[KERNEL]Radioactive Kernel V2.2.2 [2021.05.28][OOS/CUSTOM ROMS][UNIFIED OP8/OP8Pro/OP8T]

Search This thread

acuicultor

Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
  • Jan 3, 2013
    Palma de Mallorca
    OnePlus 9 Pro

kjslabber

Mar 8, 2015
    Northeast Ohio
    I have tried the latest custom install on Fluid Rom and get Qualcom crash dump when trying to reboot from restart menu. I am able to boot properly if I shutdown and restart manually. I am rooted with Canary and running busybox, debloat and universal doze magisk mods. Rom comes with Hasty kernel - no problems. I know you don't really support the custom rom part of your kernel. Just commenting for the masses.

tabish84

Mar 19, 2012
    OnePlus 8T
    I have a international oneplus 8t and my mobile got stuck on screen for 30 secs. Even power button was not working. I have to connect charger to make it work again. I have the logs kindly giveme the email address where i can provide the logs

acuicultor

• Jan 3, 2013
    Palma de Mallorca
    OnePlus 9 Pro
    I have a international oneplus 8t and my mobile got stuck on screen for 30 secs. Even power button was not working. I have to connect charger to make it work again. I have the logs kindly giveme the email address where i can provide the logs
    What rom and magisk modules installed? For the logs just paste the link here

marcus_sk

Mar 29, 2011
    Hi, acuicultor thank you for this nice kernel. The battery lasts forever compared to Stock. What a shame that Oneplus does not copy your work.

Maybe there is one issue, at least for me:
    after a certain period of time the mobile seems to lost data connection (4G). If I am leaving my home, the mobile does not connect to data connection. Workaround: air plane mode on and off.

I have used V2.1.4. Now I am using 2.1.6, lets see if this issue shows again.

My APN is set by me, not via carrier service because the 8T is not automatically supported by this carrier. With stock kernel I have not discovered this issue.

Do you have some hints or ideas?

Last edited:

BrickL0rd

Dec 29, 2010
    near Vienna
    OnePlus 8T
    Hi, acuicultor thank you for this nice kernel. The battery lasts forever compared to Stock. What a shame that Oneplus does not copy your work.

Maybe there is one issue, at least for me:
    after a certain period of time the mobile seems to lost data connection (4G). If I am leaving my home, the mobile does not connect to data connection. Workaround: air plane mode on and off.

I have used V2.1.4. Now I am using 2.1.6, lets see if this issue shows again.

My APN is set by me, not via carrier service because the 8T is not automatically supported by this carrier. With stock kernel I have not discovered this issue.

Do you have some hints or ideas?
    having the same issue. it's a phone issue as my gf 8t has it too with stock kernel

Imprezzion

Dec 12, 2011
    Gorredijk
    So far this is the only custom kernel that lets me use WiFi on LineageOS 18.1 latest update on the OP8 Pro. All other custom rom kernels crash when enabling WiFi so I'm really happy to see this one working. I'll compare smoothness and battery life over the next few days but it looks promising. Especially with this having USB fast charge!

acuicultor

• Jan 3, 2013
    Palma de Mallorca
    OnePlus 9 Pro
    Just bought the op9 a few days ago. Unlocked global version. Any chance this beast of a kernel will get developed for the op9?
    Not publicly until i get one and idk if this will happen anytime soon.
    you will have the kernel in img to flash from bootloader with fastboot or how can I do it in img thx for kernel
    Sorry but i use anykernel method to provide the binary, i don't make boot images.

Reactions: Lycidias

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Hi folks, new build is up!!

Merged latest oneplus source and LineageOS display commits for custom variant. As always download link and detailed changelog in op.

Enjoy!!!!
      Hi folks, it'll be great if you can write something there 😉

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/developer-program.1448789/

Thanks!!
      Kernel is running great on 8 Pro with OB10. Thank you very much! 😊
      I bought you a beer mate 🍻

$10 for all your work is the least I could do. Thanks for greatly improving this device.
      Thank you very much for the donation mates, i really appreciate your support. Cheers!
      Neither. Corn kernel is best imo
      Help me understand why we are talking about different kernels in this thread? Please respect the dev for his hard work. This is very disrespectful.

Thank you so much for making our devices better aguicultor!!!
      Thank you very much for the donation mates, i really appreciate your support. Cheers!
      No problems. It's not often a piece of software makes an immediate, noticable change to the fluidity and usability of a device. If I had two OP8 side by side, one with and without this kernel, you could definitely tell which one is using Radioactive, it's that much of an improvement.
      RADIOACTIVE KERNEL

rt2h1v.png

For Android 11 only

Code:
      /* *** Disclaimer
      * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
      * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research
      * if you have any concerns about features included in this KERNEL
      * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
      * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
      */

hi XDA community, i'm here to share with you my little project, my primary goal is to provide a stable and fast kernel without compromising battery life plus some cool features that i find useful for the day to day usage.

Current Features
      General List:

Compiled with self compiled custom clang 13 Toolchain with LLD
      Packed with Anykernel3 with ability to preserve magisk
      Works on OP8, OP8Pro and OP8T
      Support for FKM OTA kernel updates thanks to franciscofranco
      Boeffla's wakelock blocker
      Adrenoboost Driver
      BBR TCP set default
      Kcal Control: Colors, Saturation, Hue, Contrast and more
      Backlight min value configurable
      Enabled power efficient workingqueues
      Dynamic Fsync support
      GPU Overclock up to 900mhz
      Usb fast charge mode
      exfat fs support
      WIREGUARD support
      Removed a lot of debugging to gain performance
      Other stuff that is boring to write, take a look HERE for detailed information
      And much more to come....

[ RADIOACTIVE KERNEL INSTALL ]

DOWNLOAD KERNELS HERE

First of all download the correct kernel zip for your rom (Use CUSTOM labeled for custom roms only)
      Make sure that if you coming from another custom kernel it don't modify any system files or dtb/dtbo, if it does you MUST reflash your rom before flashing this kernel, same goes if you want to roll back from here to your previous kernel

Instructions using twrp:
      * Boot into Recovery
      * (Recommended) Make a backup of boot, system and data partitions
      * Flash Kernel Zip
      * Reboot system
      * (Optional) Install your preferred kernel tweaker app(EX kernel manager or Franco Kernel Managerer recomended)
      * Enjoy!!!

Instructions using Ex kernel manager or any other app with autoflash support:
      * Flash Kernel Zip
      * Reboot
      * Enjoy!!!

Instructions using Franco Kernel Manager:
      * Import configuration file link in flasher tab
      * Tap flash button and let the app do his magic
      * Enjoy!!!

KERNEL DOWNLOAD CONFIGURATION FILE LINK FOR OOS11 USERS

KERNEL DOWNLOAD CONFIGURATION FILE LINK FOR CUSTOM ROMS USERS

Thanks and Credits to developers:

Of course, I had never been able to create all that by my own. So I want to give credits to the really good developers around, that have given me all the inspiration and from which I cherry picked lots of the implemented functionalities:

* SultanXda
      * Ordenkrieger
      * LordBoeffla
      * zx2c4
      * pappschlumpf
      * xzr467706992
      * kristofpetho
      * tbalden
      * Chainfire
      * BitOBSessiOn
      * nathanchance
      * Yaroslav Furman
      * eng.stk
      * Flar2
      * LibXZR
      * joshuous
      * dabug123
      * franciscofranco
      * RenderBroken
      * moludo
      * Lozo2010
      ... I just hope I did not forget someone. If so, please let me know and I will add you of course.
      Thanks to all of you for your great work

I also want to say thank you to my friends and testers and to those who donated me a beer or two;)

XDA:DevDB Information
      Radioactive Kernel, Kernel for the OnePlus 8

Contributors
      acuicultor
      Source Code: https://github.com/acuicultor/Radioactive_kernel_oneplus8

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
      Stable
      Current Stable Version: V2.2.2
      Stable Release Date: 2020-06-16

Created 2020-06-16
      Last Updated 2021-05-28
      Hi folks, long time no update but i think it worth the wait, fixed Wi-Fi issues on particular devices, removed undesired commits and cleaned up the source, merged latest oneplus source, added gpu oc up to 900 and overall improved stability, hope you enjoy it.
      Those using fkm update engine must re add the new configuration link in order to see the next update.

Like always download link and detailed changelog in op.

Enjoy!!!!!
      Hi folks, new build is up!!

Merged latest oneplus source and LineageOS display commits for custom variant. As always download link and detailed changelog in op.

Enjoy!!!!
      New build is up!!

Download link and detailed changelog in op.

Enjoy!!!!
      New build is up!!

Download link and changelog in op.

Merry Christmas to all!!
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone