• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[KERNEL]Radioactive Kernel V2.2.5 [2021.07.28][OOS/CUSTOM ROMS][UNIFIED OP8/OP8Pro/OP8T]

Search This thread

Sztunt1

Nov 21, 2009
Xiaomi Poco F1
Hello I have problem with GPU freq when I set max GPU 900mhz i can only reach 587mhz on any games benchmark etc. , never more. I try many kernel managers , adreno boost nothing help , when I set min /max to 900 mhz then that freq works. I'm on latest OP8 OOS 11.0.7. Any fix ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210715-114621.jpg
    Screenshot_20210715-114621.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 63
  • Screenshot_20210715-114312_7c3fa40727f5f4f9adb3bd76b24a2524.jpg
    Screenshot_20210715-114312_7c3fa40727f5f4f9adb3bd76b24a2524.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 64

acuicultor

Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Jan 3, 2013
Palma de Mallorca
OnePlus 8
Hello I have problem with GPU freq when I set max GPU 900mhz i can only reach 587mhz on any games benchmark etc. , never more. I try many kernel managers , adreno boost nothing help , when I set min /max to 900 mhz then that freq works. I'm on latest OP8 OOS 11.0.7. Any fix ?
Not kernel problem, it's app side that can't properly read gpu frequency values.

xorpix

Jul 5, 2021
Hmmm I don't think so my friend because when I set min and max to 900 then show 900 on side app and game is smoother and battery consumption is little higher.
Delete the current kernel manager and install the other one. Set maxfreq to 900 there, check if it worked and then come back to Your previous kernel manager. If it still doesn't go higher than 587 after selecting in new kernel manager, ignore it. Just delete it and install the one You were using and select 900 there. It will work.
This is sorta weird bug tho. To make higher frequencies work you have to switch kernel managers

Reactions: trongthanh

Sztunt1

Nov 21, 2009
Xiaomi Poco F1
Delete the current kernel manager and install the other one. Set maxfreq to 900 there, check if it worked and then come back to Your previous kernel manager. If it still doesn't go higher than 587 after selecting in new kernel manager, ignore it. Just delete it and install the one You were using and select 900 there. It will work.
This is sorta weird bug tho. To make higher frequencies work you have to switch kernel managers
Yes i try many others kernel manager doesn't help i find fix an install another version of radioactive
4.19.113~RadioActive-WL-295-920GPU-2.1.4 on that version GPU freq working with no problems :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just out of curiosity (and not really expecting a response), do you plan on building this kernel for the 9/pro series? Im guessing you dont have access to any of those phones. This is the only thing i miss after switching to a 9 pro.
    Sorry but no, i don't have any 9 series device and don't even plan on buying them. Next device probably will be a pixel instead of oneplus.
    There is one weird thing tho. Totally not sure if it's ROM or kernel or whatever but after a while the brightness starts to act weird. Like, the first half of the slider does nothing up to like 55-60% and then it's all of the brightness adjustment in the last 35% ish. It's usually fine after a cold boot but not long.

I am using Auto high brightness mode from the kernel as well as forcing 10% min brightness but without those 2 it still acts weird. The 10% min also doesn't work anymore as it sets it to 10% correctly but that part of the slider doesn't do anything anymore...

It seems to work fine on the stock kernel of EvoX tho. At least, the 5 minutes I used it. Lol.
    Sorry but custom rom builds doesn't have support, if it works in x or y rom is fine, if it's not i will not try to fix for a determinate rom, btw without a log even if you report using oos i can't do anything.
    Gcam doesn't save when you take a picture, no problem in other kernels. Can you fix it please? Op 8t build 11.0.10.10
    I use gcam every day without any problem.
    Heya, acuicultor!
    So far, I'm so excited using Your kernel. I have the best experience using my phone with it. I would like to ask if You plan adding some of other CPU governors (like blu-schedutil for example).
    Thank You.
    Sorry but no, those other governors are just schedutil with a few useless modifications, I'll keep the original schedutil which is the original and the best imo. Btw eas works differently like hmp where governors have the power to make frequency changes, in eas that task is more on the scheduler side instead of governor.
    Hi, I would like to test this kernel in my phone (currently using custom AICP rom) and I don't understand this statement. Does it mean that I have to flash the current .zip of my ROM, and afterwards from the recovery without rebooting, flash the kernel?
    Of course I don't know if AICP uses a custom kernel that modifies system files or dtb/dtbo -_-
    Just flash the custom version of the kernel and you're good to go. In another side, nice to see you here mate, ping me on Telegram if you have any problems.
    Hangs on boot with the latest 5.9.2 OTA for EvoX.

I daily this kernel ever since I run custom ROM's as it's absolutely amazing but unfortunately it no longer boots..
    Confirmed working on latest evox and havoc builds.
    Just intrested why zram should be enabled? Is it because kernel is coded to use it or something else? I just noticed swap tornado module thread and would like to know is there benefits to disable zram if not using heavy ram consuming apps and games?
    Oos and his memory management system expect zram to be enabled, disabling it can cause problems.
    RADIOACTIVE KERNEL

rt2h1v.png

For Android 11 only

Code:
    /* *** Disclaimer
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
    * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research
    * if you have any concerns about features included in this KERNEL
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

hi XDA community, i'm here to share with you my little project, my primary goal is to provide a stable and fast kernel without compromising battery life plus some cool features that i find useful for the day to day usage.

Current Features
    General List:

Compiled with self compiled custom clang 13 Toolchain with LLD
    Packed with Anykernel3 with ability to preserve magisk
    Works on OP8, OP8Pro and OP8T
    Support for FKM OTA kernel updates thanks to franciscofranco
    Boeffla's wakelock blocker
    Adrenoboost Driver
    BBR TCP set default
    Kcal Control: Colors, Saturation, Hue, Contrast and more
    Backlight min value configurable
    Enabled power efficient workingqueues
    Dynamic Fsync support
    GPU Overclock up to 900mhz
    Usb fast charge mode
    exfat fs support
    WIREGUARD support
    Removed a lot of debugging to gain performance
    Other stuff that is boring to write, take a look HERE for detailed information
    And much more to come....

[ RADIOACTIVE KERNEL INSTALL ]

DOWNLOAD KERNELS HERE

First of all download the correct kernel zip for your rom (Use CUSTOM labeled for custom roms only)
    Make sure that if you coming from another custom kernel it don't modify any system files or dtb/dtbo, if it does you MUST reflash your rom before flashing this kernel, same goes if you want to roll back from here to your previous kernel

Instructions using twrp:
    * Boot into Recovery
    * (Recommended) Make a backup of boot, system and data partitions
    * Flash Kernel Zip
    * Reboot system
    * (Optional) Install your preferred kernel tweaker app(EX kernel manager or Franco Kernel Managerer recomended)
    * Enjoy!!!

Instructions using Ex kernel manager or any other app with autoflash support:
    * Flash Kernel Zip
    * Reboot
    * Enjoy!!!

Instructions using Franco Kernel Manager:
    * Import configuration file link in flasher tab
    * Tap flash button and let the app do his magic
    * Enjoy!!!

KERNEL DOWNLOAD CONFIGURATION FILE LINK FOR OOS11 USERS

KERNEL DOWNLOAD CONFIGURATION FILE LINK FOR CUSTOM ROMS USERS

Thanks and Credits to developers:

Of course, I had never been able to create all that by my own. So I want to give credits to the really good developers around, that have given me all the inspiration and from which I cherry picked lots of the implemented functionalities:

* SultanXda
    * Ordenkrieger
    * LordBoeffla
    * zx2c4
    * pappschlumpf
    * xzr467706992
    * kristofpetho
    * tbalden
    * Chainfire
    * BitOBSessiOn
    * nathanchance
    * Yaroslav Furman
    * eng.stk
    * Flar2
    * LibXZR
    * joshuous
    * dabug123
    * franciscofranco
    * RenderBroken
    * moludo
    * Lozo2010
    ... I just hope I did not forget someone. If so, please let me know and I will add you of course.
    Thanks to all of you for your great work

I also want to say thank you to my friends and testers and to those who donated me a beer or two;)

XDA:DevDB Information
    Radioactive Kernel, Kernel for the OnePlus 8

Contributors
    acuicultor
    Source Code: https://github.com/acuicultor/Radioactive_kernel_oneplus8

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: V2.2.5
    Stable Release Date: 2020-06-16

Created 2020-06-16
    Last Updated 2021-07-28
    New build is up!!

Download link and detailed changelog in op.

Enjoy!!!!
    Hi folks, long time no update but i think it worth the wait, fixed Wi-Fi issues on particular devices, removed undesired commits and cleaned up the source, merged latest oneplus source, added gpu oc up to 900 and overall improved stability, hope you enjoy it.
    Those using fkm update engine must re add the new configuration link in order to see the next update.

Like always download link and detailed changelog in op.

Enjoy!!!!!
    Hi folks, new build is up!!

Merged latest oneplus source and LineageOS display commits for custom variant. As always download link and detailed changelog in op.

Enjoy!!!!
    New build is up!!

Download link and detailed changelog in op.

Enjoy!!!!