[KERNEL]Radioactive Kernel V2.3.1 [2021.11.18][OOS/CUSTOM ROMS][UNIFIED OP8/OP8Pro/OP8T]

Search This thread
Hey, how can i get this onto my EvoX ROM without using TWRP or any of flashing applications? Im not rooted, and never will be. And im not sure if TWRP is safe to use etc. (its still in beta as far as i know). Thank you. :)
Have you tried the tool all in one. I'm not completely sure that would work but, it would be worth a try.

954wrecker

Jul 9, 2012
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 9
After having the phone turned on for 3-4 days, little cores gets stuck at 1700mhz. This doesn't happen on other kernels, removed all modules and still the same. This wasn't in previous update. I'm on latest oos global version.

One wierd thing is i don't notice any impact on battery life and there is no heating.

Checked if it's cpu-z issue, little core speeds are the same in fkm and exkm.
No issues here

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211214-192046.jpg
    Screenshot_20211214-192046.jpg
    357.3 KB · Views: 83
  • Screenshot_20211214-191814.jpg
    Screenshot_20211214-191814.jpg
    367.7 KB · Views: 80

Ryano89

May 6, 2011
Indiana
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T
After having the phone turned on for 3-4 days, little cores gets stuck at 1700mhz. This doesn't happen on other kernels, removed all modules and still the same. This wasn't in previous update. I'm on latest oos global version.

One wierd thing is i don't notice any impact on battery life and there is no heating.

Try using FKM to check running processes. This happened to me and it was actually Google photos pinning s.all cores to max for some reason. Others have had this issue with different Google apps recently. The being pinned like that is definitely an app issue of some sort.

Reactions: trongthanh

enjoy_life

Mar 5, 2016

I have the same problem with this kernel. I disabled Google Photos app and all other Google apps. FKM doesn't show anything extraordinary in Processes. All processes consuming CPU are pretty standard. And little cores are still clocked at 1708Mhz.

The only thing that helps is a reboot. After several days issue comes back.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211219-005733.jpg
    Screenshot_20211219-005733.jpg
    443.9 KB · Views: 77
Reactions: gsser
I have the same problem with this kernel. I disabled Google Photos app and all other Google apps. FKM doesn't show anything extraordinary in Processes. All processes consuming CPU are pretty standard. And little cores are still clocked at 1708Mhz.

The only thing that helps is a reboot. After several days issue comes back.
Also i have seen some poeple having the same problem in telegram groups, been using bluespark since then. No issues at all

Reactions: enjoy_life

acuicultor

Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Jan 3, 2013
Palma de Mallorca
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hi,
I've noticed that on min cluster, minimum CPU freq is set to 1075 MHz. Is it normal?

That's weird. Flashed it again and now it's ok on that cluster but on another clusters min CPU freq is set to variable. There must be something wrong with the kernel, dunno.
Frequencies are managed by the scheduler and exkm show whatever is set in that exact moment not the real min frequency, you can check that looking at the freqs used and you'll see that lower freqs are used, there aren't problems with freqs kernel side.

trawel

Aug 22, 2012
OnePlus 8T
Frequencies are managed by the scheduler and exkm show whatever is set in that exact moment not the real min frequency, you can check that looking at the freqs used and you'll see that lower freqs are used, there aren't problems with freqs kernel side.
I've set all of them manually to lowest, hope that won't break anything.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    RADIOACTIVE KERNEL

rt2h1v.png

For OOS Android11 only and Custom roms on Android11 and Android12

Code:
    /* *** Disclaimer
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
    * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research
    * if you have any concerns about features included in this KERNEL
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

hi XDA community, i'm here to share with you my little project, my primary goal is to provide a stable and fast kernel without compromising battery life plus some cool features that i find useful for the day to day usage.

Current Features
    General List:

Compiled with self compiled custom clang 14 Toolchain with LLD
    Packed with Anykernel3 with ability to preserve magisk
    Works on OP8, OP8Pro and OP8T
    Support for FKM OTA kernel updates thanks to franciscofranco
    Boeffla's wakelock blocker
    Dynamic Stune Boost enabled by default
    Adrenoboost Driver
    WESTWOOD TCP set default and a lot more others to choose
    A bunch of i/o schedulers to choose
    Kcal Control: Colors, Saturation, Hue, Contrast and more
    Backlight min value configurable
    Enabled power efficient workingqueues
    Dynamic Fsync support
    GPU Overclock up to 900mhz
    Usb fast charge mode
    exfat fs support
    WIREGUARD support
    Removed a lot of debugging to gain performance
    Other stuff that is boring to write, take a look HERE for detailed information
    And much more to come....

[ RADIOACTIVE KERNEL INSTALL ]

DOWNLOAD KERNELS HERE

First of all download the correct kernel zip for your rom (Use CUSTOM labeled for custom roms only)
    Make sure that if you coming from another custom kernel it don't modify any system files or dtb/dtbo, if it does you MUST reflash your rom before flashing this kernel, same goes if you want to roll back from here to your previous kernel

Instructions using twrp:
    * Boot into Recovery
    * (Recommended) Make a backup of boot, system and data partitions
    * Flash Kernel Zip
    * Reboot system
    * (Optional) Install your preferred kernel tweaker app(EX kernel manager or Franco Kernel Managerer recomended)
    * Enjoy!!!

Instructions using Ex kernel manager or any other app with autoflash support:
    * Flash Kernel Zip
    * Reboot
    * Enjoy!!!

Instructions using Franco Kernel Manager:
    * Import configuration file link in flasher tab
    * Tap flash button and let the app do his magic
    * Enjoy!!!

KERNEL DOWNLOAD CONFIGURATION FILE LINK FOR OOS11 USERS

KERNEL DOWNLOAD CONFIGURATION FILE LINK FOR CUSTOM ROMS USERS

Thanks and Credits to developers:

Of course, I had never been able to create all that by my own. So I want to give credits to the really good developers around, that have given me all the inspiration and from which I cherry picked lots of the implemented functionalities:

* SultanXda
    * Ordenkrieger
    * LordBoeffla
    * zx2c4
    * pappschlumpf
    * xzr467706992
    * kristofpetho
    * tbalden
    * Chainfire
    * BitOBSessiOn
    * nathanchance
    * Yaroslav Furman
    * eng.stk
    * Flar2
    * LibXZR
    * joshuous
    * dabug123
    * franciscofranco
    * RenderBroken
    * moludo
    * Lozo2010
    ... I just hope I did not forget someone. If so, please let me know and I will add you of course.
    Thanks to all of you for your great work

I also want to say thank you to my friends and testers and to those who donated me a beer or two;)

XDA:DevDB Information
    Radioactive Kernel, Kernel for the OnePlus 8

Contributors
    acuicultor
    Source Code: https://github.com/acuicultor/Radioactive_kernel_oneplus8

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: V2.2.5
    Stable Release Date: 2020-06-16

Created 2020-06-16
    Last Updated 2021-07-28
    New build is up!!

Download link and detailed changelog in op.

Enjoy!!!!
    New build is up!!!

Long list of changes in this build, i recommend to take a look at github for details, added some i/o schedulers, TCP congestion algorithms and sys entries for game switch (check init.radioactive.sh file in kernel zip for this) also raised gpu default frequency up to 670MHz and other stuff that you can see in github.

Hope everyone is fine and healthy, take care and enjoy the new release!!
    New build is up!!

From now onwards Custom variant can be flashed on Android12 roms although no support from me will be given if you face any problems, i only support oos variant because it's the rom i'm using. Hope you understand.
    Like always download link and detailed changelog in op.

Enjoy!!!!
    Hi folks, long time no update but i think it worth the wait, fixed Wi-Fi issues on particular devices, removed undesired commits and cleaned up the source, merged latest oneplus source, added gpu oc up to 900 and overall improved stability, hope you enjoy it.
    Those using fkm update engine must re add the new configuration link in order to see the next update.

Like always download link and detailed changelog in op.

Enjoy!!!!!