Moderator Announcement

In accordance with the XDA Forum Rules developement threads are reserved "for Developers to post release threads e.g. ROMs and Kernels including modifications to kernels, bootloaders, ROMs, etc., as well as R&D development discussion threads designed with an end goal".

And this thread about Radioactive Kernel belongs to @acuicultor! On his behalf the thread has been cleaned from posting of other development - even if it's a fork of acuicultor's kernel, discussions about this fork and related social media references! In future, please limit your gratitudes, error and bug reports or requests to acuicultor's kernel and contribute that this development continues.

Do not discuss other development and do not post links to other development here! And a remark to social media like Telegram: As an exemption to the last bullet of rule no. 5 of the above linked forum rules, we grant only developers to provide links to their social media in their own development thread i.e. in this thread it's only by acuicultor.

Last but not least: If you recognise a post that is not in line with this guidance, please do not respond or reply to such a post but simply report it. We're going to take care as soon as possible.

Thanks for your cooperation!
    Stay safe and stay healthy!
    Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Forum Moderator
    Latest kernel is super smooth! Thank you.
    I'm not a gamer, but fkm detects max gpu frequency like stock, not 670 like before. Is it supposed to be so?
    It's fine, you can raise freq if you want to.
    You mentioned the latest test build is basically the next OOS stable version, any update on custom?
    Both variants will be updated at the same time.
    Omega works clean slate works but hasty didn't really would like to try this kernel read it was a game changer. Tried the new version posted a page back Still getting the device unsupported message when flashing. Oneplus 8 5g t-mobile in2017 instant noodle.
    You just need to remove device check in anykernel.sh file in order to let it flash on your device model, I'll remove that on next version.
    Can anyone install this or is it just a test build
    Sure, it's basically the next stable version
    RADIOACTIVE KERNEL

rt2h1v.png

For Android 11 only

Code:
    /* *** Disclaimer
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
    * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research
    * if you have any concerns about features included in this KERNEL
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

hi XDA community, i'm here to share with you my little project, my primary goal is to provide a stable and fast kernel without compromising battery life plus some cool features that i find useful for the day to day usage.

Current Features
    General List:

Compiled with self compiled custom clang 13 Toolchain with LLD
    Packed with Anykernel3 with ability to preserve magisk
    Works on OP8, OP8Pro and OP8T
    Support for FKM OTA kernel updates thanks to franciscofranco
    Boeffla's wakelock blocker
    BBR TCP set default
    Kcal Control: Colors, Saturation, Hue, Contrast and more
    Backlight min value configurable
    Enabled power efficient workingqueues
    Dynamic Fsync support
    GPU Overclock to 900mhz
    Usb fast charge mode
    exfat fs support
    WIREGUARD support
    Removed a lot of debugging to gain performance
    Other stuff that is boring to write, take a look HERE for detailed information
    And much more to come....

[ RADIOACTIVE KERNEL INSTALL ]

DOWNLOAD KERNELS HERE

First of all download the correct kernel zip for your rom (Use CUSTOM labeled for custom roms only)
    Make sure that if you coming from another custom kernel it don't modify any system files or dtb/dtbo, if it does you MUST reflash your rom before flashing this kernel, same goes if you want to roll back from here to your previous kernel

Instructions using twrp:
    * Boot into Recovery
    * (Recommended) Make a backup of boot, system and data partitions
    * Flash Kernel Zip
    * Reboot system
    * (Optional) Install your preferred kernel tweaker app(EX kernel manager or Franco Kernel Managerer recomended)
    * Enjoy!!!

Instructions using Ex kernel manager or any other app with autoflash support:
    * Flash Kernel Zip
    * Reboot
    * Enjoy!!!

Instructions using Franco Kernel Manager:
    * Import configuration file link in flasher tab
    * Tap flash button and let the app do his magic
    * Enjoy!!!

KERNEL DOWNLOAD CONFIGURATION FILE LINK FOR OOS11 USERS

KERNEL DOWNLOAD CONFIGURATION FILE LINK FOR CUSTOM ROMS USERS

Thanks and Credits to developers:

Of course, I had never been able to create all that by my own. So I want to give credits to the really good developers around, that have given me all the inspiration and from which I cherry picked lots of the implemented functionalities:

* SultanXda
    * Ordenkrieger
    * LordBoeffla
    * zx2c4
    * pappschlumpf
    * xzr467706992
    * kristofpetho
    * tbalden
    * Chainfire
    * BitOBSessiOn
    * nathanchance
    * Yaroslav Furman
    * eng.stk
    * Flar2
    * LibXZR
    * joshuous
    * dabug123
    * franciscofranco
    * RenderBroken
    * moludo
    * Lozo2010
    ... I just hope I did not forget someone. If so, please let me know and I will add you of course.
    Thanks to all of you for your great work

I also want to say thank you to my friends and testers and to those who donated me a beer or two;)

XDA:DevDB Information
    Radioactive Kernel, Kernel for the OnePlus 8

Contributors
    acuicultor
    Source Code: https://github.com/acuicultor/Radioactive_kernel_oneplus8

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: V2.1.6
    Stable Release Date: 2020-06-16

Created 2020-06-16
    Last Updated 2021-04-17
    Hi folks, long time no update but i think it worth the wait, fixed Wi-Fi issues on particular devices, removed undesired commits and cleaned up the source, merged latest oneplus source, added gpu oc up to 900 and overall improved stability, hope you enjoy it.
    Those using fkm update engine must re add the new configuration link in order to see the next update.

Like always download link and detailed changelog in op.

Enjoy!!!!!
    New build is up!!

Download link and changelog in op.

Merry Christmas to all!!
    Hi folks, finally had the time for updating, added custom roms support, you must flash the correct zip, take a look at flash instructions in op, like always download links and detailed changelog in op.

Enjoy!!!!
    New build is up!!

Download link and changelog in op.

Enjoy!!!!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone