for OOS and LineageOS OP5/OP5T
/* *** Disclaimer * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research * if you have any concerns about features included in this KERNEL * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. * BOOM goes the Dynamite */
This kernel is a joint collaboration between @joshuous and myself. Our primary goal is to deliver a fast, smooth and stable kernel with Energy Aware Scheduling (EAS). We have spent countless hours backporting, experimenting, tuning and improving our understanding of EAS in our kernels. We aim to keep our kernel slim on features, adding only what we believe is essential.
It is also our desire to initiate Development Discussions among the community. This will be a noob friendly thread as long as users follow two rules. First is to do some research before asking. Most likely your question has already been asked. If not in this thread then in another. Remember to always search first! Second is BE RESPECTFUL. You do these two things and even the most hardened Dev will assist you.
* Energy Aware Scheduler enabled
* Dynamic Stune Boost
Latest OOS Build (Magisk required for ramdisk changes to apply!)
Latest LineageOS 16.0 Build
* Boot into Recovery
* (Recommended) Make a complete backup of everything! At least backup BOOT via TWRP
* If you're not coming from completely stock kernel, please dirty flash your stock ROM first
* Flash kernel zip
* Flash Magisk (compulsory only for OOS build to get ramdisk changes working!)
Reporting Bugs (please read):
* Make sure you're not using any tweak apps (Greenify, Naptime, anything else related), otherwise no support will be given. If you have an issue, disable all your tweaks first and see if that fixes your problem. Otherwise, flash the stock kernel and see if you can reproduce it as well.
* If you previously flashed another kernel, make sure you dirty flashed the full ROM zip before flashing RenderZenith kernel.
* Logs! Please provide dmesg kernel logs via Syslog app. If you experienced a kernel panic (system crash/reboot) please provide all ramoops file in /sys/fs/pstore/
* The kind people who keep this project alive
* Everyone who supported us throughout our projects
* @joshuous for his partnership and collaboration with our current projects and many more to come. The future looks bright!
Dynamic Stune Boosting
PELT and WALT
[Kernel] RenderZenith OP5 [OOS/LineageOS V4.2.0] (22 Mar 2019), Kernel for the OnePlus 5
Kernel Special Features: Energy Aware Scheduling
Last Updated 2019-03-22