[KERNEL]Radioactive Kernel V2.3.1 [2021.11.18][OOS/CUSTOM ROMS][UNIFIED OP8/OP8Pro/OP8T]

Search This thread

sjgoel

Jan 16, 2012
Charlotte NC
Google Pixel 8 Pro
My OP8 is T-Mobile converted to global, and running a PixelExperience ROM. Tried the Radioactive kernel's latest (& then the earlier) version but I still get a "unsupported Android version" error when flashing. I have latest Android version & the kernel version is correct (custom ROM), tried 4-5 times. Any pointers?

Last edited:

Ryano89

May 6, 2011
Indiana
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T
W
My OP8 is T-Mobile converted to global, and running a PixelExperience ROM. Tried the Radioactive kernel's latest (& then the earlier) version but I still get a "unsupported Android version" error when flashing. My version is correct, tried 4-5 times. Any pointers?
When you say version is correct, you mean you're using custom version of kernel correct?

Reactions: sjgoel

MonstaSaleens

Jul 26, 2013
As soon as I flashed this kernel. BAM! first cycle lmao. Awesome kernel
Screenshot_20210529-185159.jpg

AndreiAH03

Jun 19, 2019
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 9R
Sorry for my stupid question but which kernel is the best hasty or radioactive. I love the performance on the radioactive kernel but in the same time i love the battery life on hasty and idk what should i choose.My phone somehow drains so quick the battery with the radioactive for no reason. And i didn't overclock the gpu either bcs it drains sooo fast the battery even if i have the screen off. If this kernel has a better idle drain i would say that's the best kernel but unfortunately for oneplus 8 series radioactive is best on performance side and hasty on battery side

Reactions: bigstix

cubeplayer1

Dec 13, 2017
Google Pixel 3
OnePlus 8 Pro
Sorry for my stupid question but which kernel is the best hasty or radioactive. I love the performance on the radioactive kernel but in the same time i love the battery life on hasty and idk what should i choose.My phone somehow drains so quick the battery with the radioactive for no reason. And i didn't overclock the gpu either bcs it drains sooo fast the battery even if i have the screen off. If this kernel has a better idle drain i would say that's the best kernel but unfortunately for oneplus 8 series radioactive is best on performance side and hasty on battery side
Neither. Corn kernel is best imo

Reactions: Revenant Ghost

cubeplayer1

Dec 13, 2017
Google Pixel 3
OnePlus 8 Pro
Neither. Corn kernel is best
Help me understand why we are talking about different kernels in this thread? Please respect the dev for his hard work. This is very disrespectful.

Thank you so much for making our devices better aguicultor!!!
Just a (corny) joke buddy, I very much appreciate @acuicultor and all that he does for our devices! Heck, I even bought the man a beer! Thanks again

Last edited:

acuicultor

Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Jan 3, 2013
Palma de Mallorca
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Neither. Corn kernel is best

Just a (corny) joke buddy, I very much appreciate @acuicultor and all that he does for our devices! Heck, I even bought the man a beer! Thanks again
Hi buddy, thanks for the donation again, you're very generous, i appreciate your support. Cheers!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    RADIOACTIVE KERNEL

rt2h1v.png

For OOS Android11 only and Custom roms on Android11 and Android12

Code:
    /* *** Disclaimer
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
    * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research
    * if you have any concerns about features included in this KERNEL
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

hi XDA community, i'm here to share with you my little project, my primary goal is to provide a stable and fast kernel without compromising battery life plus some cool features that i find useful for the day to day usage.

Current Features
    General List:

Compiled with self compiled custom clang 14 Toolchain with LLD
    Packed with Anykernel3 with ability to preserve magisk
    Works on OP8, OP8Pro and OP8T
    Support for FKM OTA kernel updates thanks to franciscofranco
    Boeffla's wakelock blocker
    Dynamic Stune Boost enabled by default
    Adrenoboost Driver
    WESTWOOD TCP set default and a lot more others to choose
    A bunch of i/o schedulers to choose
    Kcal Control: Colors, Saturation, Hue, Contrast and more
    Backlight min value configurable
    Enabled power efficient workingqueues
    Dynamic Fsync support
    GPU Overclock up to 900mhz
    Usb fast charge mode
    exfat fs support
    WIREGUARD support
    Removed a lot of debugging to gain performance
    Other stuff that is boring to write, take a look HERE for detailed information
    And much more to come....

[ RADIOACTIVE KERNEL INSTALL ]

DOWNLOAD KERNELS HERE

First of all download the correct kernel zip for your rom (Use CUSTOM labeled for custom roms only)
    Make sure that if you coming from another custom kernel it don't modify any system files or dtb/dtbo, if it does you MUST reflash your rom before flashing this kernel, same goes if you want to roll back from here to your previous kernel

Instructions using twrp:
    * Boot into Recovery
    * (Recommended) Make a backup of boot, system and data partitions
    * Flash Kernel Zip
    * Reboot system
    * (Optional) Install your preferred kernel tweaker app(EX kernel manager or Franco Kernel Managerer recomended)
    * Enjoy!!!

Instructions using Ex kernel manager or any other app with autoflash support:
    * Flash Kernel Zip
    * Reboot
    * Enjoy!!!

Instructions using Franco Kernel Manager:
    * Import configuration file link in flasher tab
    * Tap flash button and let the app do his magic
    * Enjoy!!!

KERNEL DOWNLOAD CONFIGURATION FILE LINK FOR OOS11 USERS

KERNEL DOWNLOAD CONFIGURATION FILE LINK FOR CUSTOM ROMS USERS

Thanks and Credits to developers:

Of course, I had never been able to create all that by my own. So I want to give credits to the really good developers around, that have given me all the inspiration and from which I cherry picked lots of the implemented functionalities:

* SultanXda
    * Ordenkrieger
    * LordBoeffla
    * zx2c4
    * pappschlumpf
    * xzr467706992
    * kristofpetho
    * tbalden
    * Chainfire
    * BitOBSessiOn
    * nathanchance
    * Yaroslav Furman
    * eng.stk
    * Flar2
    * LibXZR
    * joshuous
    * dabug123
    * franciscofranco
    * RenderBroken
    * moludo
    * Lozo2010
    ... I just hope I did not forget someone. If so, please let me know and I will add you of course.
    Thanks to all of you for your great work

I also want to say thank you to my friends and testers and to those who donated me a beer or two;)

XDA:DevDB Information
    Radioactive Kernel, Kernel for the OnePlus 8

Contributors
    acuicultor
    Source Code: https://github.com/acuicultor/Radioactive_kernel_oneplus8

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: V2.2.5
    Stable Release Date: 2020-06-16

Created 2020-06-16
    Last Updated 2021-07-28
    New build is up!!

Download link and detailed changelog in op.

Enjoy!!!!
    New build is up!!!

Long list of changes in this build, i recommend to take a look at github for details, added some i/o schedulers, TCP congestion algorithms and sys entries for game switch (check init.radioactive.sh file in kernel zip for this) also raised gpu default frequency up to 670MHz and other stuff that you can see in github.

Hope everyone is fine and healthy, take care and enjoy the new release!!
    New build is up!!

From now onwards Custom variant can be flashed on Android12 roms although no support from me will be given if you face any problems, i only support oos variant because it's the rom i'm using. Hope you understand.
    Like always download link and detailed changelog in op.

Enjoy!!!!
    Hi folks, long time no update but i think it worth the wait, fixed Wi-Fi issues on particular devices, removed undesired commits and cleaned up the source, merged latest oneplus source, added gpu oc up to 900 and overall improved stability, hope you enjoy it.
    Those using fkm update engine must re add the new configuration link in order to see the next update.

Like always download link and detailed changelog in op.

Enjoy!!!!!