Render_Zenith-cropped.png

for OOS-P OP6/OP6T​

Code:
/*  *** Disclaimer
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, 
* or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research 
* if you have any concerns about features included in this KERNEL
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
* BOOM goes the Dynamite
*/

This kernel is a joint collaboration between @joshuous and myself. Our primary goal is to deliver a fast, smooth and stable kernel with Energy Aware Scheduling (EAS). We have spent countless hours backporting, experimenting, tuning and improving our understanding of EAS in our kernels. We aim to keep our kernel slim on features, adding only what we believe is essential.

It is also our desire to initiate Development Discussions among the community. This will be a noob friendly thread as long as users follow two rules. First is to do some research before asking. Most likely your question has already been asked. If not in this thread then in another. Remember to always search first! Second is BE RESPECTFUL. You do these two things and even the most hardened Dev will assist you.

Features:
* Energy Aware Scheduler enabled
* Upstreamed to 4.9.196
* Dynamic Stune Boost
* Wake Gestures
* KCAL Color Control
* Sound Control
* LED Control
* Min Back Light Control
* Wireguard
* Vibration Control
* USB Fast Charge

We recommend EX Kernel Manager/ Franco Kernel Manager for making kernel changes

Kernel Downloads:
Latest OOS-P Build

Please note:
Because of how Android Pie deals with the ramdisk, Magisk is now required to properly apply default kernel settings.

Instructions:
* Boot into Recovery
* (Recommended) Make a complete backup of everything! At least backup BOOT via TWRP
* If you're not coming from completely stock OOS kernel, please dirty flash OOS first
* Flash kernel zip
* Reboot

Reporting Bugs (please read):
* Make sure you're not using any tweak apps (Greenify, Naptime, anything else related), otherwise no support will be given. If you have an issue, disable all your tweaks first and see if that fixes your problem. Otherwise, flash the stock kernel and see if you can reproduce it as well.
* If you previously flashed another kernel, make sure you dirty flashed the full ROM zip before flashing RenderZenith kernel.
* Logs! Please provide all logs via Syslog app from the Play Store.

THANKS!!!!
* The kind people who keep this project alive
* Everyone who supported us throughout our projects
* @joshuous for his partnership and collaboration with our current projects and many more to come. The future looks bright!

Source Links:
https://github.com/EAS-Project/op6-pie-kernel/commits/master-oos
https://github.com/EAS-Project/AnyKernel2

Old Builds:
https://github.com/EAS-Project/Releases/tree/op6

EAS writeups:
Dynamic Stune Boosting

XDA:DevDB Information
[Kernel] RenderZenith OP6/T [OOS-P-EAS-V1.1.0][01/19], Kernel for the OnePlus 6

Contributors
RenderBroken, joshuous
Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2018-12-28
Last Updated 2019-01-19

[Kernel] RenderZenith OP6T [OOS-P-EAS-V1.5.0][10/21], Kernel for the OnePlus 6T

Contributors
RenderBroken, joshuous
Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2018-12-29
Last Updated 2019-10-21

Last edited:

jaythenut

Sep 6, 2012
Probably my thought flashed over ex kernel and got no sound from making a call incoming or outgoing :good:

rootmaster96

Dec 15, 2014
Curious about EAS. Since the OP6T comes w/SD845 it should have EAS already. Does this kernel just implement it better?

RenderBroken

Recognized Developer
Sep 14, 2013
/home/renderbroken/android
Curious about EAS. Since the OP6T comes w/SD845 it should have EAS already. Does this kernel just implement it better?

The 845 caf base has eas bits and pieces. Alot more eas in pie than oreo had for sure. But with that, eas is what we are most interested in. I don't really care to just tweak stock base, add in a bunch of features and just be a clone of all the other great kernels out there. We want to do something different. So we seek to implement proper eas changes along with other changes that we feel add to the overall experience. I am really happy with RZ for the op6. I am sure others will enjoy it as well and see the amount of work put into this has paid off. I have personally been working on this for months, but we like to test, tweak, retest, tweak some more, etc. It is a balancing act. We have a pretty indepth testing process to make sure the changes we make are an improvement rather than going backwards. Also, we started this collaboration back on the op3 when no one knew about EAS. Same for the op5, and now for the op6.

tet-bundy

Jan 18, 2016
Flashed it yesterday. No issues (followed instructions).
Exited now how this one performs. Over night drain was okay. Have messed around with kernel settings a lot in the past but finally settled to "flash and forget". And this kernel appears to me to provide just that sort of experience :)

EDIT: running latest stable OOS release

Reactions: RenderBroken

marko94

Jul 28, 2012
Zagreb
OnePlus 9 Pro
I am last 2 days on RZ. No problems for now, with flashing or during usage. Everything is smooth, my phone sleeping like a baby (0.3% per h during night idle drain).

Really good kernel. If support for FK or Exkm or even own app will be available, even better , for easier instalation and update notice :)

yanggame

Jan 10, 2012
I upgraded my phone to OOS 9.0.11 (both slot A and B) and make sure system is working (untouched stock rom, twrp, magisk). Then I flashed this kernel. The phone shut down itself immediately after reboot. I tried again, flashed twrp, magisk, reboot to twrp and then this kernel. Same issue and I can no longer power my phone on this time.

Puddi_Puddin

May 10, 2015
Overijssel / Oldenzaal
I upgraded my phone to OOS 9.0.11 (both slot A and B) and make sure system is working (untouched stock rom, twrp, magisk). Then I flashed this kernel. The phone shut down itself immediately after reboot. I tried again, flashed twrp, magisk, reboot to twrp and then this kernel. Same issue and I can no longer power my phone on this time.

Try: flash rom, let it boot. Flash Magisk and then the kernel.

Somehow when directly flashing Magisk after your rom it just doesn't show the boot screen. That's has been my experience.

If that doesn't solve it try if another kernel has the same issue.

marko94

Jul 28, 2012
Zagreb
OnePlus 9 Pro
I did in the same way as you and no problems here,using kernel for two days without the problems

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Render_Zenith-cropped.png

for OOS-P OP6/OP6T​

Code:
    /*  *** Disclaimer
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, 
    * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research 
    * if you have any concerns about features included in this KERNEL
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * BOOM goes the Dynamite
    */

This kernel is a joint collaboration between @joshuous and myself. Our primary goal is to deliver a fast, smooth and stable kernel with Energy Aware Scheduling (EAS). We have spent countless hours backporting, experimenting, tuning and improving our understanding of EAS in our kernels. We aim to keep our kernel slim on features, adding only what we believe is essential.

It is also our desire to initiate Development Discussions among the community. This will be a noob friendly thread as long as users follow two rules. First is to do some research before asking. Most likely your question has already been asked. If not in this thread then in another. Remember to always search first! Second is BE RESPECTFUL. You do these two things and even the most hardened Dev will assist you.

Features:
    * Energy Aware Scheduler enabled
    * Upstreamed to 4.9.196
    * Dynamic Stune Boost
    * Wake Gestures
    * KCAL Color Control
    * Sound Control
    * LED Control
    * Min Back Light Control
    * Wireguard
    * Vibration Control
    * USB Fast Charge

We recommend EX Kernel Manager/ Franco Kernel Manager for making kernel changes

Kernel Downloads:
    Latest OOS-P Build

Please note:
    Because of how Android Pie deals with the ramdisk, Magisk is now required to properly apply default kernel settings.

Instructions:
    * Boot into Recovery
    * (Recommended) Make a complete backup of everything! At least backup BOOT via TWRP
    * If you're not coming from completely stock OOS kernel, please dirty flash OOS first
    * Flash kernel zip
    * Reboot

Reporting Bugs (please read):
    * Make sure you're not using any tweak apps (Greenify, Naptime, anything else related), otherwise no support will be given. If you have an issue, disable all your tweaks first and see if that fixes your problem. Otherwise, flash the stock kernel and see if you can reproduce it as well.
    * If you previously flashed another kernel, make sure you dirty flashed the full ROM zip before flashing RenderZenith kernel.
    * Logs! Please provide all logs via Syslog app from the Play Store.

THANKS!!!!
    * The kind people who keep this project alive
    * Everyone who supported us throughout our projects
    * @joshuous for his partnership and collaboration with our current projects and many more to come. The future looks bright!

Source Links:
    https://github.com/EAS-Project/op6-pie-kernel/commits/master-oos
    https://github.com/EAS-Project/AnyKernel2

Old Builds:
    https://github.com/EAS-Project/Releases/tree/op6

EAS writeups:
    Dynamic Stune Boosting

[Kernel] RenderZenith OP6/T [OOS-P-EAS-V1.1.0][01/19], Kernel for the OnePlus 6

Contributors
    RenderBroken, joshuous
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2018-12-28
    Last Updated 2019-01-19

[Kernel] RenderZenith OP6T [OOS-P-EAS-V1.5.0][10/21], Kernel for the OnePlus 6T

Contributors
    RenderBroken, joshuous
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2018-12-29
    Last Updated 2019-10-21
    RenderZenith for OOS-P-OP6: V1.2.0 is here!!!

First off, I am sorry this release took so long to get out. I found a rather nefarious issue with regards to boosting top-app/schedtune.boost. This means that in this latest build I have disabled Dynamic Stune boosting. I do know what the issue is now at least and we are working on figuring out a proper fix. Still, performance has somehow increased over the last official release.

Things to note:
    * Upstreamed to 4.9.159
    * Updates to latest OOS kernel source
    * Further EAS changes
    * Better load balancing / Task Placement

Download:
    RZ-OP6-OOS-P-EAS-V1.2.0.zip

Changelog:
    https://github.com/EAS-Project/op6-kernel/releases/tag/v1.2.0-oos
    RenderZenith for OOS-P-OP6: V1.1.0 is here!!!

Things to note:
    * New upstreamed base (4.9.150)
    * Further EAS tuning (much smoother gpu profiling)
    * Better load balancing / Task Placement
    * USB Fast Charge added per request
    * Optimized log spam
    * Updated Binder
    * Updated Schedutil Governor

Download:
    RZ-OP6-OOS-P-EAS-V1.1.0.zip

Changelog:
    https://github.com/EAS-Project/op6-kernel/releases/tag/v1.1.0-oos
    Hey guys,

I have been continuing to make great gains. I have now based upon upstream android-linux. I have been able to further tweak and adjust EAS related changes that have a huge impact on task placement /load balance. GPU Profiling has been made to be much more consistent and smooth. Really happy with the current setup and I am sure you guys will be as well. I am looking forward to official release. Just finishing up testing currently.
    Rz-op6-oos/custom/omni-p-eas-v1.4.0

This is for OP6/T

Great News! We are now supporting Custom/Omni variants along with OOS.

This release uses our AK2 source here:

EAS-Project/[email protected]

Things to note:

* Upstreamed to 4.9.185
    * Brought in latest OOS changes
    * Updated scheduler with EAS changes from 4.14 CAF. More specifically I was able to update find_best_target(). There are a number of optimizations with placing tasks through the EAS path. This will also allow us to port newer EAS changes from our OP7Pro work to the OP6/T.
    * Further adjustments to the scheduler to account for Stune Boosted tasks.
    * Changed how CAF's sched_boost does full boost and conservative boost and how it decides what tasks to boost
    * I am sure there is much more that I have forgotten.

I would like to thank all those that help test and refine RZ. This project has grown from a dude messing around with android 2.1 to a large community. Now that this release is done, I will be focusing more on the OP7 Pro for the short term. But we will still be supporting the OP6/T for the foreseeable future. What I am planning on doing is to further update other areas of the OP6/T scheduler we have brought up so that we can port more and more of our newer changes from the 7Pro to the OP6/T.

Download/Source: https://github.com/EAS-Project/op6-kernel/releases/tag/v1.4.0