[KERNEL + ROM] *** Apollo V1.0 *** (ext4 + data2sd + tun + cifs + rooted)

Search This thread

apollo5801

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 14, 2010
Bangalore

Dear Apollo's,

Excited to get first ext4 ROM? Here you go. I have compiled kernel with ext4 and some most awaited features . I am currently tuneing the kernel to get most power out of our phones and will release over next few weeks. This is first build from sources and you have to live with issues for some time. data2sd is enabled in kernel. You have to partition sdcard and format as ext4 using minitool partition manager to use data2sd. You are most welcome to post your feature requests. I will add them as and when i can.

Theme is from Kyrillos13 ROM. Theme Credit goes to Kyrillos13.

Features:
  • FULL EXT4
  • DATA2SD
  • TUN for VPN
  • CIFS
  • Pre ROOTED
  • DEODEXED

How to Install:
  • Flash JPF to have clean phone (You can test it without flashing jpf)
  • If you applied lagfix before make sure to reformat sdcard as ext4 before flashing
  • Unzip and flash Apollo.tar selecting PDA file in odin
  • After flashing DO NOT wipe data/cache. Just reboot system

Download Links:

http://www.multiupload.com/QTZXLKFSAC

Last edited:

apollo5801

Dec 14, 2010
Bangalore
Yes. All partitions are ext4. If you have ext4 on sdcard it will be mounted for /data. You can install as many apps as you want.

ashrith

Jan 1, 2010
Can you post the instructions on how to install/flash this rom in detail? I'm a noob at this :/

apollo5801

Dec 14, 2010
Bangalore
No JIT. Framework source is not yet released. I think it will be released on March 11th. I will compile after that.

JackStow

Nov 18, 2010
i cannot download things from market, anyone have this issue?
it keep saying transfer fail

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Dear Apollo's,

Excited to get first ext4 ROM? Here you go. I have compiled kernel with ext4 and some most awaited features . I am currently tuneing the kernel to get most power out of our phones and will release over next few weeks. This is first build from sources and you have to live with issues for some time. data2sd is enabled in kernel. You have to partition sdcard and format as ext4 using minitool partition manager to use data2sd. You are most welcome to post your feature requests. I will add them as and when i can.

Theme is from Kyrillos13 ROM. Theme Credit goes to Kyrillos13.

Features:
    • FULL EXT4
    • DATA2SD
    • TUN for VPN
    • CIFS
    • Pre ROOTED
    • DEODEXED

How to Install:
    • Flash JPF to have clean phone (You can test it without flashing jpf)
    • If you applied lagfix before make sure to reformat sdcard as ext4 before flashing
    • Unzip and flash Apollo.tar selecting PDA file in odin
    • After flashing DO NOT wipe data/cache. Just reboot system

Download Links:

http://www.multiupload.com/QTZXLKFSAC

Yes. It will work. You can partition in Tatoo and use it in g3. Lot of work need to be done for this phone. I am trying to port amon ra recovery to this phone. It has all options.
    Here is the program to partition sdcard.

Download and unzip file attached
    Run partition_sdcard.bat
    grant superuser permission on the phone twice (it may not ask in some ROMs)
    Enter the ext4 partition size you prefer when prompted
    done. Restart your phone.
    Nice :)) You have converted all partitions (/system, /data & /cache) to ext4?
    Myself and The Dark Lestat are working together from now on. Lestat will be wokring on theme/framework and i will be working on Kernel/tuning. Dont forget to Thank Lestat for the excellent theme work. Our next release will include Lestat theme, lagfix and fine tuned kernel. Hopefully we will have it tomorrow or day after.