[KERNEL]Radioactive Kernel V2.3.1 [2021.11.18][OOS/CUSTOM ROMS][UNIFIED OP8/OP8Pro/OP8T]

Search This thread

acuicultor

Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Jan 3, 2013
Palma de Mallorca
Google Pixel 7 Pro

kjslabber

Mar 8, 2015
Northeast Ohio
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9 Pro
I have tried the latest custom install on Fluid Rom and get Qualcom crash dump when trying to reboot from restart menu. I am able to boot properly if I shutdown and restart manually. I am rooted with Canary and running busybox, debloat and universal doze magisk mods. Rom comes with Hasty kernel - no problems. I know you don't really support the custom rom part of your kernel. Just commenting for the masses.

tabish84

Mar 19, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I have a international oneplus 8t and my mobile got stuck on screen for 30 secs. Even power button was not working. I have to connect charger to make it work again. I have the logs kindly giveme the email address where i can provide the logs

acuicultor

Jan 3, 2013
Palma de Mallorca
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I have a international oneplus 8t and my mobile got stuck on screen for 30 secs. Even power button was not working. I have to connect charger to make it work again. I have the logs kindly giveme the email address where i can provide the logs
What rom and magisk modules installed? For the logs just paste the link here

marcus_sk

Mar 29, 2011
Hi, acuicultor thank you for this nice kernel. The battery lasts forever compared to Stock. What a shame that Oneplus does not copy your work.

Maybe there is one issue, at least for me:
after a certain period of time the mobile seems to lost data connection (4G). If I am leaving my home, the mobile does not connect to data connection. Workaround: air plane mode on and off.

I have used V2.1.4. Now I am using 2.1.6, lets see if this issue shows again.

My APN is set by me, not via carrier service because the 8T is not automatically supported by this carrier. With stock kernel I have not discovered this issue.

Do you have some hints or ideas?

Last edited:

BrickL0rd

Dec 29, 2010
near Vienna
OnePlus 8T
Hi, acuicultor thank you for this nice kernel. The battery lasts forever compared to Stock. What a shame that Oneplus does not copy your work.

Maybe there is one issue, at least for me:
after a certain period of time the mobile seems to lost data connection (4G). If I am leaving my home, the mobile does not connect to data connection. Workaround: air plane mode on and off.

I have used V2.1.4. Now I am using 2.1.6, lets see if this issue shows again.

My APN is set by me, not via carrier service because the 8T is not automatically supported by this carrier. With stock kernel I have not discovered this issue.

Do you have some hints or ideas?
having the same issue. it's a phone issue as my gf 8t has it too with stock kernel

Imprezzion

Dec 12, 2011
Gorredijk
Samsung Galaxy S21+
So far this is the only custom kernel that lets me use WiFi on LineageOS 18.1 latest update on the OP8 Pro. All other custom rom kernels crash when enabling WiFi so I'm really happy to see this one working. I'll compare smoothness and battery life over the next few days but it looks promising. Especially with this having USB fast charge!

maruchan123

Feb 12, 2021
you will have the kernel in img to flash from bootloader with fastboot or how can I do it in img thx for kernel

acuicultor

Jan 3, 2013
Palma de Mallorca
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Just bought the op9 a few days ago. Unlocked global version. Any chance this beast of a kernel will get developed for the op9?
Not publicly until i get one and idk if this will happen anytime soon.
you will have the kernel in img to flash from bootloader with fastboot or how can I do it in img thx for kernel
Sorry but i use anykernel method to provide the binary, i don't make boot images.

Reactions: Lycidias

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    RADIOACTIVE KERNEL

rt2h1v.png

For OOS Android11 only and Custom roms on Android11 and Android12

Code:
    /* *** Disclaimer
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
    * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research
    * if you have any concerns about features included in this KERNEL
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

hi XDA community, i'm here to share with you my little project, my primary goal is to provide a stable and fast kernel without compromising battery life plus some cool features that i find useful for the day to day usage.

Current Features
    General List:

Compiled with self compiled custom clang 14 Toolchain with LLD
    Packed with Anykernel3 with ability to preserve magisk
    Works on OP8, OP8Pro and OP8T
    Support for FKM OTA kernel updates thanks to franciscofranco
    Boeffla's wakelock blocker
    Dynamic Stune Boost enabled by default
    Adrenoboost Driver
    WESTWOOD TCP set default and a lot more others to choose
    A bunch of i/o schedulers to choose
    Kcal Control: Colors, Saturation, Hue, Contrast and more
    Backlight min value configurable
    Enabled power efficient workingqueues
    Dynamic Fsync support
    GPU Overclock up to 900mhz
    Usb fast charge mode
    exfat fs support
    WIREGUARD support
    Removed a lot of debugging to gain performance
    Other stuff that is boring to write, take a look HERE for detailed information
    And much more to come....

[ RADIOACTIVE KERNEL INSTALL ]

DOWNLOAD KERNELS HERE

First of all download the correct kernel zip for your rom (Use CUSTOM labeled for custom roms only)
    Make sure that if you coming from another custom kernel it don't modify any system files or dtb/dtbo, if it does you MUST reflash your rom before flashing this kernel, same goes if you want to roll back from here to your previous kernel

Instructions using twrp:
    * Boot into Recovery
    * (Recommended) Make a backup of boot, system and data partitions
    * Flash Kernel Zip
    * Reboot system
    * (Optional) Install your preferred kernel tweaker app(EX kernel manager or Franco Kernel Managerer recomended)
    * Enjoy!!!

Instructions using Ex kernel manager or any other app with autoflash support:
    * Flash Kernel Zip
    * Reboot
    * Enjoy!!!

Instructions using Franco Kernel Manager:
    * Import configuration file link in flasher tab
    * Tap flash button and let the app do his magic
    * Enjoy!!!

KERNEL DOWNLOAD CONFIGURATION FILE LINK FOR OOS11 USERS

KERNEL DOWNLOAD CONFIGURATION FILE LINK FOR CUSTOM ROMS USERS

Thanks and Credits to developers:

Of course, I had never been able to create all that by my own. So I want to give credits to the really good developers around, that have given me all the inspiration and from which I cherry picked lots of the implemented functionalities:

* SultanXda
    * Ordenkrieger
    * LordBoeffla
    * zx2c4
    * pappschlumpf
    * xzr467706992
    * kristofpetho
    * tbalden
    * Chainfire
    * BitOBSessiOn
    * nathanchance
    * Yaroslav Furman
    * eng.stk
    * Flar2
    * LibXZR
    * joshuous
    * dabug123
    * franciscofranco
    * RenderBroken
    * moludo
    * Lozo2010
    ... I just hope I did not forget someone. If so, please let me know and I will add you of course.
    Thanks to all of you for your great work

I also want to say thank you to my friends and testers and to those who donated me a beer or two;)

XDA:DevDB Information
    Radioactive Kernel, Kernel for the OnePlus 8

Contributors
    acuicultor
    Source Code: https://github.com/acuicultor/Radioactive_kernel_oneplus8

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: V2.2.5
    Stable Release Date: 2020-06-16

Created 2020-06-16
    Last Updated 2021-07-28
    New build is up!!

Download link and detailed changelog in op.

Enjoy!!!!
    New build is up!!!

Long list of changes in this build, i recommend to take a look at github for details, added some i/o schedulers, TCP congestion algorithms and sys entries for game switch (check init.radioactive.sh file in kernel zip for this) also raised gpu default frequency up to 670MHz and other stuff that you can see in github.

Hope everyone is fine and healthy, take care and enjoy the new release!!
    New build is up!!

From now onwards Custom variant can be flashed on Android12 roms although no support from me will be given if you face any problems, i only support oos variant because it's the rom i'm using. Hope you understand.
    Like always download link and detailed changelog in op.

Enjoy!!!!
    Hi folks, long time no update but i think it worth the wait, fixed Wi-Fi issues on particular devices, removed undesired commits and cleaned up the source, merged latest oneplus source, added gpu oc up to 900 and overall improved stability, hope you enjoy it.
    Those using fkm update engine must re add the new configuration link in order to see the next update.

Like always download link and detailed changelog in op.

Enjoy!!!!!