[KERNEL]Radioactive Kernel V2.2.2 [2021.05.28][OOS/CUSTOM ROMS][UNIFIED OP8/OP8Pro/OP8T]

Search This thread

Flash1337

Jan 24, 2013
@acuicultor Did you mean to have the GPU default to 900mhz in 2.2.0?

EDIT: Weird, now EXKM is showing 587 as max instead of 900. Not sure why it showed 900 before.
Have the same issue.
Also I can't seem to change any gpu settings, well i can change them, but it wont stick after boot, if i switch to 670/800 it will change back to 587mhz every time i reboot. Wonder if its an app/my device issue.

Flash1337

Jan 24, 2013
Have the same issue.
Also I can't seem to change any gpu settings, well i can change them, but it wont stick after boot, if i switch to 670/800 it will change back to 587mhz every time i reboot. Wonder if its an app/my device issue.
Just updating my findings. Using exkm, app would show gpu 900 and then return to 587mhz, after a few seconds, guess its due to settings being applied?
Also, i couldnt get the gpu 670/800/900 to stick after reboots, but i do think thats the app, not showing correct info (atleast for my device), because when using fkm everything is showing correct, and please don't take this as a fan vote, because ive never used fkm before now. Just saying, if anyone else if having the same issue, the settings might be working as intended, but i do think its an app (tiny) issue.

Anyway, kernel is working REALLY GREAT, thank you for your time/work on this beauti :D @acuicultor

acuicultor

Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
  • Jan 3, 2013
    Palma de Mallorca
    OnePlus 9 Pro
    @acuicultor Did you mean to have the GPU default to 900mhz in 2.2.0?

EDIT: Weird, now EXKM is showing 587 as max instead of 900. Not sure why it showed 900 before.

Have the same issue.

Just updating my findings. Using exkm, app would show gpu 900 and then return to 587mhz, after a few seconds, guess its due to settings being applied?
    Also, i couldnt get the gpu 670/800/900 to stick after reboots, but i do think thats the app, not showing correct info (atleast for my device), because when using fkm everything is showing correct, and please don't take this as a fan vote, because ive never used fkm before now. Just saying, if anyone else if having the same issue, the settings might be working as intended, but i do think its an app (tiny) issue.

Anyway, kernel is working REALLY GREAT, thank you for your time/work on this beauti :D @acuicultor
    Kernel boots with 900 Mhz and switches to 587Mhz 30 seconds after boot is completed, your problem is that you're looking at freqs too early and the set on boot time on your app is less than 30 seconds that's why it changes itself again after that time.

Last edited:

mslezak

Dec 12, 2016
    Houston
    People didn't like my post even though I offered you a free phone. So I will remove it. Radioactive is the best kernel for Op8T out there. Your code is so well written. Your GitHub is perfect. What country do you live in if I was to send you an 888 powered K40 Pro? I'd only do it if you can show me the official GTK 1.0 + ACK Google format which no one has been able to make from source. It's a Haydn source repo I have it all consolidated on my GitHub, I grabbed all needed files from their multiple GitHub Repos (Xiaomi) and the phone itself.

Last edited:
    Reactions: cubeplayer1

Flash1337

Jan 24, 2013
    I liked Adreno boost on min, really made a difference if you went from high to low or low to high GPU usage. I hear nothing but good things about 2.2.0 honestly. People asking all over TG to fork it and tweak it (guess I'll have to add back your Adreno boost again, no worries). Been playing with my 888 K40 Pro Plus, it's a rock star. Although I have it packaged up for sale wiped all Google apps and Xiaomi.eu 12.5.3 MIUI stable running for $600 (China price) if anyone is interested. Not the appropriate place to talk about it just tell me I'll delete it. I'm using my Op8T 5G on Radioactive fork 2.1.4 ATM modded. It's a GREAT kernel!!!! Well done! I plan to fork your 2.2.0 and do the same tweaks (why don't you just copy my Github?) Oh well, 900 and 920mhz aren't a whole lot different in speed. At least you added that to the kernel. Just please add those Wakelocks I sent you and auto-block them, you'll notice battery drain on idle drop a lot and at least 100 people have tested with no loss in functionality. I'm sorry to be "telling" you how to "build" your kernel, that's rude. Sorry. Do as you wish, thanks again for having the cleanest code on Github.

May I entertain you with a K40 Pro Plus 5G donation for a kernel, made to GTK 1.0 standards (Omega is "cheating" which every pro dev suggested, inline all driver modules in the kernel to bypass GKI loadable modules). KonaBess now supports 888 processors so you can do all the GPU tweaking with that app. Off topic sorry.

RadioActive kernel rocks!!!! Op8T as well with his kernel :)
    Normally i wouldn't react to comments like this, but honestly, what the hell are you looking for?
    You make a kernel, based on this kernel, and then jump to his thread and tell him, how to controle his kernel?

Simply not cool dude.
    Xda used to be a better place, but all comments like this, is whats keeping devs leaving.

Why don't you just focus on your own fork, and enjoy theres different kernels, so different needs can be filled/enjoyed by the many users.

You need a virtual hug or something?

brashmadcap

May 22, 2010
    Texas
    Normally i wouldn't react to comments like this, but honestly, what the hell are you looking for?
    You make a kernel, based on this kernel, and then jump to his thread and tell him, how to controle his kernel?

Simply not cool dude.
    Xda used to be a better place, but all comments like this, is whats keeping devs leaving.

Why don't you just focus on your own fork, and enjoy theres different kernels, so different needs can be filled/enjoyed by the many users.

He literally offered him a free device donation for 888 development, about as high of praise as you can give

mslezak

Dec 12, 2016
    Houston

Simply not cool dude.

Dude did you read my whole post? I said it was rude in the post and apologized for making suggestions on how he should release his kernel. And I offered him a free $600+ 888 phone! I'm not an A-hole!!!! I said he makes the best kernels and the best GitHub Repos. He does! He's a phenomenal dev.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

You mentioned to trust CAF - is this kernel CAF based?

I think that you're confused about what CAF based means.
      CAF = Qualcomm. We have a Qualcomm soc, isn't it?
      Oneplus made his kernel on top of CAF sources, of course, like any other company with snapdragon chips, so yes, this and every other kernel for oneplus 8 series have a CAF base.
      I have problem on my OP 8 Pro, I no can set in Franco Manager kernel minimi frequently for little core 300, the same change to 1000? Does anyone have any idea what causes this effect? I no used any app to boost phone... After reboot is normal, i cant set 300. The same problem for big and prime, same set 1000, no can set 710 and ~800, Help?
      I would suggest you read the last couple of posts in the thread. They are about this very subject.
      No, I am not writing about the fact that the frequency does not drop to 300. I am writing about the fact that after a few hours of starting the phone, I cannot set the lower limit to 300, because something is forcing it to 1000. I do not know what it does. I will turn off the phone and then a few hours later the lower threshold can be set to 300.
      I don't know what is causing that, but the Dev doesn't recommend setting it 300 any way. It's not really going to save battery and could cause problems
      Hi folks, new build is up!!

Merged latest oneplus source and LineageOS display commits for custom variant. As always download link and detailed changelog in op.

Enjoy!!!!
      Hi folks, it'll be great if you can write something there 😉

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/developer-program.1448789/

Thanks!!
      Kernel is running great on 8 Pro with OB10. Thank you very much! 😊
      I bought you a beer mate 🍻

$10 for all your work is the least I could do. Thanks for greatly improving this device.
      Thank you very much for the donation mates, i really appreciate your support. Cheers!
      You mentioned to trust CAF - is this kernel CAF based?

I think that you're confused about what CAF based means.
      CAF = Qualcomm. We have a Qualcomm soc, isn't it?
      Oneplus made his kernel on top of CAF sources, of course, like any other company with snapdragon chips, so yes, this and every other kernel for oneplus 8 series have a CAF base.
      Neither. Corn kernel is best imo
      Help me understand why we are talking about different kernels in this thread? Please respect the dev for his hard work. This is very disrespectful.

Thank you so much for making our devices better aguicultor!!!
      RADIOACTIVE KERNEL

rt2h1v.png

For Android 11 only

Code:
      /* *** Disclaimer
      * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
      * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research
      * if you have any concerns about features included in this KERNEL
      * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
      * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
      */

hi XDA community, i'm here to share with you my little project, my primary goal is to provide a stable and fast kernel without compromising battery life plus some cool features that i find useful for the day to day usage.

Current Features
      General List:

Compiled with self compiled custom clang 13 Toolchain with LLD
      Packed with Anykernel3 with ability to preserve magisk
      Works on OP8, OP8Pro and OP8T
      Support for FKM OTA kernel updates thanks to franciscofranco
      Boeffla's wakelock blocker
      Adrenoboost Driver
      BBR TCP set default
      Kcal Control: Colors, Saturation, Hue, Contrast and more
      Backlight min value configurable
      Enabled power efficient workingqueues
      Dynamic Fsync support
      GPU Overclock up to 900mhz
      Usb fast charge mode
      exfat fs support
      WIREGUARD support
      Removed a lot of debugging to gain performance
      Other stuff that is boring to write, take a look HERE for detailed information
      And much more to come....

[ RADIOACTIVE KERNEL INSTALL ]

DOWNLOAD KERNELS HERE

First of all download the correct kernel zip for your rom (Use CUSTOM labeled for custom roms only)
      Make sure that if you coming from another custom kernel it don't modify any system files or dtb/dtbo, if it does you MUST reflash your rom before flashing this kernel, same goes if you want to roll back from here to your previous kernel

Instructions using twrp:
      * Boot into Recovery
      * (Recommended) Make a backup of boot, system and data partitions
      * Flash Kernel Zip
      * Reboot system
      * (Optional) Install your preferred kernel tweaker app(EX kernel manager or Franco Kernel Managerer recomended)
      * Enjoy!!!

Instructions using Ex kernel manager or any other app with autoflash support:
      * Flash Kernel Zip
      * Reboot
      * Enjoy!!!

Instructions using Franco Kernel Manager:
      * Import configuration file link in flasher tab
      * Tap flash button and let the app do his magic
      * Enjoy!!!

KERNEL DOWNLOAD CONFIGURATION FILE LINK FOR OOS11 USERS

KERNEL DOWNLOAD CONFIGURATION FILE LINK FOR CUSTOM ROMS USERS

Thanks and Credits to developers:

Of course, I had never been able to create all that by my own. So I want to give credits to the really good developers around, that have given me all the inspiration and from which I cherry picked lots of the implemented functionalities:

* SultanXda
      * Ordenkrieger
      * LordBoeffla
      * zx2c4
      * pappschlumpf
      * xzr467706992
      * kristofpetho
      * tbalden
      * Chainfire
      * BitOBSessiOn
      * nathanchance
      * Yaroslav Furman
      * eng.stk
      * Flar2
      * LibXZR
      * joshuous
      * dabug123
      * franciscofranco
      * RenderBroken
      * moludo
      * Lozo2010
      ... I just hope I did not forget someone. If so, please let me know and I will add you of course.
      Thanks to all of you for your great work

I also want to say thank you to my friends and testers and to those who donated me a beer or two;)

XDA:DevDB Information
      Radioactive Kernel, Kernel for the OnePlus 8

Contributors
      acuicultor
      Source Code: https://github.com/acuicultor/Radioactive_kernel_oneplus8

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
      Stable
      Current Stable Version: V2.2.2
      Stable Release Date: 2020-06-16

Created 2020-06-16
      Last Updated 2021-05-28
      Hi folks, long time no update but i think it worth the wait, fixed Wi-Fi issues on particular devices, removed undesired commits and cleaned up the source, merged latest oneplus source, added gpu oc up to 900 and overall improved stability, hope you enjoy it.
      Those using fkm update engine must re add the new configuration link in order to see the next update.

Like always download link and detailed changelog in op.

Enjoy!!!!!
      Hi folks, new build is up!!

Merged latest oneplus source and LineageOS display commits for custom variant. As always download link and detailed changelog in op.

Enjoy!!!!
      New build is up!!

Download link and detailed changelog in op.

Enjoy!!!!
      New build is up!!

Download link and changelog in op.

Merry Christmas to all!!