• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[KERNEL]Radioactive Kernel V2.3.1 [2021.11.18][OOS/CUSTOM ROMS][UNIFIED OP8/OP8Pro/OP8T]

Search This thread

Imprezzion

Dec 12, 2011
Gorredijk
OnePlus 8 Pro
There is one weird thing tho. Totally not sure if it's ROM or kernel or whatever but after a while the brightness starts to act weird. Like, the first half of the slider does nothing up to like 55-60% and then it's all of the brightness adjustment in the last 35% ish. It's usually fine after a cold boot but not long.

I am using Auto high brightness mode from the kernel as well as forcing 10% min brightness but without those 2 it still acts weird. The 10% min also doesn't work anymore as it sets it to 10% correctly but that part of the slider doesn't do anything anymore...

It seems to work fine on the stock kernel of EvoX tho. At least, the 5 minutes I used it. Lol.

efx7n

Jun 18, 2016
Gcam doesn't save when you take a picture, no problem in other kernels. Can you fix it please? Op 8t build 11.0.10.10

acuicultor

Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Jan 3, 2013
Palma de Mallorca
OnePlus 8
Google Pixel 6 Pro
There is one weird thing tho. Totally not sure if it's ROM or kernel or whatever but after a while the brightness starts to act weird. Like, the first half of the slider does nothing up to like 55-60% and then it's all of the brightness adjustment in the last 35% ish. It's usually fine after a cold boot but not long.

I am using Auto high brightness mode from the kernel as well as forcing 10% min brightness but without those 2 it still acts weird. The 10% min also doesn't work anymore as it sets it to 10% correctly but that part of the slider doesn't do anything anymore...

It seems to work fine on the stock kernel of EvoX tho. At least, the 5 minutes I used it. Lol.
Sorry but custom rom builds doesn't have support, if it works in x or y rom is fine, if it's not i will not try to fix for a determinate rom, btw without a log even if you report using oos i can't do anything.
Gcam doesn't save when you take a picture, no problem in other kernels. Can you fix it please? Op 8t build 11.0.10.10
I use gcam every day without any problem.

xorpix

Jul 5, 2021
Heya, acuicultor!
So far, I'm so excited using Your kernel. I have the best experience using my phone with it. I would like to ask if You plan adding some of other CPU governors (like blu-schedutil for example).
Thank You.

Reactions: acuicultor

acuicultor

Jan 3, 2013
Palma de Mallorca
OnePlus 8
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Heya, acuicultor!
So far, I'm so excited using Your kernel. I have the best experience using my phone with it. I would like to ask if You plan adding some of other CPU governors (like blu-schedutil for example).
Thank You.
Sorry but no, those other governors are just schedutil with a few useless modifications, I'll keep the original schedutil which is the original and the best imo. Btw eas works differently like hmp where governors have the power to make frequency changes, in eas that task is more on the scheduler side instead of governor.

acuicultor

Jan 3, 2013
Palma de Mallorca
OnePlus 8
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Just out of curiosity (and not really expecting a response), do you plan on building this kernel for the 9/pro series? Im guessing you dont have access to any of those phones. This is the only thing i miss after switching to a 9 pro.
Sorry but no, i don't have any 9 series device and don't even plan on buying them. Next device probably will be a pixel instead of oneplus.

Last edited:

fanbogo

Mar 28, 2010
Manchester
OnePlus 8T
Hi. Thank you dev for sharing your work. Great kernel.
I don't have any issues with frequency.
Screenshot_20210914-074208.jpg

trongthanh

May 11, 2021
Very very good in H2O OS 11.0.11.11

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210917-141353.jpg
    Screenshot_20210917-141353.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 118
  • Screenshot_20210917-141347.jpg
    Screenshot_20210917-141347.jpg
    338.8 KB · Views: 118

acuicultor

Jan 3, 2013
Palma de Mallorca
OnePlus 8
Google Pixel 6 Pro
New build is up!!!

Long list of changes in this build, i recommend to take a look at github for details, added some i/o schedulers, TCP congestion algorithms and sys entries for game switch (check init.radioactive.sh file in kernel zip for this) also raised gpu default frequency up to 670MHz and other stuff that you can see in github.

Hope everyone is fine and healthy, take care and enjoy the new release!!

firozpatel

Oct 4, 2014
New build is up!!!

Long list of changes in this build, i recommend to take a look at github for details, added some i/o schedulers, TCP congestion algorithms and sys entries for game switch (check init.radioactive.sh file in kernel zip for this) also raised gpu default frequency up to 670MHz and other stuff that you can see in github.

Thank you sir, all up and running

remix96

Nov 14, 2010
That's completely normal because it's recreated in every reboot, you should set on boot the option to disable it and set at least 60 seconds after boot to your changes to apply and don't gets overwritten by the system.
Btw my advice is to keep it enabled because we're not on 2014 where zram was experimental and battery hunger, nowadays it's faster and doesn't consume battery life at all, also OxigenOS expect it to be enabled and disabling it is counterproductive.
what dimension of zram do you recommend?

Ryano89

May 6, 2011
Indiana
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T
New build is up!!!

what dimension of zram do you recommend?
2100mb

OrbitronX

Dec 29, 2013
Athens
OnePlus 8
I'm using a personal build of RadioActive on OOS and the following changes make the phone go into qualcomm crash or boot without touch:
touchscreen: avoid dynamic memory allocations (qualcomm crash)
touchscreen: add a few bp hints (no touch)
touchscreen: use GFP_DMA memory for touch_i2c_read_block()
s6sy761: use GFP_DMA memory for touch_i2c_read_block()

Last edited:

Ryano89

May 6, 2011
Indiana
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T
I'm using a personal build of RadioActive and the following changes make the phone go into qualcomm crash or boot without touch:
touchscreen: avoid dynamic memory allocations (qualcomm crash)
touchscreen: add a few bp hints (no touch)
touchscreen: use GFP_DMA memory for touch_i2c_read_block()
s6sy761: use GFP_DMA memory for touch_i2c_read_block()
OOS? Custom ROM? I've had no crashdump using official build on custom ROM

Top Liked Posts

@acuicultor thank u for this kernel. It's running great on 8T and Crdroid rom. To get more battery juice, do u suggest to disable gpu boost and touchboost?
    Only if you want a laggy system, keep in mind that normally the most battery offenders are user installed apps, you should keep an eye on those instead on any kernel.
    New build is up!!

From now onwards Custom variant can be flashed on Android12 roms although no support from me will be given if you face any problems, i only support oos variant because it's the rom i'm using. Hope you understand.
    Like always download link and detailed changelog in op.

Enjoy!!!!
    Great battery and very smooth on the latest release.

Would it be possible to have some lower minimum cpu frequencies?

I've attempted to compile your project, after editing CPU freq tables , I can't even get it to compile . I'm very new to editing CPU tables.

I'm sure it's my tool chain I've had issues in the past.
    We already have the lowest cpu frequency chosen by qualcomm engineers for being the most efficient and effective, adding lower ones will not help in any way but make the device choppy so no I'll not add any lower frequencies sorry.
    oos 11.0.9.9 gl v2.3.0 it is not suitable for demanding games, because the heating is higher than on the stock core and, therefore, strong throttling and fps drop.
    When you say "not suitable", you need to be ready to explain in detail and provide thorough testing results. You need to provide the exact steps to reproduce the heating issue.

I'm playing games all the time and haven't noticed any issues so far.
    I have bootloop on op8pro with oos. I try flash 2.3.0 using twrp but after reboot still bootloop.
    The kernel is completely fine and working flawesly on oos tested for more than a month.
    Flashed in 8t with derp fest custom a12 and its amazing, very good peefomance and battery friendly...
    Thanks for your work @acuicultor
    RADIOACTIVE KERNEL

rt2h1v.png

For OOS Android11 only and Custom roms on Android11 and Android12

Code:
    /* *** Disclaimer
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
    * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research
    * if you have any concerns about features included in this KERNEL
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

hi XDA community, i'm here to share with you my little project, my primary goal is to provide a stable and fast kernel without compromising battery life plus some cool features that i find useful for the day to day usage.

Current Features
    General List:

Compiled with self compiled custom clang 14 Toolchain with LLD
    Packed with Anykernel3 with ability to preserve magisk
    Works on OP8, OP8Pro and OP8T
    Support for FKM OTA kernel updates thanks to franciscofranco
    Boeffla's wakelock blocker
    Dynamic Stune Boost enabled by default
    Adrenoboost Driver
    WESTWOOD TCP set default and a lot more others to choose
    A bunch of i/o schedulers to choose
    Kcal Control: Colors, Saturation, Hue, Contrast and more
    Backlight min value configurable
    Enabled power efficient workingqueues
    Dynamic Fsync support
    GPU Overclock up to 900mhz
    Usb fast charge mode
    exfat fs support
    WIREGUARD support
    Removed a lot of debugging to gain performance
    Other stuff that is boring to write, take a look HERE for detailed information
    And much more to come....

[ RADIOACTIVE KERNEL INSTALL ]

DOWNLOAD KERNELS HERE

First of all download the correct kernel zip for your rom (Use CUSTOM labeled for custom roms only)
    Make sure that if you coming from another custom kernel it don't modify any system files or dtb/dtbo, if it does you MUST reflash your rom before flashing this kernel, same goes if you want to roll back from here to your previous kernel

Instructions using twrp:
    * Boot into Recovery
    * (Recommended) Make a backup of boot, system and data partitions
    * Flash Kernel Zip
    * Reboot system
    * (Optional) Install your preferred kernel tweaker app(EX kernel manager or Franco Kernel Managerer recomended)
    * Enjoy!!!

Instructions using Ex kernel manager or any other app with autoflash support:
    * Flash Kernel Zip
    * Reboot
    * Enjoy!!!

Instructions using Franco Kernel Manager:
    * Import configuration file link in flasher tab
    * Tap flash button and let the app do his magic
    * Enjoy!!!

KERNEL DOWNLOAD CONFIGURATION FILE LINK FOR OOS11 USERS

KERNEL DOWNLOAD CONFIGURATION FILE LINK FOR CUSTOM ROMS USERS

Thanks and Credits to developers:

Of course, I had never been able to create all that by my own. So I want to give credits to the really good developers around, that have given me all the inspiration and from which I cherry picked lots of the implemented functionalities:

* SultanXda
    * Ordenkrieger
    * LordBoeffla
    * zx2c4
    * pappschlumpf
    * xzr467706992
    * kristofpetho
    * tbalden
    * Chainfire
    * BitOBSessiOn
    * nathanchance
    * Yaroslav Furman
    * eng.stk
    * Flar2
    * LibXZR
    * joshuous
    * dabug123
    * franciscofranco
    * RenderBroken
    * moludo
    * Lozo2010
    ... I just hope I did not forget someone. If so, please let me know and I will add you of course.
    Thanks to all of you for your great work

I also want to say thank you to my friends and testers and to those who donated me a beer or two;)

XDA:DevDB Information
    Radioactive Kernel, Kernel for the OnePlus 8

Contributors
    acuicultor
    Source Code: https://github.com/acuicultor/Radioactive_kernel_oneplus8

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: V2.2.5
    Stable Release Date: 2020-06-16

Created 2020-06-16
    Last Updated 2021-07-28
    New build is up!!

Download link and detailed changelog in op.

Enjoy!!!!
    New build is up!!!

New build is up!!

From now onwards Custom variant can be flashed on Android12 roms although no support from me will be given if you face any problems, i only support oos variant because it's the rom i'm using. Hope you understand.

Enjoy!!!!
    Hi folks, long time no update but i think it worth the wait, fixed Wi-Fi issues on particular devices, removed undesired commits and cleaned up the source, merged latest oneplus source, added gpu oc up to 900 and overall improved stability, hope you enjoy it.
    Those using fkm update engine must re add the new configuration link in order to see the next update.

Enjoy!!!!!