[KERNEL]Radioactive Kernel V2.3.1 [2021.11.18][OOS/CUSTOM ROMS][UNIFIED OP8/OP8Pro/OP8T]

Search This thread

zioloiso

Mar 10, 2012
I have problem on my OP 8 Pro, I no can set in Franco Manager kernel minimi frequently for little core 300, the same change to 1000? Does anyone have any idea what causes this effect? I no used any app to boost phone... After reboot is normal, i cant set 300. The same problem for big and prime, same set 1000, no can set 710 and ~800, Help?

Ryano89

May 6, 2011
Indiana
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T
I have problem on my OP 8 Pro, I no can set in Franco Manager kernel minimi frequently for little core 300, the same change to 1000? Does anyone have any idea what causes this effect? I no used any app to boost phone... After reboot is normal, i cant set 300. The same problem for big and prime, same set 1000, no can set 710 and ~800, Help?
I would suggest you read the last couple of posts in the thread. They are about this very subject.

zioloiso

Mar 10, 2012
I would suggest you read the last couple of posts in the thread. They are about this very subject.

No, I am not writing about the fact that the frequency does not drop to 300. I am writing about the fact that after a few hours of starting the phone, I cannot set the lower limit to 300, because something is forcing it to 1000. I do not know what it does. I will turn off the phone and then a few hours later the lower threshold can be set to 300.

Blackdranzer

Jul 14, 2015
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 8
My camera lags for 1-2 seconds while taking a video, the first time i hit record after opening the camera. After that its fine.

I dont have any other mods but this issue has been there since i installed radioactive, n its just great except for this one issue

On Oneplus 8 pro, 8gb 128gb variant

Can the dev look into this? Are other 8 pro users facing this issue?

Last edited:

Ryano89

May 6, 2011
Indiana
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T
No, I am not writing about the fact that the frequency does not drop to 300. I am writing about the fact that after a few hours of starting the phone, I cannot set the lower limit to 300, because something is forcing it to 1000. I do not know what it does. I will turn off the phone and then a few hours later the lower threshold can be set to 300.
I don't know what is causing that, but the Dev doesn't recommend setting it 300 any way. It's not really going to save battery and could cause problems

Reactions: cubeplayer1

Ace42

Jul 20, 2009
USA
Moto G Power
Motorola Edge
In your kernel app does it show 1ghz for small cluster, 1.2 for big, and 1ghz for prime constantly? I think this is a bug because I see it on blu, too. Charging the phone past a certain point (90-95?) Seems to trigger it.

Reactions: szmataman

szmataman

Jan 26, 2013
In your kernel app does it show 1ghz for small cluster, 1.2 for big, and 1ghz for prime constantly? I think this is a bug because I see it on blu, too. Charging the phone past a certain point (90-95?) Seems to trigger it.
Hi, had the same problem that stacking 1k mhz... After reinstalled the Kernel I had min. freq=691mhz after 1/2h I noticed same problem, stack on ~ 1000mhz again, that might be a bug. I'm using exkernel manager.

Ace42

Jul 20, 2009
USA
Moto G Power
Motorola Edge
Hi, had the same problem that stacking 1k mhz... After reinstalled the Kernel I had min. freq=691mhz after 1/2h I noticed same problem, stack on ~ 1000mhz again, that might be a bug. I'm using exkernel manager.
Same issue in franco kernel, exkernel and smartpack. The app doesn't matter. I think the CPU actually goes below 1ghz, since my battery life isn't worse. Seems to be a bug with frequency readings.

Blackdranzer

Jul 14, 2015
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 8

Its a oneplus bug, I had this on all kernels i flashed including stock after resetting my device.

I msm'd into 11.0.4.4 then upgraded to ltest version n since then its fine.

Now it doesnt get stuck at 1056, 1075.

Edit: For me it gets stuck when i start using chatheads, no need to reset anything i suppose.
Disable chatheads n reboot to see if that stops this issue

Last edited:
Reactions: Ace42 and szmataman

Blackdranzer

Jul 14, 2015
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 8
Ah the bug is back again, getting stuck at 1000 for all cores.

So i msm'd , flashed magisk, installed radioactive - n everything was fine for a week coz i kept checking

Installed stock for a few days, cores started getting stuck at 1000 noticed just now , now back to radioactive n within half an hour it got stuck again, wont go below 1000 even on idle

It happens even on stock though, not just radioactive

Any fixes or workaround? Or is it just a visual bug?
If its just a visual bug its cool then, coz it doesnt seem to eat battery the hours are more or less the same.

Last edited:

acuicultor

Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Jan 3, 2013
Palma de Mallorca
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Ah the bug is back again, getting stuck at 1000 for all cores.

So i msm'd , flashed magisk, installed radioactive - n everything was fine for a week coz i kept checking

Installed stock for a few days, cores started getting stuck at 1000 noticed just now , now back to radioactive n within half an hour it got stuck again, wont go below 1000 even on idle

It happens even on stock though, not just radioactive

Any fixes or workaround? Or is it just a visual bug?
If its just a visual bug its cool then, coz it doesnt seem to eat battery the hours are more or less the same.
Sorry but there's nothing to fix on my side, kernel is completely fine, your problem is caused by an user installed app or module.

Reactions: Ace42 and szmataman

Blackdranzer

Jul 14, 2015
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 8
Sorry but there's nothing to fix on my side, kernel is completely fine, your problem is caused by an user installed app or module.
I will just edit this so i dont spam anymore.

Its not kernel related at all. The moment i use chatheads it stays locked at 1000+ Mhz n wont go down until i reboot.
N then as long as i keep chatheads disabled its normal.
I tried this multiple times to confirm hence posting this here for the ones facing this issue it might help.

@acuicultor Thanks again for the kernel, makes a huge difference on the phone!

Last edited:

zioloiso

Mar 10, 2012
I will just edit this so i dont spam anymore.

Its not kernel related at all. The moment i use chatheads it stays locked at 1000+ Mhz n wont go down until i reboot.
N then as long as i keep chatheads disabled its normal.
I tried this multiple times to confirm hence posting this here for the ones facing this issue it might help.

@acuicultor Thanks again for the kernel, makes a huge difference on the ph

Find you solution problem with block 1000 mhz after 1-4h ?

Blackdranzer

Jul 14, 2015
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 8
Disable chatheads ? Can you expand on what's going on?
Cpu gets locked at 1056, 1075 Mhz once i open chat bubbles.

It wont go down below 1000 Mhz until I reboot.

Its a oneplus bug, has nothing to do with radioactive, Video for proof.

Dont mind the modules or themes on my 8 pro, I tested it on a bootloader locked One plus 9R with stock kernel same result.

Attachments

• 21-06-18-16-12-17.mp4
    26.1 MB · Views: 1

trantiendat3004

Woooow stock rom +

Radioactive Kernel V2.2.2 900mhz gpu . Very fast and smooth 😘
Screenshot_20210618-203416.jpg

Reactions: ps000000 and efx7n

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    RADIOACTIVE KERNEL

rt2h1v.png

For OOS Android11 only and Custom roms on Android11 and Android12

Code:
    /* *** Disclaimer
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
    * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research
    * if you have any concerns about features included in this KERNEL
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

hi XDA community, i'm here to share with you my little project, my primary goal is to provide a stable and fast kernel without compromising battery life plus some cool features that i find useful for the day to day usage.

Current Features
    General List:

Compiled with self compiled custom clang 14 Toolchain with LLD
    Packed with Anykernel3 with ability to preserve magisk
    Works on OP8, OP8Pro and OP8T
    Support for FKM OTA kernel updates thanks to franciscofranco
    Boeffla's wakelock blocker
    Dynamic Stune Boost enabled by default
    Adrenoboost Driver
    WESTWOOD TCP set default and a lot more others to choose
    A bunch of i/o schedulers to choose
    Kcal Control: Colors, Saturation, Hue, Contrast and more
    Backlight min value configurable
    Enabled power efficient workingqueues
    Dynamic Fsync support
    GPU Overclock up to 900mhz
    Usb fast charge mode
    exfat fs support
    WIREGUARD support
    Removed a lot of debugging to gain performance
    Other stuff that is boring to write, take a look HERE for detailed information
    And much more to come....

[ RADIOACTIVE KERNEL INSTALL ]

DOWNLOAD KERNELS HERE

First of all download the correct kernel zip for your rom (Use CUSTOM labeled for custom roms only)
    Make sure that if you coming from another custom kernel it don't modify any system files or dtb/dtbo, if it does you MUST reflash your rom before flashing this kernel, same goes if you want to roll back from here to your previous kernel

Instructions using twrp:
    * Boot into Recovery
    * (Recommended) Make a backup of boot, system and data partitions
    * Flash Kernel Zip
    * Reboot system
    * (Optional) Install your preferred kernel tweaker app(EX kernel manager or Franco Kernel Managerer recomended)
    * Enjoy!!!

Instructions using Ex kernel manager or any other app with autoflash support:
    * Flash Kernel Zip
    * Reboot
    * Enjoy!!!

Instructions using Franco Kernel Manager:
    * Import configuration file link in flasher tab
    * Tap flash button and let the app do his magic
    * Enjoy!!!

KERNEL DOWNLOAD CONFIGURATION FILE LINK FOR OOS11 USERS

KERNEL DOWNLOAD CONFIGURATION FILE LINK FOR CUSTOM ROMS USERS

Thanks and Credits to developers:

Of course, I had never been able to create all that by my own. So I want to give credits to the really good developers around, that have given me all the inspiration and from which I cherry picked lots of the implemented functionalities:

* SultanXda
    * Ordenkrieger
    * LordBoeffla
    * zx2c4
    * pappschlumpf
    * xzr467706992
    * kristofpetho
    * tbalden
    * Chainfire
    * BitOBSessiOn
    * nathanchance
    * Yaroslav Furman
    * eng.stk
    * Flar2
    * LibXZR
    * joshuous
    * dabug123
    * franciscofranco
    * RenderBroken
    * moludo
    * Lozo2010
    ... I just hope I did not forget someone. If so, please let me know and I will add you of course.
    Thanks to all of you for your great work

I also want to say thank you to my friends and testers and to those who donated me a beer or two;)

XDA:DevDB Information
    Radioactive Kernel, Kernel for the OnePlus 8

Contributors
    acuicultor
    Source Code: https://github.com/acuicultor/Radioactive_kernel_oneplus8

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: V2.2.5
    Stable Release Date: 2020-06-16

Created 2020-06-16
    Last Updated 2021-07-28
    New build is up!!

Download link and detailed changelog in op.

Enjoy!!!!
    New build is up!!!

Long list of changes in this build, i recommend to take a look at github for details, added some i/o schedulers, TCP congestion algorithms and sys entries for game switch (check init.radioactive.sh file in kernel zip for this) also raised gpu default frequency up to 670MHz and other stuff that you can see in github.

Hope everyone is fine and healthy, take care and enjoy the new release!!
    New build is up!!

From now onwards Custom variant can be flashed on Android12 roms although no support from me will be given if you face any problems, i only support oos variant because it's the rom i'm using. Hope you understand.
    Like always download link and detailed changelog in op.

Enjoy!!!!
    Hi folks, long time no update but i think it worth the wait, fixed Wi-Fi issues on particular devices, removed undesired commits and cleaned up the source, merged latest oneplus source, added gpu oc up to 900 and overall improved stability, hope you enjoy it.
    Those using fkm update engine must re add the new configuration link in order to see the next update.

Like always download link and detailed changelog in op.

Enjoy!!!!!